Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Oasis #1411334
07/30/17 02:11 AM
07/30/17 02:11 AM
Pacific NW
TwoDog Offline OP
Glider Lover
TwoDog  Offline OP
Glider Lover

Pacific NW
Hey thrill seekers!
Recently, Stef and I pulled stakes from Liberty WA and moved to an even better boondocking site down the road toward Seattle some.
For those not familiar with the term:
"Boondocking" is dry-camping in an RV, with no hookups or other services.
All across the Americas, there are legal safe and beautiful boondocking locations. Sometimes called "Free Camping" or "Dispersed Camping" locations, boondocking sites are not usually marked and can occur most anywhere.
Sometimes even a triangle of median between the intersection of three highways.
Sometimes even big box stores like Wal Mart will allow you to stay in their parking lot overnight.
Private landowners will sometimes let you stay on their patch, just to "look after the place".

If your are a boondocker--any flat spot will do.

Rarely will you find any services, though. It's not expected. Your rig needs to be able to store waste, generate power, etc.

But when we have no internet...that's when I start going nuts.

The solution we use right now, for internet is a Verizon Jetpack, coupled with a Yagi directional cellular antenna.

Gets it done. I can even play some online games!

But all the kings horses and all the kings men could not get internet into that stinking valley. All my best antennae...as high as I could get them. Allllmmoost...3geeee....nope.

Getting antsy, We looked for close-by spots...that might get us a cell signal. We didn't need much. Just something more that nothing.

Desperate to find something nearby that we could jump over to--to stay in the Red Top area (and get a 3g or better signal into the rigs) found us pushing Stef's little Kia to new limits on narrow mountain trails.

Yeah...we can get up that, honey...just keep the tires on the logs...

But nothing worked. Anything we could get to had no signal.

So we expanded our search. And yay! We now have a beautiful shady forest spot in Snoqualmie Pass for the next two weeks.

I am unapologetic about my mis-spelling of the word Snoqualmie.

And we get a signal.

IT'S A GUSHER, BOYS!!!

Four bars of 4G! I am lazily backstroking in the data stream.
Languidly downloading critical patches to games I haven't played since...

Luminous motes of bits and bytes swirl around me like petals on a digital summer breeze.

Been addicted to plenty of things in my life. No regrets.
But don't try and get between my and my internet...please.

We are a little farther down the road, but Red Top is still in range. So treasure diggin' is GAME ON!

Finally!

TwoDog Adventures has been on the road for 9 months now. Nine months! And in the time I have been actually treasure hunting for perhaps 15 hours.
Good thing this gig has no investors--they would be out on my lawn with pitchforks right now...

But hey. What have I been doing?
Leg work--keep leg up...do not cut off.
Workcamp--Work Camp. OMG, I felt like a foreign exchange student coming here from abroad and suddenly finding myself bunked in a Kathy Lee Gifford t-shirt factory.

But just before we escaped camp Work-Like-Dogs, I managed to contract this Martian Death Flu and give it to Stef too. :-(

So yeah. All the above and falling in love too.
Under the weather, under the grindstone or under internet blackout, I don't know how I would have gotten through it without Stef. Thank you.

So screw the investors.
<click> "Get off my lawn..."
(I'm practicing being menacing.)

The new Sugar Squadron HQ had a containment failure on the move to this new camp. One of the travel tubes came loose in transit. I think we still have everyone though. Tube has been fixed and should not come loose again.
They love the tubes and frequently chase each other through them. Makes a racket, but too fun to watch.
Being able to keep them caged up more has really helped me keep the place cleaner--and restricting their range to the main compartment keeps them always in play at play time.
And keeping them out of the bedroom has helped me get some sleep.

Intros to Winky and Yoda are going well. Expect more film on that!
YAY for internet!

Happy Glider-ing all!

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Oasis [Re: TwoDog] #1411335
07/30/17 07:03 AM
07/30/17 07:03 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
So Comerade,

1. Where did you get your tubing?

2. Have you cleaned it yet? If so,

2.5. Is it as easy as hosing out in shower?

3. Is the wire covered on the inside of tube?

I am thrilled the both of you have found love here, and Stef is willing to follow you to the moon!

RV life isn't for everyone, and you learn just how much you can tolerate another person- I mean that in the most positive way. Hubby and I have been attached at the hip for going on 14 years, married 11.5 years of that time, traveling all over the U.S. We have been RVing together for 8.5 years. We have had gliders 1060 days, 15hours and 40 minutes, or 2.91 years. Having said that:

Boondocking is safer with 2 humans. Somebody has to rescue somebody else when they become delerious. And knock them in the head, drag them to the ER sooner... This is said out of concern. Stef, I wish you the best.

Oh, and how did you get "bunny" up there with you, since you can't triple?

Last edited by Ladymagyver; 07/30/17 07:03 AM.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Oasis [Re: Ladymagyver] #1411340
07/30/17 11:23 AM
07/30/17 11:23 AM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
I love camping, and often daydream about RVing or Camping around the States for about a year or so. However, due to my employment, I cannot, for I do not have a job that's mobile, and also currently I have a couple of other factors preventing me to do so.

