by Ittermat
18 minutes 39 seconds ago
Glider Vomiting
by Nejwig
Yesterday at 11:17 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 5
by Hutch
Yesterday at 12:38 PM
Seeking loving home for 2 gliders (male & female)
by Hutch
Yesterday at 12:34 PM
Sick glider- post surgery decline
by Firefly
Yesterday at 11:03 AM
Travel/side cage
by Alan
Yesterday at 10:28 AM
Name Change
by KarenE
Yesterday at 08:48 AM
the second round
by mechnut450
Yesterday at 06:54 AM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Topic Options
#1410897 - 07/12/17 02:48 PM Gliders of the Round Table 5
Hutch Offline
Glider Guardian

Loc: Heinsberg, Germany
Like sands through... wait, sorry, that one is already taken...

Another chapter closes as the page turns to a new beginning. This marks the 403* post in the continuing adventures of Arthur, Gwynevere, Merlin, & Morgana, & they're still providing plenty that I wish to record & share.

As before, for any late-comers to my colonies epic tales full of wonder & craziness (& maybe a few attempts to give me grey hairs), here are the prior chapters while they last:
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV

Here's to the next 99 posts!

*Don't ask, forum glitch dunno

:plat: Arthur :wfb: Gwynevere :bb: Merlin :grey: Morgana

The epic saga begins here!

Current Research, Studies & Resources
#1410899 - 07/12/17 03:04 PM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Hutch Offline
Glider Guardian

Not much to say beyond that. Been able to spend several afternoon/evening recently with my hand 'sleeping' with the fuzzbutts with varying degrees of success, hehe. Yesterday it lasted a few hours before Merlin decided enough was enough & kept trying to find a new place to sleep. Spoilsport, I returned the pouch back to the cage & he was rejoined to others.

This evening, I don't what they were smelling on my hand, but they kept waking up to lick/groom/nibble... lick some more... *CHOMP*

Good thing they are so cute. I tssked at he/she/them (or yelped a couple of times when Gwyn or Arthur -really- got me) then whoever would go back to licking for a bit. Eventually, the troublesome furball would go back to sleep until they woke to repeat. Whatever they smelled also seemed that it didn't want to wash off since I cleaned my hands twice during this time. *sigh*

Really... it is a good thing they're so cute. Survival trait, I'd wager. Like toddlers.

#1410910 - 07/13/17 09:30 AM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Hutch Offline
Glider Guardian

I almost got a picture of it... but when Merlin notices a camera...

Right before going to bed last night, I swing by the cage to say goodnight. Merlin is hanging from a hammock by his back feet. His front arms are stretched to each side & he'd flapping them like a child pretending to be a bird. He looked like a bat waking up, to be honest, hehe.

I tried to slip my phone slowly from my pocket so I wouldn't grab his attention... raise it up & engage camera mode... it focuses right as he looks my way... & the tiny booger does a sit-up faster than I can click my shutter so all I got was a slightly blurry image of what appears to be him just sitting on a hammock.

*sigh* little jealous of the sit-up.

#1410926 - 07/13/17 11:53 PM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Ladymagyver Online   content

Loc: SW Missouri
Awww... Mine do it so fast I never have a chance. But it is so cool!

https://www.facebook.com/uptilldawngliders/

Inhale the future...
Exhale the past...

Fiona :grey:
Dot :grey:

#1410949 - 07/14/17 09:48 PM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Ladymagyver]
Terry Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Maryland
My Ollie boy loves to hang like that and do a good stretch. He also likes to hang from one side, either one or two footed. He does the side-version maneuver mostly in the wheel, but the bat-like-stretch version, he does quite frequently around the cage.

I actually got a cute pic of Ollie and Lulu hanging upside down eating, but not stretching.

Hehe, I get the survival technique called "cuteness".
3 Sugies, (Ollie, Lulu, & Skadoosh)

#1410983 - 07/16/17 12:47 PM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Stef333 Offline
Glider Explorer

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
My Yoda likes to stretch like a bat after first waking up as well, and he is just as hard to photograph in the act!

I have to agree about their incredible muscular control. Many times I have watched them performing feats of strength and endurance - reaching out horizontally with their whole body, while their back paws cling to a branch.

#1411073 - 07/20/17 04:10 PM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Hutch Offline
Glider Guardian

The last couple of days upon coming home, I've been able to get a little bit of cuddle time before the furballs woke. Yesterday, it was all normal as I removed the pouch, slipped my hand in, & settled in amongst the fuzz. Much like I've described in the past: Some pawing, some pets, some licking & nibbling, some scratching. When they started being more active, I returned them to the cage, provided food, & went to be myself.

