Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Priscilla Price Diet Plan #1351378
08/20/13 05:15 PM
08/20/13 05:15 PM
Austin, TX
Dayton Gliders Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Dayton Gliders  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Austin, TX
Recipe For : The Pet Glider Fresh Diet
This recipe is enough for 2 gliders for 30 days

Note to those currently on The Pet Glider Exotic diet:
We have not changed our base recipe. The following recipe is formulated with two gliders in mind.

You can continue to prepare it the way you always have, do not let this confuse you!

Notes to the beginner chef and the seasoned cook:
Nutritional variety is important for healthy, happy sugar gliders. We recommend that you try making several versions of this recipe (changing the fruits, veggies and protein) at one time so you can feed your gliders a variety during the month. However, if time does not allow for this, be sure you change up your recipe on a monthly basis and give them a variety of healthy treats.

Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces / 1 cup, Fresh or Frozen Fruit, At least 4 different types, Not Canned. Either finely chop or use a food processor.
    Favorites include: oranges, papayas, tangerines, pineapples, mangos, cantaloupes, bananas, kiwi, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and cherries that have been pitted. If you peel a fruit before you eat it, then peel it for your sugar glider.
    DO NOT FEED RHUBARB.
  • 8 ounces / 1 cup, Fresh or Frozen Vegetables, At least 4 different types, Not Canned, Either finely chop or use a food processor.
    Vegetables – fresh or frozen – not canned. When using frozen vegetables, get regular mixes (no sauces or Asian flavoring). Favorites include: sweet potatoes, kale, collards, green beans, , beets, peas, lima beans, carrots, jicama, bok choy, squash, red bell pepper and snow peas. Small amounts of corn are ok but be very careful. Corn is high in phosphorus and it is fattening and of course sugar gliders love corn so they will always eat that first. Small amounts of broccoli and cauliflower are ok, but overdoing produces excess gas in the sugar glider and that makes them very grumpy.
    DO NOT FEED GARLIC, LEEKS OR ONIONS OF ANY KIND.
  • 6 ounces, Plain (full fat) Yogurt – No Artificial Sweeteners, Such as Stoneyfield Farm or Dannon
  • 3 ounces, Calcium Fortified Orange Juice Concentrate You can substitute regular orange juice if you are unable to find one that is calcium fortified.
  • 2-3 ounces, Uncooked oatmeal, Use five minute regular oats, not the quick cooking kind. The oatmeal is nutritious and thickens your mix. More or less will be needed depending on the water generated by your fruits and vegetables
  • 32 ounces / 4 cups, Applesauce, Unsweetened is best
  • 6 ounces, Protein. Protein – Favorites include cooked chicken, ground turkey and eggs. You can boil, broil or roast the chicken, pan cook the ground turkey using extra virgin olive oil and scramble the eggs. We do not recommend you give your sugar gliders pork or beef because of the high fat content and once again, fat gliders are not happy and health.
    1 tablespoon Ground flax seed or wheat germ (Optional) This is optional if you are using fresh fruits and vegetables.

Directions:

1. Finely chop your fruits and vegetables. We recommend using a food processor. If you do not have one, make sure you chop your fruits and vegetables into small pieces. Remember the size of the animal you are preparing food for.

2. Cook your protein – chicken, turkey, or eggs.

3. In a large bowl, put all ingredients except the oatmeal and stir vigerously. You want to make sure all ingredients have been incorporated and mixed thoroughly.

4. Depending on the thickness of your mix, add oatmeal. You do not want a runny or too thick of a mix, but one that has the consistency of a cake mix.

5. You will want to divide the mixture in smaller containers to freeze. Here are some recommendations.

a. Use ice cube trays. Measure two tablespoons of the mixture into the individual ice cube holes. After they have frozen, you can pop them out, put them in a freezer bag, then into a plastic freezer container and take out to thaw on a daily basis to feed your babies. You also have the option to feed the portions frozen because they do thaw quickly.

b. Or you can divide your mixture into 10 smaller containers and freeze. Each container will last 2 gliders for 3 days. You would not want to divide your mixture into larger containers because you want the mixture to be fresh. You do not want the mixture to be in the refrigerator longer than 3 days.

6. Sprinkle your multi-vitamin with calcium on top of the food your serve each day. Use 1/8th teaspoon of vitamins per sugar glider. Always keep your multi-vitamins with calcium powder in the refrigerator, but do not freeze.

