Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Ladymagyver. 03/28/24 09:57 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: E Collar Help! [Re: SugarBlossoms] #456641
01/20/08 12:51 AM
01/20/08 12:51 AM

S
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
S

Me updating on Peanut. I got a call from the vet after the surgery, then called LSardou and talked to sugarblossoms about how it went. She went through the surgery very well. Hardly any bleeding which made the vet very happy, no problems during the surgery, and overall the whole thing went smoothly as Dr. Williams said. Peanut is perked up a bit since the surgery, and I plan Dr. Williams plans on calling me tomorrow to see how she gets through the night. The only thing like mentioned before that seems to be a problem is her going psycho crazy trying to get the "straight jacket" off of her. I honestly expected that to go on for awhile considering her fight that night for 9 hours against the ecollar. Dr. Williams believes that she'll make it through the night okay, and that everything's going to work out. I think it's possible to have a heart attack at 14 though, because until I got the call from the vet, I was [censored] out. I'm so glad she called me right after it. I couldn't bear waiting for an hour. I really think all the prayers going out to her helped everything go so well. We had all yall on GC praying and rooting for her, and I had a chain here with my friends and family having their families pray too. So, thankyou all for being so supportive and praying. I know it's helped Peanut get through all of this.

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #456678
01/20/08 01:37 AM
01/20/08 01:37 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Many prayers going out to Peanut for being such a 'trooper' thru all of what she has gone thru. I can honestly say, if Peanuts mom wasn't such a 'devoted', 'loving' and 'compassionate' (not to mention patient) mom, Peanut would not be with us today! hug2 A huge Thank you to SugarBlossoms for being there thur all of this with Bailey. You have been a guiding light for both Bailey and Peanut. hug2
I've spoken to Dr. Williams on several occasions during this, what a remarkable person. She has gone above and beyond her duties as a Doctor. Thank you Dr. Williams for taking such good care of Peanut! heart

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: LSardou] #456683
01/20/08 01:44 AM
01/20/08 01:44 AM

S
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
S

She wouldn't be here without you either LSardou. I'd say thankyou again, but I don't know how 7 letters can even begin to explain how grateful I am. But I'm gonna say it anyways agian; Thankyou so much LSardou. Dr. Williams really has gone out of her way with peanut, and I'm glad sugarblossoms got to me a vet that would do so much for her. And sugarblossoms, you have helped me more than I can even say. Yall are my gaurdian angels. angel

Last edited by SuggieLuver4941; 01/20/08 01:54 AM. Reason: oopsies, forgot one part I was thinking, but guess I didn't type in.
Re: E Collar Help! [Re: SugarBlossoms] #456727
01/20/08 04:39 AM
01/20/08 04:39 AM

C
chrailee
Unregistered
chrailee
Unregistered
C

i am glad to hear that peanut is doing great. please keep us updated

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #457197
01/20/08 10:36 PM
01/20/08 10:36 PM

S
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
S

No call from the vet in the middle of the night. And no call today. And she said that no news is good news. She's calling me tomorrow at around 11 she said last night. That's all I have to update right now!

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #457389
01/21/08 01:47 AM
01/21/08 01:47 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
hug2 Thanks for letting us know. I figured that since you didn't hear anything that everything was alright. Good Luck tomorrow! I will be anxious to hear how Peanut did today.

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: LSardou] #458039
01/21/08 09:30 PM
01/21/08 09:30 PM

S
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
S

Okay. Just got back from the vet, but am heading off to WalMart here in a second. Peanut is doing so amazing. I met with sugarblossoms up at the vet, and they took her out. The second she seen mommy she tried to get away from the vet to me dance so she missed mommy alot!! She had the coolest looking e-collar I've seen. It harnessed around her upper body, and had the holes for the arms. Around the neck, instead of coning out, the vet had it poof so she couldn't move her head to her leg or anything for that matter, yet could still see around her which the other style restricted her from doing. I was amazed at how well it was covered up. You can tell something happened, but it looks so good. They used surgical glue vs. stitching, so it's gonna heal up without hardly showing if at all. We think it's going to heal super fast, so I'm happy. I gave her a thousand kisses, and I think she got tired of em! Sugarblossoms has her, so I can't put up pictures. I only have them on my phone tant . But she's going to I think later on. I gotta go, so I'll post the rest later.

