Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413115
11/27/17 06:06 PM
11/27/17 06:06 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
So, when my lil turds decided to wake-up as noisily as possible while Skyping with a lovely lady, I knew it was going to be one of those nights. Well, as I was trying to put their food in, Gwyn came out. So, I decided she just must be interested in working on he jumps (hehehe).

She's getting fairly good in accuracy over distance. I can put her on a door sill, then move to stand about four feet away. I'll stand sideways to her & hold my arm out & slightly down from shoulder level. Doesn't matter, she can now land regularly on my shoulder! I haven't had to make a saving catch in a while & she just glides over my arm. Kind-of proud, this papa-tree is. She gets a yoggie or two as a reward per jump.

As I tried to put her back... EVERYONE decided it was time to come out. At once. Chaos much? Well, I was able to keep the girls on me somewhat successful while I got them all calm, but Arthur missed a leap for my wall clock & plopped to the floor... & took off rather than come back. As I was walking after him, I hear another 'plop' behind me & have only one thought: "Oh, crap... Merlin"

Sure enough, Merlin is on the floor seizing. (Even when he comes out all on his own frown ) I scoop him up, hold & pet him as I re-acquire Arthur. I continue to do so, working to keep the other on me so I have less to worry about; at least until he looked livelier. (Gwyn did not make that easy, she'd gone in to explore mode.) He still didn't want to leave the hand he was both clinging to & wrapped in. I gave him (& by necessity, the others) a few yoggies, then offered him their pouch. He did a slow clamber over to it & just hung there a while before going to the wheel.

The others were less cooperative about going back in, but I got them there & all four received a large piece of dried fruit for the night. Merlin was looking normal again smile Man, his seizures stress me out.

- Hutch

:grey: Morgana (11/15)

:rbridge:
Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

The epic saga begins here!
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413116
11/27/17 08:20 PM
11/27/17 08:20 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Yea, seizures can be very stressful. I have had a couple over the years that have had seizures.

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413242
12/05/17 06:52 AM
12/05/17 06:52 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
It was all planned, I tell ya!

As is fairly common, as I'm straightening up the cage several of the gliders gather around to see what I'm up to. They'll frequently catch a ride was I withdrawal my arm to come out for a little evening play. Especially Gwyn (practically every night).

Not this time. All four just staring. I should have known something was up. I frequently leave the cage door open since I'm there to watch as I prepare their food, in case some change their mind or just want to crawl around on the cage. Tonight, as soon as I stepped away, Arthur & Morgana fly through the opening, plop on to the floor, then go running in opposite directions.

I look back in the cage as I head after them. Merlin is clinging to the edge watching everything (common) & Gwyn is just sitting in the wheel trying to look innocent. It doesn't take long to gather the other two back up, finish their dinner, & use it to bribe them to go back inside.

Sadly, no time for play, I go home quite late. Straight to bed for me.

Funny side note: It's not so uncommon for my furballs to bring little things in to their pouch with them, mostly nesting type items, but with this latest batch of toys they're trying to see how much they are able to cram in there & still fit themselves! It was hilarious looking in on them over the weekend to see Morgana with her head crammed inside a half-egg and Arthur clutching a well-chewed googly-eye both dead asleep.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413244
12/05/17 01:05 PM
12/05/17 01:05 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Originally Posted By: Hutch

Funny side note: It's not so uncommon for my furballs to bring little things in to their pouch with them, mostly nesting type items, but with this latest batch of toys they're trying to see how much they are able to cram in there & still fit themselves! It was hilarious looking in on them over the weekend to see Morgana with her head crammed inside a half-egg and Arthur clutching a well-chewed googly-eye both dead asleep.

:haha: Dot never sleeps hard enough for me to peek. Would have been a Kodak moment though! smile

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Ladymagyver] #1413246
12/05/17 04:56 PM
12/05/17 04:56 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
:haha: Dot never sleeps hard enough for me to peek. Would have been a Kodak moment though! smile

It is difficult, don't get me wrong. It only works on the days or evening I pull them out in their pouch, give them time to go back to sleep, then very slowly widen the open in dim light to see them... & even then its only 50% successful.

