Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
My two Gliderbutts continued #1387820
03/17/15 03:06 PM
03/17/15 03:06 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
I learned last night that YES... the two boys know exactly what container their yogurt chips are in...seriously... it was instantaneous I move to pick it up (I left the door open juuuuust slightly since I was right there-watching) The instant the container was in my hand I had two Sugar gliders ontop of the closed lid...which obviously made it a bit difficult to open... so I tried to gently get them both at least onto my arms... no go...

So I made sure both were okay.. and tried to nudge the lid off- knowing full well that if I didnt GIVE them one... that this wouldnt end... unfortunately this attempt almost made Yuki fall off! The lid Slid off- Yuki with it- and while Kino was on my one arm- I used that one arm to quickly move to put under yuki so he didnt fall so far- Lucky monkey grabbed my arm with his back feet- and hung upside down and STILL had ahold of the lid!

Oh man... that was a close one- so once I helped yuki back upright- I moved to trade the lid for a treat and he leaped off- then Kino just dug his face into the bag..I asked him if he just wanted to get his own- but instead he removed his head and waited- so I fished out a treat for him and handed it to him.. He sat on me and ate it for a moment- then jumped away. and I closed the container and set it away....then left them to enjoy those treats. XD

Earlier today I brought the boys with me out to go to the thrift store Meltrotters. (I go there to find them new toys..and for something to do. Its a 5 minute walk and its right next to where I work.)

So first we made a stop at work (a small pizzaria) to say hi to my bosses and co worker. Chatted.. and I had the boys in their pouch zipped in my jacket so they didnt know I had them. (Not that it matters that much...) Maria my boss invited me to hang out in the back behind the counter and stuff and I said no since it is a food restaurant and I had the gliders with me.. (they're realllllllyy health department conscious) So I stayed out in the dining room with the boys contained... We started talking about them (I forget how the convo started) and a customer came in- wondering what we were talking about- so I ended up (At the nudge of my coworker becky... XD) opening the pouch and showing her the gliderbutts- and like usual they were wondering who the heck this person was (they seem to like meeting people actually..) The lady pet them and asked me questions about them... and I answered. then while we were talking someone else came in and wanted to meet them too- so they met two new people there! I eventually had to say goodbye though after those customers left and closed the pouch and continued to Meltrotters..

They like them there and always ask if I have "My babies" with me.. haha...So..its a nice day and I decided to go, bring the boys with me for a bonding exercise and see if I could find them some new toys. I went in and wandered around- Kino kept trying to get out to see what was going on-so I opened the top of the pouch so he could at least stick his head out...bad idea he tried to get out all the way...so I closed it again. I wandered all the way over to the baby toys to see what I could find and found this baby ball that had rotatable areas that clicked when you moved them... me doing so made the boys crab at me- I found this funny so I had to have it.

I brought it up to the counter- and the lady there noticed I had the boys and wanted to say hi- so of course I let her- she mentioned how big they were getting (I brought them in when I first got them about 3 months ago- they were lil babies then) and called over a different co worker to see them... so they got attention- Kino ended up climbing out of the pouch onto me- and crawled around me for a few moments- so I caught him while keeping yuki contained (as Yuki is the one I cant catch easily...hes my work in progress-and eventually got Kino back in the pouch just as someone else walked up.

Her first response? "Can I have it?"

I was like "Nooo you cant have it..." While laughing- then she asked what it even was... so I explained...she said hi wanted to steal them both... (I dont blame her!) then we parted ways and I promised to return again!

lol..

spoiled boys.. seriously.

Last edited by Feather; 03/17/15 05:24 PM. Reason: changed title-Feather

Mother to:
Yuki :leu: And Kino :grey:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1387826
03/17/15 04:42 PM
03/17/15 04:42 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Too cute! It's cool that they stayed with you while you were getting their treat!

I sat the package with yogis too close to the cage once, and while watching TV, out of the corner of my eye, I saw an arm reach out and grab it and tried to pull it through the bars...