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #458047
01/21/08 09:41 PM
01/21/08 09:41 PM

S
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
S

Never mind. I gave my mom the shopping list and I'm staying home. Anyways, I'm very impressed with Dr. Williams. She came to the office today with peanut even though it was her day off. She could have had us pick her up tomorrow, but went out of her way and came to the office for the day. She really is a amazing vet. I have to wait until saturday to see Peanut again cry and I don't know how I'll make it until then. But I know she's in good hands with sugarblossoms right now. I'd have her here, but she needs 24/7 care, and mom won't let me skip school like I want to to do that. Peanut is looking really good though. She walks all over people and uses it like there's a foot at the end of it. It's cut right above the knee it looks, though it was hard to tell with her pulling it back everytime I tried to see. She's doing so well, she makes mommy proud.

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #458211
01/22/08 12:25 AM
01/22/08 12:25 AM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Peanut had to have a 2nd surgery this morning. She had some bone protruding that Dr. Williams was not comfortable with. It was app. a 15 min. procedure and then to close up the wound again.

WOW!!! Peanut looks SO MUCH BETTER! Her fur is back to normal too. smile

Her leg was amputated above the knee so she only has a small "stump" but I believe she will get around just fine. She can already get from one side of her incubator to the other and in her pouch.

She ate 1/3rd jar of chicken/w gravy baby food tonight, 1 squished pea, guts of 2 pieces of corn, 1 tsp. of Mango yogurt and a tiny bit of PML. She drank some spring water also.

She was in a bit of pain awhile ago so I gave her the pain meds. She had her antibiotic and a gel for keeping the "good" bacteria in her body since the antibiotic can remove much of it.

Peanut is asleep in her incubator now. I am checking on her every 15 minutes unless she makes a sound. (then I RUN)

This little angel is soooo SWEET! With everything she has gone through, she has a look in her eyes that says Thankyou. She hasn't even tried to bite once!

Bailey took pics at the hospital before we all left, we'll get those up and I will be getting some tomorrow too to show you. She has the cutest E-collar on! Imagine putting an innertube around your neck then attaching a "harness" down around your tummy under your arms. Now add some pretty surgical fabric with little smiley faces all over it!

The regular E-collars weren't working with Peanut, she fought them bad but isn't fighting this one at all. She IS trying to figure out why she can't get her hands to her face though! (lol) As long as she can hold onto something (my finger), she is fine and doesn't feel "lost" with her hands not being busy.

Bailey will get to see her on Saturday when she comes down with her mom. She's already counting the days!

Dr. Williams said if all goes well (and we are praying hard for it too) that Peanut should be about healed up in about 10 days or so!! Peanut has 2 new sisters she hasn't met yet, hopefully, that will help tremendously with her grieving process from losing her life mate Pickles. Peanut had overgroomed the top of her head and is missing fur above her eyebrows on both sides. It is also looking much better already!

Thankyou Linda. I hope you get to meet Peanut sometime. I know me and Bailey would sure love that. Angels need to stick together. smile

Thankyou to everyone for your prayers and or thoughts for Peanut. I can't say that enough.

MASSIVE HUGS

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: E Collar Help! [Re: SugarBlossoms] #458224
01/22/08 12:40 AM
01/22/08 12:40 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
hug2 Thank you for the update! I can't wait to see pics of her!!!! I'm just so HAPPY that the worst is over, and Peanuts is going to live a happy and healthy life!
I hope that one day we all will get a chance to get together!! I do have relatives down your way grin
You've been a real godsend for Bailey in so many ways...In my eyes your one special angel yourself!!!
heart

Originally Posted By: SugarBlossoms
The Best Things In Life Are Unseen

So True!!!!

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: LSardou] #458312
01/22/08 01:45 AM
01/22/08 01:45 AM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
hug2 I'm so happy to hear she's doing well. I can't wait to see the pics! laugh

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: Usha77] #458373
01/22/08 04:17 AM
01/22/08 04:17 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Awww, happy tears!! jump I can't wait for pics!! Nice job! hug2

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: E Collar Help! [Re: Xfilefan] #458570
01/22/08 12:52 PM
01/22/08 12:52 PM

G
grandmadeb
Unregistered
grandmadeb
Unregistered
G

I am with you in heart and prayers hon will be home soon love ya keep up beeing a good mommie
LOTS & LOTS OF LOVE !!!!!!!! G-DEB

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #459337
01/23/08 05:25 AM
01/23/08 05:25 AM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
hug2

Here is a picture of Peanut I took last night. I got a few but they are either to dark or too light. She wasn't liking it too well! It will be Saturday before I see Peanut's mommy to get the pics from the vet office off of her cell phone. I'll get more today though!

