Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Pelleted food?? #1004989
09/15/10 01:20 PM
09/15/10 01:20 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
There are many different opinions on pelleted foods out there. For a long time we have believed this to be the cause for lumpy jaw.

Over the years, we have learned this belief was false.

Although I,personally, do not recommend a pellet food alone as a diet, I was reading Suncoasts current news letter and it states that there are not any vet or nutritionist with extensive exotic experience who did not think feeding high quality pellet foods daily as the main ingredient of a varied, balanced diet - was the best way to approach exotic animal nutrition that they have spoken with.

It even shows a *letter* from a so-called vet (reason I say so called is because the name of the veterinarian was undisclosed, therefore making it just hearsay unless the source is stated)about the whole diet issue.

I am just wondering, how many of you out there do indeed leave a pellet in your cages? If you do, which pellet do you choose to leave in there? Have you spoken with your vet about pellets? If so, would you share what they had to say?

I,myself, have sent Tristan an email asking what he feels about a pellet diet and asked him to take a look at the Suncoast article.

I leave a kibble in my cages for my gliders, as I do believe that it helps to clean the teeth, so I have nothing against pellet foods, IF they are healthy enough to leave in a cage.

Just thought I would see how the glider community has evolved on this issue of the years, as I know I used to be one to scream dont feed anything hard to your gliders because it would cause lumpy jaw.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1004990
09/15/10 01:25 PM
09/15/10 01:25 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

After this years SGGA, I came home with some of the little samples of Happy Glider/Pet Pro. I figured no sense is just tossing it away so I divided it up among my cages. Not many and it was in addition to their normal diet.

I heard so much happy chirping and crunch crunch crunch...

Out of 16 cages, ONE cage had 3 pieces left on the plate the next morning and ALL their other food was gone too. So they didn't eat the pellets instead of their normal food, they ate it in addition to it.

I'm going to be ordering some to use just as treats but won't be leaving any in the cage full time since my gliders don't get up during the day to snack anyway.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005007
09/15/10 02:09 PM
09/15/10 02:09 PM

J
Jd1987
Unregistered
Jd1987
Unregistered
J

Mine love the pelleted food. WE keep a small dish with pellets in the cage throughout the day and they snack on it when they want. I do this because they were used to it from the previous breeder and seeing how much they like it i couldnt take it away. (WE still give them the priscilla diet every night)

They even except them as hand food when we run out of mealies. Ill have to check the brand of pellets as i forget what they are but they seem to be a good addition to the cage for my gliders

Last edited by Jd1987; 09/15/10 02:10 PM.
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005017
09/15/10 03:26 PM
09/15/10 03:26 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Maybe its because it has been ingrained into my brain that pellets are bad that I don't feed them. Although I used to feed a pellet as the staple along with fresh fruits, veggies, and mealies.

My reason for not feeding pellets is that it seemed that they tried to eat them, but couldn't/wouldn't eat the entire pellet. They seemed to almost shred them and leave the majority of it in the dish to be thrown away. Did they only eat what they could, or just get out of them what nutrition they needed? dunno

My other thought is that this consistency of a food (hard) isn't normal in nature, so why feed it in captivity?

I've always been told that mealworms are fed partially for protein (depending on your diet) and partially for dental hygiene. If this is true, then I don't see the need for pellets as a means of teeth cleaning.

This does bring up questions though. Why was it thought to cause lumpy jaw in the first place, and how was this disproved? (Sorry if this is starting a new topic.)

Shelly

Don't sacrifice quality information for convenient information.

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005026
09/15/10 03:48 PM
09/15/10 03:48 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Quote:
This does bring up questions though. Why was it thought to cause lumpy jaw in the first place, and how was this disproved? (Sorry if this is starting a new topic.)

Because there was such a misunderstanding of just what lumpy jaw really is.

But yes, hard foods (even branches to chew on) can cause abrasions in the mouth which can leave openings for bacteria to enter and cause abcesses. This is NOT lumpy jaw. But many of the gliders who have had teeth issues and facial abcesses are NOT fed any types of hard foods so it kinda dispelled the theory that it was the hard foods causing the problems.

