Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
pouch protective pouch #1106741
04/29/11 01:08 PM
04/29/11 01:08 PM
usa
T
tournesoul Offline OP
Glider Guardian
tournesoul  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
T

usa
HI. It has been recommended that I get my boys environment opened up ie get some more open pouches etc... I see that there is a special pouch on The Pampered Pouch site that is made out of persian lamb and denim. This is the first I have heard of something not being fleece... Does anyone know the reasoning behind this?I am going to call Karen and speak with her but I would love to hear some testimonials if anyone has them smile OR Can I just get a more open/ less deep pouch?

This make shift situation I am doing now isnt ideal though they are already getting SO much better!! YAY! smile smile smile

Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: tournesoul] #1106751
04/29/11 01:33 PM
04/29/11 01:33 PM
Seattle, Washginton, USA
victoriarose1982 Offline
Glider Slave
victoriarose1982  Offline
Glider Slave

Seattle, Washginton, USA
Hi Lindsay. Glider stuff can be made out of Denim, cotton, flannel, and fleece. I use cotton, flannel, and fleece. You can also always contact the person on GC and find out why she has chosen to use those materials. That would probably be the best way to go.

Rachel
Home to now 13 lovely greys!2 mos, and 1 plat mo.:grey: Link, Zelda, Coffee, Crash, Sif, Lily, Thor, Loki, Damiana, Sammy, and Pollux :plat:
and a loving husband

Glide free Hope, Cayden, and Zoey

victoriarose1982@yahoo.com
http://sugarcombs.webs.com/
http://www.sugargliderads.com/
Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: tournesoul] #1106769
04/29/11 02:07 PM
04/29/11 02:07 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

The pouches you are talking about have been safety tested by many members and their gliders for a long time, including ME! laugh LOL They are perfectly safe as far as material and construction go, and as far as *I* am concerned, the concept is amazing!

One thing I would like to suggest, if you are going to use that pouch you need to get in contact with Bourbon, or someone else who is knowledgeable in this area. The pouch itself is a marvel, but without the proper steps, the glider can't get the full benefit of it.

Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: tournesoul] #1106872
04/29/11 07:51 PM
04/29/11 07:51 PM
Central Illinois
SugarCrazy Offline
Glider Lover
SugarCrazy  Offline
Glider Lover

Central Illinois
I totally agree with Robin. I don't know why the pouch is made with the materials it is BUT I do know it is a GREAT pouch. Elena helped me learn how to help my Mo with this pouch. Bourbon is definitely the person to talk to. Mo has made a wonderful change with the help of this pouch. I don't think he will ever be comfortable in a regular pouch again.

Tracy
Married to my best friend for 24 years
We have 5 skin kids, 2 with spouses, 4 PERFECT GrandSkins
Owned by 2 cats
Playmate to 5 dogs
Slave to 16 suggies + joeys now and then
www.garlandfunnyfarm.weebly.com
Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: tournesoul] #1106897
04/29/11 09:28 PM
04/29/11 09:28 PM
Kilgore, Texas
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis
Cora  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kilgore, Texas
i have 2 of these pouches, never been used.

USDA Licensed Breeder
903-808-1142

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm
Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: ] #1106904
04/29/11 09:57 PM
04/29/11 09:57 PM
usa
T
tournesoul Offline OP
Glider Guardian
tournesoul  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
T

usa
Originally Posted By: BelladonnasMom
The pouches you are talking about have been safety tested by many members and their gliders for a long time, including ME! laugh LOL They are perfectly safe as far as material and construction go, and as far as *I* am concerned, the concept is amazing!

One thing I would like to suggest, if you are going to use that pouch you need to get in contact with Bourbon, or someone else who is knowledgeable in this area. The pouch itself is a marvel, but without the proper steps, the glider can't get the full benefit of it.

