Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079717
03/02/11 07:32 AM
03/02/11 07:32 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline
Glider Addict
LabNGliderMom  Offline
Glider Addict

Florida
Eddie - no problem - perhaps it was the wording smile

Lauren - I'm sorry I picked up the "if you don't like it don't buy it" and aimed it at you: it's actually aimed at everyone who "bashes first and asks questions later". NOT at YOU as an individual.

In general - Look, I am certain that if testing was done and this was "approved after testing" to be sold, even though clinical trials are still in the process of being completed, that Peggy MUST have also worked with a vet to develop this diet - JUST as she did with the WHPS (a/k/a "original HPW").

I am not going to argue about diets with anyone - I believe each glider owner takes on the responsibility for THEMSELVES to research what is best for the animals they have chosen to dedicate a part of their lives to, and thereby EACH owner has the *right* to make a decision based on their own research as to what *they* feel is *best* to feed *their gliders*...

No matter WHAT it turns out to be that anyone chooses feed their gliders, it is THEIR choice and NONE of us is qualified or has the right to bash them for not doing what *we* choose to do or to belittle them for doing it in a way *we* perceive as *wrong* - if Peggy says she has the science to back up that it is safe to sell and will have more to provide to the community at the end of the clinical studies, it is *my* choice & right to believe her and to feed the new diet if I want to.

All I ask is that more of us recognize one thing:

"Just because it is not *my way* does not mean it is wrong"

Feel free to express your opinions - we all have a right to do so - I just hate seeing a PERSON get *attacked* without provocation: all she did was try to help gliders by creating a better diet... but some are acting like she did something awful and that just plain bothers me. frown

Julie
Hubby: George
Kids: Ayla & Michael
Grandsons: Trysten, Dayton, KJ & Nathyn
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: LabNGliderMom] #1079747
03/02/11 10:15 AM
03/02/11 10:15 AM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
Originally Posted By: LabNGliderMom
"Just because it is not *my way* does not mean it is wrong"

Feel free to express your opinions - we all have a right to do so - I just hate seeing a PERSON get *attacked* without provocation: all she did was try to help gliders by creating a better diet... but some are acting like she did something awful and that just plain bothers me. frown

I really appreciate some of the stuff back on the board this moring but I just want to say I hope Peggy doesn't feel attacked and if so I specially hope she doesn't feel like she was just blinde sighted by all this. I've made some strong statements but I honestly don't think Peggy's feelers got hurt in all this. I'm not saying she "deserved" it but sorry this is what happens when you market a new product like this. It has its growing pains. We ask questions we might argue a little over if this is being handled well but at the end of the day I walk away with my feelings not changed about my friends. You saw a couple pages ago Sherri say flat out I was being silly with my comparison of the baby formula, ok she and I fully disagree I think she's being really hasty to praise this diet and frankly she thinks I'm being very silly. But when I went to bed last night I still love Sherrie as much as I did when I woke up. I feel personally when all this is said and done I will walk away feeling the same about those involved as when it started. Peggy isn't being attacked (I've heard whisper of some other junk other boards) but personally from the people that show up on my radar, Peggy isn't being attacked atleast not her personally. People just want more info.

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
*Website is down temporarily should be back up by November!*
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079761
03/02/11 10:38 AM
03/02/11 10:38 AM
Northern VA.
GliderGuyVA Offline
Glider Lover
GliderGuyVA  Offline
Glider Lover

Northern VA.
Who here was educated in the processes of marketing? Or the process and procedures of marketing or product releases? Any lawyers here?

Armchair quarterbacks galore smile

Go to LGG and read what Peggy has already stated time and time again. Pretty simple folks, all you have to do is point,click, and read smile There are reasons she cannot divulge the info at this point but I'm not telling, but you can read it for yourself if like smile

Slave to:
My Wife
Four - Dogs
Two - Cat's
Four - Ferrets
Eight plus - Gliders
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079776
03/02/11 11:14 AM
03/02/11 11:14 AM
Kansas City, MO
Laurens_Babies Offline
Glider Addict
Laurens_Babies  Offline
Glider Addict

Kansas City, MO
Just like anything else some people can't /won't go to LGG just like some can't/won't go to this board yadda yadda yadda.
"Who here was educated in the processes of marketing? Or the process and procedures of marketing or product releases? Any lawyers here?"