However, I will say that the gliders that have come to me on a strictly pelleted diet, even those fed fruits and vegies with it, STINK much worse than other gliders on different diets. Even those on Happy Glider/Pet Pro. The stink issue for me stops me from switching to an all pellet diet.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Dancing] #1005034
09/15/10 04:09 PM
09/15/10 04:09 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
I've always been told that mealworms are fed partially for protein (depending on your diet) and partially for dental hygiene. If this is true, then I don't see the need for pellets as a means of teeth cleaning.

The way it was explained to me Shelly is:

Do you use a toothbrush?
Do you use dental floss?

Do you use both of them? Why?

Well, of course. But would you use dental floss alone?

Although it would help to keep your teeth clean, it would not do it by itself. The exoskeleton of a mealie is really not enough to *clean* a tooth, but could *floss* a tooth, where as something of substance, be it a pellet food a branch your gliders chew on etc, will help to clean the teeth more effectively.

Make sense?

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005035
09/15/10 04:13 PM
09/15/10 04:13 PM

J
Jd1987
Unregistered
Jd1987
Unregistered
J

so pelleted food is ok to have as a addivtive but not suggested for full on diet???

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005037
09/15/10 04:18 PM
09/15/10 04:18 PM
Columbia, SC
saturngirl Offline
Glider Slave
saturngirl  Offline
Glider Slave

Columbia, SC
I'm glad you brought this up Peggy. My glider vet said that gliders need kibble at least a few days a week. He said it helps to clean their teeth. So, I've been giving them some Pet Pro pellet food as treats. I hide them around the cage and they love to forage for them. I always hear happy chirps and clicks.

*~*Tara*~*
5~suggies "mini" Cooper & Sophie
Paisley, Maci & Smurf
2 ~cats Kia and Gabby~
1 ~silly puppy Darci~

Rest in Peace Chili Pepper dog...you will always have a special place in my heart

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005042
09/15/10 04:32 PM
09/15/10 04:32 PM
Minneapolis, MN
wildlifeangel Offline
Glider Slave
wildlifeangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Minneapolis, MN
I don't offer pellets, but I do leave monkey biscuits in their cage at all times. Some gliders chew on them more than others, But I notice that especially the females with joeys eat the biscuits frequently in the morning.

Nadine

Adam-Eve
Starsky-Bianca
Gabriel-Charity
Barrington-Bailey
Travis-Rose-Ruby
Justice-Mercy
Natalia-Carmella-Cayden
Minka-Marco
Reagan-Jocelynn
Donnovin-Selina
Kaluah-Keeko-Emily-Monty-Lexy-Kevin-Raven-Skeeter
:rtmo: :leu: :bb: :cream: :plat:

www.tspsugar.com
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005051
09/15/10 04:52 PM
09/15/10 04:52 PM
Wichita Falls, Texas
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave
DirtyPaws  Offline
Glider Slave

Wichita Falls, Texas
I do believe a 'crunchy snack' should be given to help clean teeth. I do not believe a pellet food would be a proper staple diet.

I just wish I could find a kibble that ALL of my gliders like. I guess once you have more than just a couple of gliders that your odds of this happening are much lower.