This content was distributed, with permission, from The Pet Glider. | With any questions please contact Priscilla at The Pet Glider here: thepetglider@thepetglider.com

Reggie
The Colony Adventures
Glider Enthusiast + Retired Vendor

:blah:

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language."

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1351379
08/20/13 05:16 PM
08/20/13 05:16 PM
Austin, TX
Dayton Gliders Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Dayton Gliders  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Austin, TX
I haven't seen anyone post this diet plan up yet, and thought people would like to find it here. I distributed with permission from The Pet Glider.

Reggie
The Colony Adventures
Glider Enthusiast + Retired Vendor

:blah:

"An animal's eyes have the power to speak a great language."

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1355180
10/10/13 01:16 PM
10/10/13 01:16 PM
Vero Beach, Florida
G
gliderstwo Offline
In Pouch
gliderstwo  Offline
In Pouch
G

Vero Beach, Florida
I read this diet over and would like to know if this is all you feed them. My gliders will not eat any of the HPW's any more so I need to change their diet, but noticed there is no liquid staple to this diet. Is that why you need to add the vit/cal. to the food? They have no problem eating fruits or veggies so I thought this might be a better way to go. Any input would help.

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1355186
10/10/13 02:29 PM
10/10/13 02:29 PM
Central Connecticut
BCChins Offline
Glider Addict
BCChins  Offline
Glider Addict

Central Connecticut
When you feed this diet you need to purchase the vitamins from The Pet Glider. they make up a special vitamin's to go with this diet. I have fed this diet and glider's usually like it, just be sure to get the vitamins they last 2 gliders a long time. I think they have a 6 month pack and a year pack of them. Just remember to make one batch up and then divide it into 2-4 portions and add different fruits and veggies to each one. This way they get a good variety. YOu can use any combination from the above or other fruits and veggies that your gliders like. Try Leeches, Star Fruit, carrots and so on. Variety is great!

Here is the link to the vitamins: http://www.thepetglider.com/sugar-glider-nutrition/category.html

Last edited by BCChins; 10/10/13 02:33 PM.

Have a Good Day
Brenda &
Mr. Magoo

Friendly Reminder please have an e-collar ready before you need it......
Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: gliderstwo] #1355187
10/10/13 02:47 PM
10/10/13 02:47 PM
Long Island, NY
yiyo Offline
Serious Glideritis
yiyo  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Long Island, NY
Originally Posted By: gliderstwo
I read this diet over and would like to know if this is all you feed them. My gliders will not eat any of the HPW's any more so I need to change their diet, but noticed there is no liquid staple to this diet. Is that why you need to add the vit/cal. to the food? They have no problem eating fruits or veggies so I thought this might be a better way to go. Any input would help.

I don't want to get too far off the Priscilla Price diet topic but you may also want to check out the Australian Wombaroo diet. You just pour a little bit of the staple on the fruits and veggies so it may work for you. You can read about it HERE . If you have any questions about it, feel free to PM me.

Last edited by yiyo; 10/10/13 02:48 PM.

Alyssa

"Moving on is a simple thing, what it leaves behind is hard."
Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1355189
10/10/13 04:40 PM
10/10/13 04:40 PM
Vero Beach, Florida
G
gliderstwo Offline
In Pouch
gliderstwo  Offline
In Pouch
G

Vero Beach, Florida
I will PM you as I have some questions about Australian diet as well. Thank you

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1355198
10/10/13 06:59 PM
10/10/13 06:59 PM
Arcadia, Florida USA
M
mypreciousbabies Offline
Glider Explorer
mypreciousbabies  Offline
Glider Explorer
M

Arcadia, Florida USA
I have fed this diet since January, my gliders eat it and I love making it! It's nice to be able to get everything you need at the grocery store, minus the vitamins.

