Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
How can I introduce Gliders together #1407334
02/15/17 03:03 PM
02/15/17 03:03 PM
Loving Earth :)
C
Cricket Offline OP
In Pouch
Cricket  Offline OP
In Pouch
C

I have 2 gliders Since 8 weeks old, after 3 months I introduced them slowly and they are housed together. They get along but once in awhile a small spat in the sleeping pouch.

Clover is outgoing, extremely alert and won't take a treat if you give miah one first ( unsure if they get jealous but she acts like it) she don't jump on you when cage door is opened .Miah is quiet calm when open the cage door every time she jumps on everyone. She is bigger then clover. At times she acts scared I think ( new to sugar gliders) she will sit quiet in cage and move slow like a sloth inch by inch while clover stares at her. ( but there not arguing when she does this )

I tthought a 3rd glider would be good for them so miah would maybe act and be more outgoing in the cage, and if she is unhappy with clover , I am hoping miah will get along with the new glider. Is it normal to act like a sloth sometimes and how do you know they are happy living together?

I wouldn't want to be housed with someone I don't like and I want to make sure there all happy together. They both rarely spat and it's just noise no hitting the other and they both eat good. will one glider be the dominate one ? Even though there all girls ?

Clover does the S tail and give me mean looks when I hold miah. Can gliders be Extremly jealouse ? How can I get clover to not S tail me ? Clover was the one I would be the only one who could hold her for months now she gets along with everyone.

The new glider is 12 weeks old now and ( I been out of town 2 weeks and got. Glider ) when I get home with the new glider I have a separate cage to put her in but should I keep her in my room a few days since I been gone 2 weeeks and give the others more time before I let them know there is a new glider baby in the house ?

Should I put the cage next to theirs ( not close enough to touch each other I know ) or keep her in another room ? I know about swapping sleeping pouches for a month or two ( clover and miah maybe because they were younger got along great didn't need to do the sleeping bag swapping with them)

They new baby girl is 12 weeks old she is totally different then they were she is friendly and only crabed for 2 days at me never bites. She is so relaxed when pet her, I am worried now because she is extremly sweet and mellow and loveable the others will beat her up when housed together later on .

How should I get them used to her so they eventually can be housed together ?
Also since the baby don't run from me at all and she loves to be held and petted and belly rubs. She still won't jump on me when I open cage door . How can I get her to fully bond if she isn't now ?

Sorry it is so long . Thank you

~Best Blessings ~
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: How can I introduce Gliders together [Re: Cricket] #1407335
02/15/17 05:09 PM
02/15/17 05:09 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
sounds typical of the first two girls. Yes there is a pecking order. That's when personalities rise to the top. And about the time you get used to this, it may change. Since they have monthly menses, their aditude may change for a few days.

They will always grumble a a bit in the pouch especially if somebody's butt is in their face or their face is in somebody's butt. There is also "prime real estate inside the sleeping pouch( bottom of the pile), and they could be struggling to keep it. (Not an issue, it's just what they do). Also one may be in the mood to groom and the other one doesn't want it.

Having your new glider in the room with your girls is fine. If you have already started bonding well with her, that's great!

I haven't witnessed jealousy with my girls. Dot prefers to stay in her cage unless it's treat time and Fiona likes to hang out with me all day. Fiona wants her treats like a princess in her bed. She will not come out for treats. (That's probably my fault... Lol!)

It could be a scent from your hands she is trying to rub off. Not sure.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: How can I introduce Gliders together [Re: Cricket] #1407361
02/17/17 02:37 AM
02/17/17 02:37 AM
Georgia
steampunk101 Offline
steampunk101  Offline

Georgia
put your new sugar glider in a separate small cage and put that small cage in the big cage.
leave the sugar glider in the cage for three days or so till they start to get along and let the sugar glider out with its new family.
If they still aren't getting along then leave the sugar glider in the small cage for a few more days then try again.

~ When i got two sugar gliders to add to my colony i did this and it worked like a charm.

~
Re: How can I introduce Gliders together [Re: Cricket] #1407373
02/17/17 03:46 PM
02/17/17 03:46 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Have you done pouch swapping? I would start there.

When you get to the introduction stage introduce the new glider to the nice glider first. Then to the more aggressive glider.

If the aggressive glider causes problems let him or her live alone for a week or so and try again. It is amazing how amicable they become after a week or two alone.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: How can I introduce Gliders together [Re: Cricket] #1407464
02/23/17 04:21 PM
02/23/17 04:21 PM
C
Cricket Offline OP
In Pouch
Cricket  Offline OP
In Pouch
C

Thank you everyone for your reply, I am really glad to be able to post questions here and have great advice , thank you again it's helped me along my journey with my sugar bears

~Best Blessings ~

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 395 guests, and 108 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,596 TEXAS
679,084 OHIO
487,175 OKLAHOMA
432,180 UTAH
321,698 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024