So... yeah, it does not happen very often shakehead rofl

But, yes... I keep trying to get a good picture of them sleeping, so [series of censored words] cute. You've seen my best results so far, is difficult & I only get one attempt any one time.

Last edited by Hutch; 12/05/17 04:57 PM.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413252
12/05/17 06:16 PM
12/05/17 06:16 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
I caught Tucker sleeping real hard at one of our educational events.

See the picture, he was drooling!

Attached Files

Kimberley
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413261
12/06/17 01:46 AM
12/06/17 01:46 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Awwww, that is a cute pic!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Feather] #1413262
12/06/17 04:09 AM
12/06/17 04:09 AM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Originally Posted By: Feather
I caught Tucker sleeping real hard at one of our educational events.

See the picture, he was drooling!
Originally Posted By: Ladymagyver
Awwww, that is a cute pic!

I agree with Dawn! Adorable & hilarious!

Last edited by Hutch; 12/06/17 04:09 AM.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413266
12/06/17 02:00 PM
12/06/17 02:00 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
I was asked to describe what a sugar glider is to someone. My answer: "A ridiculously cute, slightly crazy, & entertaining marsupial that has more personality in its tiny body that some full-grown people." It has turned in to a popular description among my friends.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413267
12/06/17 03:21 PM
12/06/17 03:21 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
I was asked to describe what a sugar glider is to someone. My answer: "A ridiculously cute, slightly crazy, & entertaining marsupial that has more personality in its tiny body that some full-grown people." It has turned in to a popular description among my friends.

Well said!!!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413368
12/12/17 05:51 PM
12/12/17 05:51 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Surgar Glider:
noun | sug·ar glid·er

A small, furry, omnivorous, nocturnal marsupial (which means NOT a rodent people) from Northern Australia & the island New Guinea whose body is about as long as an adult palm and whose tail is roughly the same length. It is composed of approximately 5% fluffy-ness, 8% eyes (equal parts stink & adoring), 10% bladder, 17% stomach, 20% cuteness, & 40% intestine.

It has been a long time since all four furballs & I have had a long play session, especially someplace I can just let them roam. Afer cuddling through dinner & some homework, they began to wake & stir, so I took them to the upstairs bathroom & laid the pouch in the tub. While they began initial tentative forays from the pouch, I removed any hazards (such as my straight razor) or things that either would be difficult to clean (bath mats) or I would rather throw away than clean (toothbrush). By this time, most were out & doing their wake-up waste disposal routine. As always, I'm incredibly impressed how much of said waste they can produce.

They continued to impress me as they kept developing more throughout the 90 minutes of play time. I filled half my 5-gallon bathroom trash with kleenex from picking/cleaning it all up. I don't use that much paper for myself after bad Mexican food night!

An-y-ways... it was a lot of fun. It took a little bit for them to get started (& Merlin has to be encouraged to leave the pouch), they all began to move around, explore, jump, find trouble, & generally chose to spend quite a bit of their time on me. mlove They definitely showed me how well their memories work since they kept trying to get to where I put the yogurt drops out of reach. The number of leaps I intercepted *sigh*. Many of them loved scampering up & down & up & down my towel (time for a new one shakehead ). Gwyn love to use it as a leap platform with me as the destination... looking or not. Shoulder to the towel, climb towel, upper towel to shoulder (or head, or face shock ).

Even the boys kept coming back to me to clamber wherever they may. Arthur tried a couple times to climb my face (that didn't go over so well with me). He also kept marking me (Gwyn tried to mark over a couple of his marks). His aim for leaps is also still the worse, which make sense with how lazy he is. Took him a while to realize he couldn't just stare at something intently while popping & assume I'd bring him there.

Even Merlin was involved, once he warmed up to the situation some (& bribery). He started exploring, playing, & interacting with me last. Once he started, he actually spent a lot of time on me. Then he was the first to find a corner & just staring awkwardly at me & watching for any sudden movement. I tried to get his bro or sisters to bring him back in the games, but nope nope nope. Still, he wasn't ready to go in the new pouch yet, just wanted to chill there.

When it was getting late (for me), I showed the others to the new pouch to let them crawl on & in it, then placed Merlin inside with Arthur (the girls were half-in-half-out). In to the cage, add food, & bid them good night. Then I game & told all you awesome people about my fantastic play session smile

It has been a good night. Despite the impressive amount of poop. Best part: no Merlin-sezuires even with all the interactions (& occational lound noise as something was knocked over). YAY!