I don't know if I could live that lifestyle though, it sounds glamorous, at least to me smile.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
R.I.P. Lulu (2/28/12-10/13/17)
R.I.P. Skadoosh (2/28/12-3/26/18)
Re: Oasis [Re: TwoDog] #1411347
07/30/17 01:59 PM
07/30/17 01:59 PM
Free Like the Wind!
Stef333 Offline
Glider Explorer
Stef333  Offline
Glider Explorer

Free Like the Wind!
If by glamorous, you mean collecting and transporting your own human waste for disposal... then this is it! But seriously, if Freedom is your thing - rather than security and convenience - then full time RVing might just be the lifestyle for you. smile

We both had employment and other factors that kept us in our more stationary lifestyles for decades. But we also both jumped when opportunity presented itself, launching ourselves into this life of free-wheeling adventure.

If you want it, you can find a way! (Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life...) wink

:grey: Yoda (Yodins) :grey: Jabberwinky (Winklefritz)
Re: Oasis [Re: TwoDog] #1411348
07/30/17 02:15 PM
07/30/17 02:15 PM
Free Like the Wind!
Stef333 Offline
Glider Explorer
Stef333  Offline
Glider Explorer

Free Like the Wind!
>>>Luminous motes of bits and bytes swirl around me like petals on a digital summer breeze

Just for the record, he gets more poetic about high speed internet than he does about me. wink

But he's right. It is absolutely glorious to be able to reach out and research any random thought at any moment again. Oh, Google, I've missed you so! (There might be a third party in our relationship, but at least we're both equally dedicated to the addiction.)

Thanks for the good wishes, Dawn! I'm perfectly willing to boondock on the moon with Dave, as long as we scout out the site before moving in the rigs.

And on the topic of gliders, I've just set up the big tent in our new camp site so we'll have our second round of inter-colony play time tonight!

Re: Oasis [Re: Stef333] #1411353
07/30/17 05:17 PM
07/30/17 05:17 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
Originally Posted By: Stef333
If by glamorous, you mean collecting and transporting your own human waste for disposal... then this is it! But seriously, if Freedom is your thing - rather than security and convenience - then full time RVing might just be the lifestyle for you. smile

We both had employment and other factors that kept us in our more stationary lifestyles for decades. But we also both jumped when opportunity presented itself, launching ourselves into this life of free-wheeling adventure.

If you want it, you can find a way! (Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life...) wink

Now I didn't say boondocking :lol: no, no, not my style, campgrounds with fully functional hookups, at least electric and a decent bathhouse nearby works for me, if not full hookups with a self-contained unit. The preferred camper I'm thinking of getting some day, and would use for my, maybe year of camping around the States would be an A-frame pop up at this point, a decent sized one though with dormers, easy to tow, easy to setup & breakdown. Perhaps I should exchange the adjective "glamorous" for "adventurous". Maybe some day, yes you're right, doesn't have to be today.

Last edited by Terry; 07/30/17 05:18 PM.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: Oasis [Re: TwoDog] #1411356
07/31/17 01:08 AM
07/31/17 01:08 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
So with the above questions, how are the Temps in the wild NW?

Today for us in Mississippi was the absolute best since we arrived 6 weeks ago.

Oh and Terry, you may not want all the extravagance of what Two dags, Staff and I have, but you might like a small TT. There are places in this country where potty breaks are few and far between.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Oasis [Re: Ladymagyver] #1411370
07/31/17 08:39 PM
07/31/17 08:39 PM
Maryland
T
Terry Offline
Serious Glideritis
Terry  Offline
Serious Glideritis
T

Maryland
I'm certain of that, but when I traveled cross country from AZ back to MD, I had no issues with that actually. Though I'm sure if I could travel long enough, I'd find that to be the case eventually. Some A-frames have pottys though, and even some with the shower/potty combo, so that could be something to look into.

Atm, I am not looking to purchase anything, just still dreaming about it, lol.

Lives with:
1 God
1 dog, (Willow)
1 Sugie, (Ollie)
Re: Oasis [Re: TwoDog] #1411376
08/01/17 10:42 AM
08/01/17 10:42 AM
Free Like the Wind!
Stef333 Offline
Glider Explorer
Stef333  Offline
Glider Explorer

Free Like the Wind!
The temps in the NW are starting a record breaking heat wave today. Triple digits are expected all week, which is rare around here.

Thankfully, we are shaded by a forest of tall trees near the peak of this mountain, which leaves us much cooler than those folks sweltering down in the lowlands. Plus, our generators are all gassed up and just raring to pump out some A/C at our command. smile

Re: Oasis [Re: TwoDog] #1411383
08/01/17 09:04 PM
08/01/17 09:04 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Yuck! But generators are a good thing!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 383 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,554 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,140 OKLAHOMA
432,145 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024