Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free #184657
12/12/06 01:46 AM
12/12/06 01:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It has taken me Three days to come to the point where I could even come to the site to even attempt to share the nightmare that just won't end...

On Tuesday morning of November 28th we received a call theat my husbands mother had pnumonia. She has been undergoing Chemo and Radiation for the last few months for Breast Cancer so we knew that this was one of those "What's the worst thing that could happen" kind of things...so we immediately started pricing tickets to fly down to Miami from Tennessee where we live.

One hour later my sister in law (my husbands sister) called to say that we needed to get there immediately, so we changed our later flight to the first available which gave me about 2 hours to figure out what to do with my 4 dogs...3 cats...and my gliders. There was Gizzy, my Pit Bull Bull Biter that came to me afraid of anything and everything...but over two years learned to trust ME alone...he still couldn't tolerate anyone or anything else...but I got hugs and kisses every single day...There was his mate and True Love...Gidget...My tiny little love who was shy but sweet, and the BEST momma ever...she had two little joeys that had just shown themselves on the 20th of November...one little boy and a little girl...There was Honey and Butter...these were the two little girls which were Gizzy and Gidgets last two (they came back to back this time-first time ever) which were about 3 months old...The SWEETEST babies that ever came from Gizzy and Gidget...they would come out and love on me whenever I'd open their cage door and I never heard them crab...not even once...Both of them were easy going calm and sweet little babies...and in fact I had lined up a wonderful new home for them which I was going to finalize when I got home...Then there was my Ziggy...He is my one true love...Everyone has their favorites...even if their afraid to admit it...and he is my heart...Then my little Zuri..she's my other white faced blonde paired with my Ziggy...Crabby little snot but if you let her do things HER way she's a little love...

Within those two hours of throwing everything but the kitchen sink into suit cases...I made a million calls to find places for all my babies. I called 3 vets and none had room to board either 3 cats or 4 dogs. None would board gliders under any circumstnces.

Donna...I DID try to call-but then I realized that you were either at work or asleep...AND you are so far from me there was NO way I could have made it to you in time to make the flight.....I tried to think of every possible way because you've been such a dear friend to me AND my babies that you were my first thought...but this time there was just NO way I could make it happen...even if you could have met me...we just didn't have the time to wait...

I found a friend to take my 2 small dogs (Papillons that weigh about 4 lbs) Thank GOD...

The Boxers were another issue...They have a HUGE outdoor kennel which is 20x20 with two of those Gazebo tarp tent roofs and two igloo doggie houses...We usually leave them out during the day or when we're gone SO we called one of my husbands BEST friends...someone he has known for 20+ years...and asked if he would come by and check on the dogs and the cats for us.

He said "ABSOLUTELY" so after making a million more calls to everyone I know...I had NO ONE to take or care for the gliders...I asked the same family friend (I'll Call him "JOE") if he would also take care of the gliders...He said ABSOLUTELY...Keep in mind..."JOE" lost his mom to Breast cancer about two years ago...so he really knew what we were dealing with and he seemed completely UP for it.

I Printed out one of the care sheets that I always send with my babies when they go...and when he got to the house to give us a ride to the airport I took him upstairs and showed him what to do....I gave him just the basic care instructions...told him that if he had to come in the afternoon that he could just put Frozen fruits and veggies in there and it would be ok...Left 10lbs of ZooKeepers out on the rack under the cages...I even put TWO water botles on EACH of the 4 cages because I alway overplan EVERYTHING....

Well, My husband and I KNEW that that was a LOT to ask of anyone...so we payed him in advance for his time and gas...THEN my husband ran up the street to a friends house that we've only known for about 3 years and gave him an extra house key...his name is Martin...My husband asked Martin if he would just keep an eye on the place because we didn't know how long we'd be gone...AND he told him that in the case of an emergancy with "JOE" we might need him to help with the Cats...because "JOE" openly said he HATES cats and he mignt not be able to do the litter boxes so we wanted to have a back up...