And of Peggy and all her friends defending who ARE THEY?

~Lauren

Lauren's Animal Kingdom
*Website is down temporarily should be back up by November!*
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Laurens_Babies] #1079818
03/02/11 12:46 PM
03/02/11 12:46 PM
Big Sandy TN
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict
Sherri  Offline
Glider Addict

Big Sandy TN
Originally Posted By: Laurens_Babies
You saw a couple pages ago Sherri say flat out I was being silly with my comparison of the baby formula, ok she and I fully disagree I think she's being really hasty to praise this diet and frankly she thinks I'm being very silly. But when I went to bed last night I still love Sherrie as much as I did when I woke up.

Awe!!!!!! I love you too Lauren, always have always will!

And I love that we can agree to disagree and still come out as friends in the end. I totally understand that there is going to be controversy with a new diet just as there is still controversy over diets that have been in the community for years. What we feed and how we feed our gliders will always and forever be a huge debate.

sherri

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079826
03/02/11 01:11 PM
03/02/11 01:11 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
Quote:
Sit back and wait for the results. Once it all has been reveled then you can jump all over it.

I feel this statement is asking those using these new diets to put their gliders out there as "lab rats" for experiments. Which IS the CHOICE for each person to do if they are doing so with full disclosure of the "manufacturer and creator" of these new products. I used MY gliders as "lab rats" when I came up with Reep's diet.

Quote:
If I was being told that there is research and data for a diet I would darn sure want to see that data and research up font before I switched since there is some data. Yes the data is not a tell all since it's as of now has only been a short term study (meaning it only has a years worth of data) and as the years progress more will be added to the data.

I have not seen where there has been even a years worth of studies done. Peggy has said she has been feeding this to her gliders for "several months"

I have seen toothpaste questioned and such (9 out of 10 dentists). Actually, those "studies" have to be available to the public to make those claims. Yes, they can be any dentist (reputable or not) but to claim it, there has to be documented proof or there is the risk of suit for false advertising.

Quote:
I think the difference here the "classic" is the Wombaroo High Protein Supplement (commonly referred to in the US as the HPW powder) and the "new flavour" is a totally different product by a totally different manufacturer.

The new powder should have been marketed as a new product so it doesn't confuse the masses.As it is now, the new product is riding on the reputation of the Wombaroo brand product.

Marz, you have such a good and VALID point with this. Cool Ranch Doritos and Nacho Cheese Doritos are still the same product base, just different flavors. These diets are NOT the same and should not contain the same name regardless who "coined" it. Even here on the diet database, it is listed as "HPW (high protein wombaroo diet) Diet". This is how it was submitted BY Peggy to the database. Peggy coined "HPW" to stand for high protein Wambaroo. Now she wants to make it something else. Yes, it is misleading at the very least since the new diets do not contain Wambaroo and Wambaroo is a BRAND name.

Quote:
Who here was educated in the processes of marketing? Or the process and procedures of marketing or product releases? Any lawyers here?

This statement is designed simply to be insulting to everyone. To ASSUME that no one posting on here has any educational back ground what so ever is quite nieve. I have had some education in the processes of marketing as well as the process and procedures of marketing or product release. No, I am not a lawyer but I have had some education in business law as well.

I would be concerned if I were Peggy about trademark/copywrite infringement in implying that her new diets are "American made Wambaroo".

I've said it before, if this is a good diet, great. If it is backed by mill breeders/brokers, I won't support it because I won't support them. (I still won't buy Exxon gas because of the Alaska oil spill and the way they handled it).

As we all have a CHOICE and we all have the RIGHT to our opinions, I will exersize both those rights. I feel Peggy has jumped the gun on this and should have waited until her clinical studies were finished before skating on the claim that they were being done or going to be done. It gives false impressions that these new products have been tested to be safe when that is not known at all. Or as Eddie said, she should not have made the claim until it WAS ready to be published (or already published).