I asked Dot what she was doing, and she pulled back, and sat on her hind legs, just giving me the pleeeeaaaase look. Too cute! I had to cave. I made sure I put it away after that.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1387827
03/17/15 04:48 PM
03/17/15 04:48 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
Lol! I can imagine that if the treats were next to the cage instead of under it that the boys would do the same thing...and of course you have to cave! they're too cute!

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1387837
03/18/15 12:14 AM
03/18/15 12:14 AM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
I just learned that that ball toy I picked up at the thrift store (the one they crabbed at when I clicked it) is a Kino calling device.. I was just messing around and turning the sections so they clicked.. and everytime I did I had a Kino immediately come see me.. seemingly make sure I was okay.. give me attention- And even a kiss on the lips-!

I might have to use this toy more often to extort love from my gliderbutt!

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1388048
03/22/15 04:35 PM
03/22/15 04:35 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
I really just wanted to announce that I got to watch Yuki try to tail carry an Orange juice mix Zip ring... and it was beyond adorable...!!!!

I've been setting milk rings on the edge of his pouch and watching him pull them in to sleep with... he has a stockpile... XD Its hilarious.

Last edited by Ittermat; 03/22/15 05:02 PM.

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1388049
03/22/15 05:20 PM
03/22/15 05:20 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
That's so funny, mine don't mess with beverage rings of any kind. I do however find a bracelet or two, and once three in their pouch, but only one kind of bracelet, and I don't have many of those nor have seen them since I got them a while ago.

The toy must alert your little Kino, how sweet.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1388051
03/22/15 05:27 PM
03/22/15 05:27 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
well Its Yuki who loves them... Kinos indifferent... Kinos favorite toy is the Bristle block throne I've put in there...He always messes with it and dismantles it pretty much every night...

Kino also really likes ribbons and strings... I can play with him with those for what seems like forever.

Yuki likes Milkrings and Rubber ducks..

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1388052
03/22/15 05:55 PM
03/22/15 05:55 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Mine love food

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1388054
03/22/15 06:04 PM
03/22/15 06:04 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
Lol Kino likes honey.. and yuki likes chicken.

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1388823
04/10/15 01:30 PM
04/10/15 01:30 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
I've been gone a while...I've been busy! nothing really of major note... just wanted to let you all know im still alive... I've been working on my websites...

I did end up getting the boys some branches for their cage... they need to be replaced but its been storming out- so I have to wait for it to QUIT raining first...then I'll get them some new ones...

Last night we lost power and I think the boys loved it...I did not...it was dark...and I had to use my phone to see anything- but they were running circles excitedly in their cage....

*Sigh* gliderbutts...

Kino also has started crabbing at me for being near them...I dunno why...maybe hes actually just callign me over? he stops when I reach in to pet them a moment... Silly boy..

Yuki hasnt bitten me! I bought him some rubber ducks that are the same size he is... he seems to love them... and he hasnt been biting. So thats a plus!

He is also still obsessed with Milk rings.

I will never know... haha...

Ah well..

Gliderbutts will be gliderbutts.

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1388834
04/10/15 09:06 PM
04/10/15 09:06 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Glad you are all alive and well!

I had placed a branch in my glider's cage (from my mom's Crape Myrtle). It laid on the floor of the cage for so long because I couldn't hang it properly. I was going to toss it when I did the "steam clean" of the cage and noticed that they had actually scraped a bit off the branch. I was glad to see that someone had shown some attention to it. I now have it propped securely in the cage using one of the cage shelves.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389290
04/23/15 10:28 PM
04/23/15 10:28 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
I need to get them some more branches... Yuki actually was basically Tearing the bark off... XD silly boy.

Actually I have an adorable story to tell about what happened last night- I went over to see the boys and visit with them for a bit- And like always Kino came over to see me to visit with me and get love and kisses, And to my surprised Yuki did too! at one point I had both of them hanging out on the same arm... (which for me is AMAZING since they did this all on their own and Yuki is usually standoffish.

Any way the cute part...(even though gliders are cute 100% of the time!) Yuki had bounced off- and Kino stayed on my arm...Anyway while I was giving love and stuff to Kino- Yuki reached out in his "im gonna bite you" way... to grab me to pull me over to nom on me.. (mind you this is NEVER done meanly...its just what he does) And Kino ran over and stopped him!

