Gliders from The Pet Glider
by KarenE. 12/08/18 09:43 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Health & Hygiene
1 hour ago
https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2015-10-07/herpes-widespread-in-australian-marsupials/6783450

More information comes up if you search "marsupial herpes virus", but it's mostly referring to koalas, wombats, and kangaroos/wallabies. Haven't found anything about sugar gliders or other small/ related marsupial species. Some of the articles cost money to read so I haven't read them and could be missing the information I'm looking for.
9 94 Read More
Health & Hygiene
1 hour ago
9 94 Read More
Diet & Nutrition
3 hours ago
If you already have your Critterlove and have made up one of the salads to go along with it, I would just go ahead and make the switch. It shouldn't be any problem for them.

If you DON'T have all your supplies for the Critterlove, them wait until you do before you make the switch.

Each diet is created to be fed specifically as the creator indicates.

Hope this helps.
1 10 Read More
Diet & Nutrition
4 hours ago
After reading around I've decided to put my gliders on critterlove I have a weeks worth of food given to me by the breeder any advice on how to switch and what to expect is greatly appreciated!
1 10 Read More
Diet & Nutrition
8 hours ago
Whenever yogurt is called for in a feeding plan/staple, it is okay to use. Yogurt is often used as a bonding tool as well. Could you explain more about what you were told that dairy could be harmful? That is a really broad thing to say.

I certainly would never give gliders a bowl of milk like kittens, however, there are dairy products they do enjoy. Like the occasional mac & cheese cheat night rofl

Are you getting your gliders from a breeder with a website or a hobby breeder. There is so much conflicting information where diet is concerned. It is probably the most confusing topic about these wonderful creatures agree
1 15 Read More
Diet & Nutrition
8 hours ago
Hi there!

In about two weeks I will be picking up two beautiful twin leucistic joeys and I'm beyond excited! My partner and I took a trip to go visit the babies and to meet our breeder the other day and while we were talking about diet I became a little concerned. I planned on feeding them the TPG fresh diet, but I was made aware that dairy can be harmful. In the recipe, they use yogurt in the mixture. Would the yogurt in the diet be harmful or would it be fine since it's in such a large mixture?

This may be a dumb question, but I just want to be the best mom I can be!
1 15 Read More
Glider Talk and Traveling
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
Thanks for confirming my thought. Just finished moving the cage and I think Nala is going to be really happy to be away from the TV in the family room. They will be able to see each other from the very tops of the cages but can hide by going down. Will post picture later, right now am late for a holiday party.
11 337 Read More
Yesterday at 07:04 PM
I was told he was about 7-8 when she brought him to me, and I had him for over 2 years now. I do know he came to us when we just came back from SGGA in 2016 we were not home a week when the girl called and went from there. He was neutered the Wednesday before she bring him over to me for a nail clipping and left him while I was doing it. I know he had a couple molars remove since coming to us and the vet said rest looked good. early in year or last year ( man I need to keep my records written down lol..
looked bakc in a older post it was just over a year ago when teeth were removed..
17 659 Read More
Diet & Nutrition
Yesterday at 04:49 PM
Wow!!! Merry Christmas Ollie!
3 44 Read More
State Roll Call
Yesterday at 04:19 PM
Hurst TX. New mama to two boy suggies!
39 21,823 Read More
Bonding & Relations
Yesterday at 04:16 PM
Good to know! Thank you so much I can't wait to start spending time with them 😄 I wish it wasn't bed time. Oh and I have also learned they are not fans of me singing 😵lol
2 32 Read More
Bonding & Relations
Yesterday at 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by Britt_Monster
About 5:30 this morning I heard them making kind of a hiss/ crab sound (what is a that about?)

They are not quite eight weeks OOP and most wait until joeys are 8-10 weeks before separating them from the parents, so likely they were calling for mom.

I would give them time to acclimate to their new surroundings while spending as much time as possible with them. They are still just babies and need as much cuddle time as you can give them.
2 32 Read More
Bonding & Relations
Yesterday at 03:30 PM
I was originally not supposed to get them until the 15. When they hit 8 weeks but my breeder called and said they have been eating well and were ready to go home! They are so sweet! I was able to play with them for a bit at her house and they let me put them in the scarf with no problem! Once home they crabbed at me for opening the scarf but no biting still! They transitioned from the scarf to my hand to the pouch. About 5:30 this morning I heard them making kind of a hiss/ crab sound (what is a that about?) so I checked on them they were at the top of the cage and had eaten half their food. I tried giving them treats mufasa crabbed and ran away But Rafiki actually took it from me! I'm going to give them a few days before jumping into the tent But already I am blown away by these babies!❤❤❤
2 32 Read More
Housing & Accessories
Yesterday at 03:17 PM
Thank you guys so much!
5 94 Read More
Yesterday at 02:24 PM
I was just looking to see if I missed how old he is. Thanks for asking Kim.
17 659 Read More
Yesterday at 02:21 PM
I think it will be fine to move the cages close together at this point. Let us know how it goes when they are closer together.
11 337 Read More
Yesterday at 02:20 PM
You always face that when you take in rescues. I would most definitely get him in for a check, fecal too.

