Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: pappy1264] #200698
01/14/07 01:22 PM
01/14/07 01:22 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Also, at the beginning of this thread, there was talk about a 'tofu' version. Does anyone feed that? How do you mix that?

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: pappy1264] #200704
01/14/07 01:29 PM
01/14/07 01:29 PM
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
Agility Gliders- you said you use 1/8tsp per pair. I thought (as the directions said) that it is 1/8 tsp. per glider.

Pappy- Yes i use the tofu. I can't believe how much they love it!!!! At the store you can buy different textures of tofu. I buy the hardest one so that when I chop it up in my chopper it doesn't turn to mush. It actually has the consistency of chopped chicken, just alittle softer. The packages normally have 4 rows of Tofu, I think i used three rows. Just use however much it takes to make it a somehwat thick consistency and not too runny. But I make 1 recipe per mixture(all the ingredients for chicken, then another one with everything for eggs... and soo on.) It last longer if for only one recipe you add only one kind of thing(chicken,egg,tofu,and then a plain basic) especially if you have a lot of gliders it saves time by not having to make it as often.Give it a try you will probably have good results.

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: gliderboy4life] #200713
01/14/07 01:43 PM
01/14/07 01:43 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Someone had asked the question or stressed a concern about the vitamins being sprinkled on top. I tasted the vitamins and if I didn't know they were for sugar gliders I would probably take them myself laugh They are very tasty! Like you, I was leary about that also, but my two think they are a treat and they do lick the vits off to get to the food. I measure out 1/8 tsp and will lightly sprinkle it over the meal evenly.

I have been feeding this diet for almost a year now and there has never been a problem with them eating it. I do change it around (the way I serve it) occasionaly, just to keep their interest. It's cute, I have a microwave muffin dish that has 6 muffin holes, I will put their water, veggies, fruit, into each separate hole, and put 1/2 of the mixture in the other two(one frozen basic mix in a ice cube tray = 2 tbsp)
after it's defrosted I will mix in the egg or the chicken
At meal time they both will walk around the tray and check out "whats for dinner" then they each will stop off at the hole and nibble switch places until they both have gone all the way around the tray. By morning the only thing thats left are the little moonies tounge

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: LSardou] #200731
01/14/07 02:25 PM
01/14/07 02:25 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't see much difference in sprinkling a specified amount on the food or mixing a specific amount into the food. The gliders who eat the most will get the most supplement and vice versa.

It seems to me that vitamins that haven't been frozen in a food mix might be better.

Priscilla makes it easy - she mixes the supplement ingredients for you.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200739
01/14/07 02:36 PM
01/14/07 02:36 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree on the vitamins not being frozen. Freezing/heating/exposure to sunlight are all things that destroy vitamin potency.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: gliderboy4life] #200772
01/14/07 03:16 PM
01/14/07 03:16 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thank you, Tyler. I only have two (well, it will be three in March), so splitting the mix to add the chicken/eggs/tofu would work fine, I would think. I really think this diet will be the one that my guys will get in to! And as I said, it does not do them any good if they leave it in the dish and only eat the veggies/fruits/mealies, right?

Going to get all this stuff and see how they like it. Sure hope my two will work with me!!!

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200779
01/14/07 03:21 PM
01/14/07 03:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pappy,I don`t see why you couldn`t just smootie half the fruits/veggies and even leave the other half of them whole. in chunks so they can still have something to hold in their hands, as long as they`re still getting the amount called for.

As far as the tofu goes, personally, I wouldn`t want to make the mixture with this. I was using tofu when I first got my gliders but I stopped feeding it when I read something here on GC about tofu being bad for them. I can`t remember what it was about tofu but when I hear it once, I keep that in the back of my mind. I just wish I could remember why the tofu wasn`t much good for them. Of course I may be wrong about this but like I said, I read it from someone here so I just like to listen if something is not good or harmful to my babies.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200782
01/14/07 03:23 PM
01/14/07 03:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh ya, if I`m wrong about the tofu, someone please correct me. But if I`m right, someone please back me up here lol smile I`d like to know why it isn`t good for them.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200799
01/14/07 04:04 PM
01/14/07 04:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I found this link on GC's diets page link. About 1/2 way down is a segment on Tofu. It says it is a controversal subject when it comes to feeding it to gliders and provides 2 links. I can only read the first one but not the second. The first one talks about it in people and I can attest that it does cause some bad digestive problems in people as I can't have much of it at all. But then again, this has nothing specific on gliders in it.

