Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
History of a Self Mutilator #303105
06/01/07 09:54 AM
06/01/07 09:54 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Mareki has been a Self Mutilator for over a year now cry It all started in January, 2006 when I discovered a small wound on her left patagium. It is unknown whether that initial wound was self-incurred or came from some sharp object within the cage (which I was never able to find, even with using a cotton ball going over every millimeter of the cage shakehead ) Treatment included topical and oral antibiotics, pain meds and an e-collar.

After treatment and subsequent healing, in June, 2006 I discovered that the left patagium was again opened up, in the same area (I did not take a picture of that wound). Unbeknownst to me, Self Mutilation had begun cry I simply believed that the old wound had not completely healed and had reopened. Treatment included topical and oral antibiotics, pain meds and an e-collar. Once again, the wound appeared to heal completely within a few weeks of the onset of treatment.

Then, in October, 2006 I discovered yet another wound on the left patagium. This time, it was quite extensive and was obvious that it was Self Mutilation. Upon discussion with Bourbon, I decided to take Mareki to a well-known sugar glider vet in Columbus, Ohio even though it was a three hour drive away. Upon examination, Dr. Donald Burton found another wound, much smaller, on the right patagium. This was further evidence of the fact that this was Self Mutilation, since the wounds were bilaterally located. Treatment was begun with application of a topical solution called Synotic, which is a solvent, to prevent granulation and scar-tissue from building on the wound margins. One of the side-effects of this solution is a strong, instantaneous garlic flavor in the glider's mouth. As a result, no e-collar was necessary to prevent Mareki from continuing to attack her wounds. In addition, a special oral medication was formulated by Dr. Burton which included the solvent, an antibiotic and an anti-inflammatory. C&S results showed a strain of staph infection. Another antibiotic was prescribed. Also, the wound was flushed twice daily with sterile saline solution and SSD ointment was applied. Healing took several weeks, but did finally occur.

In January, 2007, both patagiums were again Self Mutilated, although not as extensively as the previous wound. Treatment again included oral and topical antibiotics, Synotic solution, sterile saline rinses, etc.

In March, 2007, both patagiums were again Self Mutilated to a lesser degree. More so on the right side than the left. Treatment was as in January. No pictures taken.

Yesterday, I discovered that the Self Mutilation has started again. Thus far, it is only on her right patagium, but the wound is quite deep. In addition, her tail is overgroomed on the shaft and at the tip cry I have an appointment at 10:00 a.m. to bring her in to my local vet for consultation and possible treatment. I am planning to ask her about the possibility of treatment with Valium for stress (per recommendation by Xfilefan) and Colasate Spray for topical antibiotic and as a preventive from overgrooming the affected areas (per recommendation by Queenduck). I will continue to update as more information/progress is made on Mareki's treatment.

Also, during the past month, I have been trying to introduce Nara to Mareki for companionship since Dr. Burton felt loneliness may be one of the contributing factors in Mareki's Self Mutilation. Sadly, all overtures on Nara's part have been violently rejected by Mareki. At this time, I have given up on introducing them to each other. My current plan is to try to introduce an older (7 years), neutered male (named Darwin) to Mareki in a couple of weeks. I will be getting Darwin from sugeebaby in Michigan.

Last edited by sugarglidersuz; 06/01/07 11:46 AM. Reason: To add March, 2007 information

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #303150
06/01/07 10:46 AM
06/01/07 10:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am so sorry you are going thru this, my heart and prayers are with you, I hope your baby accepts Darwin and it stops the SM problem. Poor sweet little baby!

