Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
animalsanctuary/sugarshock/sugarshock911 #1226753
02/08/12 10:35 PM
02/08/12 10:35 PM
here
lil'_GC Offline OP
Owner
lil'_GC  Offline OP
Owner

here
For the safety of our members we feel that anyone who wishes to deal with her should be very cautious. We have documented proof to support this alert and you will see some of that as well as statements from members involved below.

Lauren Elizabeth AKA animalsanctuary/sugarshock/sugarshock911 was banned several years ago from GC. She has been caught multiple times reregistering here as well. The owners decided on 1/5/12 to reconsider her request for reinstament with the argument that she has matured and apologized for what she done in the past on GC and that will no longer be an issue.

Back around the first of the month we received a complaint about sugarshock, and than we recieved a few more. We have emails and screen shots of all of this. We were aware of the situation, especially knowing that Megan backed out of the deal with her. On Feb 6 I recieved a nasty review at SGH against Megan. As always we review nasty reviews to be sure they are legit and not done out of spite. Fully knowing the situation in regards to Megan and Laren I knew this was a false review and confronted her via pm here at GC about it. These are the pm's between us and Lauren

Originally Posted By: gliderdad79
Hi Lauren,

This pm is to open the lines of communication, there will be more pm's to follow later in the day. You may be unaware that the emails between you and (removed for privacy), as well as the emails you had with Megan have been sent to us.

I am not sure why it doesn't surprise me to wake this am to see you left a review over at SGH for Megan calling her a scammer when in fact it is you that is a scammer.

Quote:

Rating: 1
Subject: Great Customer Service?? I Think Not!
By Line: I took my business to Sugar Exotics because I had seen all of their beautiful Gliders, and they had great lineage! But the customer service?? You can't run a business like that.
Contents: I came to Megan of Sugar Exotics in December, and out a deposit down on a Mosaic that she had AVAILABLE to go with my Willow, she doesn't ship but she promised to help arrange a railroad. A month and a half later, I had spent all of MY time arranging that railroad, and she continually complained about how SHE wasn't comfortable with this person or that person - it falls as her responsibility to get my Glider to me. I waited until he was 13 weeks old, and still no Glider. She decided to back out of our deal, and KEPT my $600.00 payment that I had given her, promising to ONLY give it back IF the Glider is sold, which is unlikely now because he is older. That is NOT how you run a business, if YOU back out of a deal, YOU refund the money - immediately. It wasn't yours to keep, it was yours for a Glider...I never got. Sugar Exotics scammed me out of money, this is NOT someone I would ever do business with again! They wasted months of my time, and my little girl is still
mate less - I just hope you don't treat your Gliders like you treat your customers.

Since SGH is owned by GliderCENTRAL, you just may have made your biggest mistake by posting lies over at SGH. Later on this evening you will be notified by us to discuss your account her at GliderCENTRAL, as well as further actions to alert the community. We have the emails to prove your lies, this is what we get for giving you yet another chance?
Originally Posted By: SugarShock
ALL the emails? That can't be true, as I have emails from (removed for privacy) as well stating that she HAS not given me money and that she wants to WAIT until I have babies available. :-)
No, Im talking about the emails with your lies, Megan sending you back $250 cause you needed help, etc. That all contradictory to your story that she stole money from you, the lies you have told than tried to cover up. No worries, we will talk later
Do you wish to share your side of the story including why you lied in the review you left for Megan?
Originally Posted By: KarenE
You want to explain why you told one lady to expect part of her refund from Megan because she owed you money?

You want to explain why you used Megan's paypal address saying it belonged to your boyfriend?
I thought that since Deagol was coming home at the beginning of February, originally, I could collect "early deposits" from people to be put on a waiting list for his babies - and it would help to pay what I still owed Megan at that point. I did not realize the extent of the mistake I was making when I did this, much less, that it could be months before I actually had babies - I made a huge mistake, and I am now living with the consequences of it, as I owe money I do not have. I do admit claiming that Megan's PayPal address belonged to me, and I did this to try and cover up the lies I had already told, my boyfriend was uncomfortable having any more money sent to his actual PayPal and I panicked, so I was having people send money to her PayPal and stating it belonged to us - another huge mistake that I didn't really think through. I admit to lying, but I realize the mistakes I have made and am making a desperate attempt to pay everyone back because I really do feel terrible for what I had done.
Why would you leave such a negative review about Megan on the SGH if you are indeed trying to "fix" this mess you have created? Are you seriously going to try and tell us that is part of your plan to make things right?

