Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My baby is gone.. #2458
09/01/01 04:32 AM
09/01/01 04:32 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

My baby Tobias died in my hands tonight. I just dont know what to do with myself. The tears wolnt stop. I came home gave them their food (he has a twin brother Maximus) When I went to the cage Tobias looked sad and I took him out with the pouch he was laying on. He rested on my cheast which he never does. He was actually spread eagle. Slowly he stoped moving each limb. He started doing what looked like dry heaves where his tummy would move and he would move his mouth. Then he started biting down on my shirt. I called the emergency vet immediately and she told me to bring him in but as she was telling me where they were (my normal vet was away) he stopped breathing. I told the woman on the phone this and she told me how to do cpr. I blew gently into his mouth and nose and felt his lifeless body fill with air but he didnt start breathing. He wasnt moving and his body started getting stiff..I just started bawling. I dont konw what happened. He was eating good. He was jumping around the cage yesterday. He was healthy. I fed him a good diet of fruit veggies leadbeaters and inscets..either crickets or mealworms. I dont think he was choaking cause he hadne eaten yet..God what happened..Now im more scared of what will happen to his brother because ive heard stories that they can get very lonely and die as well. I feel so bad and sad..I dont know what to do with myself. Im about to go burry him in a park with lots of trees so he can feel free..I hope he knows how much i love him and how sorry I am. I dont konw if this was my fault or not but I cant help but think it is..If anyone has any advice or anything please let me know..Thanks for listening =..( <BR>Jazmine

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2459
09/01/01 05:15 AM
09/01/01 05:15 AM
Willard, Mo. USA
kb2e Offline
Glider Slave
kb2e  Offline
Glider Slave

Willard, Mo. USA
So Sorry for your loss.<P>------------------<BR>Kathy

Kathy
God Bless America
RIP Sneakers\Abby\Pepe\Missy/Shelby/Buddy
Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2460
09/01/01 05:31 AM
09/01/01 05:31 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Jazmine...<P>I am so sorry for your loss. I had a cat pass away the very same way and it broke my heart in 2.<P>There isn't a whole lot I can say to you to ease your pain, but you and your little man are in my prayers. I am truly sorry.<P>Love,<BR>Mare []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2461
09/01/01 07:17 AM
09/01/01 07:17 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Jaz I am so very sorry for your loss I know exactly what you are going threw I lost my bleoved Rose Last week on the 22nd although she duied at the hands of a stupid vet she was perfectly healthy , But All I can tell you is just make y=sure then enxt week and or more you give max all the attention you can , Jack was always with rose never apart and he is still kinda sad from time to time for his love but him and I spend all our waking moments together and alot of his sleepin moments tooo .. I am sorry that is the only advice i have to give<BR><P>------------------<BR>My deepest warmth for my Gliders,<BR>Marsha

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2462
09/01/01 08:47 AM
09/01/01 08:47 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Thanks guys. Ive only slept a few hours. I still have to go put him to rest today. Ill be home just keeping a close eye on max. Your support is much needed. This was the first thing I looked at when I woke up and it did help a bit. Thanks for the prayers..<BR>Jazmine

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2463
09/01/01 09:07 AM
09/01/01 09:07 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Jazmine, PLEASE consider taking him to a vet and getting a necropsy done. This sounds similar to other deaths recently and you could be helping out a LOT of other gliders and glider owners with the results. <P>------------------<BR>Lucy

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: Anonymous] #2464
09/01/01 09:54 AM
09/01/01 09:54 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I am not sure what I can do. I dont mind taking him for the surgery if it would help other gliders, but my vet is gone for the next three days and there are no other exotic vets in my area..Does anyone have any suggestions.

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2465
09/01/01 10:10 AM
09/01/01 10:10 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Jaz...<P>I know this sounds morbid, and I really don't even like posting this but you could keep him in your fridge. Not the freezer as it can damage soft tissue and then it wouldn't tell a vet anything. I think it is wonderful that you are willing to have a necropsy done. This very well could help save another gliders life, possibly even Max's since you don't know what caused Tobias' death. Again, I am so sorry for your loss, and I will keep you and your gliders in my thoughts.<P>Love,<BR>Mare []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2466
09/01/01 10:32 AM
09/01/01 10:32 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I dont mind keeping him for the next few days, but I called the vet and they said that they probably wouldnt be able to tell anything after that amount of time. But ill just wait till then and find out for sure. Im not sure how im going to do it because as of tuesday im in school and work all day, but ill figure something out. thanks..

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2467
09/01/01 02:26 PM
09/01/01 02:26 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I am sorry for your loss. You and your gliders are in our thoughts and prayers.