We left Nashvile November 28th at around 7pm...and my husband mother passed away at 8:30pm while we were still in the air. We didn't arrive till almost 10 but we went streight to the hospital...and that was when we found out...My husband is devistated...He is only 35...and just last week the Doctors had told us that her prognosis was very good...they believed they got all of the cancer with the mastectomy and that with the Chemo and Radiation they did not believe it would return...so this Thanksgiving was such a special time of celebration because we believed WE as a family had BEAT this thing...and that things Just might be OK...which was the first time any of us have felt that way in about a year...

The service was Monday the 4th...My husband and his sister are not able to function...along with loosing their mother...they lost their father about 5 years ago to cancer...My Brother in Law and I had to do much of the funeral arrangements...Complete NIGHTMARE...

The rest of the week...we had to meet with attorneys..and lawyers...there was no will...and long story short...She owned a Townhome that has a rediculous monthly fee...and mortgage...and the four of us have to figure out a way to finance this house for at least 6 months till it clears probate so that we can sell...NIGHTMARE...

All week I've felt like everything I do is wrong...like Everything I say is out of line...or not my place...but when I ask my Husband he tells me to "Deal With It"...so I am...and throughout all of this...as my heart is breaking from the loss of a woman I deeply loved...I have my 6 year old daughter with us...doing my best to be a Mommy...it has all hurt so much...

Friday the 8th her ashes were "Formally" added to their fathers ashes with a small service which was heartbreaking in and of itself...I've never experienced anything like that as no on in my family has opted to be creamated...but it was so final...and so painful...my only solace was the knowledge that Everything at Home was OK...

....How wrong could I be....

Saturday morning the 9th of December...just after we've gone through this final service...I receive a call from Martin...I swear that man is a living angel...

He tells me that even though he knew "JOE" was supposed to be taking care of everything He had been going by the house every day to make sure that the dogs water was not frozen...He bought a heated blanket for each of their Doggie Igloos because he was worried they would be too cold at night...he has been going in the house every day to change the cats water and make sure they had food...AND each time he would go through the house to find the cats to make sure they were all OK...we never asked him to do anything but drive by and basically make sure the place didn't burn down or get broken into...but this angel has been doing all these things with no mention to us...simply out of love and friendship...a man we've known only 3 years...

He said that he was worred that "JOE" had not been feeding the dogs because each time he would go there would be no food...no matter what time of day he went...He actually went and purchased extra dog food for our dogs because the food was inside one of our cars and for whatever reason "JOE" had locked the doors on the car...

The reason he called me on the monrning of the 9th was to tell me that he had thought we were coming home on the 10th and that he went upstairs to "Tidy UP" a bit before we came home...just to make it nice...I still am amazed at how thoughtful that was...

He said when he saw the big cages he didn't realize there was anything in them...I never had told him about the gliders because "JOE" was supposed to have that under control...

He found my Gizzy wrapped around my Gidget at the bottom of the cage...they were both gone...Both their water bottles were completely empty...and there was no food what so ever...I couldn't bring myself to ask about where the new joeys were...I don't want to know...

He found my Honey and Butter curled up together in their empty food bowl...again both their water bottles were empty and all of their food was gone...Such sweet babies...both as loveable as could ever be...so trusting...so calm...

Zuri was in her pouch...she was still alive thank God...but skinny and not her normal fisty self...
I waited till last to ask about my ZIggy..I just did't want to hear any more...By the Grace of GOD my Ziggy is alive...

When we left I had the worst feeling about my suggies...Never before have I felt this way...but that is probably because I've always fostered them with someone or taken them with me...but I kept telling myself...Tony (My husband) has known "JOE" for 20+ years and he has never let us down before...I kept telling myself that I was just being a nervous mommy and I needed to let go... Right before I walked out the door I took my Ziggy out and he gave me a face hug and a nuzzle like he always does...and when I was snuggling him with my nose I said to him..."Now you just Hang on Till I Get Home".....I've never said that before...but he did...