I swear some morning I'm just gonna hand them all a piece of Chicken Soup for dogs!

~~~ Crystal ~~~

Dot Dot heart Woobie heart Isabella heart Beetlejuice

heart Blitzy&Ella ~ Twinkie&Tiramisu ~ Dolly&Doobie

heart Taaska & Sadie ~ Teddy Bear Doodle & Sasha

heart Tiki, MoJo, Ruckus, Napoleon
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005067
09/15/10 05:19 PM
09/15/10 05:19 PM
North Central Ohio
GliderNursery Offline
Tech Admn
GliderNursery  Offline
Tech Admn

North Central Ohio
Thanks Dancing and Peggy for the explanations!

Shelly

Don't sacrifice quality information for convenient information.

Glider Nursery

Sugar Glider Foundation

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005070
09/15/10 05:27 PM
09/15/10 05:27 PM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

My little girl came to me on pellets. Brand? I have no idea. They were green, had bits of dried fruits in it too, and looked suspiciously like guinea pig food. She ate very little and was not very active. I took the pellets away and she ate regular fruits and veggies much better, along with her proteins. She also became more active and smelled MUCH less. My mom even noticed - mind you, the cage was kept in my bedroom at the time which my mom never goes into. "Well since you can take cover off the cage and I don't smell her anymore, you must be doing something right" were her exact words.

Maybe there is a good pellet out there for gliders, I cannot believe that it is ok for any of them to be fed as the diet alone.

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005081
09/15/10 06:03 PM
09/15/10 06:03 PM
usa
snowbabygliders Offline
Glider Guardian
snowbabygliders  Offline
Glider Guardian

usa
we also give pet-pro happy glider pellets in addition to their main diet. My vet agrees with this and has also stated it was good for oral hygiene when we discussed my diet prior to me becoming USDA licensed.

I either place my pellets in a separate dish or in their foraging toys.

I do want to add it is probably best practice to only leave a little in the cage, like tara stated she does above, or as a foraging treat; basically what they can eat in a 24 hour period for obvious reasons :
- gliders could poo/pee in/on it otherwise if large amounts or amounts that are not eaten for that night or day are left in the cage for extended periods of time ( i can only imagine how icky it could become if left in their cage for a long time)
- any moisture could cause growth of extra unwanted bacteria and/or a mold..... and i'd imagine could be a risk of aflotoxin poisoning possibly
- leaving just enough for a 24 hr period helps you monitor better what your gliders are consuming and how much. you do not want the pellets to take place of any part of the main approved diet ( i.e. gliders eating the pellets only and leaving the majority of say the veggies and fruits and HPW for that night's feeding would not be a good thing)

smile

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005126
09/15/10 08:14 PM
09/15/10 08:14 PM
Cincy
Thumper Offline
Glider Explorer
Thumper  Offline
Glider Explorer

Cincy
I have one glider that gets up almost every day and another cage that someone will get up once in a while. I give a small dish of exotic nutrition pellets only during the day to those two cages. They do shred it as shelly said but they also eat some. They get hpw at night and aren't eating less due to pellets.

Bobbi

:wfb: :leu: :grey: :rtmo: Jade, Kea, JimBob, Topaz, Sunny, Bruce, Selena, Harlan, Airyelle, George, Gracie and Pugsley.
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005145
09/15/10 09:15 PM
09/15/10 09:15 PM
Perry, Iowa
josefine Offline
Glider Addict
josefine  Offline
Glider Addict

Perry, Iowa
i have been giving, all along, pellet stuff in a bowl, all the time. i never believed the lumpy jaw thing to be caused by pellets, & I'M the stupid one on here!!!!!!!
what i have always fed was the glider complete from exotic nutrition, & the happy pet pet pro stuff, both the supreme one, & the fruity one, & when Lisa came out w/her pellets, i ordered those, also. i did have to cut them up,tho b/c they wouldn't eat them @ the present size, I also have to cut the dick van pattens ultimate cat food. this is something i also buy, b/c of the protein value to the food, & several on SESG were trying it.
my gliders rarely eat anything @ all,the pellets do last along time in their cage,too, so i know they are not just filling up on the pellets.
the ONLY food they are completely eating is candy's blended diet stuff. i feed that all on its own. whenever i mixed it w/the meals, nothing got ate.

Larry & Josefine Vodenik
2014 4 St
Perry,Iowa50220
515/321-6081cell#
j.vodenik@hotmail.com
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005202
09/15/10 10:58 PM
09/15/10 10:58 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
I recently started offering my gliders high-quality cat/dog food since I started a new job and sometimes get home late, so it gives them something to munch on.

I give them Solid Gold Katz-N-Flocken(lamb) cat food. I also recently added some Before Grain Chicken dog food to the mix as well because I got a free bag of it.

Just to mix it up, I'll sometimes add some dehydrated meat(chicken or lamb) or fruit to the mix as well.

Some of my gliders LOVE it, others will only nibble it a little bit.

Personally, I won't feed any of the glider pellets because I don't like the ingredients, which is why I chose to feed the cat/dog food instead.

I would never recommend feeding pellets as a staple for a diet, only as a snack.

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Dancing] #1005215
09/15/10 11:26 PM
09/15/10 11:26 PM
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Upstate, SC
Originally Posted By: Dancing
After this years SGGA, I came home with some of the little samples of Happy Glider/Pet Pro... I divided it up among my cages... Out of 16 cages, ONE cage had 3 pieces left on the plate the next morning and ALL their other food was gone too. So they didn't eat the pellets instead of their normal food, they ate it in addition to it...

Teresa, ummm, how in the world did you get enough to feed 16 cages?? Was I missing something? roflmao

Ok, which one of the packs was the actual "happy glider pet pro"? Was it in a baggie, or a cup?
I remember getting stuff in a baggies, and in cups, and I just doled it out as snacks until it was gone. But really, I have no idea what I was giving tounge
The only one I still have left looks kinda like dead dried bugs, and I havn't really figured out what is is yet. And the gliders were not that thrilled about it either dunno

Do you (or anyone else) have a picture of the "happy glider pet pro" pellets?

Interesting thread. Not sure how I feel about the whole subject.

*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005218
09/15/10 11:40 PM
09/15/10 11:40 PM
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Upstate, SC
Originally Posted By: srlb
I leave a kibble in my cages for my gliders, as I do believe that it helps to clean the teeth, so I have nothing against pellet foods, IF they are healthy enough to leave in a cage.

Peggy, which kibble do you put in your cages?
I'm wondering about the ingredients, that are 'healthy enough' to leave in a cage.

I am now looking at some of the info, and petpro's website sounds interesting in their process, but the ingredients do not give me a "warm fuzzy feeling" dunno

*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005222
09/15/10 11:51 PM
09/15/10 11:51 PM
Wichita Falls, Texas
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave
DirtyPaws  Offline
Glider Slave

Wichita Falls, Texas
Can't find the right petpro website. dunno