Hi. Thanks. Its Bourbon that suggested it smile

Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: tournesoul] #1106922
04/29/11 10:34 PM
04/29/11 10:34 PM
conway south carolina/ us
heidi Offline
Glider Slave
heidi  Offline
Glider Slave

conway south carolina/ us
krys kritter has a pouch that opens for pouch protecters

"promise me you'll always remeber:you're braver than you believe,and stronger than you seem,and smarter than you think" christopher robin to pooh
Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: tournesoul] #1106962
04/30/11 12:07 AM
04/30/11 12:07 AM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: tournesoul
Originally Posted By: BelladonnasMom

Hi. Thanks. Its Bourbon that suggested it smile

Bourbon is awesome! She has helped so many of us that had gliders that we were so close to resigning to never being able to love properly because they were scared of the world. Donna was so loud and aggressive before I worked with her and a pouch protective pouch. She is by no means a love bug, but I can get my hands on her now and I don't think I have heard her crab once since day 1 with that pouch!

Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: tournesoul] #1106967
04/30/11 12:31 AM
04/30/11 12:31 AM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

The pouch protective pouch is made with these materials for a reason, I am sure. Honestly, I never thought to ask Karen or Bourbon the why's of it. I think denim pouches in general are more durable, since they are recommended for chewers. If I had to guess, I would say that since this is a therapy pouch you need it to last longer as it is going to get more cage use during the initial phases of trust-building that you are trying to create, and more than likely, you aren't going to be taking it in and out of the cage to wash as often as regular sleeping pouch. Just a guess of it, having dealt with pouch protectors before. No one specifically told me to, I just didn't change anything in their cage I didn't absolutely have to so as to keep stress levels down.

If you can't get ahold of a pouch from the Pampered Glider, or are waiting for one in the mail, there are things you can use in the mean time. Folded hammocks are awesome for this, shallower pouches, I have one of eterrell's toyboxes with the top canvas removed, I've sewn a couple pouches myself that are similar to Karen's but out of fleece only. The key to it is to make sure the glider can see you at all times, that they are not hiding or burrowing, and it needs to have "escapes" all over it, not just one opening.

Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: heidi] #1106987
04/30/11 02:45 AM
04/30/11 02:45 AM
usa
T
tournesoul Offline OP
Glider Guardian
tournesoul  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
T

usa
Originally Posted By: heidi
krys kritter has a pouch that opens for pouch protecters

Thanks Heidi! I will check it out!! I sent an email to Karen at Pampered Glider as well.

I am also curious, once I start using this kind of open pouch, I probably wont ever go back to a regular one, right? or is that a subjective thing?

Right now they are in a regular bonding pouch. Unfortunately! But they had their nails done today (at the vet) and that is what they got to go back into.

This (next) is another side note to that, and most likely should be another topic but I am afraid of the answers I am going to get...

So, I will go ahead and ask here ~ NO, no I wont. Im a big girl. I will take it to the bonding section which is where I originally started this one basically b/c it IS a bonding issue as well as a housing one... If I could just bond with them... I wouldnt have to worry about the pouch so much. I think. Right? smile frown smile

Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: ] #1106988
04/30/11 02:56 AM
04/30/11 02:56 AM
usa
T
tournesoul Offline OP
Glider Guardian
tournesoul  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
T

usa
Originally Posted By: lovely1inred
The pouch protective pouch is made with these materials for a reason, I am sure. Honestly, I never thought to ask Karen or Bourbon the why's of it. I think denim pouches in general are more durable, since they are recommended for chewers. If I had to guess, I would say that since this is a therapy pouch you need it to last longer as it is going to get more cage use during the initial phases of trust-building that you are trying to create, and more than likely, you aren't going to be taking it in and out of the cage to wash as often as regular sleeping pouch. Just a guess of it, having dealt with pouch protectors before. No one specifically told me to, I just didn't change anything in their cage I didn't absolutely have to so as to keep stress levels down.

If you can't get ahold of a pouch from the Pampered Glider, or are waiting for one in the mail, there are things you can use in the mean time. Folded hammocks are awesome for this, shallower pouches, I have one of eterrell's toyboxes with the top canvas removed, I've sewn a couple pouches myself that are similar to Karen's but out of fleece only. The key to it is to make sure the glider can see you at all times, that they are not hiding or burrowing, and it needs to have "escapes" all over it, not just one opening.