Kimberly Mama to
2-adult children
:grey: Ipsy Doodle & :grey: Mowgli
:grey: Sarah Rose & :grey: Rachel Josephine, Twins
RESCUES:Toy Poodle: Precious, Chihuahua:Bella
Cats:MaryAnn, Ginger,Marchello
Cichlids & goldfish pond
:rbridge: Matilda Jane
Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: gliderstwo] #1355216
10/11/13 01:51 AM
10/11/13 01:51 AM
Maryland, my Maryland.
E
EJB17 Offline
Glider Lover
EJB17  Offline
Glider Lover
E

Maryland, my Maryland.
Originally Posted By: gliderstwo

This recipe IS the "liquid staple" - its just not as liquid as the HPW Complete type of deal, more like a cake batter (thicker or runnier depending upon how much oatmeal you add). When I am feeding this - and most people I know who feed this diet - omit the fruits and veggies and just mix the staple portion and provide fresh veggies on the side rather than mixing them right into the frozen cubes. That little "on the side" variation was how the diet was written a while back but she has since just made it all into one "recipe" I think to attract more people to the diet to make it seem like the closest option to a one step meal for these guys. I love this diet, but still always prefer to feed my guys the fruits and veggies separate from the cubes so they get some variety smile

Emily
Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: EJB17] #1355223
10/11/13 09:03 AM
10/11/13 09:03 AM
Pearland, Tx
T
Terri1967 Offline
Terri1967  Offline
T

Pearland, Tx
Can you separate the fruits and veggies from this? My gliders are currently on this diet (and they love it), but sometimes I think they would like to each pieces of the fruit and vegetables.

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1355262
10/11/13 09:54 PM
10/11/13 09:54 PM
Maryland, my Maryland.
E
EJB17 Offline
Glider Lover
EJB17  Offline
Glider Lover
E

Maryland, my Maryland.
Terri read my comment above - you can and I think most people do. The diet used to be written that way anyway.

Emily
Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1355273
10/12/13 01:12 AM
10/12/13 01:12 AM
Olathe, Kansas
toots1973 Offline
Joey Member
toots1973  Offline
Joey Member

Olathe, Kansas
Terri I feed this diet and my monkeys love it. I used to feed HPW complete, but they seemed to lose interest I think. I mix my fruits and veggies in, but I also give them a few pieces of a fruit or veggie each night on the side so they have something separate. I also cut the fruits and veggies for the mix a little bigger so they can still grab and run if they want.

April
Mommy of 5 skin babies

:wfb: Rory :grey: Amy
aka Lord and Lady Fuzzbutt
Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1355286
10/12/13 08:37 AM
10/12/13 08:37 AM
Pearland, Tx
T
Terri1967 Offline
Terri1967  Offline
T

Pearland, Tx
Thanks April, I used to feed the Original HPW and they didn't like it so when I got my male from the Pet Glider, I switched to the Priscilla Price diet and they love it. think I will add in a couple of bigger pieces of fruit and veggies and see how that goes.

Thanks

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1358085
11/21/13 12:55 PM
11/21/13 12:55 PM
Virginia
H
hawkicls2003 Offline
hawkicls2003  Offline
H

Virginia
I have a question about the below. I'm getting my first glider and was making the diet. I bought the liquid form of Flax seed because I was going to go with another diet that was very similar and then felt like this one was easier for me to understand as well as the variety. Can I just substitute the ground flex seed with the flax seed oil and use the same portion (1 tablespoon)?

1 tablespoon Ground flax seed or wheat germ (Optional) This is optional if you are using fresh fruits and vegetables.

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1358131
11/21/13 06:17 PM
11/21/13 06:17 PM
St. Louis MO
edenmalfoy Offline
Glider Explorer
edenmalfoy  Offline
Glider Explorer

St. Louis MO
I really like the ease of the HPW Complete and my boys eat it up like pigs and seem to be doing well on it but this sounds like it would be a fun treat....could it be used that way omitting the vitamins? Or would they end up with too much vitamin C or something similar?

Proud mommy to :wfb: Lonny and :plat: Lenny
Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1358133
11/21/13 06:39 PM
11/21/13 06:39 PM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
hawkicls2003:

I think using the same amount of the liquid flax seed (is it flax seed oil?) might be too much. You probably should contact Priscilla to find out how much you should use to substitute for the ground flax seed. The ground seed also provides fiber to the mixture that the oil would not.

edenmalfoy:

If you are feeding HPW Complete as your staple, you probably would not want to mix an entire batch of Priscilla's Fresh diet just to use as treats.

If you are going to make a batch it would be the full meal - staple, fruits and vegetables for 2 gliders for a full month - and you would need the vitamins to go with it if you are using this feeding plan daily.

I would not want to store this mixture much over 30 days frozen because the previously fresh vegetables begin to loose quality if kept too long in the freezer - which using this only once in a while as an alternate dinner - might end up being several months before you used the whole batch.