With Reep's (Wambaroo) diet, I was and am up front about it NOT having any clinical analysis, only my own "testing" with the numerous gliders I have and have had over the years. I have had 3 different vets look at what I am feeding (as well as the gliders eating it) and have their approval on it. Those vets looked at it almost 7 years ago. Would they STILL approve it? I don't know. I haven't asked them. And I encourage anyone wanting to use Reep's diet to have THEIR vet review it too. I also don't push anyone to try Reep's diet. I am not "selling" it. I feel I AM making things better for gliders with this diet because I have SEEN what it can do for gliders. MY GLIDERS. MY experience. MY research. I encourage everyone to do the same for THEIR gliders.

People are people and it is a "disposable world of convience" and there are so many that will always look for the "easy" way out (such as feeding pellets) simply because it is easier without any independent research. And yes, using that convience factor IS a marketing tool.

Peggy bashed someone else for using dry egg products but now uses "dry egg product" in her new diets. How is it all of a sudden safe? And we are supposed to trust that her dry egg product is somehow more safe than what the other person was using? We aren't supposed to question it? A great deal of the questions being asked are because of how Peggy came across with it to begin with. And many of us do know more than the last 2 years history.

Last edited by KarenE; 03/02/11 04:39 PM.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079889
03/02/11 04:19 PM
03/02/11 04:19 PM
Annapolis, MD
dhemy Offline
Out of Pouch
dhemy  Offline
Out of Pouch

Annapolis, MD
Everyone keeps referencing LGG - what site is this? dunno

Thanks,

Debbie

2 Suggies:

Piper :wt: Zoey :wfb:

:rbridge: Glide Free little Taylor
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: dhemy] #1079895
03/02/11 04:33 PM
03/02/11 04:33 PM
Florida, USA
oakley Offline
Glider Slave
oakley  Offline
Glider Slave

Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: dhemy
Everyone keeps referencing LGG - what site is this? dunno

Thanks,

Laurie's Glider Gazette is another online forum for gliders that is known to be a little more *raw* than here.

Here is the link

Meghan

~__/>
{{ }}

Suggies: Basil, Mausi, Bagheera/Baloo, & the Trio
Dogs : Pretzel/Snickers
Horse: Nugget
RIP: Gato, Pepito, Pepper, and Mowgli gangel

Oakley's Glider Site
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: oakley] #1079899
03/02/11 04:41 PM
03/02/11 04:41 PM
Annapolis, MD
dhemy Offline
Out of Pouch
dhemy  Offline
Out of Pouch

Annapolis, MD
Thanks!

Debbie

2 Suggies:

Piper :wt: Zoey :wfb:

:rbridge: Glide Free little Taylor
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079936
03/02/11 06:05 PM
03/02/11 06:05 PM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline OP
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
Great point Alicia. I remember SEVERAL of us very willing to offer to help with things to try to make those gliders' lives better.

I would be doing a happy dance to see (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets telling or offering a good wholesome diet for all those babies.
Heck, I might even help him mix up batches for feeding babies if I were close by.......that way I could see first hand those babies getting it.

Does that mean I would fall madly in love with Mr. Klunder, nope. Be thrilled at his way of selling so many gliders, nope.

But it would be one positive thing I would love to see.

I don't have a clue nor care where Peggy gets her money, nor any of the rest of the people here. And it's not anyone here's business where or how I get mine or what I spend it on either.
What on earth makes anyone one here feel they are entitled to ask such to one they are not married to or possibly the parent of?
If anyone asked me that I am certain they wouldn't like the answer they got in a very fevered and colorful way.

I can understand some things being asked and I say ask away, but some of it is rediculous. As are some of the other things I see.

Why change the name of HER diet which she named- I could see it if she just called them all "HPW" but they are distinquished by HPW, HPW Plus & HPW Complete. I would like to try plus had NO problems figuring out just what I wanted and managed fine to order the correct product, confused by 3 choices wow.
Who's money, how did ya get the money, my goodness. DON"T ever make the mistake of asking me that if you are not my husband or paying MY bills for me.