Kino protected me from yuki! it was adorable! and he kept stopping him...hahaha

My lil glider protector!

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389298
04/24/15 10:14 AM
04/24/15 10:14 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Awe, that is cute. I love reading others experiences with gliders behaviors as much as I enjoy witnessing them for myself. It sheds a lot of light on these lovable creatures.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389299
04/24/15 10:15 AM
04/24/15 10:15 AM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
They are definately interesting little bat monkeys thats for sure!

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389303
04/24/15 10:59 AM
04/24/15 10:59 AM
Longview, Texas
Kris_N_Zoe Offline
Glider Slave
Kris_N_Zoe  Offline
Glider Slave

Longview, Texas
Awww they're so Cute!!!! mlove

Pibble pup Jenson jump Glide free: Smoke (6/16/15) and Zoey (10/2/15) :rbridge:
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389321
04/25/15 03:07 PM
04/25/15 03:07 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
they are cute goobers for sure... We tried trimming their nails again today...

Jonathan got 5 more bites outta Yuki... and Kino decided he'd rather climb all over me, my face, our chair, our sliding door, and everything else rather than get those nails trimmed...So that was a fun adventure... Got it done.. but I get to go to work tonight with glider scratches up both arms...

haha...

My boss will not like that...

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389327
04/25/15 06:32 PM
04/25/15 06:32 PM
Longview, Texas
Kris_N_Zoe Offline
Glider Slave
Kris_N_Zoe  Offline
Glider Slave

Longview, Texas
And your arms are so small and thin he'll think you're self-harming... shock You better use some lotion and tea tree oil, heals it up 3X faster than just washing with soap and water.

Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389333
04/25/15 09:29 PM
04/25/15 09:29 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
Oh no... she knows exactly what its from. She just says it gives her the heebie jeebies cuz it looks like a rash XD

And im like yea well Rashes look MUCH different than gliderbutt pockmarks...

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389334
04/25/15 09:51 PM
04/25/15 09:51 PM
Longview, Texas
Kris_N_Zoe Offline
Glider Slave
Kris_N_Zoe  Offline
Glider Slave

Longview, Texas
Yeah, but get some witch hazel or some tea tree oil and it will make it look much better. Gets rid of the swelling and most of the itchiness and redness.

Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389337
04/25/15 10:15 PM
04/25/15 10:15 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
Okay I'll look into it..Thanks <3

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389643
05/05/15 02:03 PM
05/05/15 02:03 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
Well Last night was fun... XD I got Yuki 3 more milk/plastic rings... and I realized that his obsession has reached entirely new levels of both adorable and silly...

I was using the gree Ring from a container of frozen orange juice... and yuki was trying SOOOO hard to take it from me... so we tug of warred a few minutes- and finally I let him have it since I did not want to hurt him by being too rough... He shoved that down in the pouch and peeked out at me like..."you have more"

And I did... I held out a different one.. and immediately he went for it... this time I kept it out of his reach... and he swiped for it sooo adorably desperately... XD

It was about this time that Kino- (who had been playing about to my left on the cage wall) Noticed what was up and leaped up to join in and help Yuki! So I had both of them trying soo hard to pull this Green plastic ring out of my hand...I let them have it- and again it got stashed in the pouch...I simply gave them the last one..

then I let them have a false sense of security...

THE I STOLE THEM ALL BACK! BWAHAHAHAHAHA..

It was cute... Yuki was like.. but hey... those are mine! reach reach..gimme gimme.. pleeasseee. *reaches out really far for it..* Kino just stared at me from in the pouch before deciding it was go back to sleep time..

but yuki watched me intently while I took his rings and hid them around the cage...He did go get them after I went to bed... XD

But that was fun and cute...

Such easy to please lil gliderbutts...

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389666
05/06/15 01:54 AM
05/06/15 01:54 AM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
I just had two Gliderbutt escapees!