~~~ Crystal ~~~

Dot Dot heart Woobie heart Isabella heart Beetlejuice

heart Blitzy&Ella ~ Twinkie&Tiramisu ~ Dolly&Doobie

heart Taaska & Sadie ~ Teddy Bear Doodle & Sasha

heart Tiki, MoJo, Ruckus, Napoleon
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005232
09/16/10 12:49 AM
09/16/10 12:49 AM
usa
snowbabygliders Offline
Glider Guardian
snowbabygliders  Offline
Glider Guardian

usa
http://www.pet-pro.com/

sheila has a good pic of the pellets on her site. wink

Last edited by kristy55303; 09/16/10 12:54 AM.

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005278
09/16/10 03:06 AM
09/16/10 03:06 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
I went to that site and couldnt find any pics. How long have they been in business making pet foods?

I was interested in trying a pellet I read about here I thought was called happy glider, thought that was the right one but it wasnt.

any other sites that offer pellets you have used?

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: JillMarie] #1005297
09/16/10 08:53 AM
09/16/10 08:53 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Sari, I put some Natural Balance (original chicken)Dog Food in my cages.

Jill, PetPro (Jim) has been around for MANY years. I remember back in the beginning (of me getting my first pair) when my gliders would not eat their BML, I always kept some of his pellets in the cage. Until that is, I read how pellets could cause lumpy jaw and I immediately wigged out and took it all out.

I have nothing against the PetPro pellets, but as I said, I would not offer that as the main course in a diet plan. (Just my personal opinion).

Edited to add, I wanted to say if any of you have any questions about how long they have been in business, what ingredients they use, and why they use it, etc., you should really call and talk with Jim. He is a VERY kind man who is willing to answer any questions. Very nice to deal with.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005328
09/16/10 11:04 AM
09/16/10 11:04 AM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
Happy glider is ALWAYS available to my gliders. I began leaving a crunchy kibble in after Dr. Walsh noticed Snuki's gums being a bit red and discussing the use of a kibble to assist with teeth cleaning.

My crew LOVE the Happy Glider fruity flavor, so that's the one they get.

This is in addition to their normal full diet and as stated the main purpose is simply cleaning teeth.

»-(¯`v´¯)-»MO MONEY!»-(¯`v´¯)-»
kids Chance, Dylan, John, & Kayla
Skittles, Snupi, Snuki, Lucy, Shanu, Caspian, Ivy, Kalysta, Kaliya, Santee, Cheyenne, Apache, Comanche, Twirpy, Meribelle, Santeria, Shyamalan, Sebastian, Zoey, Naira & Katsu
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005329
09/16/10 11:06 AM
09/16/10 11:06 AM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
Adding to say for me the kibble is seen as any other treat, not really seen as part of their dinner/diet.