http://www.angelfire.com/nb/sugarglider/dietc.html

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: Srlb] #200809
01/14/07 04:19 PM
01/14/07 04:19 PM
Long Island, NY
Gossamer Offline
Glider Slave
Gossamer  Offline
Glider Slave

Long Island, NY
I have Grissom on the suncoast diet. I didn't like the sprinkling of vitamins either. What suncoast suggested in their newsletter was to mix 1 teaspoon vitamins, 2 teaspon calcium in 32oz. of apple juice and freeze in ice cube trays. Grissom absolutely loves this and his bowl is empty every time. I don't know if freezing destroys potency or not - I'm more concerned with the calcium as he gets lots of vitamins between the zookeepers and fruits/veggies.

Last edited by Gossamer; 01/14/07 04:22 PM.

Jeannine

3 Cats (Spike, Kismet, Honeycat)
1 understanding Husband
1 WFB Neutered Glider boy - Grissom! (oop 8/7/06) :wfb:
1 BB Glider girl- Willows! (oop 1/7/07) :bb:
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: Gossamer] #200827
01/14/07 04:52 PM
01/14/07 04:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess I just don't understand, but what is the issue with sprinkling the vitamins on? I just don't understand it. dunno Since Priscilla's vitamins are made especially for gliders & her diet I would prefer to keep them at their proper protency level so that my glider doesn't become deficient in anything.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: pappy1264] #200844
01/14/07 05:34 PM
01/14/07 05:34 PM
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
Pappy- I think i said earlier that when I make mine I find best that if you want them to eat it all I put everything in a food chopper and chop it up. It makes the mix runny and flavors all the food. I leave little chunk in there so it isn't smoothy and they can still hold on to stuff. I find this makes them not become picky.

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200849
01/14/07 05:37 PM
01/14/07 05:37 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is the apple juice water down 50/50

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200850
01/14/07 05:40 PM
01/14/07 05:40 PM
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
Yes, that would work. At least that's what I do.

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200859
01/14/07 05:54 PM
01/14/07 05:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I purchased my gliders from Priscilla and as far as the vitamins, you are supposed to put 1/8 tsp per glider. It only says that if you purchase the vitamins from her.

~Ive~

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #200872
01/14/07 06:11 PM
01/14/07 06:11 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
I guess I just don't understand, but what is the issue with sprinkling the vitamins on? I just don't understand it.

The problem with sprinkling vitamins is most people do not follow directions nor know the exact amount they are supposed to use. Therefore you are taking the chance of either giving too much or not enough, both can be harmful for your glider.

Quote:
I purchased my gliders from Priscilla and as far as the vitamins, you are supposed to put 1/8 tsp per glider. It only says that if you purchase the vitamins from her.

Unlike most, it seems like P tells you how much to give, which is good. I have to say I really do have a LOT of respect for P. I have nothing but good things to say about her and her set up at home.

I just want people to understand if you are choosing a diet that calls for you to sprinkle vitamins to make sure you do so with the CORRECT amount, not too much, not too little, so your glider remains as healthy as possible.

Hope that clears up the question about the concern I have with it. thumb

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: Srlb] #200889
01/14/07 06:51 PM
01/14/07 06:51 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
It all sounds so interesting and I have seen Linda's gliders, Sam and Choco and they are absolutely GORGOUS! (spoiled too)

I run into one slight problem...currently I have 35 gliders to feed. At $40 per year per glider, that is $117 per month just for the vitamins!

Produce is very expensive here as well and hard to get a decent variety in the winter time.

I guess for now I best stick with what I'm doing...

Oh I do sometimes envy all you with only 2-4 gliders!