Time for sleep. Good night GC.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413377
12/12/17 07:38 PM
12/12/17 07:38 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
clap

Kimberley

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413393
12/13/17 12:50 AM
12/13/17 12:50 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
:thumb2: Wooooo Hoooo!!!! :lshower:

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413539
12/18/17 02:22 PM
12/18/17 02:22 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Going to visit my sister & her family for the holidays, so I must be away from my furballs again frown Just dropped them off with their temporary caretaker. Very quiet here. I already miss them. Won't see my little loveable turds until next year.

Counting down the time already.

PS: Dawn, the wife couldn't stop raving about the Christmas tree smile

Last edited by Hutch; 12/18/17 02:23 PM.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413558
12/19/17 11:28 AM
12/19/17 11:28 AM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Hutch, have a wonderful time with your family.

(One more piece of information about Hutch ... he's married)

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413561
12/19/17 12:18 PM
12/19/17 12:18 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Going to visit my sister & her family for the holidays, so I must be away from my furballs again frown Just dropped them off with their temporary caretaker. Very quiet here. I already miss them. Won't see my little loveable turds until next year.

Counting down the time already.

PS: Dawn, the wife couldn't stop raving about the Christmas tree smile

Note to self: When you work late, go to bed really tired, and wake with sleep hangover, don't read Hutch's post before coffee... I've read this 3 times. My first cup of coffee now... Ok makes more sense! Lol!

"The wife couldn't stop raving about the Christmas tree"

In my non caffenated brain, it computed as you got married... And didn't tell the wife, or wife was in Florida? Where did he get a wife? I must have read over the caretaker part, maybe I fell asleep reading- I don't know...it's funny what the brain does... And this is comming from a person who had a nightmare about a box full of sugar gliders... shakehead I need more coffee!!!

Anyway, Hutch have safe travels! And enjoy your trip home!

And I'm really glad your caretaker's wife really liked the Christmas tree!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Ladymagyver] #1413562
12/19/17 02:12 PM
12/19/17 02:12 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
I misread it too. Dawn is the caretaker's wife.

Sooooo, no scoop on Hutch shakehead

Sugar Glider Help

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413565
12/19/17 02:54 PM
12/19/17 02:54 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
:roflmao2: :fall: I'm glad I wasn't the only one!!!!!

But I suppose we should give poor Hutch a break... He was missing his babies... :tant2: worried

hug2 to you Hutch... I'll give mine extra cuddles for you.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413592
12/20/17 12:28 PM
12/20/17 12:28 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
Oops!!! Hutch, we pushed you way over your 100 posts! I guess with the new year, will come a new chapter! Lol!

Hope you are enjoying your stateside visit!(and the weather! Lol!)

See you here soon!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Ladymagyver] #1413594
12/20/17 12:30 PM
12/20/17 12:30 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Saw that and thought the same as you, Dawn. With the New Year comes a new thread smile

Sugar Glider Help

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413602
12/20/17 04:52 PM
12/20/17 04:52 PM
Belleville, IL
Hutch Offline OP
Glider Slave
Hutch  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Belleville, IL
Karen/Dawn: You ladies crack me up! Here I was wondering if you knew I was going to find a surprise under the Christmas tree that I didn't, hahaha! So, no, still no wife, yet.

Dawn is correct, the comment was referring to the wife half of the couple glider-sitting for me. She thought that tree was the most adorable thing! I'm sure you fuzzies will appreciate any extra lovein' no matter the excuse smile

Looks like you're right, time for the next chapter! I'll start it when I get back & have something to share about them. Hmmm... need to think of yet another opening, now.

- Hutch

Arthur (11/15-3/24)
Merlin (11/15-9/23)
Gwynevere (11/15-4/22)

Re: Gliders of the Round Table 5 [Re: Hutch] #1413607
12/20/17 07:19 PM
12/20/17 07:19 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Gliders of the Round Table 6 is HERE!

Kimberley

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,551 TEXAS
679,068 OHIO
487,134 OKLAHOMA
432,138 UTAH
321,663 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024