Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... #232515
03/11/07 02:17 PM
03/11/07 02:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I`m thinking about trying this diet with some of my picky boogers. I`ve read up on this diet but I`m confused about the amount to be fed and a question about fruits and veggies.

First of all, all of the fruits, veggies and protein are all mixed into the mixture, correct? I read that people offer ONLY 1 Tbsp of the whole mixture per glider. Now this sounds like it`s not enough food for them for the night. If you look at the BML diet, ZK, PML, Darcy`s etc. They usual get 1 Tbsp fruit & 1 Tbsp veggie & 1 Tbsp Meat, egg(for some diets) AND another full Tbsp of the staple. This is a lot of food and I feel they`d be starving with only 1 Tbsp of the Pricilla`s mixture. Can someone please explain this to me?

And my next question. I use all frozen fruit and veggies. If I mix these into the mixture, the fruit and veggies are bound to thaw some before the mixture freezes in the freezer. Will this hurt anything? I know freeze and refreeze aren`t good things to do but I do know this must happen also when making the fruit smoothies which calls for bagged frozen fruit. I`m wondering if it`s ok to do this with fruit and veggies (I know you can`t do this with raw meat unless you cook the meat first.

Thanks for any help thanks

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #232520
03/11/07 02:35 PM
03/11/07 02:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I usually feed about 1 1/2 Tbsp per glider (one cube) I tried putting 2 cubes in per glider, and there was a TON left over.

I haven't had a problem with the fruits and veggies. for no longer than they are out of the freezer, there isn't much time for them to defrost really. But I put them in very last and then immediately start dishing out into ice cube trays

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #232531
03/11/07 02:49 PM
03/11/07 02:49 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
North_Nocturne Offline
Glider Lover
North_Nocturne  Offline
Glider Lover

Cincinnati, Ohio
I feed the goop separate from the fruits/veg and I know a lot of other people do, too. My boys get one tablespoon each of the goop, a big serving of fruits and vegetables in a separate section of their dish, and I hand-feed their protein.

Elizabeth
gliders. Nocturne & Lark
Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: North_Nocturne] #232539
03/11/07 03:03 PM
03/11/07 03:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I keep the fruits, vegetables, and protein seperate as well because I like to give a different variety each night. And each glider gets a Tbs of the 'goop' and then the fruit, veggies, and protein as well.

There is never leftover 'goop', but I usually have a few leftover fruits and veggies. This tells me that they got enough to eat!

HTH thumb

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: North_Nocturne] #232545
03/11/07 03:10 PM
03/11/07 03:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't put mine in ice cube trays. I place it in a Gallon size bag not quart. Then I freeze it for a bit, till it's hard enough to stay solid but soft enough to cut. I then cut the bag away from the mix and then I cut them in to cubes. From there I put those into another back and I feed about one of those cubes per glider. I mix the fruit and everything in there. I also but some jimacha (sp) on the side with maybe some collard greens (cause they don't freeze well) and some squash. I find that if I do that they don't seem hungry. Plus I leave the cereal out along with monkey biscuits.

Also meal worms... I spoke to her about that... you can feed them every night but if you do so every night (like for bonding tools) you want to feed way less. Like 2 or 3 them jumbo ones. The smaller ones 4 to 5. *shrug* HTH's with the mealie question.

If anyone has any questions or would like the diet e mailed to them just send me a PM and I'll e mail them to you.

they are both word files that goes over the stuff in the diet.

Take care all be safe and thanks so much!

Christa

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #232560
03/11/07 03:49 PM
03/11/07 03:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmm from the way it sounds, there`s really no "set" amount to feed them as long as their little tummies are full, right? So if I fed the fruit, veggies separately, they should get about 1 Tbsp of the goop per glider along with no set amount of veggies and fruit on the side. If I do add them to the mixture, then I should feed approx. 1 1/2 Tbsp per glider and go from there. If all`s gone in the morning, I should offer them more of "whatever" until there`s just a little left in the morning so I know they got their share. The only thing that`s really a "set" amount would be the mealies.

If I`ve misunderstood any of this, please correct me before I go for it. I haven`t ordered the vitamins yet but I did buy all the ingredients to make it. I figure I`ll make it first and give them all just a sample of this stuff to make sure they like it before I order the vitamins. I`m just being cautious this time because I`ve been through every diet in the book and they won`t all agree on one.