How old is he?
17 659 Read More
Diet & Nutrition
Yesterday at 02:18 PM
WOW, can't deny she's the best agree

Thanks so much for the post, Terry.
3 44 Read More
Diet & Nutrition
Yesterday at 02:16 PM
Ollie is a lucky boy!
3 44 Read More
Yesterday at 01:26 PM
so since the 29th of November Vino down another 10 grams about he is always begging for food when it brought in of a evening. He enjoying hiis treat as I type this a entire suburban Sugar cupcake to himself. he not eating super fast but he is eating it. I might have to take him back to have teeth checked again and a fecal done to be sure he not got other health issues. I know since he came it took him a while to be use to use and now he gone from like 20+ grams to under 100 in 2 years. I a little worried my boy past might have caught up with him.,
17 659 Read More
Yesterday at 12:26 AM
Nala's been in quarantine since I picked her up Nov 12 but I'm thinking about ending the quarantine tomorrow. It will just be easier to move her cage on the weekend while I'm off rather than midweek after work and I'm pretty sure there really wasn't any disease issue with either suggie. Will still wait for intros until after the New Year ... want to see the reaction when the cages are close enough that they can hear and smell each other.
11 337 Read More
Housing & Accessories
Yesterday at 12:23 AM
My main cage is made from PVC-coated wire, thankfully before the toxicity scare. Regular cleaning really isn't any more difficult than the Madagascar powder-coated wire cage but at 6x4x2 feet, it is indeed a bit of trouble to get outside for regular deep cleaning. I think it's worth it for the increased play room it gives my suggies but your mileage may vary.
5 94 Read More
Diet & Nutrition
12/08/18 10:41 PM

I just had to log in to give a big shout out of thanks to Peggy Brewer of Critter Love!!!!

Thank you so very much for the Christmas stocking, stocked with all the goodies for my Ollie!!!!

Also, thanks again for all your time invested to provide healthy meals for our loved suggies!!!!!

Really hoping image works!!!!
Christmas stocking full of toys and treats (Dinosaur, bag of animals, and a bag of pumpkin and sunflower seeds).

[Linked Image]
3 44 Read More
HELP! I'M NEW...
12/08/18 02:43 PM
Excellent reply, Hutch. No glider is going to come to you bonded, however, socialized is something completely different. As Hutch pointed out, it is possible to get gliders already socialized as Hutch did.

There could still be a few little hiccups once they reach their new homes as they get used to all the new sights, smells and sounds of their new surroundings.
4 72 Read More
Diet & Nutrition
12/08/18 07:26 AM
Since 1 cup is 8 oz, 2 cups would be 16 oz. You state the 2 full cups is not the equivalent of 16 oz... I don't follow how you've come to that conclusion.
3 60 Read More
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (KarenE, amarie, Paani), 31 guests, and 34 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
TheresaJ, JBarlow, waguy82, Fabeli98, Chichi123
6766 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums134
Topics9,568
Posts153,724
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members6,767
Most Online478
Jul 15th, 2007
Last 10 New Topics
Switching from TPG to Critterlove
by Britt_Monster. 12/10/18 01:45 PM
Yogurt in the TPG Diet
by krisosaurus. 12/10/18 09:28 AM
I got my babies yesterday!
by Britt_Monster. 12/09/18 10:30 AM
Thank You Peggy Brewer!!!!
by Terry. 12/08/18 05:41 PM
TPG Diet Questions
by waguy82. 12/07/18 03:18 AM
Gliders from The Pet Glider
by waguy82. 12/07/18 03:08 AM
Alycia
by Feather. 12/06/18 06:33 PM
New here need some advice
by Maanne. 12/05/18 02:18 PM
Question for people with pvc cages
by Britt_Monster. 12/05/18 07:48 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
748,420 TEXAS
607,193 OHIO
415,577 OKLAHOMA
364,297 UTAH
265,750 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2018