Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Want to breed White Leucristic in DE, NJ #1413978
01/03/18 12:50 PM
01/03/18 12:50 PM
DE, USA
A
aPe Offline OP
aPe  Offline OP
A

DE, USA
Howdy all,

I have a cute female whitey I named Boo that I would like to breed. I plan to keep at least one baby, after that you can have the other (I hear they can come in couples). If not, I have a home for any number of them.

I am in Wilmington, DE, so I am looking for someone nearby that would like to meet up, see if our buddies enjoy the company, and compare notes.

She is 6 months now and nearing the appropriate 7 month mark. If you are nearby and would like to see if our suggies become friends that would be great!

I am looking for an un-neutered male, preferably any color except for white.

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Want to breed White Leucristic in DE, NJ [Re: aPe] #1413982
01/03/18 01:27 PM
01/03/18 01:27 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted By: aPe
Howdy all,

I have a cute female whitey I named Boo that I would like to breed. I plan to keep at least one baby, after that you can have the other (I hear they can come in couples). If not, I have a home for any number of them.

I cannot tell from the paragraph above if you plan to have her raise her joeys by herself or what. Females do not do well as single parents. It is simply too stressful. Joeys are raised by both parents in order for things to go well.

I am in Wilmington, DE, so I am looking for someone nearby that would like to meet up, see if our buddies enjoy the company, and compare notes.

She is 6 months now and nearing the appropriate 7 month mark. If you are nearby and would like to see if our suggies become friends that would be great!

Sugar gliders are not like dogs in that you cannot stud the males.

Are you looking for one to keep or what?

ETA: Males are neutered. Females are NOT spayed shakehead

Last edited by KarenE; 01/03/18 01:30 PM.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Want to breed White Leucristic in DE, NJ [Re: aPe] #1413984
01/03/18 01:47 PM
01/03/18 01:47 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
I have to agree with Karen, sugar gliders are a colony animal. There would be a lot of stress of introducing gliders, and bonding, only to be separated.

There are also other health issues. When Introducing gliders, it's recommended to to have a vet check and fecal intially, and waiting 30 days and have this process repeated. This is for the good of the glider. Also, when breeding, it's a good idea to have lineage on both male and female. This not only helps with keeping track of inbreeding, but also helps keep track of traits of each glider.

Last edited by Ladymagyver; 01/03/18 01:47 PM.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Want to breed White Leucristic in DE, NJ [Re: aPe] #1413989
01/03/18 04:35 PM
01/03/18 04:35 PM
DE, USA
A
aPe Offline OP
aPe  Offline OP
A

DE, USA
Thanks for the input guys. But it's not what this forum post was for. I can read up on the others as I find time. Lets keep to the subjust while we're in this specific post though.

She is not spayed.. i understand the concept lol

Thanks!

Re: Want to breed White Leucristic in DE, NJ [Re: aPe] #1413993
01/03/18 06:08 PM
01/03/18 06:08 PM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
But you must understand this is all linked.

Introductions to a new glider done without thought or responsibility, just for breeding purposes, can cause injury or even fatal results. Usually to the female.

Colony animals raise joeys together. Mom and Dad help raise their young together. Stress of any kind will cause female to put eggs in stasis, or even worse pull her joeys. With female so young, she can also eat her joeys if she isn't given proper nutrition.

These are exotic animals, not domesticated over hundreds of human years.

You may want to read the first two lines at the top of this page, it's : Glider Central "For the good of the glider". We are trying to provide a safe environment for good advise on the care and well being of gliders. We aren't a dating service.

Last edited by Ladymagyver; 01/03/18 06:10 PM.

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: Want to breed White Leucristic in DE, NJ [Re: aPe] #1413994
01/03/18 06:25 PM
01/03/18 06:25 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Thanks for the input guys. But it's not what this forum post was for. I can read up on the others as I find time. Lets keep to the subjust while we're in this specific post though.

Thanks!

GliderCENTRAL's main mission is to help Sugar Gliders and their owners with illness questions or general glider care.

As long time glider owners, we will not sit by without saying something when we see someone on their way down the wrong path with sugar gliders.

We cannot force you to take our information to heart, however, I feel you have not done much research regarding the care and breeding of gliders.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Want to breed White Leucristic in DE, NJ [Re: aPe] #1414002
01/03/18 08:28 PM
01/03/18 08:28 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Howdy all,

Thanks!

Ok!
For starters you just can't throw two sugar gliders together let them mate and pull the male. You are not breeding dogs. Gliders will and have fought to the death when not introduced properly. Check out this article on introductions: HERE!

You can't take the male out as he plays a important role in raising the joeys, he cares for the joeys once they are out of their mothers pouch so she can go eat and run on the wheel.

I can see bartering to get a male, but you really need to do some research as I don't know of anyone that would sell or barter with you unless you have done your homework on learning about breeding and caring for gliders. You just don't throw a male and a female together and hope for joeys.

There is lineage, sterile lines, and the list goes on as far as color genetics go. Not to mention line breeding, inbreeding.........

You also have to have your gliders on a good diet.

You need to have a joey rejection kit.

A knowledgeable vet.

We are being nice about this. Had you posted this in some of the larger Sugar Glider groups on Facebook they would have ripped you to shreds!

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 378 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,600 TEXAS
679,086 OHIO
487,178 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,703 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024