Wish us all luck and prayers may even be needed lol roflmao

Thank you all so much for your help mlove

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #232573
03/11/07 04:05 PM
03/11/07 04:05 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
I feed per glider 1 Tablespoon of the basic mix (goop), 1 Tablespoon of fruits, 1 Tablespoon of veggies and then 1 Tablespoon of a protien source. I rarely have a little goop left over, and a few pieces of fruits/veggies (usually the green beans, lmbo).

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: BeckiT] #232575
03/11/07 04:11 PM
03/11/07 04:11 PM
Homestead, FL
M
myangelbear77 Offline
Glider Slave
myangelbear77  Offline
Glider Slave
M

Homestead, FL
I mix it all together minus the yogurt - I use pre frosen fruits and veggies that I make myself (cutting and mixing) I fed one heapin tsp per glider and there are leftovers... I feed the yogurt on the side as well.

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: myangelbear77] #232581
03/11/07 04:29 PM
03/11/07 04:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow, sounds like the amounts really vary! Beckit, you feed a total of 4 Tbsp of food per glider, and Myangelbear feeds 1 heaping tsp. This is kind of confusing lol, so I guess it all depends on our gliders and how much they eat, right?

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #232593
03/11/07 04:54 PM
03/11/07 04:54 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mix everything together. For variety, I make sure that the fruits and veggies in each protien mix are different.

Example:

Chicken mix: green beans, carrots, mango, apple

Egg mix: brussel sprouts, peas, peaches, papaya

Plain mix: zucchini, peppers, melon, pears

So, they get different fruits and veggies every night - and my guys always clean their plates.

At first, I thought it wasn't enough food either, but I tried to feed more & they just leave it. I figure it must have something to do with the oats - maybe they expand in their tummies & make tham full? I dunno, but my kiddo love this stuff, and I feel good about feeding it.

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #232602
03/11/07 05:23 PM
03/11/07 05:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gina, where did this plain mix come in? I read about dividing the mixture into 2 parts where one gets egg and one gets chicken. How are they getting protein with the plain mix? Now I`m even more confused and here I am in the process of making the first batches LOL! I hope I don`t screw this up. Maybe you feed mealies with the plain batch? But I thought you feed mealies with either the egg portion or the chicken portion. dunno

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #232605
03/11/07 05:29 PM
03/11/07 05:29 PM
Tarpon Springs, FL
mattysmom Offline
Glider Guardian
mattysmom  Offline
Glider Guardian

Tarpon Springs, FL
If you go to www.thepetglider.com, it has the exact diet under "nutrition system." I just looked and there's no plain mix mentioned. I feed this diet and make one half with eggs and and one half with chicken. Varied fruit/veggies are in both halves. I just freeze it in ziplock bags and let it thaw a few minutes then break/cut it into pieces. Mine gobble it up.

Moira & Matty & my zoo
Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: mattysmom] #232626
03/11/07 06:15 PM
03/11/07 06:15 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
the plain mix gets fed on mealie nights, but I have picky little brats that prefer fresh eggs and chicken, so I just use the plain every night and add in the protein seperately..

Moira, there is a newer sheet that just was done in Jan of this year that has the plain mix wink

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: BeckiT] #232629
03/11/07 06:25 PM
03/11/07 06:25 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone please tell me if I did this right? I just finished making up the batches of egg and chicken and the chicken part used about 2 boneless chicken breasts and when I mixed it in, it`s like, mostly chicken lol! I hope this is how it`s supposed to be. If it is, I don`t think I`l have any problems getting Nicky to eat it LOL! Please let me know quick roflmao

Becki, where can we see this new sheet? I`d love to see it.

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #235085
03/15/07 03:46 AM
03/15/07 03:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mix everything together and then serve the equivalant of 1.5-2 Tbs of mix (what fits in my icecube trays). I've found that with this amount he leaves just a tad left.

I've always wondered about how much the other diets feed. Sure seems a lot when their bellies are no bigger than our thumbnails.