Why would you pose as (name removed for privacy) to (xxxx) in order to get her to sell you a glider so you could then tell (name removed for privacy) you were selling this glider for you bff?
No, I am not going to tell you that was an attempt to make things right, because it wasn't. I was infuriated and frustrated when I wrote that review, I was upset that everything wasn't working how I planned, and I took it out on her, which I shouldn't have to begin with.

The situation with (name removed for privacy) was messed up in every way possible, and it only got worse when I tried to correct and cover up what I had already done wrong - I should have been open with them both from the beginning. I admit that was wrong, and I have apologized profusely to them both, as well as promised (name removed for privacy) that I would return her money as quickly as possible, I have returned $250.00 that I owed her, and the remaining money will be sent to her sometime this week, which I have explained to her.
I thought that since Deagol was coming home at the beginning of February, originally, I could collect "early deposits" from people to be put on a waiting list for his babies - and it would help to pay what I still owed Megan at that point. I did not realize the extent of the mistake I was making when I did this, much less, that it could be months before I actually had babies - I made a huge mistake, and I am now living with the consequences of it, as I owe money I do not have. I do admit claiming that Megan's PayPal address belonged to me, and I did this to try and cover up the lies I had already told, my boyfriend was uncomfortable having any more money sent to his actual PayPal and I panicked, so I was having people send money to her PayPal and stating it belonged to us - another huge mistake that I didn't really think through. I admit to lying, but I realize the mistakes I have made and am making a desperate attempt to pay everyone back because I really do feel terrible for what I had done.

You cannot be serious with that statement since you knew Deagol was not leaving Missouri until he was paid for in full. Meagan had made that clear.

On top of that, you know enough about gliders to know there is no way on earth to know when or even if this little joey and his mate might produce, what they might produce or if the offspring would survive.
Originally, I had taken deposits to cover his cost so he could come home in February, but when that didn't happen and I had to take money back , I again tried desperately to get the money to pay Megan back and still work out the railroad for Deagol.

The situation with {name removed for privacy) was messed up in every way possible, and it only got worse when I tried to correct and cover up what I had already done wrong - I should have been open with them both from the beginning. I admit that was wrong, and I have apologized profusely to them both, as well as promised (name removed for privacy) that I would return her money as quickly as possible, I have returned $250.00 that I owed her, and the remaining money will be sent to her sometime this week, which I have explained to her.

Actually, I believe what you told her was to expect the money from Megan, and that deadline has passed.

In addition to all this you did to (name removed for privacy) we have proof you told her you were a well know breeder on GliderCENTRAL and her money would be safe. Well, I suppose the part about your being well known was true, wasn't it?

"I" have assured (name removed for privacy) she will NOT be receiving any money from Megan as she too is just another one of your victims.

I believe we are done here, Lauren, except to remind you of our agreement per our e-mail when your ban was lifted which read as follows:

Quote:
Karen Harper
To nion39@bellsouth.net
Sent: Thu 1/05/12 1:44 PM
To: nion39@bellsouth.net
We have discussed your request at length and have come to the following decision.

Your ban will be lifted, HOWEVER, the first (and we do mean the very first) time the rules are not followed or we are notified of wrong doing on your part, your ban will be reinstated as permanent with no discussion of coming back.

In addition, you will have no access to our Classified Forums. In other words, you many NOT advertise on GliderCENTRAL, in the classifieds, in your signature, in your profile, through the PM system or in any post that suggests advertising.

You must come back as SugarShock with a working e-mail where you can be contacted. It does not have to show in your profile, but we must be able to contact you. The one you currently show in our database is
lestmc@bellsouth.net which is not the one you have used to contact me.