Thanks Lovely~ I think you are right about the materials... I just always have SO much to ask Bourbon... I am writing it all down and sometimes I forget to ask something. I hate to keep calling all the time. LOL. Shes been very good about it though. smile

I have tried some make shift things... A pouch sort of inverted on itself worked for a day but doesnt any longer. They get in it upside down. Though they are hiding. I dont have to worry about Aristotle! Lets just say that. So its Playdough thats the scaredy cat. I have actually seen the terror in his eyes. That seems to have actually gone away. Phew! Thank god, No. Thank Bourbon smile But I tried to hang a corner hammock the way Bourbon told me to. I tried to hang a regular hammock the way it was shown in one of these threads, in sort of a V shape, and I have tried just putting a piece of fleece in a plastic basket thing ~ He really has got so much better but I need to get something that will work for good that I am not constantly trying to fix... and like you said, that will probably STAy in there... at least for a while.

Do I ever use regular pouches again?

I have no problem getting some new pouches. Only I JUST got these... They havent even been washed yet frown

Last edited by tournesoul; 04/30/11 02:59 AM.
Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: ] #1106991
04/30/11 03:06 AM
04/30/11 03:06 AM
usa
T
tournesoul Offline OP
Glider Guardian
tournesoul  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
T

usa
ng dealt with pouch protectors before. No one specifically told me to, I just didn't change anything in their cage I didn't absolutely have to so as to keep stress levels down.

If you can't get ahold of a pouch from the Pampered Glider, or are waiting for one in the mail, there are things you can use in the mean time. Folded hammocks are awesome for this, shallower pouches, I have one of eterrell's toyboxes with the top canvas removed, I've sewn a couple pouches myself that are similar to Karen's but out of fleece only. The key to it is to make sure the glider can see you at all times, that they are not hiding or burrowing

, and it needs to have "escapes" all over it, not just one opening.

Eterrells toyboxes? Is that a users name? or a brand?

Nobody mentioned the "escapes" but that would make sense.

I am going to start a new thread on something that this has inspired. Actually I was thinking it the other day but now, here I am. smile

I am not sure where it will go... and actually it is going to wait til the morning... sleep time! Im only up b/c I fell asleep with my book and an open bottle of water! Agh! Nothing like some nice cold water to wake you up! frown

Sweet dreams all! And thanks for the advice! Keep it coming smile

Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: tournesoul] #1107199
04/30/11 11:04 PM
04/30/11 11:04 PM

L
lovely1inred
Unregistered
lovely1inred
Unregistered
L

Eterrell is a username, if you email me at lovely1inred@gmail.com I can send you some pics of her work.

I have gotten my pouch protectors back into regular cage pouches, but, it is a gradual thing and not something to rush. Some pouch protectors will never take to a regular cage pouch again either, so, just be prepared for that. Now to go hunt down your other thread....

Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: Cora] #1107201
04/30/11 11:07 PM
04/30/11 11:07 PM
Kilgore, Texas
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis
Cora  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kilgore, Texas
Originally Posted By: Cora
i have 2 of these pouches, never been used.

It was brought to my attention today I did get my point across right as usual! smile I am willing to sell these pouches for cheap and am in PM with the poster. These pouches are awesome for the gliders they are intended for. smile

USDA Licensed Breeder
903-808-1142

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm
Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: ] #1107228
04/30/11 11:41 PM
04/30/11 11:41 PM
usa
T
tournesoul Offline OP
Glider Guardian
tournesoul  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
T

usa
Eterrell is a username, if you email me at lovely1inred@gmail.com I can send you some pics of her work.

I have gotten my pouch protectors back into regular cage pouches, but, it is a gradual thing and not something to rush. Some pouch protectors will never take to a regular cage pouch again either, so, just be prepared for that. Now to go hunt down your other thread....

Jessica, Will do and btw, I never did get that thread posted... I was afraid of being repetitious and just didnt have time this am. Its not a big deal, really. It is just something for new people... And I am trying to figure out how to word it and if it is necessary... LOL.

Re: pouch protective pouch [Re: ] #1108053
05/02/11 10:30 PM
05/02/11 10:30 PM
usa
T
tournesoul Offline OP
Glider Guardian
tournesoul  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
T

usa

I did talk to Bourbon again about these pouches. She said they chose the material b/c it was less "diggable" ~ my word, and held up better in both form and in its longevity of less laundering/removal from the cage. So, its comfy, it lasts and its open so they arent hiding.

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 423 guests, and 80 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,580 TEXAS
679,079 OHIO
487,161 OKLAHOMA
432,164 UTAH
321,690 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024