How do your post the results of a test/analysis or anything else when it is not over. I am gonna demand my vet give me my fecal results as soon as I hand her the poop and see how that goes.
People scream for proper testing, research and so forth then when we finally have some being done the same people are demanding what? End it now and give us what we want yesterday? Take a wild guess as to the final results and give them to us yesterday?
Peggy would have done better to just keep her mouth shut about testing and studies and started selling without it and said well that's how all the other diets were done so, oh well.
She has let us know that the blood work done so far has come back good, the gliders eating this are thriving and doing well.
I am no dietician, vet, nutritionist or any of that other stuff. I am a glider momma who loves her babies and I trust Peggy NOT to offer anyone a product that she won't use herself or isn't safe. I don't think she just decided to take on a task that would have to be a constant headache just for fun and am sure she has picked this thing to death with the vets.
Am I telling you to trust Peggy, nope. Feed Peggy's diets, nope. Feed what you trust, made by whom ever you trust that figured it up.

I feed what I like and usually it is so modified that Peggy would go um, that is not HPW, it is in my house JMHPW

»-(¯`v´¯)-»MO MONEY!»-(¯`v´¯)-»
kids Chance, Dylan, John, & Kayla
Skittles, Snupi, Snuki, Lucy, Shanu, Caspian, Ivy, Kalysta, Kaliya, Santee, Cheyenne, Apache, Comanche, Twirpy, Meribelle, Santeria, Shyamalan, Sebastian, Zoey, Naira & Katsu
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079952
03/02/11 06:45 PM
03/02/11 06:45 PM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
I think the point that people are trying to make but are having difficulty is- Where is this HPW Plus/Complete powder coming from? The questioning to Peggy on this, is quite different than questioning someone about a diet they created. Peggy put the HPW diet (as we know it) together- but she did NOT create the Wombaroo powder that was used to make it. That's the big difference between questioning people & the diets they created. Most other diets use everyday food ingredients or they use Wombaroo Powder. But Peggy is now promoting and selling a NEW High Protein Supplement Powder .

No one has questioned Paswell or other companies, because they were companies that could be traced and contacted about their product- but that information is not available to the public right now on the HPW Plus Powder that Peggy is offering!!

I think people who are honestly interested in feeding the HPW Plus Version have the right to ask questions and have the right to know where the product is being made and so forth. But this product is so new and people will have to use it on faith or just not use it at all.

That's the uproar- there's a new High Protein Supplement ingredient being introduced- it's not about a new HPW diet being offered.

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: jacknsally] #1079956
03/02/11 07:07 PM
03/02/11 07:07 PM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Not having/sharing answers/information may hurt the interest in trying the HPW Plus - that will then result in a lower amount of people using/studying the product- which could then hurt getting this product approved for use and sold amongst the US and not just the glider community.

I would hope the goal for this HPW Plus is to have it available Nationwide and on the shelves of our pet stores instead of glider pellets- but at the going rate/pace, that may be quite some time away. Me personally, I thought we were closer to the later since there was a manufacturer here in the states producing this HPW Plus powder.

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079960
03/02/11 07:21 PM
03/02/11 07:21 PM

D
DARON
Unregistered
DARON
Unregistered
D

A lot of this is, well I cant say what I really want to say. So I am just going to say pointless. Both Baggie & Mucee(my 2 munchkins) came from Peggy They are both great! I have had gliders for many years & have never dealt with a breeder that took the time she did with the whole adoption process. I bought them both at separate times and she spent so much time calling me, emailing me, requesting pics of cage, & gliders. She mailed me some toys, blankets, & HPW powder. She cares too much about gliders she will probably never see again &gliders in general to offer something she doesnt believe in. If she wasnt using it herself she wouldnt be selling it. I still have plenty of the original HPW powder left, but when it runs out I will have no problem trying the new HPW plus. When the testing is done Im sure she will post the results. Until then, either try or dont. I trust Peggy! That's just my opinion.