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: ] #303198
06/01/07 12:02 PM
06/01/07 12:02 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Glideritis Anonymous
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Just back from the veterinarian's office. Sadly, this time the wound is actually not on the patagium. Upon examination, Dr. Tiffany Meyer determined that it is actually a deep, conical wound directly over the thoracic cavity. The concern is that the conical shape is indicative of a drainage wound and the cone is directed towards the heart cry It is self-inflicted; however, what is the underlying cause of the Self Mutilation? This continues to be the question shakehead
Further examination revealed that in addition to the overgrooming of the shaft and tip of the tail, there is a large patch of skin/fur on her back, around the dorsal stripe near her rear hips, that is dry and the skin/fur are flaking off. In addition, her left ear is also dry and flaky and there is some "dirt" in her ear cavity. These symptoms are indicative of mites, but upon examination of tissue samples, no mites were able to be found, even though excellent samples were obtained. In the possibility that mites is one of the problems, Mareki was given a sub-cutaneous injection of Ivermectin.
For the wound, Cephalexin (an oral antibiotic) was prescribed. This is the same antibiotic that Dr. Burton had prescribed last October after the C&S was done. I will continue with topical treatment with the Synotic Solution, as well. In addition, I am to give her yogurt along with the antibiotic to promote the good bacteria in her digestive system.
Dr. Meyer is going to call Jen's (Xfilefan's) veterinarian, Dr. Harris, in Utah to consult with her about Mareki's overall condition and to discuss the possibility of treatment with a sedative of some sort. She is not comfortable with treating with Valium due to the possible negative effects on the liver with prolonged usage of it.
Another avenue that Dr. Meyer is considering is the possibility of hypothyroidism. The combination of Mareki's continued obesity (she's currently 193 grams, in spite of dietary restrictions to try to encourage weight loss), along with the dry, itchy, patchy skin/fur in addition to the continued, ongoing Self Mutilation are the reasons that she suspects hypothyroidism. She is checking with another exotic veterinarian in the area to find out what testing needs to be done and what subsequent treatment would be if she tests positive for it.
Overall, I was very impressed by Dr. Meyer's examination and her concerns about the underlying cause of the continual, prolonged Self Mutilation pattern. She is determined to find the underlying cause so that the root of the problem can be treated. Updates will continue as more information is determined. Please keep Mareki in your prayers... this is far from over yet cry

edited to add:
I am going to move this thread over to Health & Hygiene as it seems to be a better fit for this thread at this time...

Last edited by sugarglidersuz; 06/01/07 12:04 PM.

Suz Enyedy
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #303205
06/01/07 12:13 PM
06/01/07 12:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about genetic history? I know my brother's dogs (male and female siblings, same litter) have a bad skin problem (might be allergies, but don't know), one worse than the other. They get super dry, occasionaly flakey looking skin. The one with the worst of it tends to lick the heck out of it when it flares up, which leads to bleeding and open sores (I believe it turns to staph or strep infections, one or the other). The one is on a steroid medications, which definitely helps with the problem, but will likely GREATLY reduce his life expectancy... Their issues are most likely a result of poor breeding, so perhaps that's a possibility...
Also, was she rejected as a joey? Just curious as to whether or not this was one of those continual problems that mom may have noticed in her youth, unbeknownst to you... Does she have any offspring, siblings or close relatives with similar problems, even perhaps not AS severe?

Last edited by aproductof; 06/01/07 12:19 PM.
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: ] #303211
06/01/07 12:18 PM
06/01/07 12:18 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Glideritis Anonymous
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Excellent questions, Gina. Mareki, is in fact, the first rejected joey that I ever hand-fed. She was rejected by DaisyMae at only 1 week oop, although not completely. I supplement fed Mareki and DaisyMae took care of her in all other ways.
Mareki is also the glider that was a result of inadvertant inbreeding. At the time, I didn't know that gliders could become sexually mature at only 5 months oop. DaisyMae was housed with her biological brother, Pepe, who was 8 months oop at the time. I was horrified when I discovered Daisy's pregnancy shakehead Needless to say, once Mareki was old enough, Pepe and Daisy were separated from each other.
Mareki did have one joey that survived to adulthood, my Allira. Allira's sire is my Coobah. Allira has had problems with overgrooming, but it was definitely stress-related and once we determined the stressors and eliminated them from her environment, it has not been an issue ever again.
Neither DaisyMae nor Pepe (Mareki's parents) have ever shown any indications of overgrooming nor of dry/flaky skin dunno

Edited to add:
Also, to my knowledge, none of Mareki's half-siblings have ever shown any indications of any of these problems. I own her half-sister Luna (Pepe is her sire) and my best friend owns her half-sister Sugar (DaisyMae is her dame). Pepe and Bittah have had 23 offspring together to date over the course of the past 3.5 years, and to my knowledge, none of them have shown any of these problems dunno

Last edited by sugarglidersuz; 06/01/07 12:22 PM.