Thankyou from Peanut

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: SugarBlossoms] #459342
01/23/08 07:13 AM
01/23/08 07:13 AM

H
heavenlybean
Unregistered
heavenlybean
Unregistered
H

oh how sweet looking is peanut! thanks for sharing the pic. i've been reading this thread and i'm so happy that you were able to help peanut's mom out! thank you so much for taking the time and energy to go out of your way and help someone like this. i continually find people in the glider community that just amaze me with their loving and caring ways. it's a wonderful thing to see. i know peanut's mom will always be very greatful to you for helping her/them.

rho

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #459344
01/23/08 07:21 AM
01/23/08 07:21 AM
Roanoke, Virginia
mommawannabe Offline
Glider Slave
mommawannabe  Offline
Glider Slave

Roanoke, Virginia
Awwwww peanut looks so sweet. You are such a good suggie momma. Thank you for the update and picture. I am so happy she is doing better. I continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Anna

Hubby Tommie
son Logan - 11
Pugs-Duncan and Raven,
Bunnies-Foo&Friday
Hedgies-Sweet Pea,Dobby,Bambi,DarthVader,Lexy,Shadow, Willow & Thatch.
suggies-Izzy, Miley~Toff, Jasper~Twinkie, Nix~Ash, Nash~Riley, Barney~Spryte~Pixie, Apollo~Athena.
Turtles - Shelly~Petunia

www.suggiebabies.com

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: mommawannabe] #459378
01/23/08 09:47 AM
01/23/08 09:47 AM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
She looks so cute! I'm so glad she's doing well & has so many Angels looking out for her! hug2

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: Usha77] #459413
01/23/08 11:14 AM
01/23/08 11:14 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Peanut is as sweet looking as I had imagined! heart Looking forward to seeing more!

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: LSardou] #459902
01/23/08 08:53 PM
01/23/08 08:53 PM

S
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
S

Just got on GC and seen the picture. roflmao Honestlty to me, she looks like she's about to attack the camera. I know that look personally. roflmao Oh well. Thanks for the picture, saving it now...
Bridget is doing so great with peanut. She takes care of her wonderfully like she's her own baby. I'm jealous that peanut actually crabbed there though. She never crabbed for me, and I wanted to hear it! blush Jealous....lol.
So...Thankyou bridget for doing amazing with peanut!! thanks

Countdown to getting to see peanut...

Wednesday-3 days
Thursday-2 days
Friday-1 day
Then Saturday!!!! dance

I have a countdown...just have to remember what day it is now to know when I'll get to see my baby again.

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #460366
01/24/08 01:54 PM
01/24/08 01:54 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Checking to see if there is any updates on Peanuts today. I pray that she is healing and not giving Aunti B trouble grin
Anymore PICS? hug2 !!!

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: LSardou] #460383
01/24/08 02:26 PM
01/24/08 02:26 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
Isn't it AMAZING what you can come up with for an alternative to E-collars? Hats off to the ingenious person who came up with THIS one! clap

As the old saying goes, "whatever you gotta do, you do". Been there, done that myself.

hug2 to all the angel angel involved in this.

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: E Collar Help! [Re: minkasmom] #460403
01/24/08 03:17 PM
01/24/08 03:17 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Originally Posted By: minkasmom
Isn't it AMAZING what you can come up with for an alternative to E-collars?

That would be Dr. Williams after being up half the night with Peanut fighting the cone E-collar. smile

Linda, hubby came in for 2 hours off the road, he tried to get a pic for me. It's hard to see but look to the left lower of the picture. (our left, Peanut's right) Peanut has a stub there. You can also see the e-collar better. smile

Peanut's amputated leg surgery

This one is just cute

Peanut TOO CUTE

She is eating very good, not wanting as much fluids as I would like but loves watermelon so we are having fruit snacks, apple juice and yogurt. She can't hold anything due to the collar so our solids are hard to do but we are managing. grin

She won't be able to balance herself without her leg as it is very short, of course, she will adjust herself accordingly after the collar is off I'm sure. She still has not had pain meds since night before last so that is good. She does still have very very soft (almost runny) poo from the antibiotics. She has great grip with her left foot and both hands.