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1079981
03/02/11 08:18 PM
03/02/11 08:18 PM
Northern VA.
GliderGuyVA Offline
Glider Lover
GliderGuyVA  Offline
Glider Lover

Northern VA.
The beating of the dead horse continues. You can ask and argue the points of this discussion all you want but it aint gonna make anything happen any sooner.

My previous post was not meant to be harmfull to anyone just pointing out that there seems to be way to much "armchair quarterbacking" going on.

You can argue, chitter chatter, and complain all you want, but the answer is still gonna be to wait for the info to be released. Don't buy the product, wait for the results, thats totally cool.

Some day were all gonna look back at this and laugh.

Slave to:
My Wife
Four - Dogs
Two - Cat's
Four - Ferrets
Eight plus - Gliders
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080041
03/02/11 10:40 PM
03/02/11 10:40 PM
Northern VA.
GliderGuyVA Offline
Glider Lover
GliderGuyVA  Offline
Glider Lover

Northern VA.
Here's a pic of Peggy's Glider Tambuski. He has been on the new diet. Look at that tail would ya! I have permission to show the pic smile

Attached Files
dsc04510.jpg (103 downloads)
Last edited by GliderGuyVA; 03/02/11 10:41 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Slave to:
My Wife
Four - Dogs
Two - Cat's
Four - Ferrets
Eight plus - Gliders
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080082
03/03/11 12:10 AM
03/03/11 12:10 AM
roseville, mi
H
hwh4ev Offline
Glider Addict
hwh4ev  Offline
Glider Addict
H

roseville, mi
tambuski is a beautiful glider. having said that i think
that people are beating a dead horse, if you want to wait
to see the results, fine. wait.
on another note who cares who put the money up even if it is (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets at least their gliders will be getting a better diet.
that is what diets are created for-for the gliders.

personally i would not use this diet as i do not like the
preservatives in it but would try it if it was tweaked a little.

regards,
nancy in detroit

regards,
nancy in roseville (formerly in detroit)
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080115
03/03/11 02:00 AM
03/03/11 02:00 AM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
I heart that tail!!!

Valorie and our 10 fur children

RIP Mary Kate
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080127
03/03/11 03:19 AM
Big Sandy TN
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict
Sherri  Offline
Glider Addict

Big Sandy TN
Beautiful coats, coloring and of course can't forget that GORGEOUS tail!

sherri

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080128
Northeast U.S.
angelic4296 Offline
Glider Addict
angelic4296  Offline
Glider Addict

Northeast U.S.
Ahhhhhh, that tail is BEAUTIFUL!!!! And what a face! OK, back on topic everyone haha...

Jess

2 spoiled gliders, Gizzy (6/05) and Ruthie (?/05) <3

Please consider rescuing first!

Please remember to complete your surveys at http://www.sugargroup.org/ - help better the lives of gliders everywhere smile
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080140
03/03/11 04:55 AM
03/03/11 04:55 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Robert, I know you feel everyone is beating a dead horse, and they are, but sometimes, people, women mostly, just need to talk and vent and discuss things to help themselves figure it out, sometimes to not convince others, but themselves.

who else are we all gonna talk to about it? Nongliderloving people at work? humph.

There are also quite a large crew of members here, and all may want to say something on this subject, or have a question about it, and I dont want any of THEM feeling like they cannot comment because they will be chastised for "beating the dead horse"

so ask away, all the GC staff requests at this time is that everyone be respectful to others. It is ok to have different view points. And no one should feel picked on because they think differently

Agree to disagree.