Tonight... the girls were waiting. No, seriously, as I walked up, they were clinging to the outside of the pouch watching me. I opened the cage, let them smell me, gave some head-scratches before they went back into the pouch with their heads sticking out looking at me expectantly. Of course, I obliged & pulled them out again.

After I settled into the recliner, I began scratching the heads until Gwyn stretched across the top of the others. So, I just kept lightly petting her as she settled in & went back to sleep. That lasted for maybe 45 mins until Arthur got jealous & climbed over her. So, he got some lovin' for a little while... though he seemed to have trouble deciding if he liked it since he'd squirm & shifted until I stopped... then he'd stop, look at me like I was crazy, & start crawling for the opening until I started again.

He was funny to watch too. As he squirmed around, he'd groom the other fuzz-butts. Sometimes forcefully. He full-up grabbed Morgana's face in both paws, pulled her to him, & started licking like she was his favorite flavor. He nibbled on Gwyn & rolled Merlin over. The really hilarious thing was it didn't even look like they woke up for any of it!!

Anyways, as it got later, they slowly started to wake. Not like other times where I could tell they were getting ready to come alive through a gradual restlessness, it was more like they just woke up & suddenly wanted attention. They weren't trying to get out of the pouch, weren't trying to be grumpy... just four extremely cute, little faces looking at me quite expectantly. So I started trying to pet each of them until Gwyn came near the opening & stuck her head out. So, I started just rubbing her head & shoulders & talking to her... & she just sat there looking at me for another five to ten minutes before the others started to jive for positions. I decided it was time to put them back & feed 'em.

As soon as I began to move, Gwyn, Morgana, & Arthur leapt to my left shoulder (Merlin dove to the bottom of the pouch, silly suggie). I knew what was coming. I keep telling myself it is a sign of affection.

It IS a sign of affection... I needed to change my shirt. My shoulder & sleeve was soaked before I could make it the 4 meters to their cage.

It IS a sign of... *sigh* Good thing they're cute... & four are not enough for even a single moccasin.

Fooded, watered, treated... I'm about ready for bed.

What was really cute (as if most of the above wasn't enough): Right before I decided it was time to take them back to the cage, Morgana has started to move around some. Gywn was watching her as she circled the pouch just on the outside. It was the only time at the end that she didn't just watch me intently as I pet her. As Morgana moved a bit away, she gave this quick little bark. I could actually feel it through her side. As Morgana kept 'exploring' (using the term loosely), Gwyn gave a couple more... I guess what are best described as chirps... before Morgana came back to the pouch & Gwyn returned her attention to me. Not really sure what to read into it (or if there is anything to read in to)... but I really thought it was cute.

So, in the end... four happy gliders playing in the cage right now, a few happy memories of crazy adorableness after a rough week, & much love from my four little pieces of sanity. They by no means make up for not having a human to come home to, but it is so nice that they make me feel loved when I come home.

That is all I have to share right now. No new pictures (my phone has trouble focusing on them on the bottom of the pouch), but I'm sure most of you are able to relate to what I'm saying. Good night, GC.

**Edit: Wow, that was longer than I though... even for me!**

Edited by Hutch (07/20/17 04:13 PM)

#1411094 - 07/21/17 03:25 AM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Ladymagyver Online   content

Loc: SW Missouri
I love cuddles with my girls!

Thank you for making your story long. A lot went on and I wouldn't want to miss one thing that happened. It makes me feel better knowing their little personalities.

BTW, are any of yours tail carriers?

https://www.facebook.com/uptilldawngliders/

Inhale the future...
Exhale the past...

Fiona :grey:
Dot :grey:

#1411100 - 07/21/17 10:17 AM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Ladymagyver]
Hutch Offline
Glider Guardian

Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
BTW, are any of yours tail carriers?
Not that I've seen. I've tried to teach Arthur since he seems the most inclined to do more than keeping it out of the way, but I think he's just too lazy.

#1411114 - 07/21/17 07:23 PM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Hutch Offline
Glider Guardian

Today, Merlin (after some hesitation) jumped to me for a treat! After handing it over, he joined Gwyn & Morgana on my back, just over my right shoulder. After finishing, he scurried around me for a minute or so while I tried to keep on eye on Gwyn, Morgana, & Arthur who were all going in different directions.