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #235110
03/15/07 07:07 AM
03/15/07 07:07 AM
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
Hi,
I think I may be best to answer your question as I work for be and feed her gliders as well as mine. This diet doesn't have set amounts like BML. Poeple who use or are familiar with it feel the neeed to use a certain amount. Really just figure out your glider. Keep increasing or decreasing the amount of food each night until only a little bit is left over.

Depending on how many gliders you have you can freeze the mix into bags nighlty. So if you have less than 10 use a snack size baggy and scoop however much your gliders eat into the bag and freeze. I use containers to seperate my 3 mixtures. Each mixture(chicken, egg, and plain) has different food in each one. I then feed one night chicken next night egg next night plain so they do get different fruits and veggies each night.

Mixing everything together is your BEST option, especially for those picky eaters. I use a food processor/chopper to chop up the chicken/fruits/veggies/and eggs so they cant pick through it. I don't make it runny but I leave small, very small,chunks for them to pick up, but not big enough for them to say No I don't want this.

Hope it helps!!! feel free to email me at gliderboygliders@aol.com for any questions you may hvae.

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #235232
03/15/07 12:12 PM
03/15/07 12:12 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio
North_Nocturne Offline
Glider Lover
North_Nocturne  Offline
Glider Lover

Cincinnati, Ohio
Originally Posted By: Cosmo
I've always wondered about how much the other diets feed. Sure seems a lot when their bellies are no bigger than our thumbnails.

Remember that because of the way gliders eat the bulk of the food doesn't reach their stomach so it probably takes longer than you'd think for them to get full. Last night Nocturne was eating a chunk of dried papaya on my desk and after I put him back in the cage and turned up the lights I discovered tiny pink crescents scattered everywhere.

Elizabeth
gliders. Nocturne & Lark
Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: North_Nocturne] #235571
03/15/07 10:03 PM
03/15/07 10:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yeah our gliders are little juicers. hehe. They spit half the food back out again, when they get what they need out of it.

I have tried BML, PML, Darcy's.. and The Pet Glider diet, and The Pet Glider is definitely the glider's favorite. I love how natural it is.. not gross or chalky, etc..

My kids don't seem to like the egg mixture, so I do all chicken instead, with a few mealies every night, instead of a ton of them a couple times a week, mealies are hand fed here, mostly.

I put the veggies in the mix, and the chicken. but the fruits I feed fresh. And occasionally, a new veggie fresh here and there too, just for variety. They get bored with things, so fast, but they always eat the mix. (goo?) lol.

I freeze mine in bags too, and just break off chunks for their bowls, I don't measure exact amounts out, ...but just put in what I know they'll eat.

Anyone ever have complaints about how MESSY they are with it though? (My only complaint, lol). But if they're happy, I'll clean up after them. ohwell lol.

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #235619
03/15/07 10:54 PM
03/15/07 10:54 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
mine love Priscilla's diet as well, and I agree it's messy... Wiggles and Willow have decided they don't like to eat in their kitchen either, so Wiggles sits in it and hands the food out to Willow (because they couldn't fit the bowls out the hole -- they tried! lol) and she piles it up and then they eat and make everything all sticky, lol...

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: BeckiT] #235757
03/16/07 02:07 AM
03/16/07 02:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just got a wide flat dish - actually it was the bottom of a butter stick holder - and he spreads it out on that but doesn't spread it out further than that.

As to the glider that doesn't like the egg mixture - I actually combined the egg & chicken together into the batches. I also make sure my eggs are very fine textured. I scramble them with some water and mix and mix and mix while they are cooking up. The more they are mixed the finer they are. My boy doesn't notice them anymore.

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #235781
03/16/07 03:19 AM
03/16/07 03:19 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Becki, lol.. that sounds hilarious, lol. roflmao

I'll have to figure out something with mine. Bubba (Versai) likes to hang upside down from the top of the cage and eat a bit chunk of it, flipping little pieces EVERYwhere. And my other three aren't any cleaner, lol.

I should try glider kitchens, but I'm afraid my brats wouldn't use them properly either, lol.

Good idea on the egg. Maybe I should blend it or something? I just notice the egg flavor even.. makes them like the mix less, along WITH the egg. They'll eat it fresh once in a while though. (not often though, lol).

