Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Soy Protein in HPW Supplement #428387
12/05/07 11:41 AM
12/05/07 11:41 AM
Gallatin, TN (near Nashville)
tngliderlover Offline OP
Glider Lover
tngliderlover  Offline OP
Glider Lover

Gallatin, TN (near Nashville)
I just received an email "Glidervet" newsletter from Suncoast. There appears to be an issue with soy protein in the HPW powder supplement, so they've decided to discontinue selling it and instead offer a different supplement that doesn't have soy in it. I've given the link to the article below. For those of us that use HPW powder in our glider diets, I'm just wondering what your thoughts are.

http://www.sugar-gliders.com/glidervet-70.htm

Last edited by sugarlope; 12/05/07 06:36 PM. Reason: removed quoted text~Gretchen
Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: tngliderlover] #428392
12/05/07 11:47 AM
12/05/07 11:47 AM
Texas
morksmom Offline
Glider Slave
morksmom  Offline
Glider Slave

Texas
Wow, what next? I will be watching this to see what others say. I sure want what is best for my babies.

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: morksmom] #428395
12/05/07 12:06 PM
12/05/07 12:06 PM

W
Wantiki2
Unregistered
Wantiki2
Unregistered
W

Oh, goodness. And just last night I was admiring the beautiful coats and improved appearance and energy in my crew since switching to HPW. This is so not good news.

Peggy, what do you think about this?

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428400
12/05/07 12:16 PM
12/05/07 12:16 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Honestly? I have to say since I STARTED using this product it has ALWAYS had the soy protein in it so this is not new to me. Priscillas diet calls for tofu, which is soy, she has been feeding it for years with no health issues from it.

You can find negative things no matter where you read about EVERY food item out there. Look how many times the news will tell you how good something is for you and then a few years later they are saying it now causes cancer??? Come to find out it wasnt that product causing the cancer after all...

I think I am sticking with the HPW. The ingredients havent changed on my boxes that I have here and I havent gotten any letters from them stating they are changing the ingredients, soooo....

I would like to know where they got their letter from...and if they said they no longer use in in Australia??? dunno

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: Srlb] #428442
12/05/07 01:50 PM
12/05/07 01:50 PM

L
LindsayAnnG
Unregistered
LindsayAnnG
Unregistered
L

I was under the impression that everyone knew that there was Soy Protein in the Wombaroo.

With that being said, using the Wambaroo so far has not produced any ill effects, but if there is a product out there that is cheaper, and claims to be more easily digested, i would think it would be an option to look into.

The use of soy in animal and people products is CONTROVERSIAL. If there is controversy in something, that means there are two sides to the store, and that there is no REAL difinitive answer. So i hope no one panics with this article being posted.. but it is informational..

Take it as it is.. one person's opinion on the use of soy in animal foods. Now go out and do you own research on soy and come to your own conclusions..

Personally, i plan on looking in to comparing their "NEW FORUMLA" to the Wambaroo just because of the HUGE price difference and claim to be easily digested.

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428450
12/05/07 01:58 PM
12/05/07 01:58 PM
Eastern NC
melek007 Offline
Glider Addict
melek007  Offline
Glider Addict

Eastern NC
I agree with LindsayAnnG. I am also confident in Srlb and trust her since she is the woman behind the HPW diet.

~ I miss my Alev, Nese & Levent ~
Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: melek007] #428459
12/05/07 02:13 PM
12/05/07 02:13 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
OK, one thing here... Suncoast is talking about MILK REPLACER not the High Protien Supliment. They are two totally different products made by Wambaroo. MILK REPLACER is NOT what is used to make either Reep's diet, PML or HPW diets. This is very important to understand.

You can not substitute Suncoast's MILK REPLACER for the Wambaroo High Protien Supliment in these diets.

I know the difference the Wambaroo High Protien Supliment has made with my gliders and I"m not changing.

I've never used the Wambaroo milk replacer.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: Dancing] #428464
12/05/07 02:20 PM
12/05/07 02:20 PM
Dayton, Ohio
C
CharmedSuggies Offline
Glider Addict
CharmedSuggies  Offline
Glider Addict
C

Dayton, Ohio
So there has been no known documentation for long term use causing problems with soy protein and sugar gliders right?

Just checking before I put my babies on it.

Melissa & Aaron

Brat Pack
Roxy, Eddie, Lily :bb:

Crabby Crew
Brutus Theodore, Hugo Bug, Lulu :wfb: :leu:

Akeesha, Orion & Niko :rtmo:

SFS
Bella Belle mlove

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: CharmedSuggies] #428469
12/05/07 02:29 PM
12/05/07 02:29 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
No there has NEVER been ANY ill effects every documented using this diet.