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080177
03/03/11 09:26 AM
03/03/11 09:26 AM
Lone Star
Pockets Offline
Glider Slave
Pockets  Offline
Glider Slave

Lone Star
Sorry all -

I would urge caution using a product with such inaccurate technical information -

unless the info posted to this site is inaccurate http://www.hpwplus.com/default.htm

:grey: We will be known forever by the tracks we leave :grey:

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080198
03/03/11 10:52 AM
03/03/11 10:52 AM
FL
V
vhenke11 Offline
Glider Explorer
vhenke11  Offline
Glider Explorer
V

FL
I say after seeing peggy website she has some of the most beautiful gliders I ever seen , I might butt heads with Peggy but her gliders are just beautiful , I was rude for being mean to her on post and sorry for about that , just upset with being told not to worry about calcium but she made one with it, I would have felt better being told she was fixing the calcium thing ,then not to worry , other then that I like that she adding it in so we dont worry about them , only have to worry about play time and cleaning , now if it get in to store then no more online shopping but honestly I love shopping online ,"addict". Just hope everyone can use it ^_^

Last edited by sugarlope; 03/03/11 03:58 PM. Reason: edited text
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Pockets] #1080226
03/03/11 11:48 AM
03/03/11 11:48 AM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
Originally Posted By: Pockets
Sorry all -

I would urge caution using a product with such inaccurate technical information -

unless the info posted to this site is inaccurate http://www.hpwplus.com/default.htm

What exactly is inaccurate?

RIP Mary Kate
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: vhenke11] #1080229
03/03/11 11:52 AM
03/03/11 11:52 AM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
Originally Posted By: vhenke11
I say after seeing peggy website she has some of the most beautiful gliders I ever seen , I might butt heads with Peggy but her gliders are just beautiful , I was rude for being mean to her on post and sorry for about that , just upset with being told not to worry about calcium but she made one with it, I would have felt better being told she was fixing the calcium thing ,then not to worry , other then that I like that she adding it in so we dont worry about them , only have to worry about play time and cleaning , now if it get in to store fk yea then no more online shopping but honestly I love shopping online ,"addict". Just hope everyone can use it ^_^

Also she didn't "fix" the calcium thing. The HPW diet has an OVERALL good ratio, with the right veggies and fruit.

Her HPW Plus and HPW Complete have the ratios exact from the powders.

Since she was making a product from the ground up she listened to the community and felt this was the best route since people were trying to add calcium to the HPW diet and causing problems with their gliders.

None of what I wrote is FOR Peggy. Simply my interpretation of what she has written at LGG and SGN.

RIP Mary Kate
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080246
03/03/11 12:12 PM
03/03/11 12:12 PM
FL
V
vhenke11 Offline
Glider Explorer
vhenke11  Offline
Glider Explorer
V

FL
Also she didn't "fix" the calcium thing. The HPW diet has an OVERALL good ratio, with the right veggies and fruit.

Her HPW Plus and HPW Complete have the ratios exact from the powders.

Since she was making a product from the ground up she listened to the community and felt this was the best route since people were trying to add calcium to the HPW diet and causing problems with their gliders.

None of what I wrote is FOR Peggy. Simply my interpretation of what she has written at LGG and SGN.

Ok I might word it wrong what I was trying to say sorry !!Not she added it to hpw but made one with calcium in it so we didnt worry if we were feeding right fruits and veggies and we werent doing it our self to add calcium .SORRY thank you for helping word it right .

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080249
03/03/11 12:13 PM
03/03/11 12:13 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
No problem, and no need to be sorry. Just clarifying... smile

RIP Mary Kate
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080250
03/03/11 12:14 PM
03/03/11 12:14 PM
FL
V
vhenke11 Offline
Glider Explorer
vhenke11  Offline
Glider Explorer
V

FL
not saying we shouldnt worry about the fruit and veggies but be able to offer more different ones with less worrying .

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080255
03/03/11 12:19 PM
03/03/11 12:19 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
Exactly smile

RIP Mary Kate
Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080271
03/03/11 12:45 PM
03/03/11 12:45 PM
Mims, Florida, USA
hushpuppy Offline
Glider Slave
hushpuppy  Offline
Glider Slave

Mims, Florida, USA
Well I'm not sure that horse is really dead. Maybe it is “living impaired”?

This has been an excellent mature discussion and although there have been a few misunderstanding, they were quickly resolved. Hts off to GC.