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: Srlb] #200890
01/14/07 06:53 PM
01/14/07 06:53 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definately does Peg! I had the same concern when I first started looking into P's diet. But when I realized that there was a set amount to be sprinkled, my mind was at ease. thumb

Here is the info you wanted about Tofu (soy products) - you'll have to scroll down - http://www.sugarglider.net/ubbthreads/ub...age=1#Post69759

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: Srlb] #200894
01/14/07 06:59 PM
01/14/07 06:59 PM
Orlando/Kissimmee Florida
A
agilitygliders Offline
Glider Slave
agilitygliders  Offline
Glider Slave
A

There is a big diff between the Suncoast Vits and the Pet Glider vits.They are not eating it off the fruits and veggies because the vitamins are super bitter so you have to hide the taste somehow. I suggest you keep them on their present diet since you can actually mix your vitamins in with you proteins.

When you feed their mealies, crickets, yogurt, chicken just sprinkle the vits on there. That should hide the taste pretty well.

This is a wonderful diet that I have been super please with for a really long time. But unless your gliders are just not wanting to eat their present diets anymore do not switch them just because most of us on this thread are using it. My gliders would not eat the other diets that I tried with them so I had to switch.

Just keep that in mind guys.

Billy Rodriguez Jr.

Delfuego Kennels in Sunny Florida
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: agilitygliders] #201913
01/16/07 04:03 PM
01/16/07 04:03 PM
Central Connecticut
BCChins Offline
Glider Addict
BCChins  Offline
Glider Addict

Central Connecticut
I was wondering if you can buy a large can of the frozen OJ and thaw it ~ measure out portions and refreeze it for using the next time. I would just cut it with a knife frozen but I would think it needs to be shaken to distribute the ing evenly. I am also going to lok for the small containers at the store but have yet to find them. So it would end up being refrozen 2 times as when you make this diet you freeze it in portions.

Thank You

Last edited by BCChins; 01/16/07 04:04 PM.

Have a Good Day
Brenda &
Mr. Magoo

Friendly Reminder please have an e-collar ready before you need it......
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: BCChins] #202027
01/16/07 06:23 PM
01/16/07 06:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can just divide the oj evenly while frozen. It doesn't need to be shaken in concentrated form.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #202080
01/16/07 08:31 PM
01/16/07 08:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ok, I just recently switched from P's to BML bc I was hoping my gliders' coats would improve (they had been looking "piecy")

I have to say, I personally liked P's diet better, although it was a little confusing to me. I read about three different versions of her diet, all written by her.

Maybe I had been mixing the diet proportions up wrong the whole time.

Reading this thread has made my mind spin and given me a headache, LOL! I guess I'll read the thread a few more times to see if I can straighten things out. I would like to switch back to P's soon.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #202098
01/16/07 08:57 PM
01/16/07 08:57 PM
A
agilitygliders Offline
Glider Slave
agilitygliders  Offline
Glider Slave
A

Let me know if you need help over the phone and I will clear any confusion that you have on this.

Why would you want to improve coat quality? I have never heard that before with gliders?

Billy Rodriguez Jr.

Delfuego Kennels in Sunny Florida
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: agilitygliders] #202253
01/17/07 12:43 AM
01/17/07 12:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I figured the quality of the coat reflected the quality of the diet (whether or not they were receiving the proper amounts of vitamins/nutrition). Isn't that how it is with other animals, like dogs?

My confusions with her recipe:

When I got my gliders from her a few years ago, the diet read that you were suppose to divide the batch into 3 portions adding 3 eggs to one, 3/4 lb chicken to the next, and leave the third plain for mealies and yogurt. Then I read the recipe now, and it says to divide it into 2 portions adding 3 eggs to one and 3/4 lb chicken to the other. Mine have never really liked the chicken batch...maybe because it used to be divided into 3 portions instead of the two now...that was a lot of chicken for such a small portion. I never divided into portions....I made one batch all eggs (with the original recipe..3 portions..that would be a total of 9 eggs), one all chicken (2 1/4 lbs chicken...3/4 lb X 3), and one plain.