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2468
09/02/01 11:02 AM
09/02/01 11:02 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Im sorry about what happened.But the best thing to do is not to think about it. That's what i did when my dog died. I have had hampsters and irds die after i have had them for about 2 or 3 years.One of my hampsters lived to be 6 . ANd thats what i did is not think about it. Just be glad you didn't lose a dog or a leg or something. I was upset when my birdand hampsters died but when my dog died i was devistated.If i were you i would begin to pay alot more attetion to what you are feeding your other sg. I read that if the insects are still alive when it gets into the animals stomach it can live up to 8 hours and they can eat there way out of a small animals stomach due to the lack of acad in their stomach.Thats what happened to my bird when i was a kid i feed it a babie w

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2469
09/02/01 04:26 PM
09/02/01 04:26 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I Am With You Always! To Those I Love and Those Who Love Me<P>When i am gone, realease me, let me go.<BR>I have so many things to see and do.<BR>you mustn't tie yourself to me with tears.<BR>Be happy that we had so many years.<P>I gave you my love, you can only guess,<BR>how much you gave to me in happiness.<BR>I thank you for the love you each have shown,<BR>but now it's time I traveled on alone.<P>So grieve awhile for me if grieve you must.<BR>Then let your grief be comforted by trust.<BR>It's only for awhile that we must part,<BR>so bless the memories within you heart.<P>I won't be far away, for life goes on.<BR>So if you need me, call and I will come.<BR>Though you can't see or touch me, I'll be near<BR>And if you listen with you heart, you'll hear<BR>all of my love around you soft and clear.<P>And then, when you must come this way alone,<BR>I'll greet you with a smile and "welcome home".<P> ...Anonymous<P>You and your family will be in my prayers...i'm so sorry for your loss.<p>[This message has been edited by Rebelchikk (edited 09-02-2001).]

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2470
09/03/01 11:15 PM
09/03/01 11:15 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I burried Tobias today. He rests in a beautiful garden. I put him in a basket and when i was about to say goodbye I thought that I should place a flower in the basket. All of a sudden one of those fuzzy seeds came flying in the air and basically landed on the basket. It was so beautiful. My mom told me it was a milkweed seed. I placed it in his basket and put another flower in it as well. I was told that milkeweed is the soul diet of the monarch butterfly. I just kept picturing that next year their would be a milkweed plant where tobias is burried. and thinking that if you could look under the earth you would see the roots of the plant sprouting out of this little purple basket. I am not too sure about what happens to us when we die. But one thing I do know is that we are all energy, and energy can not be created or destroyed. So Im hoping that tobias's energy is now in the earth, giving life to plants and food to the butterflies that nourish on the nector of the milkweed. I told him that he is now free, to go play in the trees above. I put him at the base of many trees so he could play and have fun. Its amazing how something so little can touch your heart so deep. Thank you all for your support. I now shall dry my tears and hope for many smiles with my other boy..maximus..<BR>love<BR>Jazmine..<P>------------------<BR>Jessica smile (The worried mommie)<BR>Maximus :o (The crazy, sweet, exploring, houdini)<BR>Tobias :o (The loving, cranky, shy, baby)

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2471
09/04/01 10:24 AM
09/04/01 10:24 AM
USA
BMXgirl Offline
Serious Glideritis
BMXgirl  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Im so very sorry about Tobias.<P>What you wrote is beautiful....it made me cry. You may very well get some little milk weeds sprout up []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif[/]<P><BR>I buried a beloved little family member named Bug in Sept. of last year....I had decorated his little grave with tiny pumpkins for fall....about a month-month and a half ago, a strange plant sprouted up beside his grave....we finally figured out it was a pumpkin plant!! Ive been taking pictures of it at different stages. It gets these beautiful orangy colored blooms all over it and has completely covered the flowerbed and his little tombstone now. Im hoping we'll get some little pumpkins from it! Its so strange too because I could never grow anything, Ive always tried but the plants always die (I think I try too hard), but this pumpkin plant has gone crazy! I think its Bug's plant! You very well might have milkweeds sprout up!! Tobias is still here, in your heart, and like you said energy just doesnt go away....<P>Take care...Give little Maximus lots of TLC! Again, I am truly sorry. Hugs to you.... []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif[/]

www.GlidersUncensored.com
(Glider Anatomy, Info, & a wee bit of fun.)
Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2472
09/04/01 10:56 PM
09/04/01 10:56 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I am so sorry for your loss its very hard to let someone you love so much go, I hope you find peace. Alisha does the same thing she looks like she has the hiccups sometimes she looks like she wants to throw something up but the vet said she was healthy and she acts very healty but now I am concerned<BR>again Im truly sorry

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2473
09/05/01 02:32 PM
09/05/01 02:32 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I had a plack racer once for 2 years it died of poisoning from a tree frog... I dug a whole and place a small oak tree on it. When i put thr tree it stood 4" But when i moved a year later it was 3' something it grew so fast... I called her Snakems. <P>Jazmine... Im very sorry for your loss and the pain u have gone throught when losing your glider. When belle dies i pland on burring her und a big tree that has little yellow flowers in spring....<P>But hopefully i wont have to come to that in many years. I hope that max will blossom in your bounty of love and care for him.<P>belles []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/blush.gif[/] Slave

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2474
09/05/01 04:05 PM
09/05/01 04:05 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I am so sorry to hear about Tobias passing I lost 2 horses in 3 months i was devistated so i know how u feel <P>From: Shane,Gizmo and Stripe

Re: My baby is gone.. [Re: ] #2475
09/28/01 10:41 AM
09/28/01 10:41 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Hey Jazmine,<BR>I just lost my baby Gizmo yesterday so I know exactly how you must feel. I am soo sorry for you loss, and know that you are in our prayers.

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 155 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,547 TEXAS
679,062 OHIO
487,124 OKLAHOMA
432,131 UTAH
321,659 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024