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #303221
06/01/07 12:33 PM
06/01/07 12:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know there isn't a whole lot out there on EXACTLY what the results of inbreeding are, so maybe this is just one of the possibilities. My brother's dogs don't always get the bad looking skin until it's a problem--leading to excessive scratching, then the flakey skin, and sores. Maybe something is just bothering her, leading to the overgrooming and SM. His worst areas tend to be in the spots where the fur is more sparse--like in his "armpits". Both dogs ARE purebred, but with no papers, not sure about the relation between mom and dad (they are pets, and were never meant for breeding, anyway, so that was never an issue).
Because it may be allergies, both dogs ended up going on a fresh diet, free of wheat products(thought to be the problem), for a while. The were fed lean meat (venesin), potatoes, beans, carrots, occasional egg, and maybe a few other things that I can't remember. The problems seemed to clear up, but they weren't on it long enough to be sure-- they began to become food aggressive as they were used to being free fed, and this diet didn't allow for it. So maybe it's an allergy--not sure how they'd run an allergy panel on a glider, though!
And since she was rejected, the possibility that mom knew is definitely there. But you also said mom was pretty young, so it's hard to say for sure.

In any case, and meant to say this earlier--sorry you are going through with all of this. Hope everything turns out in the end.

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #303222
06/01/07 12:34 PM
06/01/07 12:34 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
Sorry she's having all these problems Suz! Hope that with the collaboration of the other vets that your vet is able to get a treatment plan into action that helps her out!! hug2

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: BeckiT] #303446
06/01/07 04:48 PM
06/01/07 04:48 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Suz, I know you said that they checked for mites, did they happen to check for lice?

I have to say Gina, allergies came to my mind right away too. It could be very possible.

Suz, are they doing or have they done any blood work yet? Sorry if you have already stated about this and I overlooked it.

Feel free to have your vet call Dr.T as well. Who knows between the three of them they might be able to come up with something.

Prayers going out to ya.

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: Srlb] #303456
06/01/07 05:01 PM
06/01/07 05:01 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Glideritis Anonymous
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Peggy,
She hasn't done any bloodwork yet. I think she wanted to talk to the vet about the hypothyroidism first... I'm sure blood testing will be involved with that frown
I will give her Dr. T's number, too, the next time I talk to her, which probably won't be until Monday...

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: Srlb] #303457
06/01/07 05:05 PM
06/01/07 05:05 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
I had a dog with extremely severe allergies, also. She was a self-mutilator, although I didn't know the expression at the time. Her skin was so dry, it would look raw and red. She would exacerbate the problem by chewing and chewing, until she'd be bleeding. It was horrible. Cortical steroids helped relieve the itching, so she wouldn't chew herself so much.

It was a result of in-breeding, I now know. A common problem with certain pure breeds. She was also mill bred. Now I know.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #303459
06/01/07 05:07 PM
06/01/07 05:07 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Glideritis Anonymous
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Also, I did get a couple of pix of her back after I brought her home this afternoon. This first one is a full-view of her... you can see where her dorsal stripe starts to get interrupted over her hips frown

This 2nd one is a close up of the area, I had to really rub her fur backwards to get the detailing of it to show...

(For a larger image, to show more detail, click HERE)

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: ValkyrieMome] #303461
06/01/07 05:08 PM
06/01/07 05:08 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Glideritis Anonymous
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Val,
So your experience supports Gina's with the inbreeding being the cause of the severe allergies... I wonder if that's Mareki's problem then dunno
Edited to add:
Peggy,
She didn't check for lice, but I did use a nit-comb to comb her fur when I got home (after taking the pix) and didn't find any...

Last edited by sugarglidersuz; 06/01/07 05:10 PM.