Skittles, Snupi, Snuki, Lucy, Shanu, Caspian, Ivy, Kalysta, Kaliya, Santee, Cheyenne, Apache, Comanche, Twirpy, Meribelle, Santeria, Shyamalan, Sebastian, Zoey, Naira & Katsu
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Guerita135] #1005353
09/16/10 11:57 AM
09/16/10 11:57 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Originally Posted By: Guerita135

Personally, I won't feed any of the glider pellets because I don't like the ingredients, which is why I chose to feed the cat/dog food instead.

Just what I was going to add Nicole. I've never understood the benefits of what's in the dry kibble and never saw the benefits of offering it on the side as a snack. I've heard of many offering cat/dog food as a treat and have considered it, if there was no harm.

I've seen way too many gliders who are fed a strictly pellet diet and it's not what I want for my gliders. People are misunderstanding the snack benefit of it and turning it into a meal.

Why does it have to be kibble to help with teeth? Wouldn't the other hard things they chew on give benefit as well? All mind chew on toys, tree branches, yogies are not rock hard but they are harder than their food, opening nut shells & I'm sure there are other things they chew on.

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: jacknsally] #1005363
09/16/10 12:10 PM
09/16/10 12:10 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Nancy, nobody is saying it HAS to be a dry kibble to help clean your gliders teeth. Just saying that the old school of learning that mealies were for cleaning teeth and pellets caused lumpy jaw are now being taking out of the textbooks per say.

If your gliders are chewing on branches, or toys or other hard items, I am sure it is just as beneficial as chewing on a hard kibble of some sort.

I would also like to point out a previous statement I had made, as I dont want folks to get the wrong impression.

I stated:
Quote:
It even shows a *letter* from a so-called vet (reason I say so called is because the name of the veterinarians was undisclosed, therefore making it just hearsay unless the source is stated)about the whole diet issue.

and although I stand behind this, I do want folks out there to know, this does not mean I do not believe Lisa. It is just that unless a source is divulged, it is nothing more than hearsay.

With that being said, I also understand and respect the fact that Lisa does not want to share that information with folks do to the way the veterinarians tend to receive an overwhelming slew of phone calls/emails when something like this is announced.

So for those who felt I was trying to discredit this information, rest assure I was not. As a matter of fact, I know it to be a true statement as I have viewed the letter from this veterinarian myself.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005372
09/16/10 12:20 PM
09/16/10 12:20 PM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
I see - it was sounding like kibble is the only other hard source to offer to help with cleaning. So I was wondering, were all the other hard things they chew on, not enough or not any help at all.

Always a learning process with these little ones mlove

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Srlb] #1005378
09/16/10 12:31 PM
09/16/10 12:31 PM
Perry, Iowa
josefine Offline
Glider Addict
josefine  Offline
Glider Addict

Perry, Iowa
dog food should not be fed to cats,it is unhealthy,so i don't give 'treats' of dog food to my gliders.this messes up a cats digestion, so i would think it would do the same for a glider.
but,as far as i know(& have learned)that high quality cat food isn't harmful for them,& some of it is good for them,too. IMO

Larry & Josefine Vodenik
2014 4 St
Perry,Iowa50220
515/321-6081cell#
j.vodenik@hotmail.com
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: jacknsally] #1005384
09/16/10 12:42 PM
09/16/10 12:42 PM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
Originally Posted By: jacknsally

People are misunderstanding the snack benefit of it and turning it into a meal.

Why does it have to be kibble to help with teeth?

I would have to venture to guess people are not misunderstanding or mixing up the meaning of diet vs TREAT, but wouldn't be shocked at all if people were getting LAZY and turning the dry treat into an easier option than woeking to make their gliders' diet.

I don't think it has to be a dry kibble, just that many use several sources for the same purpose. Looks like you use many different items to assist with dental care and I do as well, just one of mine is a dry kibble.

www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: Pelleted food?? [Re: Trigger] #1005385
09/16/10 12:48 PM
09/16/10 12:48 PM

L
Lauren757
Unregistered
Lauren757
Unregistered
L

My gliders have been extremely picky lately, so I'm giving them lots of options--pellets being one of them. If they are hungry after they eat their veggies, fruits, and HPW/BML, I'd rather have another option for them to munch on. Sometimes they eat'em, sometimes they don't. I think they are good "fillers," because sometimes I feel like all of this ice-cube-food smile might not be filling enough.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 400 guests, and 77 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,586 TEXAS
679,080 OHIO
487,163 OKLAHOMA
432,166 UTAH
321,694 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024