First, do people have the right to ask some of these questions. I believe that they do. For instance the questions about funding. I've heard it implied that it could have been Virgil Klunder. I've also heard the ol' who cares if it is Virgil. Well I do. And I think a lot of other people care also. I think we can all agree that it would be a good thing if Klunder fed his gliders a better food, but many would not purchase if it was known that Klunder would profit from this venture. Just like many of us will not shop for treats or toys at pet stores. We simply refuse to give our money and support to those who sell mill bred animals.

Some have asked about the testing. Here is the reason that is important. Over the years we have seen many diets come along. Most of us have heard a statement similar to this. “I have been doing research for long time, and I have come up with a great diet. I've tested it, My gliders love it and best of all my vet loves it.” Most of the time this translates into “ I looked some things up on the internet and threw some things together, my pets eat it if they are hungry, and best of all my vet nodded in approval when I showed him the ingredient list. This community is weary of that kind of deception. So if this diet is being clinically tested, there should be some sort facts to back it up. If Peggy hadn't advertised the testing, there wouldn't be any reason to question it but since she did, I think people have the right to ask. And it's my understanding that the law dictates that these kind of statements be true and supported.

Concerning the manufacturer; here again if Peggy advertised that, either on her site or on her packaging, she should be prepared to substantiate those claims. Also laws require that she state the name and address of the company that is responsible for the safety of the pet food. This information must be provided on the label.

It has been said in this post that there are no agencies that regulate pet foods. That is NOT true. FDA, USDA, AAFCO, FTC and CMV and others can regulate pet food depending on the type of pet food and the claims are made on the label and in the advertising. Furthermore, each state may have their own set of regulations and the corporation should understand the regulations of each and every state before attempting to pursue interstate commerce. In addition, using the word “complete or balanced” on the label or in the advertising requires testing and approval. Without that testing and approval, the label might be considered misleading.

Some have expressed concern about the naming of this pet food and the confusion that might come about because of the name. Personally I think that is for the Wombaroo company, and maybe their US distributors to handle... According to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), "A trademark is a word, phrase, symbol or design, or a combination of words, phrases, symbols or designs, that identifies and distinguishes the source of the goods of one party from those of others." I am not a lawyer but in my opinion the Wombaroo company might have grounds if they choose to pursue it.

There has also been some questions about the testing and research. From my understanding, the results belong to the company or the person that paid for the research. They can take those results and publish the parts that they want published. Therefore if the results said something like

1. improved coat
2. no change in teeth
3. Eyes are bright and clear
4. some bone deterioration was noted.

Yes I made that up. But obviously the company or person would select #1 and to promote and ignore the rest. And it is their right to do so because that information belongs the them.

I didn't write this to cause problems for Peggy. I wrote this because there has been a lot of speculation and misinformation in this post. Actually I hope Peggy is successful in this venture and I would love to see an easy to use nutritional product to feed sugar gliders.

Gonna go beat some life into that living impaired horse now and ride off into the sunset.

Last edited by hushpuppy; 03/03/11 12:46 PM.

Anita Rae
StealthWheels, MagnumWheels and more at Atticworx

Play with us on Facebook

Re: HOLY CRACKERS AMERICAN HPW's [Re: Trigger] #1080283
03/03/11 01:17 PM
03/03/11 01:17 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
They have the right to question, but does she have to answer? No. Just like Priscilla does not have to answer when asked about her vitamins.

This means if you dont like the answer take your money and go somewhere else. (Not being rude but this is EXACTLY what I do with some products)

Testing is important. She has stated she can NOT give the results right now but WILL when they are available. If you want to wait till the results are out to purchase the food. That is your choice.

I have never seen a manufacture state its name and address. What law is this? And is it a federal law or state law?

For something to be trademarked, dont you have to have it trademarked first? Why would an Australian company have something trademarked in the USA?

Researchers can not give you half answers to their research. However they can construe it to a way that is beneficial for them or whoever paid for it. Then it is up to you to read the research properly. If you are so interested in what the research states, make sure you know how to READ the information given accordingly.

Last edited by MizValorie; 03/03/11 02:18 PM. Reason: bad language

RIP Mary Kate
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 374 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,569 TEXAS
679,073 OHIO
487,151 OKLAHOMA
432,154 UTAH
321,673 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024