Just after I found out I called CarrieT...She is the one I got Zuri from and I just had to call someone because I was hysterical...and Poor Martin didn't have a clue as to what to do...CarrieT put me in touch with Bourbon...and I just can't tell you how much she did for me emotionally...I was litterally HYSTERICAL...she knew right what to do...she calmed me down...and she did a 3 way call to Wanda who happens to live about a half an hour from my house...(IF I ONLY WOULD HAVE KNOWN...) By the time we got this all organized it was going on 8pm in Tennessee...but God Bless Martin...he stayed right there with my last two babies and held them and loved on them...he said to me later that if they weren't going to make it...he didn't want them to die alone...This from a confirmed bachelor who is a grumpy older british guy...People never fail to amaze me...
Wanda met Martin one hour later and went to my house to get my babies...I talked to her on the phone at that time too and I was just so hard because my poor suggies were still there in thier cages...just feet away from food and treats...

My Babies Starved to Death...

I thought I did everything Possible to make sure they were safe...I put their lives in the one person who lives closest to us....the one person who up until this point I would have trusted with my own daughter...The one person who has never once let us down...and my Babies Starved to Death...

My husband had called him once or twice during the first week we were gone and he said everything was fine...I couldn't bring myself to speak to him until tonight...I needed to know the truth...

He admitted that he forgot about them. He never once checked on them...that he had not been checking on the cats either because I had left so much food and water out that he thought they would be fine for a week or so....and that he thought that we would be back by them...He said that he went by a few times to check in on the dogs...but each time he went they had food so he did't bother with them either...

If it were not for Martin I would have lost ALL of my babies...God Bless that Man...

If it were not for CarrieT, Bourbon, and Wanda...My Ziggy and my Zuri would never have survived....They went for 11 days with no food...I will never know how Zuri and Ziggy survived...but Bourbon thinks it was because I put the extra water bottles on their cages that they have been living off the water all this time...

I can't imagine the agony they all must have suffered...I am so angry and hurt that there are not words to express the depth of my pain...

My babies starved to death...

The only reason I forced myself to post tonight is not only to honor my babies...but to STRESS how CRITICAL it is to have a network established of Sitters, Fosters, and Rescues...that can be called on at a moments notice...My husband lost his mother...and in losing her...I lost a Dearly loved friend...and now I've lost 6 of my babies...There are no words...

I am still in Miami...I want to go home so desperately it physically HURTS to think about it..

Unfortunately there are some things that could not be taken care of over the weekend and we are still stuck here in the midst of this [censored]...and all I want to do is get my babies back in my arms and curl up with them to love on them as long as they'll let me...Hopefully we'll be home by Wednesday...hopefully...

Thank You is not enough to say to express my gratitude to CarrieT, Bourbon and of course Wanda...Wanda-you are keeping my babies Safe and alive...and I will be eternally grateful to you for that. CarrieT..you are a Dear Friend that I hope to have in my life for all time...Thank you for letting me grieve with you...thank you for helping me save my last two babies...Bourbon...YOU are Simply AMAZING...you knew instantaniously What to to...Who to Call...and how to fix it...I know some of us are all virtual strangers...but I've never experienced this kind of love and compasion for something such as this in my entire life...

All these years I've had suggies...I've never lost one...not one...but to loose 6 this way...I don't think I will ever get past this one...

People PLEASE...Don't leave your suggies with anyone who doesn't have glider experience...There MUST be a way to organize a resource nationally for anyone and everyone to have access to...Emergancies happen..EVERY DAY...I had no choice but to go...and I do NOT regret choosing to be with my husband to see him through the death of his mother...but due ot my ignorance....or lack of resources....and One COMPLETE IGNORANT IDIOT...My babies are gone...Please don't let their death to have been in vein....