I was over by their cage to say hi to them like always... same old routine- and I noticed Yuki kept getting caught in the loose threads of their old pouches... So I was like okay... lets...switch these out--

after all I cant go to sleep with a clean conscience if I leave that safety hazard there deliberately!

So I removed all the old pouches and fleece things- as its better not to take any chances with them... and as I was doing this the boys were wondering what I was up to..bouncing around... and being gliderbutts... but nothing thats not normal..

I switched out the c rings and started putting in the new pouches and things- and OMG... it was like...I dont even know... the boys went insane! snake tails everywhere- running circles around the cage... just freaking out... (but not in a bad way? They were excited...) Anyway... I was watching them both and closing the doors between everything I added in.... I went to add in the long hammock... and suddenly I had a Yuki trying to get out! I was like augh nuu! and moves to grab him- he sort of fell on to me and still tried escaping- Whereas Kino did take this opportunity and got loose- and ran all over the top and outside of the cage-

I managed to gently get Yuki back into the cage and close the door- then went after Kino. Carefully and cautiously...

He ran down the side of the cage and hopped to the floor and tried to zoom away from me there- but I gently keept him corralled out of danger...as Kitchen= danger. And when I'd try to actually grab him (as is the same Idea with Chiku when I had him-) too much struggling the better option is to just let them go and try again rather than hurt them.

So I probably did this at least 3 or 4 times before he went to go under the tv where all our gaming consoles are set up (bad idea...) and I managed to grab under him, and not allow him something to hold onto. there fore I could scoop him up and keep him held- So I did so and brought him back to the cage- and managed to get him inside too-...

and once inside they ran around like madmen! I couldnt believe they didnt harm themselves divebombing the bottom of the cage- Running up down, everywhere... Dive bombing onto toys... what is wrong with them???

All I know id their cage doors are staying SHUT the rest of tonight!

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389691
05/06/15 10:36 AM
05/06/15 10:36 AM
Longview, Texas
Kris_N_Zoe Offline
Glider Slave
Kris_N_Zoe  Offline
Glider Slave

Longview, Texas
:rofl2: Crazy gliderbutts!!! They must have been super excited for the new stuff! What did you put in? The glow-in-the-dark set? grin

Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389694
05/06/15 11:51 AM
05/06/15 11:51 AM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
No just the clean suggies cabin set....I got..I didnt even get to put it all in. Its not lke they didnt see it before lol

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389696
05/06/15 11:54 AM
05/06/15 11:54 AM
Longview, Texas
Kris_N_Zoe Offline
Glider Slave
Kris_N_Zoe  Offline
Glider Slave

Longview, Texas
The one with the stars?

Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389698
05/06/15 12:13 PM
05/06/15 12:13 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
Yea that one XD It had just been washed recently so I was lettin them use the old one...then I was gonna clean their cage and switch em out... well I had to switch em out sooner cuz Yuki got caught in the loose strings of the old one.

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389701
05/06/15 01:08 PM
05/06/15 01:08 PM
Longview, Texas
Kris_N_Zoe Offline
Glider Slave
Kris_N_Zoe  Offline
Glider Slave

Longview, Texas
Yeah, Good job staying on top of that! Glad you had an extra set. PICTURESSSSSSSSS!!!!

Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389702
05/06/15 01:13 PM
05/06/15 01:13 PM
Michigan
Ittermat Offline OP
Glider Explorer
Ittermat  Offline OP
Glider Explorer

Michigan
Pictures?? lol I upload most of my piccus to facebook... and im pretty sure you've seen em!

Mother to:

Owner of
Special Sugar Creations
Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Ittermat] #1389704
05/06/15 01:32 PM
05/06/15 01:32 PM
Longview, Texas
Kris_N_Zoe Offline
Glider Slave
Kris_N_Zoe  Offline
Glider Slave

Longview, Texas
I'm sure everybody else wants to see some gliderbutts...... >.>

Re: My two Gliderbutts continued [Re: Kris_N_Zoe] #1389713
05/06/15 01:52 PM
05/06/15 01:52 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Yeah we do!!!!!

Glad all ended well with getting those gliderbutts back safely into their cage.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 378 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,600 TEXAS
679,086 OHIO
487,178 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,703 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024