All other registrations will remain banned, and should we find that you try to register any other user names, you will be permanently banned.

Do you understand and agree to all these conditions.

KarenE, Owner
Quote:
Subject: Re: Registration On GliderCentral
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2012 14:24:25 -0500
To: karenelfrank@hotmail.com

Karen,
Thank you! I understand and agree to all of the conditions you have stated. I will be registering under the names "SugarShock" and my email address is SugarShock@hotmail.com :-) You can contact me through either email. That is my business email and all Glider related messages are forwarded there. I did have a quick question, I know that you said absolutely no advertising, and I am 100% okay with this and understand this. However, would this be an acceptable signature? I didn't know if it'd be considered advertising or not since there's no link or contact info? Thank you again!

I have NOT told her to expect money from Megan. I told her that I have requested a refund from Megan, and the money will be sent once I have received it. I also have told her that I have sold a pair of my Gliders, which is true, and that once they are paid for, I will have additional money.
The semantics of what you told her do not matter. We have all we need out of your own mouth here.

Let me just say I am not sorry for this permanent/forever ban but I am sorry that a 17 year old girl finds it necessary to lie and scheme as you do somehow thinking the truth will not come out eventually.

Remember, you can only blame yourself for whatever reputation you have in the glider community. You had a second chance and completely threw it away.

[font:Verdana]Do not ever contact us again for reinstatement. If you try to register again, we will contact your ISP as a spammer.

This is a first hand account from one of our members who first notified us with a complaint on 02/01/12, we do have copies of the emails.

Originally Posted By: Member wishes to remain anonymous(will be known as (name removed for privacy)

Lauren contacted me and said she had joey's due soon and would I like to adopt one. I am not sure how she knew I was looking, I did put an ad on hobbly.com before Christmas. I responded and she said she was on Glidercentral and was a known breeder on your website. The cost of the glider was 1200.00 and she required a 500.00 deposit which I payed through paypal.

About a week later she contacted me again and said her BEST friend (xxxx) had a glider available now, and was the same as the one I was adopting. A Crème-ino baby. The price was the same as her's so I said yes. (xxxx) sent me a Paypal request for 650.00 which I payed – that is the difference from the 500.00 deposit I gave Lauren which I assumed she would be giving to (xxxx).

I then discovered (xxxx)'s ad advertising the same baby for 650.00 – this is the baby Lauren said was 1200.00. So (xxxx) got 650.00 and Lauren pocketed the 500.00.

(xxxx) took the airline ticket and cost of the travel cage out of my 650.00 and refunded me $316.14 USD which was paid from (name removed for privacy) and this persons email differs to (xxxx)'s – the Paypal receipt says (removed for privacy)

And from there I have had several email's from Lauren stating the money will be there and of course it's not and then today her email talked about "recovering" money from a Megan.

Here is another first hand account from Megan

Originally Posted By: Meg_n_Von
Okay, here goes:

I was contacted at the end of December by Lauren who was interested in one of my mosaic joeys. We talked things over and everything seemed fine.

A couple days after she sent the deposit, I was contacted by someone in the glider community that said she was bad news. That's when I started forum hopping and seeing what all I could find out about her. What I found I definitely wasn't pleased with. I never knew Lauren had been in the glider community since she was 12 and had been breeding since then as well. I panicked and decided to back out of our arrangement.

During the next couple days, Lauren messaged me through Facebook saying that she understood and that she hopes my joeys finds a fantastic home and so on. That's when the guilt and remorse kicked in and I started feeling sorry for her. I had her call me so that we could talk one on one and discuss things, which we did. She told me over and over that she changed, has grown up and stopped breeding the rescued gliders that she had. She also told me all of her males were neutered except one, but he was to be neutered in less than a week. After that, I decided to give her a second chance because she was telling me everything that I wanted to hear and it gave me a sense of relief.

A week had passed and I was contacted by another person in the glider community that said Lauren was trying to sell an un-neutered male and female to someone. This was a big red flag to me, because I was told that her male would've been neutered a couple days before. That's when I decided to contact Lauren again and ask her personally. She started saying that she really wanted to get her male neutered, but didn't have the money at the time and was pushing it off for another week, but still had full intentions of getting him neutered as soon as possible. Again, she's told me what I wanted to hear and that there's was nothing she could do about it.