Also a question I have...since when did Suncoast start using the HPW diet?? Didnt they always have and use thier OWN diet...you know the one they use the ZooKeepers with?

Could it just possibly be they want to start a scare about the HPW because sales in the zookeepers is effecting them?

I am NOT saying that is the case, but the question sure does come into my mind.

My gliders are healthier than ever, You better believe I am NOT going to change their diet now...

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: Srlb] #428478
12/05/07 02:42 PM
12/05/07 02:42 PM
Dayton, Ohio
C
CharmedSuggies Offline
Glider Addict
CharmedSuggies  Offline
Glider Addict
C

Dayton, Ohio
Thankyou Peggy, that is all that I needed. As soon as I can buy the powder and pollen I will be switching to the HPW diet also. Thanks to Kathy's advice and help I feel this will be the best diet for my babies.

Melissa & Aaron

Brat Pack
Roxy, Eddie, Lily :bb:

Crabby Crew
Brutus Theodore, Hugo Bug, Lulu :wfb: :leu:

Akeesha, Orion & Niko :rtmo:

SFS
Bella Belle mlove

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: Srlb] #428487
12/05/07 02:46 PM
12/05/07 02:46 PM
Roanoke, Virginia
mommawannabe Offline
Glider Slave
mommawannabe  Offline
Glider Slave

Roanoke, Virginia
I agree with Peggy and Teresa, I have mine on HPW. When I started out with the SunCoast diet which neither of mine really took to, I changed diets. Then when I got my gliders from Anita at SweetGliders I asked her what she had them on as their coats were absolutely stunning. All mine are on the HPW and are so much healthier for it.

Anna

Hubby Tommie
son Logan - 11
Pugs-Duncan and Raven,
Bunnies-Foo&Friday
Hedgies-Sweet Pea,Dobby,Bambi,DarthVader,Lexy,Shadow, Willow & Thatch.
suggies-Izzy, Miley~Toff, Jasper~Twinkie, Nix~Ash, Nash~Riley, Barney~Spryte~Pixie, Apollo~Athena.
Turtles - Shelly~Petunia

www.suggiebabies.com

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: Srlb] #428491
12/05/07 02:56 PM
12/05/07 02:56 PM

W
Wantiki2
Unregistered
Wantiki2
Unregistered
W

Peggy, that's good enough for me. I never realized that there was soy in the Wombaroo powder. I will continue to use this product. I trust Peggy's integrity, wisdom and opinions.

Could this be an attempt by the vendor to push their product? I recently purchased Wombaroo from this vendor and was concerned as it did not come in the familiar box we are all used to, but in a silver bag-like container with Exotic Nutrition's label on it. Now I am afraid that what I purchased is not actually Wombaroo, but this 'substitute' they are putting on the market.

Last edited by Wantiki2; 12/05/07 03:05 PM. Reason: added to post
Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428504
12/05/07 03:27 PM
12/05/07 03:27 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
I would defintely contact them and ask them about it. There is really no reason for the HPW to come in any packaging other than what it is shipped in from Australia. I have never known of any other vendor changing the packaging on this product.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: Srlb] #428510
12/05/07 03:31 PM
12/05/07 03:31 PM

W
WannaBeMom
Unregistered
WannaBeMom
Unregistered
W

Its funny because as I was reading this...I was thinking the same thing. I ordered mine from exoticnutrition.com and both my pollen AND HPW mix came in exoticnutrition bags with Exotic Nutrition labelling...

My guys LOVE their HPW...but I can't help have that pit in my stomach about...what is it REALLY?!

Anyways...I'm definetly going to follow this post...if anyone has any further information, I would certainly appreciate hearing it.

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428516
12/05/07 03:45 PM
12/05/07 03:45 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Does the HPW they are packaging come with ingredients labeled? Things like that are SUPPOSED to have the ingredients labeled.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428523
12/05/07 03:54 PM
12/05/07 03:54 PM

J
Jennie
Unregistered
Jennie
Unregistered
J

I ordered my HPW from exotic nutrition and it came in the HPW box, not the exotic nutrition bag. My gliderade and calcium came in the exotic nutrition bags however. My bee pollen I got from somewhere else.

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: Dancing] #428532
12/05/07 04:21 PM
12/05/07 04:21 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Originally Posted By: Dancing
OK, one thing here... Suncoast is talking about MILK REPLACER not the High Protien Supliment. They are two totally different products made by Wambaroo. MILK REPLACER is NOT what is used to make either Reep's diet, PML or HPW diets. This is very important to understand.