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Sassy, Corky, Mehitabel & Missy
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot
Mindy, Kanobles, Elmo, & Chipper

http://www.gliderkids-diet.com

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1358134
11/21/13 06:42 PM
11/21/13 06:42 PM
St. Louis MO
edenmalfoy Offline
Glider Explorer
edenmalfoy  Offline
Glider Explorer

St. Louis MO
Even though they eat like pigs I worry that they'll get bored of their food (I know I would if I had to eat the same thing every day) if I wanted to switch to this for a month or two would that be ok and then go back to HPW or is it best not to change their foods that drastically?

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: edenmalfoy] #1358136
11/21/13 06:50 PM
11/21/13 06:50 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Online /gc/lgc
Owner
KarenE  Online /Gc/Lgc
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted By: edenmalfoy
Even though they eat like pigs I worry that they'll get bored of their food (I know I would if I had to eat the same thing every day) if I wanted to switch to this for a month or two would that be ok and then go back to HPW or is it best not to change their foods that drastically?

Some gliders are pickier than others. Those of us who have struggled with picky gliders are so jealous you have gliders that eat so well. We are just plain jealous of anyone who has gliders that take to a diet plan without any fuss.

If I were you, I would not make any changes until it is absolutely necessary.

Many members have had their gliders on the same diet plan for a very long time.

Remember the old saying ... If it ain't broke, why fix it rofl

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1358154
11/21/13 10:35 PM
11/21/13 10:35 PM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
If you wanted to try this diet for a month, that is up to you, but you would need to purchase the vitamins from Priscilla's web site to go with the diet. The vitamins are necessary because they contain the calcium your glider needs in addition to the vitamins.

If your gliders are eating the HPW Complete well, you can vary that up by offering different vegetables and fruits each night.

Many of us have a 'junk food' night now and then and feed plain scrambled eggs or cooked chicken in place of the usual staple with the fruits and vegetables. You don't need a completely different staple to do that now and then.

Many gliders will be getting a full Thanksgiving Feast this week I am sure. Mine will get baked sweet potato, a little cranberry sauce and turkey necks with their dinner that night.

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot

CandyOtte@aol.com
Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1358166
11/22/13 11:05 AM
11/22/13 11:05 AM
Virginia
H
hawkicls2003 Offline
hawkicls2003  Offline
H

Virginia
Thank you for your help, I will contact Priscilla.

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: CandyOtte] #1358171
11/22/13 12:50 PM
11/22/13 12:50 PM
St. Louis MO
edenmalfoy Offline
Glider Explorer
edenmalfoy  Offline
Glider Explorer

St. Louis MO
Originally Posted By: KarenE
Originally Posted By: edenmalfoy

Some gliders are pickier than others. Those of us who have struggled with picky gliders are so jealous you have gliders that eat so well. We are just plain jealous of anyone who has gliders that take to a diet plan without any fuss.

If I were you, I would not make any changes until it is absolutely necessary.

Many members have had their gliders on the same diet plan for a very long time.

Remember the old saying ... If it ain't broke, why fix it rofl

I'm quickly coming to the realization that I have the best sugar gliders to ever live. I'm so spoiled by them, they're my first and they're (for the most part) perfect angels. They eat well, they sit and let me hold their hand (with minimal fuss) while munching a meal worm during nail clippings...blessed.

Originally Posted By: CandyOtte
Many gliders will be getting a full Thanksgiving Feast this week I am sure. Mine will get baked sweet potato, a little cranberry sauce and turkey necks with their dinner that night.

Turkey neck? Like the meat or bones and all??

Last edited by GliderNursery; 11/22/13 03:24 PM. Reason: fixed code

Re: The Priscilla Price Diet Plan [Re: Dayton Gliders] #1358216
11/22/13 05:46 PM
11/22/13 05:46 PM
Lutz Florida
CandyOtte Offline
Serious Glideritis
CandyOtte  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Lutz Florida
Yep, I boil the turkey necks until very tender - no salt or thing else added to the water. I then pull off parts of the meat that is easily removed, which along with the broth, goes into my stuffing and turkey gravy.

The gliders get all of the remaining meat and the bones for their thanksgiving dinner. They strip all the meat off the bones and then play with the bones all night long.

Candy Otte
& the Glider Kids
Wacco, Yacco, & Dot

CandyOtte@aol.com

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 354 guests, and 81 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,570 TEXAS
679,074 OHIO
487,153 OKLAHOMA
432,157 UTAH
321,675 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024