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #303558
06/01/07 07:25 PM
06/01/07 07:25 PM
most beautiful place on earth
Gliderbuff Offline
Glider Slave
Gliderbuff  Offline
Glider Slave

most beautiful place on earth
Oh, sweetie...I am so sorry that this is happening to little Mareki and to you. It sounds like you are doing SO much for her that she must know how much you care for her and want her to stay the course and make it through.

I have already prayed for you both and will continue to do so.

I am more sorry than I can say. Cuddle her close. She knows how much you love her. In your hands, I'm sure she will live to glide again... hug2

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: Gliderbuff] #303571
06/01/07 07:44 PM
06/01/07 07:44 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Suz -- I'm so sorry you and Mareki are having to deal with this. Can I just say -- her face is so sweet! I love the tufts of fur on her ears! I've never seen a glider like that.

Dalmatians are one breed in particular that have problems because of in-breeding. Deafness, allergies, etc.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: ValkyrieMome] #303616
06/01/07 08:41 PM
06/01/07 08:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

hug2 Hope all turns out well - and thank you for posting this. There is so much unknown in the area of sm that the more we learn and share the more hope there is for gliders that have these problems in the future

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: ] #303624
06/01/07 08:52 PM
06/01/07 08:52 PM
Phoenix, Arizona!!
BlndGrl8 Offline
Glider Slave
BlndGrl8  Offline
Glider Slave

Phoenix, Arizona!!
Oh Suz I am so saddened to hear about your poor, sweet, Mareki. I know you are taking the very best care of her and getting her all the help she needs. I will pray for her to heal quickly and for you to be filled with peace and hope! Thank you for sharing with us, I know it must be hard to go through, but we are all here for you!!

Last edited by BlndGrl8; 06/01/07 08:52 PM.

heart Kristin
:glider: Sparkles &
Flower

mlove Loving Husband Christopher
angel Proverbs 3:5,6

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: BlndGrl8] #303637
06/01/07 09:00 PM
06/01/07 09:00 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Aw, Suz hug2 hug2 I'm sure they'll come up with something. I never had to use the valium very long term or at full dose-I'll make sure to remember it can cause liver issues in those circumstances-that was something I didn't know.

I'm seeing Dr. Harris with Lyah in the morning (teeth again), and I'll ask her to give special attention to Mareki's problem. Hang in there hug2

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: Xfilefan] #303673
06/01/07 09:38 PM
06/01/07 09:38 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Glideritis Anonymous
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Thank you, everyone, for your kind words, support and prayers - they really do mean a lot to me hug2

Jen, I'd appreciate you mentioning Mareki's case to Dr. Harris. I doubt that Dr. Meyer has called her yet. She was booked solid today (I was able to get Mareki in only because I already had 2 appointments scheduled for my cats' annual exams; I rescheduled them and brought Mareki instead smile ). I don't know when she's planning to call Dr. Harris, but I know she is planning to. Hopefully by Monday at the latest worried

This evening, after going up to the church for a special choral prayer service, I just got home and gave Mareki her meds. She had managed to get one of the edges of the wound raw in the short time I was gone shakehead Sadly, Mareki is so "fluffy" at this point that it is impossible to put an e-collar on her anymore... her head is smaller than her neck blush Apparently, the effects of the Synotic had worn off. Needless to say, she got a fresh dose!

I'm hoping to get some better pix of the wound tomorrow with my hubby's assistance...

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #303675
06/01/07 09:40 PM
06/01/07 09:40 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Glideritis Anonymous
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
And Val... those tufts of fur are actually on her neck... it's just her neck is so big that the fur there is rather like a lion's mane now heart

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #303733
06/01/07 11:14 PM
06/01/07 11:14 PM
Maryland
Holly1221 Offline
Glider Slave
Holly1221  Offline
Glider Slave

Maryland
awww, Suz cry poor Mareki. sending lots of hug2 && suggie kisses to you && your Mareki. Misos says to tell Mareki to feel better. you both will come through this, i know it. i'll be sending my prayers to the Lord && Lady to help you

Holly & Jeff heart
Misos Phoenix Keegan Knuckles // Asa Etienne Kyrian // Cheyenne Peyton Godiva

RIP my sweet gangel babies, mommy loves you!
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: Holly1221] #303746
06/01/07 11:38 PM
06/01/07 11:38 PM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
Oh, Suz, I am so sorry you are going through this. I am sending lots of hug2 and prayers that you find the right treatment for your beautiful girl!