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #236755
03/17/07 07:18 PM
03/17/07 07:18 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi all wave

wow, I haven`t been on GC in a few days and I can`t believe all the responses I missed lol

I tried giving samples of this to my babies and it was a big FLOP! I wonder if I may have messed it up so I hope you all can help me out. As I mentioned, I made 1 portion of chicken and one of egg BUT I`m wondering if this recipe has changed or what. This is the recipe directions I followed:

In a large mixing bowl, with a wooden spoon, mix the applesauce, oats, yogurt, wheat germ and orange juice. Divide into two equal portions. To portion one, add: 3 small or medium eggs, scrambled. To portion two, add: 3/4 lb unseasoned, unsalted, broiled shredded chicken

So this sounds like you make one portion which turns into 2 once you divide it in half, correct?? Well, someone had PM`d me on this and the recipe she gave me said that you make the WHOLE batch PER Protein source, meaning, once you mix the ingredients, you add the 3/4 lb of chicken breast to that WHOLE portion. THEN you make another portion to add the eggs to, and another portion to leave plain and another to add tofu to.

Can someone clear this up with me?? If the recipe has changed, where is it? And I`m also wondering how many people make it the way I did and how many people make it the other way and which is the right way?? I think I`m more confused than when I first started LOL!!

Like I said, my chicken portion turned out really thick and I imagine that may be why they didn`t like it, 5 hated it, and 1 liked it. And NO ONE liked the egg batch. I haven`t heard of any gliders disliking this diet yet but mine!! Grrrr LOL....help......

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #236764
03/17/07 07:30 PM
03/17/07 07:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

try blending the chicken and egg into the applesauce first. Mine seem to like it better that way. when i make it, i use 6 eggs instead of splitting up the batch, then i mix up another batch using 1 1/2 lbs of chicken I am guessing that you didn't use enough protein.... and you really need to use the vitamins to make sure they are getting everything out of the diet

Last edited by Laura_Leigh; 03/17/07 07:32 PM. Reason: added how I make my batches
Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #236774
03/17/07 07:47 PM
03/17/07 07:47 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
Denise, how much applesauce does the batch you're making call for??

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: BeckiT] #236825
03/17/07 09:29 PM
03/17/07 09:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It called for 25 oz. applesauce. I followed the directions on P`s site. I mixed all ingredients, cut in half and added 3/4 chicken breast (shredded in a food processor) to the one half and the 3 eggs to the other half. Was I right or wrong?

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #236838
03/17/07 09:41 PM
03/17/07 09:41 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
I've been using one that called for 25 oz. applesauce, but I consider that bowl with the 25 oz. to be 1 portion, and that's what I add either the chicken or the eggs too.. the reason I asked was that I've also seen a batch that calls for 100 oz. of applesauce, and I'm betting that that's the one that you're supposed to make and split in 2 and then add your stuff in..

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: BeckiT] #236867
03/17/07 10:23 PM
03/17/07 10:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I figured there was only one way to make the PP diet lol....this is the one I used Here and it calls for 25 oz. and it says to divide the mixture in half, add chicken to one half and egg to the other.

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #237677
03/19/07 12:19 AM
03/19/07 12:19 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Denise, that's the one I use too. It's right off of Pricsilla Price's site (the founder of The Pet Glider diet), so I would say that's about as 'right' as you can get. hehe.

But I agree that if you're going to feed the diet, you really need to purchase the vitamins too, they're awesome.

Mine hate the egg batch too, so next time I make mine up, I might blend my eggs too. (Do you guys who blend them, blend them wet and add them in, or scramble them and blend them after they're scrambled eggs? :P).

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: ] #237712
03/19/07 01:00 AM
03/19/07 01:00 AM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
I scramble mine, let them cool and then blend them up until it's really small so they can't pick it out, lol

Re: New questions about Pricilla`s diet.... [Re: BeckiT] #237728
03/19/07 01:17 AM
03/19/07 01:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Scramble them - whipping them the whole time they cook which breaks them up finer, then let them cool and mix in.

Another thing you can try is making a batch that contains both egg and chicken. My boy likes the combo batch for a change. You just add 1/2 the egg and 1/2 the chicken to the basic of what would equal one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,551 TEXAS
679,068 OHIO
487,134 OKLAHOMA
432,138 UTAH
321,663 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024