Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Food Help 101 #1408002
03/19/17 01:31 PM
03/19/17 01:31 PM
Orlando, FL
A
Alan Offline OP
Joey Member
Alan  Offline OP
Joey Member
A

Orlando, FL
Hi all!!
I'm a new Joey daddy, my babies just came home last night. Right now they are in a temporary cage as their new home is arriving Wednesday. I know there are a ton of threads discussing all this, but I'm so overwhelmed and confused.

Right now the Joeys are on the TPG(?) diet, which I have seen many not be the best. The BML looks like a difficult mix up for me so my option was Critter Love. I'm just so confused. Do I get the complete, and mix like in ice cube trays? Then also add the salad? I'm not sure exactly what to order as I want them to be fed well but also an easier option would be preferable for me.
Then I see talk of leaving some pellets during the day. Where do these come from? Are they something I need? I just see talk of them but don't quite understand what they are.
Vitamins- does the critter love come with them added? Do I need to add more? Do I add a few meal worms every few days does that help?

Treats- mealworms I've seen, and apple slices, seedless grapes, etc. I think I'm good with those.

I have a bunch of the food left over and I'll need to use that while I order everything, I'm just worried and being unfamiliar with the products I'm so lost in all of this info and diets and lists of diets and changes and different lists of ingredients.....

Thank you so much!!!

Alan

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Food Help 101 [Re: Alan] #1408004
03/19/17 03:19 PM
03/19/17 03:19 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted By: Alan
Hi all!!
I'm a new Joey daddy, my babies just came home last night. Right now they are in a temporary cage as their new home is arriving Wednesday. I know there are a ton of threads discussing all this, but I'm so overwhelmed and confused.

Don't feel bad. We've all been there except for those of us who came on the scene back in the stone age when there weren't so many choices rofl

Right now the Joeys are on the TPG(?) diet, which I have seen many not be the best.

There are many people who feed TPG with success, however, many do not recommend it because you have to sprinkle the vitamins rather than their being blended into the staple. This is felt is not a good option for the gliders.

The BML looks like a difficult mix up for me

BML isn't actually that difficult to mix and is kept frozen until fed. You are limited to the fruits and veggies you can feed, so you don't have to worry about what is safe and what is not. It is all spelled out for you. Many people feed this one.

so my option was Critter Love. I'm just so confused. Do I get the complete, and mix like in ice cube trays?

Yes, you can do that. You are also given the option of mixing it fresh each night if you wish. That might be an option if you only have a pair and want to spoil your little ones wink Kept frozen is another option.

Then also add the salad? I'm not sure exactly what to order as I want them to be fed well but also an easier option would be preferable for me.

You don't order the salads unless you order her new freeze dried ones which I would reserve for when you are traveling.

You simply choose from the ones on the website (salad mixes), buy the ingredients and make them yourself. They are then frozen until you make your meals each night taking out the appropriate amount needed.

Then I see talk of leaving some pellets during the day. Where do these come from? Are they something I need?

These are optional. My gliders would never wake during the day, so snacks were never left for them. Other people leave snacks. You can also order pellets from Critterlove. She sells probably the best, IMO, there is.

I just see talk of them but don't quite understand what they are.
Vitamins- does the critter love come with them added? Do I need to add more? Do I add a few meal worms every few days does that help?

Treats- mealworms I've seen, and apple slices, seedless grapes, etc. I think I'm good with those.

I have a bunch of the food left over and I'll need to use that while I order everything, I'm just worried and being unfamiliar with the products I'm so lost in all of this info and diets and lists of diets and changes and different lists of ingredients.....

Thank you so much!!!

Alan

Hope the information I've given you is a help.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Food Help 101 [Re: KarenE] #1408005
03/19/17 03:51 PM
03/19/17 03:51 PM
Orlando, FL
A
Alan Offline OP
Joey Member
Alan  Offline OP
Joey Member
A

Orlando, FL
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! This is amazing. I love my little ones already but i wasn't even remotely as prepared as I thought I was!!! I am going to go to the store tonight see if I can find or get those special ingredients for BML, seems like I'll take a crack at it as it comes recommended. I'll look at ordering a few biscuits in the next few weeks as I observe whether they come out or not. May be good to have some on hand!

I'm feeling much better about this sort of thing haha.

Re: Food Help 101 [Re: Alan] #1408006
03/19/17 03:58 PM
03/19/17 03:58 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Glad I could help.

Be prepared. Some gliders like BML and some don't. Give them a chance, but do remember, if they refuse to eat any diet, then it doesn't do them any good. Be ready to change after giving it a fair chance agree

Here are some Special Notes to keep in mind.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 371 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,552 TEXAS
679,069 OHIO
487,140 OKLAHOMA
432,142 UTAH
321,666 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024