For my Gizzy...My Sweet Wild Man...You were the most amazing Daddy. I will miss your kisses, and how gentle you were with me...but you would bite the krudd out of tony if he would try to pet you when you were on me...I always felt as though you were trying to protect me...and now my love...I have lost my protector...I'm Positive they will have Fruit Loops over the Rainbow Bridge...and now you can have more than one...I love you darling...

For my Gidget...You always were my shy girl...but you always loved me to rub your tummy especially when the babies were moving too much...You always shared your babies with me willingly...and never worried when they were with me...You will live on through them-as I know for a fact that each of them loves to have their tummy's rubbed...Make sure you share the Papaya with Gizzy...you alway did squabble over Papaya and he would alway give his to you...He loved you so...and my only blessing in this is that you were together when you traveled over the bridge...

For the Joeys...My grief for you is that I never had a chance to get to know you...Never had a chance to snuggle or play with or kiss you....But you are with your mamma and daddy...and I am certain they will share the love I have for them with you both.

For my Honey and Butter...The sweetest of all my girls...Neither of you ever crabbed...or disagreed...I loved that when there was treats in the little bowl, one of you would grab one and bring it to the other....Such sweet babies you were...I only wish you could have stayed just a bit longer.

To you all...forgive me for going on as I have...I have so much pain in my life right now...and this blow was almost more than I can bare...Thank God I have my Ziggy and My Zuri...Thank God for the wonderful people in my life...and for all who have made it to the end of this novel of mine....Thank you for sharing in this moment with me.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184668
12/12/06 02:27 AM
12/12/06 02:27 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Words cannot express how sorry I am for you. I am so sorry for all the losses you have had to endure this week. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Lot's of hugs, kisses, and prayers coming your way. hug2

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184670
12/12/06 02:44 AM
12/12/06 02:44 AM
Big Sandy TN
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict
Sherri  Offline
Glider Addict

Big Sandy TN
tears were streaming down my face as I read what all you had to endure this week I am so sorry for your losses. Lots of love goes out to you and you will be in my heart forever to help me make choices on how my bbies ae taken care of when I am ever away. Hugs and kisses to you.

sherri

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184671
12/12/06 02:59 AM
12/12/06 02:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh my goodness. I am crying for you as I read this. I can't imagine how you must feel. You are so strong to post about it so soon. I wish you the very best in recovering from all these tragedies at once.
Even in their last moments, your suggies knew they were loved.They know it wasn't your fault. Even now, they can feel your love from the other side. I hope that that gives you something small to find peace in. As you grieve, we all cry with you.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Sherri] #184673
12/12/06 03:06 AM
12/12/06 03:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My gf lost it reading that. I feel so bad for you. If you ever need anything I am only three hours away.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184677
12/12/06 03:10 AM
12/12/06 03:10 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PLEASE know your babies are fine with me here until you can get things done that needs to be done there, I promise I am taking GOOD care of them, even grumpy Luri is getting to trust me enough to not crab at me, she took 4 plugs from my fingers the first night when I was trying to determine how dehydrated they were, today she gave me the scare of my LIFE, me and Lacy was checking on them about 3:00 this afternoon and when I opened her cage she didn't crab, I shook her pouch she didn't crab, I grabbed the pouch out really FAST she did crab, I looked at Lacy and said OMG we have another dead glider!!! Well, she was so still in there and didn't move and I really feared the worse, there was a little blankie over her and I slowly moved it off and PRAISE GOD she came up crabbing her head off and looked fine, tonight she is out playing like every night, you didn't have them in the same cage so I have not put them cage but their cages side by side and the bark all night, they have been on a special Ensure diet since they have been her as to not but to much of a shock on their tummies, tonight I gave them the Ensure (which they lap up dry every night) and some of your suncoast pellets. So for they have only started on their Ensure, I will know in the mornig if they touch the suncoast cause I counted each one I put in their dish. Ziggy?? Well, he is a different story, he is the sweeties (except for my ADAM) that I have EVER met, he loves everyone!!! Just be sure you babies are fine here and will wait on you as long as it takes. I am SO very sorry for all your other losses. I did not know until I read your post here there were joyes in one of the cages, I had hoped I wouldn't have had to actually see the ones that didn't make it but I guess Martin just didn't know what to do with them so they were still there, I did not even know to check for joeys, all I seen were 2 gliders in each cage (4 gliders) that didn't make it. My neice went with me to get them and I wouldn't let her come up stairs to see. I do hope someone has that cleaned up for you before you get home!!