You can not substitute Suncoast's MILK REPLACER for the Wambaroo High Protien Supliment in these diets.

I know the difference the Wambaroo High Protien Supliment has made with my gliders and I"m not changing.

I've never used the Wambaroo milk replacer.

I just wanted to clarify/restate what Teresa posted, because the first time *I* read it through, I misunderstood. The formulation for the Wombaroo MILK REPLACER quite possibly has changed. I don't know - I've never used it. *Wombaroo* is a brand name, and although those of us using the HPW diet sometimes just call the powder "Wombaroo" - it is one of MANY powders the Wombaroo company makes.

The one that WE use in our HPW diet has not changed. It is the same as it has always been. It has contained Soy protein since I first started researching it, and Peggy says it has since SHE started using it.

Let's not have this subtly worded newsletter from Suncoast cause a panic!

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428534
12/05/07 04:27 PM
12/05/07 04:27 PM

W
Wantiki2
Unregistered
Wantiki2
Unregistered
W

WannaBeMom, Are you at home? Can you check the label? I'm at work now and obsessing and experiencing that same 'pit-of-the-stomach' thing that you mentioned. confused

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428539
12/05/07 04:43 PM
12/05/07 04:43 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Reenie - what is your question? Soy has always been in HPW.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ValkyrieMome] #428544
12/05/07 04:53 PM
12/05/07 04:53 PM

L
Laura_Leigh
Unregistered
Laura_Leigh
Unregistered
L

I have both HPW and the milk replacer at home... I will post ingredients when I get home. I got the Milk replacer at SGGA, so if thats what changed, I would have the "old" formula

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428577
12/05/07 06:06 PM
12/05/07 06:06 PM
Lynchburg, VA
B
blockamon Offline
Glider Lover
blockamon  Offline
Glider Lover
B

Lynchburg, VA
Suncoast has never sold the Wombaroo High Protein Supplement used in the HPW diet. Yes, it has soy protein, it always has, and it has been used for year in Austrailia with no problems.

Suncoast used to sell the Wombaroo Possum Milk Replacer >0.8. I'll check my box at home, but I believe it used to (maybe still does) contain whey protein and not soy protein. I use a little of it in my diet to increase the variety of proteins offered (whey, soy, pollen, meat, etc.).

Personally, I'll trust Wombaroo. The main problem with soy protein comes from using ONLY soy (or any plant-based) protein, since it (they) do not have a complete amino acid profile. The Wombaroo High Protein Supplement used in HPW gets protein from three (3) sources (whey, soy, and casein) specifically to give it a good amino acid profile.

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428580
12/05/07 06:09 PM
12/05/07 06:09 PM

S
stephiy
Unregistered
stephiy
Unregistered
S

I have an old box of the Milk Replacer that I never opened. I ordered it probably over two years ago to keep on hand just in case for rejected joeys.
The ingredients do not list any soy protein, just whey protein, casein, and whole milk solids.

I also have a new package of the High Protein Suppliment that was ordered about a month ago. That does have soy protein in it, along with whey protein.

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428606
12/05/07 06:35 PM
12/05/07 06:35 PM
Melbourne Australia
Marz Offline
Glider Guardian
Marz  Offline
Glider Guardian

Melbourne Australia
I bought a box of Wombaroo possum milk replacer only last week here in Australia and it does not contain soy protein. It appears Suncoast is either confusing Wombaroo High Protein Supplement with Wombaroo Possum Milk replacer, or indeed they have found a cheaper alternative to the Wombaroo Possum Milk Replacer and is trying to promote it by putting people off the Wombaroo alternative.

I also would NEVER buy a product that's been repackaged and sold on. You have no idea what's in the product (inferior quality,chinese imports etc are quite possible) and also the packaging methods which could be also be inferior. Important things like Use By dates/full nutritional content etc are often left off repacked products.

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428695
12/05/07 08:54 PM
12/05/07 08:54 PM

W
WannaBeMom
Unregistered
WannaBeMom
Unregistered
W

I AM at home...sorry it took so long to respond...

The 250g NET bag I currently have from exoticnutrition.com does have the ingredients listed on it. It also, now that I've taken it out, have "Manufactured by - Wombaroo Food Products Australia" printed at the bottom...still not sure why it never came in the original packaging...

Anyways...

I believe the ingredients listed are the same as those listed on the Wombaroo whitish colored box...but without one in front of me...I'm not sure how to be sure. Soy protein is listed, as everyone here has stated it has been for a long time...

