Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
First vet experience... Results #1414182
01/13/18 07:12 PM
01/13/18 07:12 PM
Atlantis
billytense aka Lisa11 Offline OP
Joey Member
billytense aka Lisa11  Offline OP
Joey Member

Atlantis
Test doc
Hello everyone I have some traffic time due to the weather so I thought I would dictate about my vet visit first off I was super nervous the night before and so I only slept about 2 hours to do all the remodeling and stuff so I did get up extra early and I packed my girls some travel snacks and you know they got a little container they got a container of what food they got a container of dry food or wet was all fresh fruits and vegetables they got some coconut water distilled water a couple of Fruit Loops in there just you know for treats crickets grasshoppers all the good stuff everything they like just in case and then a little bottle of honey just in case people are crabby and they needed some sweets of them and I guess extra fleece for catching runaways and let's see if I think that was about it oh yeah and I had my stinky play with glider hat p on hat and my t-shirt that I always wear in there and I figured I would wear the t-shirt underneath my clothes and and have that and then I will put the Hat on when I got there so they would you know be more comfortable. Well you know what they say about the best-laid plans of man and sugar gliders of course every morning when I get up there both sound asleep in the pouch and would be super easy to just pick the pouch up close the little zipper and be on our way but of course you know who could old Wendy was running around like she knew exactly what was going on today
I like to think I'm a pretty prepared guy and I could think of everything but I didn't imagine this even though I probably should have luckily had built about 45 minutes of leeway in just in case something happened or that certain little animals might get upset and needed, down so what I did is I just happen to buy the day before some little containers to put nuts and bolts in and various Little Hardware so it was about 4 by 5 by 6 with a Snap-On lid I drilled some air holes in it real quick but some bedding a little bit of food put in the cage on its side and my little girlfriend scampered right in just put up and put the lid on and she was just as happy as could be and we were on our way maybe the best part about the trip was in the very beginning when I realized that the container set in the little Nook right on top of my dashboard in front of my steering wheel so for a little bit until I got on the main roads I had a co-pilot who basically set up there and had an in-flight meal and just watch the world go by guess of course she got sat in the passenger seat with a seatbelt soon after.
We were 15 minutes early before the vet open with a lettuce in so we're the only ones in the waiting room no problems with that receptionist at never seen sugar gliders and so do the other one so I was a little nervous there but we got into the waiting room and they let me set up so I put out a little buffet with some honey and in the whole time everybody was super calm and know crabbing nothing and I changed into my my good old glider hat and glider shirt.

Boy was I nervous really pacing around trying to make the little nurses laugh and just so you know I don't know just nervous I didn't know what was going to happen but the doctor came in Dr Bennett he was super cool super nice friendly bedside manner the whole nine yards very genuine and a very interested so without any incident we got both gliders Wade and then we took them out and they they they they gladly gave us a stool sample to check out and both Lucy and Wendy neither one crapped one bit they pretty much stayed on me they jumped on the doctor a couple times but you know he just wanted to hold them and check them out and feel their bodies and that kind of thing. Unfortunately there was no teeth checking or nail sharpening they use a handheld Dremel and just touch the nail so I'm going to think about doing that because I'm just not good with those Clippers. Most patients willingly climbed back into their little enclosures I actually have brought an extra enclosure for Lucy so she wrote home in the passenger seat you know what's up with a nice view with the seatbelt on as well and yeah that was it super good bill of health I was beaming because the doctor told me that I was the most prepared and knowledgeable first-timer that he has had out of probably too I don't know I'm guessing it wasn't that great of a compliment but I liked it

He seemed impressed with the husbandry in the setup and the and the attention the food he made one suggestion that was to feed them some gut loaded live crickets so off to the store I went to get me a little Cricket farm and the disgusting food that they eat and yeah that was mostly that day I felt though that they needed a special treat so I stopped and got a couple of Hanging Vine plants after I figured out which ones were okay and the day before I've been given about a 5-foot by 5-foot tree and I said that was in the corner so we introduced them all at once and later in the day it was was happy happy play time we went up and down the tree and up on all the branches and we jump to the vine and climbed up and down and good times should have been there okay good night everybody I have to drop this Home Depot before they close and then it's time to go home and clean up the glider room and have a little play time take care.

Great googley moogley

Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: First vet experience... Results [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414184
01/13/18 08:57 PM
01/13/18 08:57 PM
Ada OK
Claralice Offline
Glider Lover
Claralice  Offline
Glider Lover

Ada OK
Great job and sounds like a great visit as well!

Freddie and Barnabus Caramel neutered males
Re: First vet experience... Results [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414185
01/14/18 12:37 AM
01/14/18 12:37 AM
SW Missouri USA
Ladymagyver Offline
Ladymagyver  Offline

SW Missouri USA
I'm glad you had a great visit!There is nothing wrong in being prepared!

Thanks for sharing your experience! I wish I had joined GC before I went to the vet the first time! Lol!

Dawn

Be patient,
and
Trust your journey....

Grace :bb:

Ruby :grey:

Mom :grey:

Dad :grey:

Fiona, Dot and Stewie :rbridge: wish I could turn back time... Miss you

Re: First vet experience... Results [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414187
01/14/18 03:35 AM
01/14/18 03:35 AM
Atlantis
billytense aka Lisa11 Offline OP
Joey Member
billytense aka Lisa11  Offline OP
Joey Member

Atlantis
Yeah, I told him (dr.b) about this place and have him a great review, although truthfully I wish we would of cut those damn nails!!

Great googley moogley

Re: First vet experience... Results [Re: billytense aka Lisa11] #1414188
01/14/18 04:38 AM
01/14/18 04:38 AM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
:thumb2:

This is what I use to trim nails. Bird Claw Scissors

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 412 guests, and 97 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,582 TEXAS
679,079 OHIO
487,163 OKLAHOMA
432,165 UTAH
321,693 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024