Okay, we are working on a Glider Sitter Database that will include each and every State legal ones or not, see, we live 30 minutes apart, this would have come in so handy!! As soon as I got home Friday night with your babies I ask several of my friends for help in getting this going, it is a MUST!!

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184679
12/12/06 03:13 AM
12/12/06 03:13 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be great wanda to have a glider siter database! If you need any help on it please PM me.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184681
12/12/06 03:17 AM
12/12/06 03:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is a fantastic idea Wanda! Jtmoney I know we aren't far apart so I am calling you if I need someone and vice versa! wink No one should have to go through so much in one week.

Last edited by happyglider; 12/12/06 03:18 AM.
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184683
12/12/06 03:46 AM
12/12/06 03:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wanda....Again THANK YOU is not enough...
My Zuri is a Pistol...She only loves my husband...Can't Stand anyone else...I've tried everything with her and the ony time I can get her to be calm is when I have her in a Zippered pouch in the middle of the day..and even then she's a little snot. She's been with Ziggy in Tent Time before..but she likes to push him around...and because he's so special to me I've held off on putting them together full time. I have had them in one cage during the day, and they will sleep together and get along just fine...but she gets grumpy at feeding time...she's demanding to say the least...I've never been bit by her...come close a few times but managed to avoid it...I'm sure she's just confused and scared...I always go slow with her with everything I do with her. She's still young, so I'm planning on spending a lot more one on one time with her before I put them together...I'm not going to let anyone push my Ziggy around! I know we spoke earlier...but it's still wonderful to hear that they are both hanging in there. I'm sorry that Zuri is such a snot...She'll go right up to my husband and be sweet as can be...she doesn't like to be held though-she'll jump right away...but she will come to him for treats and let him pet her and she'll climb on his hand...She was supposed to be MINE...but in truth she is HIS...but I can't complain-I have my Ziggy and his is the world to me...especially now... Thank you for posting the update. I have very limited internet access here...My mother in law has dial up and I keep loosing connection...Plus the phone has been ringing off the hook so the only time I can even think of going online is in the middle of the night...and I'm so Exhausted I can't see streight half the time...
You are all so wonderful...
Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help with organizing a foster/sitter availability...I think it would help in some small way to see me through this....

I'm still in shock...I just can't believe this happened...I keep asking "Why didn't he call?" Why Why Why Why...there are no answers....I don't even feel like myself anymore not just because of this-I'm just overwhelmed emotionally...

You all mean the world to me....

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184685
12/12/06 04:01 AM
12/12/06 04:01 AM
Sycamore Illinois
Karin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Karin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Sycamore Illinois
Oh, I am so so SO sorry for the pain you are going through right now. I just lost my first glider a few days ago, and the pain is unreal. My heartfelt sympathy is with you. If you ever want to talk, let me know hug2.
Karin

Miss Lily and Bud
Prada and Armani
Tessa, Deuce and Cami

Tira and Misu angel Deja and Vu

Glider Daydreams

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...It is about learning to
dance in the rain!"
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Karin] #184692
12/12/06 04:48 AM
12/12/06 04:48 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
All I can think is what a nightmare! cry I'm so sorry for your lost babies (and someone needs to give the 'friend' a good kick! mad ) Your other two fought to make it-and I know will get lots of love and cuddles and treats from you when you get back-and so glad someone's caring for them now (WTG, guys!)