I'm not so much panicked about the subject matter at hand, but now, just more ... curious, I suppose.. as to why exotic nutrition RE packages these items...

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428794
12/05/07 11:59 PM
12/05/07 11:59 PM
Near Chicago
Dazzle Offline
Glider Explorer
Dazzle  Offline
Glider Explorer

Near Chicago
This and the other thread on the HPW have been very informative. Thank you all for your input.

-Mel
Brizzie, LuLu, Skittles & Saphire
Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: Dazzle] #428880
12/06/07 03:00 AM
12/06/07 03:00 AM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
I emailed Passwell last night and also Suncoast.

I received a reply from Passwell (creator and maker of Wombaroo) stating that they had not made any ingredient or formulation changes to their HPS or any of their other products.

I also emailed Suncoast and the reply I received was that they were only going by one product they sold and were not familiar with (my) diet (PML). I was 'highly advised to check the label before buying it again'.

I did check the label on my boxes of Wombaroo and NOTHING has changed one bit.

This is how many of us panic over our glider babies' diets, by someone giving out wrong information with not one thing to back it up. I am not happy about this as I was one that got very scared and started emailing and calling e'one I could before realizing I only needed to contact Passwell in Australia.

Last edited by sugarlope; 12/06/07 11:47 PM. Reason: removed quoted text~Gretchen
Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ] #428883
12/06/07 03:08 AM
12/06/07 03:08 AM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Originally Posted By: WannaBeMom
I AM at home...sorry it took so long to respond...

The 250g NET bag I currently have from exoticnutrition.com does have the ingredients listed on it. It also, now that I've taken it out, have "Manufactured by - Wombaroo Food Products Australia" printed at the bottom...still not sure why it never came in the original packaging...

Anyways...

I believe the ingredients listed are the same as those listed on the Wombaroo whitish colored box...but without one in front of me...I'm not sure how to be sure. Soy protein is listed, as everyone here has stated it has been for a long time...

I'm not so much panicked about the subject matter at hand, but now, just more ... curious, I suppose.. as to why exotic nutrition RE packages these items...

I will only buy the Wombaroo mix in its ORIGINAL packaging. Exotic Nutrition buys in the 1 and 5KG packages and resells in the 250KG. Personally, I don't want anyone repackaging my babies foods. I don't know who is doing it or what their sanitary conditions are. I would be concerned if anything might be added in to "fill" the package with cheaper ingredients and also bacterial concerns. NO, I AM NOT SAYING Exotic Nutrition or anyone else would do or does this. This is a concern of MINE.

I used to buy Acacia Gum until one of my gliders had a serious gum issue and needed surgery (and teeth). It turned out it was the Acacia Gum..or rather that the "Acacia Gum" was NOT REALLY all Acacia Gum. It had many fillers in it that should NEVER have been put in the packaging.

After my baby went through tons of pain and surgery and me going through literal heartbreak and panic..not to mention close to a thousand dollars in vet bills..I will NEVER buy another repackaged item again.

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: SugarBlossoms] #428884
12/06/07 03:12 AM
12/06/07 03:12 AM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Alden, Passwell says they have not changed ANY of their Wombaroo products.

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: ValkyrieMome] #428947
12/06/07 12:10 PM
12/06/07 12:10 PM

W
Wantiki2
Unregistered
Wantiki2
Unregistered
W

Hi ValkyrieMom,

Sorry, I was just now able to log back on. My question to WannaBeMom was if she could, at that moment , check the label on the package from Exotic to see if the ingredients were listed (they are). My concern was also why would the vendor repackage the Wombaroo. Now I know that they buy in bulk and repackage in order to sell smaller quantities.

But, how do I know that the repackaged ingredients are pure?

So, bottom line for me will be to buy from Peggy (Srlb) from now on. We must be able to trust our vendors and the quality of their products.

Miss Peggy, get ready! Tomorrow is payday and I need my Wombaroo! agree

Re: Soy Protein in HPW Supplement [Re: SugarBlossoms] #428948
12/06/07 12:16 PM
12/06/07 12:16 PM

W
Wantiki2
Unregistered
Wantiki2
Unregistered
W

SugarBlossoms, Thank you for the info. about the Acacia Gum. I have been using that as well. EEK! It's going right into the trash. A shame since the crew really enjoy it...but at what cost to their dental health?

God bless GC and all the good folks here who are so generous in sharing their wisdom and information... all for the good of our gliders. heart glider

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 374 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,569 TEXAS
679,073 OHIO
487,151 OKLAHOMA
432,154 UTAH
321,673 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024