Quote:
Presentation:

25 oz unsweetened applesauce

4 oz Dannon non-fat plain yogurt

3 oz concentrated calcium fortified orange juice, no water added

3/4 c Old Fashioned Oats (NO QUICK COOKING OATS)

1 T fresh ground flax seed or wheat germ, refrigerated

In a large mixing bowl, with a wooden spoon, mix the applesauce, oats, yogurt, wheat germ and orange juice. Divide into two equal portions. To portion one, add: 3 small or medium eggs, scrambled. To portion two, add: 3/4 lb unseasoned, unsalted, broiled shredded chicken.

Add 3/4 cup various chopped or precut fruits and vegetables to each portion. Freeze flat in quart size freezer bags (1/2" or less thick). If you choose to use pre-cut frozen produce, do not use vegetables which have a high ratio of corn.

Feeding schedule should be:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday: Basic Mix

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: Basic Mix Plus Mealworms (about 20 per glider

Are the chicken and egg batches considered the basic mix since her recipe doesn't call for a "plain" batch anymore?

I do like the idea that was brought up about blending the fruits and veggies bc there was never an equal amount in each cube.

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #202273
01/17/07 01:04 AM
01/17/07 01:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is an e-mail correspondence I had with her about how much fruits and veggies were suppose to go in the mixture.
Quote:

Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2005 10:58 PM
To: thepetglider@thepetglider.com
Subject: diet

Priscilla,

I've been looking on Glider Central at your diet, and people have confused me. This is how I've been making it. Please correct me if it's wrong.

25 oz Unsweetened Applesauce
3/4 c Old Fashioned Oats
4 oz Dannon Non-Fat Plain Yogurt
1T Wheat Germ, refrigerated
3 oz Concentrated Calcium Fortified Orange Juice, no water added

(This is the part I'm confused with: Do you add 3/4c fruits and 3/4c veggies to the whole mixture or to each portion. I've been adding it to the whole mixture before I portion it out.
I already have 4 batches made and frozen in my freezer. Do I need to add extra fruits and veggies each night?)

In a large mixing bowl, with a wooden spoon, mix the applesauce, oats, yogurt, wheat germ, and orange juice. Divide this mix into 3 equal portions.

To portion 1, add: 3 small or medium eggs, scrambled

To portion 2, add: 3/4 lb unseasoned, unsalted, broiled shredded chicken (I BAKE mine because I don't know how you broil it)

To portion 3: Leave plain for mealies

Quote:
Hi Jasmine,

You are correct, you add it to the whole mixture. I’m sending you copies of our care and diet sheets for some different variations.

We make such large amounts of food that I really have to stop and think about the smaller recipes.

Priscilla

Edit to add: I can also e-mail you two different diet care sheets she e-mailed to me.

Like I said, I will be using her diet again very soon, but before I do...I need to make sure I have everything straight. smile

Last edited by DCMuffin; 12/13/11 06:18 PM. Reason: Edited email
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #202331
01/17/07 03:39 AM
01/17/07 03:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would you be so kind as to forward the copies for care and diet tha P sent you...if not, we'll pm ourselves...thanks

Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #202395
01/17/07 11:30 AM
01/17/07 11:30 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
I've used Pricilla's diet from day 1 & heart it- as do all my babies

Here's another thread that was started -

http://www.sugarglider.net/ubbthreads/ub...;gonew=1#UNREAD

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #202399
01/17/07 11:41 AM
01/17/07 11:41 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
JazzyJ, can you send those to me? I am going to switch to this diet, as the BML and PML (over the last 6 months have both bombed here). You can email me at pappy1264@yahoo.com Thank you so very much!

Mary
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: pappy1264] #202407
01/17/07 12:16 PM
01/17/07 12:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

e-mail sent Mary and Kris

Last edited by JazzyJ; 01/17/07 12:58 PM.
Re: Wanna hear about Pricilla's Diet [Re: ] #202700
01/17/07 09:57 PM
01/17/07 09:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JazzyJ could you forward those on to us as well please

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 378 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,600 TEXAS
679,086 OHIO
487,178 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,703 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024