hug2 hug2

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Karin] #184693
12/12/06 05:22 AM
12/12/06 05:22 AM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Oh Dear God! I am SO SORRY!!!! I will email you ..HUGS

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: SugarBlossoms] #184710
12/12/06 08:55 AM
12/12/06 08:55 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
My heart just broke reading this. I cannot even begin to imagine your pain and heartache. I went away a couple of months ago (although it was planned), but I was still so afraid of leaving my two. I am so sorry you have had to deal with so much loss and heartache this past week. Please pass my condolences on to your husband on the loss of his mother. My mother is in remission from breast cancer and she had a heart attack right after, so we came very close to losing her. My prayers and thoughts are with your whole family. Godbless you all and your sweet little babies.

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: SugarBlossoms] #184711
12/12/06 08:57 AM
12/12/06 08:57 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
As I was reading through this, the tears were just pouring down my face. I can not imagine how horrible this entire ordeal has been for you. I am so very, very sorry... hug2 hug2 hug2 I just don't have the words right now to express my emotions about all of this. shakehead

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: SugarBlossoms] #184715
12/12/06 09:39 AM
12/12/06 09:39 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
hug2 That is just horriable! I am so sorry that you have had all this tragedy. I don't know anything else to say except that all my prayers and blessings are with you during this time and my heart is just breaking for your loss. heart

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: LSardou] #184718
12/12/06 09:51 AM
12/12/06 09:51 AM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
What a nightmare this must be for you, my deepest condolences on the loss of your babies!! Thank You Wanda for caring for the 2 that were strong and getting them better while she is there!! If I can be of ANY help at all in getting a sitter database going, LMK, I will do anything I can to try and help make sure noone else has to face this horrible ordeal!

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: BeckiT] #184725
12/12/06 10:06 AM
12/12/06 10:06 AM
Austin, TX
R
RMiriam Offline
Glider Lover
RMiriam  Offline
Glider Lover
R

Austin, TX
I am so sorry for your loss - I think that is everyone on this board's nightmare, so we can all empathize. If we can get a comprehensive sitter/emergency help database going, at least one good thing will have come from your tragedy. And thank you to Wanda for stepping in - what an angel.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: RMiriam] #184733
12/12/06 10:31 AM
12/12/06 10:31 AM
Doniphan Mo
Carrie T Offline
Glider Addict
Carrie T  Offline
Glider Addict

Doniphan Mo
I'm so sorry for yur loss Monique. Maybe something good will come out of this though. Your babies are at peace now and I know Wanda is taking wonderful care of Ziggy and Zurie. You take care of yourself and your family and call me when you get home okay ? heart hug2 hug2 heart

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Carrie T] #184741
12/12/06 11:00 AM
12/12/06 11:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

omg i can't fantom your pain and it is so very awful. to lose so many in such a short time and to lose your mother inlaw as well. just know i am sending love ,prayers, and hugs to you and all of your family.

please if i can help in any way with a glidder sitter data base please let me know.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184752
12/12/06 11:35 AM
12/12/06 11:35 AM
Canton Tx
Their_mommy Offline
Glider Guardian
Their_mommy  Offline
Glider Guardian

Canton Tx
I did not read everyone elses post after the first.
I am in tears over your dreadfull experience.
I don't cry often but my tears are flowing freely over this.
How heartbroken you must me over the loss of not only your mother in law but also your best friends.
God rest them.
I can not add more as my heart is broken for you.
Know that you are not alone in this and we are all here for you to vent when you need to.
Hang in there and trust that all will be ok soon.
A big hug to you.
karen

As time goes by and my loves pass. I will forever be greatfull for the time we had together. I will see you soon my loves.
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184753
12/12/06 11:39 AM
12/12/06 11:39 AM
Canton Tx
Their_mommy Offline
Glider Guardian
Their_mommy  Offline
Glider Guardian

Canton Tx
Originally Posted By: Jtmoney
That would be great wanda to have a glider siter database! If you need any help on it please PM me.