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: Usha77] #303840
06/02/07 03:30 AM
06/02/07 03:30 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Suz, as a matter of fact...I've printed your thread, complete with pictures, to take with me in the morning. Then at least Dr. Harris will be somewhat familiar with what's going on. hug2

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: Xfilefan] #303935
06/02/07 12:20 PM
06/02/07 12:20 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Glideritis Anonymous
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Jen,
Thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it. hug2

I just got an e-mail from Dr. Meyer. I'll try to summarize it here:

She posted on her vet forum and got some feedback from her colleagues. They have recommended blood work and a biopsy, culture & sensitivity from the wound on the thorax. They also unanimously said that it's most likely due to her needing a companion (I'll be picking up Darwin next Saturday from Karen/sugeebaby).
According to the other vets, hypothyroidism is not usually an issue with gliders. None of them had heard of the Collasate spray that Queenduck used on her gliders with the tail injuries.
Dr. Meyers did get dosages on valium, torb and ace so that is still a possible angle of treatment.
So, for now, we're going to keep Mareki on the antibiotics for a week (which she actually LOVES the flavor of shakehead ) and then if she's not making progress we're going to try the biopsy and bloodwork.

Mareki seems to be doing fine this morning. She was making a lot of undertone sounds during the night, but every time I checked on her, she was fine. No new damage to the wound this morning, so she's holding her own right now smile

Thanks again for all the support hug2 hug2 hug2

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #304044
06/02/07 03:26 PM
06/02/07 03:26 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Suz, I gave Dr. Harris this thread, and here's something...she knows and has worked with Dr. Burton. smile She did mention a few things she might try after reading about Mareki...Haloperidol being one option (and thinks she would benefit)...and I can't remember what the other two she mentioned were. Anyway, she'll be waiting for your vet's call.

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: Xfilefan] #304064
06/02/07 04:11 PM
06/02/07 04:11 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
Glideritis Anonymous
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
thanks Hopefully she'll be calling her on Monday smile

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #304440
06/03/07 12:45 AM
06/03/07 12:45 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aww poor Mareki and poor you! I am definetly praying for this little girl and sending "smart vibes" to the vet names mentioned so someone can come up with a way to help this little girl...she is adorable even if she is a little "fluffy"

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: ] #304498
06/03/07 02:14 AM
06/03/07 02:14 AM
Connecticut
Kitkatt1216 Offline
Glider Slave
Kitkatt1216  Offline
Glider Slave

Connecticut
Poor Mareki! Sending good thoughts your way for a recovery for her and a good intro. to Darwin to fix the problem.

Katrina
Owned by Murphy and Peanut

**RIP My loves Amunet, MiaKoda, and Kieko**
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: Kitkatt1216] #304526
06/03/07 06:09 AM
06/03/07 06:09 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Oh, and about the things (meds) she was 'thinking out loud' about-ie the haloperidol and that. She says it's (they're) used in birds and other exotics for similar issues. And that there are some new ones she's had good results with (the one's I couldn't remember until I got to paper to write down, lol). Let me know after they've talked, and what happens. I'm really trying to help. Your little girl deserves to be happy as well as healthy. hug2

Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: Xfilefan] #304539
06/03/07 08:24 AM
06/03/07 08:24 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
Glideritis Anonymous
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
I will definitely let you know, Jen hug2

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: History of a Self Mutilator [Re: sugarglidersuz] #304547
06/03/07 08:39 AM
06/03/07 08:39 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Oh, oh (drat, I'm losing my train of thought)....

Shoot...oh, I got it.

She also said...that she thinks from previous times that there may be nerve damage there that might be helping to trigger the recurrences also. Anyway, meant to put that with the last post, and couldn't remember. I think I got everything now, tho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024