Then I felt his weight leave my arm (not the usual push-off, just gone) & I heard *thump*. Not *plop* as they normally land. I had a bad feeling as I turned around. Sure enough, Merlin was just starting a seizure & had lost his grip.

I scooped him back up & just cupped him in my hands (them claws, yo!), & just kept petting him. It took a while before his body relaxed, but he recovered after only a few minutes.

I don't get it. He came out on his own, was just crawling around... I'm -reasonably- certain it is anxiety related, but I don't see why he'd be nervous. I was intentionally not trying to handle him, just letting him move around on his own.

One he looked ready to be mobile again, I held in near a pouch. He seemed happy to do a slow crawl from my hand to just cling to the fabric & watch everyone... especially as I went around my ground floor corraling my wayward three again.

I wish I (or my vet) could figure this out tant :tant2:

#1411125 - 07/21/17 11:24 PM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Terry Offline
Glider Addict

Loc: Maryland
I'm so sorry about Merlin's seizures, I also hope your vet or you can figure it out. I understand how you feel, I had a dog who had seizures.
she ended up diagnosed with epilepsy and was put on phenobarbital, it took a while to get the dose adjusted, but it did help for a few years.
3 Sugies, (Ollie, Lulu, & Skadoosh)

#1411206 - 07/24/17 07:52 AM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Hutch Offline
Glider Guardian

I don't know if it is just how the weather here has been yo-yo-ing or if the long daylight hours are starting to get to them, but the last week-ish my furballs have been waking up extra grumpy with each other. Sometimes even short crabs. I look in, they're fine & looking at me with their "Who, us?" expression.

Anyone know of suggie-coffee I can brew & have waiting for groggy gliders beginning their night? Peggy, new product line maybe? hehe

#1411238 - 07/25/17 06:38 AM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Hutch Offline
Glider Guardian

So, last night I kept them on my lap all the way to wake-up time while keeping an eye on them inside.

Turns out Merlin is my cranky-waker-upper. In hindsight, I feel I should've been able to guess that. He's normally by crabbier one (much like Gwyn is my primary barker).

So, just need to set-out one mug of glider coffee in the evening, not four. Probably needs a travel-safe lid. Not McDonalds hot, though, just in case.

#1411249 - 07/25/17 05:18 PM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
Hutch Offline
Glider Guardian

Just to verify, did a repeat of last night. They were especially cuddly this evening & kept arranging themselves into a tight ball using my hand as a blanket. Every once in a while, I head out pop out between my fingers for a few blissful minutes of scratching between the ears before retreating again.

It was confirmed... Merlin needs coffee in his morning. Talk about the wrong side of the pouch, sheesh.

Edited by Hutch (07/25/17 05:19 PM)

#1411256 - Yesterday at 08:49 AM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch]
KarenE Online   /gc/lgc
Owner

Loc: LittleRock, AR USA
That is so sweet. Let's just hope Merlin doesn't find his wand on one of those cranky mornings shock

#1411260 - Yesterday at 12:38 PM Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: KarenE]
Hutch Offline
Glider Guardian

Originally Posted By: KarenE
That is so sweet. Let's just hope Merlin doesn't find his wand on one of those cranky mornings shock
I agree. The last thing I need is to explain why part of the house exploded to my landlord.

Moderator:  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver, Philwojo 
Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online
4 registered (Ittermat, KarenE, glider_b, Ladymagyver), 19 Guests and 71 Spiders online.
Key: Owner, Admin, Mod
Newest Members
PomMom, Smleddy, Firefly, stupidapples, MommyMack
6286 Registered Users
Forum Stats
17 posts in the last 24hrs
6286 Members
134 Forums
8774 Topics
146674 Posts

Max Online: 478 @ 07/15/07 01:24 AM
Last 10 New Topics
Glider breaks zipper on bonding pouch-
by Ittermat
Yesterday at 09:36 PM
Curious Harness question-
by Ittermat
Yesterday at 08:58 PM
Stunning Little Black Beauty Male Joey!
by JanetGlider
07/24/17 09:01 PM
Gorgeous Twin Males Looking for Their Forever Home!
by JanetGlider
07/24/17 08:48 PM
Seeking loving home for 2 gliders (male & female)
by lilniffa
07/24/17 01:44 PM
Embarking on a return Voyage to Pirate's Cove
by Terry
07/23/17 06:54 PM
Photobucket Fiasco?
by Terry
07/23/17 06:33 PM
Sick glider- post surgery decline
by Firefly
07/23/17 11:29 AM
Help!! Plastic digestiom