Please do set one up. We all need to know who we can count on to take care of ours suggies.I am in for glider care for anyone in my area.

As time goes by and my loves pass. I will forever be greatfull for the time we had together. I will see you soon my loves.
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Their_mommy] #184758
12/12/06 11:46 AM
12/12/06 11:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What Monique has gone though is almost unbareable and we all know that, losing a loved human, 6 gliders and just a week before another animal, she has gone through more than I think I could have handled. She is strong and will get through this with our love and support. What we need to do now as a glider community is make it so this doesn't happen again, USGN and several other Glider/Animal boards are starting a list of State to State names of people to call in case of emergenceies, sitters, vet care info, anything that can help in a pinch like Monique had to go through, HAD SHE KNOWN I was less than 30 minutes away this would NOT have happened, so lets all try and work hard as a community to prevent this from happening again please.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184759
12/12/06 11:47 AM
12/12/06 11:47 AM
Illinois, USA
CritterHill Offline
Glider Addict
CritterHill  Offline
Glider Addict

Illinois, USA
cry I am so sorry for your loss. hug2 hug2

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Their_mommy] #184761
12/12/06 11:54 AM
12/12/06 11:54 AM
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL
hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 my heart is just breaking for you. I'm in tears after reading this. Thank God for Martin, I'm so very glad that he was able to rescue your Zuri & Ziggy.

Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: Their_mommy] #184763
12/12/06 12:04 PM
12/12/06 12:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: Their_mommy
Originally Posted By: Jtmoney

Please do set one up. We all need to know who we can count on to take care of ours suggies.I am in for glider care for anyone in my area.

Here is the one Teresa started.
Please add your info.
http://glidersitters.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184773
12/12/06 12:23 PM
12/12/06 12:23 PM
Raleigh, NC
kelz0429 Offline
Glider Explorer
kelz0429  Offline
Glider Explorer

Raleigh, NC
I am so sorry to hear of your losses.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family (both human and glider).

~KELZ

Sid :wfb: and Stu :wfb:
Chihuahuas: Diego and Gus
Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184774
12/12/06 12:24 PM
12/12/06 12:24 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am so sorry for your lost..

Please Wanda add me to your database. My home is always open to gliders. And I can travel 3hrs in any direction if needed.

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184778
12/12/06 12:33 PM
12/12/06 12:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hug2 AmberLove,
My heart is breaking for all the loss you are feeling right now!!!! I know what it feels like to lose a wonderful tiny friend!! I lost my GiGi and I cried like I never have before or since!! I can not even begin to know how hard this must be for you!! I will keep you and your husband in my prayers!!

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184783
12/12/06 12:46 PM
12/12/06 12:46 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dearest AmberLove, It's all I can do to hold back the tears as I read about your nightmarish experience. I lost my Mom to cancer and later to cremation (her choice) so I know what heartbreak you are going through. As for your babies...IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT! You did EVERYTHING right. Everything a good and responsible pet-parent could conceivably do under such terrible circumstances. Please, please do not continue to beat yourself up about happened. Your babies are safe in Loving Arms across the Bridge and they have a full understanding of your love for them and the grief you feel. They would not want you to feel burdened, but to remember the LOVE and the fun times.

AmberLove, I'm here in Miami if you need a shoulder to cry on. Just PM me, any time, day or night and I'll be there to listen and help in any way that is open to me.

heart glider angel

Re: Farewell My Loves...Soar Eternally Free [Re: ] #184811
12/12/06 01:45 PM
12/12/06 01:45 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
I am just astounded at the stupidity and carelessness of people some times. Amberlove, you put your trust in someone, really, your ultimate trust and it was so cruely betrayed. I would have trusted a life long friend too in the same circumstances. I am so sorry for your loss of your gliders as well as the loss of your loved one.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,547 TEXAS
679,062 OHIO
487,124 OKLAHOMA
432,131 UTAH
321,659 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024