Everything went fine for the next couple weeks. She even managed to pay him off a week before the Friday Railroad was planned. Well Wednesday rolled around and I had a really long message from her about her horse being ill and that she needed to know if I could send some of the money back, $600 to be exact, and if she could hold off on getting the joey for a while. I had requested a Paypal check the day before, so I had very limited funds in my account and was only able to send $250 back. The email address that she told me to send the $250 to wasn't either of the addresses that she uses and this was extremely odd to me. After that, I started asking what the issue with her horse was. That's when she told me that her horse had to have Colic surgery and she needed at least $500 before the vet would do anything. I asked her how much the surgery was going to cost and she said $1500. That was yet another red flag as I have been around horses my entire life and know Colic surgery costs along the lines of $10,000 with at least $2,000 down. I brought this to her attention, but she just blew it off and tried to go around the question. She also said to let her know as soon as I could send more money. During all of this, I kind of had the feeling she was wanting to back out of our arrangement, but wasn't sure.

The next day, which was Thursday and the day before our Railroad started, she messaged me and said that she would probably have the $250 Friday or Saturday morning and that we could plan on still doing the Railroad if I was comfortable sending him to her without him being paid in full. I was visiting family at the time and didn't get in touch with her until Friday evening. I told her that I wouldn't be home until Saturday and that I was definitely not comfortable sending him home without him being paid in full.

Late Friday night I get a notification from Paypal saying that I received $250 for a joey deposit from a lady named, Ann. I knew that there had to be some kind of mix up, so I issued a refund and contacted Ann. That's when things really started to unravel. Apparently Ann had contacted Lauren about adopting a joey from her. Lauren told Ann that her WF glider had 2 joeys IP that should be ready at the end of March. Ann asked specifically for pictures of the parents of the joey that she would be adopting and that's when Lauren sent Ann a picture of her WF glider and MY mosaic joey that she didn't even have yet! Ann also mentioned that Lauren said she bred for WF, Standard, Black Beauty and I believe Mosaic and Leucistic and that she had lineage on all of her gliders. I knew that Lauren had NO breeding pairs and made that clear to Ann.

I was extremely upset after hearing that she was accepting deposits on joeys that she didn't have and wouldn't have more months! I contacted Lauren right away and confronted her. She tried to make things up and said that she was selling someone else's joeys to Ann. That's when I brought up the photos that she sent to Ann. Lauren just tried to say that Ann was asking for pictures of ALL of her gliders. I knew for a fact that she was lying because I had Ann's emails to prove it. I told Lauren that Ann did NOT ask for pictures of all her glider and that she specifically asked for a photo each of the parents of the joey she was going to adopt. When I asked Lauren why she kept lying and was taking deposits on joeys that she wasn't even close to having her response was this: "Because I NEED the money, and I'm stressed, I don't know."

Further info may be added at a later date.

Karen & Eddie
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: animalsanctuary/sugarshock/sugarshock911 [Re: lil'_GC] #1331189
03/05/13 12:30 PM
03/05/13 12:30 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Registered again today and banned as SugarShockGB

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: animalsanctuary/sugarshock/sugarshock911 [Re: KarenE] #1331647
03/07/13 10:49 AM
03/07/13 10:49 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Found in the registration que again today and banned as Sugar_ShockGB.

Sugar Glider Help

Re: animalsanctuary/sugarshock/sugarshock911 [Re: lil'_GC] #1369811
05/11/14 11:05 PM
05/11/14 11:05 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Registered again under the name Jeremy1975, banned again.

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching!
Re: animalsanctuary/sugarshock/sugarshock911 [Re: gliderdad79] #1380234
10/17/14 02:24 PM
10/17/14 02:24 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Please be aware Lauren Elizabeth has a new website and is actively breeding/selling.

Sugar Shock Gliders & Boutique

Sugar Glider Help

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,551 TEXAS
679,068 OHIO
487,134 OKLAHOMA
432,138 UTAH
321,663 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024