Any ideas for her to have something to do besides cuddle with her bear and me in the rocking chair? She can't do much of anything and I feel sorry for her watching the other gliders play. worried

hug2 hug2 hug2

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: SugarBlossoms] #460414
01/24/08 03:38 PM
01/24/08 03:38 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
THANK YOU for the pics and update. She sure is a cutie-pie!!! Bless her sweet little heart!!! hug2 heart Things sound like they are going pretty good, that is such a relief.....
Maybe you can cut up some strings of ribbon and have her pull/play with them..My one little fella LOVES to play tug-o-war with ribbon...for exercise, maybe you can try and have her do some stretching for mealies or a treat...
Did Dr. Williams say that she needs to be totally immobilized? If not, you could try and put some 'soft puffy balls' into a padded container and hide mealies in the bottom for her to try and find.
Looking forward to the next update and pics.... mlove

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: LSardou] #460425
01/24/08 03:50 PM
01/24/08 03:50 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
hug2 Thank you Linda!! I'll try your ideas! She can push things around with her nose but since her hands can't meet up to her face, she can't see them. She can only grab onto things she "feels" like my fingers. I will do some stretching excersises with mealies and puff balls. I want to get her moving some. She can't get around to well at all with her "straight jacket" (lol)

I wanted to mention that her tail is getting fluffy too! She has major strength in it and I'll bet could carry some silk leaves and bunnies. smile

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: SugarBlossoms] #460518
01/24/08 05:50 PM
01/24/08 05:50 PM

S
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
S

Hmmmm....I wish I could help you on games. The games she liked to play with me were "Grande Escape" (Run from mommy and watch her try to catch me!!) and flying, especially on my bed. She'd crawl up onto my head, start lunging, then fly to the pillows on the other side of the bed. blush Scared me so bad the first time. If you want her to stretch, just stick a mealie in front of her. She absolutely loves her mealies and doesn't share. roflmao .
I'm so jealous....sugarblossoms gets to play with peanut and I don't! tant I think she might fall in love with peanut too and run away with her! She has that effect on people!! exclamation
2 days until I get to see peanut!! dance

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #460541
01/24/08 06:34 PM
01/24/08 06:34 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
hug2 We're going to try the mealie stretches tonight. smile I have a few things to do first then it will be time to get her up for the evening. The problem is that she can't reach for anything with the "jacket" on. I'll give her some soft fluffy balls too and see what she can do.

She does sit and watch the other gliders and seems to enjoy doing that but I bet she is wishing she could play too so I take her and sit in the rocking chair. She LOVES to be rocked! heart

Me falling in love with Peanut is a given, already done that! As far as running away with her? Where on earth would I go with 21 gliders, a slew of other fur kids in a tractor trailor towing a mobile home, a car and a U-haul? Guess I could always TRY! roflmao

hug2

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: SugarBlossoms] #460549
01/24/08 07:00 PM
01/24/08 07:00 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Originally Posted By: SugarBlossoms
Me falling in love with Peanut is a given, already done that! As far as running away with her? Where on earth would I go with 21 gliders, a slew of other fur kids in a tractor trailor towing a mobile home, a car and a U-haul? Guess I could always TRY!

I can just see it now! roflmao
You can always run away up here to Kansas....
Just kidding Bailey...you know we love you!!!

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: LSardou] #460616
01/24/08 08:42 PM
01/24/08 08:42 PM

H
heavenlybean
Unregistered
heavenlybean
Unregistered
H

i'm so glad that peanut is doing so well. great job to everyone involved!

i have a question about the e-collar... do you think you could figure out instructions (items needed and possible way to do it) and post them as an alternative style e-collar? if so, i'd appreciate it... if not, that's ok too! it was just a thought.

rho

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #460634
01/24/08 09:11 PM
01/24/08 09:11 PM

T
txsuggiemom
Unregistered
txsuggiemom
Unregistered
T

It's so good to see those pictures of peanut doing well. She sure is a little fighter!

Re: E Collar Help! [Re: ] #460660
01/24/08 09:52 PM
01/24/08 09:52 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Originally Posted By: heavenlybean
i'm so glad that peanut is doing so well. great job to everyone involved!

i have a question about the e-collar... do you think you could figure out instructions (items needed and possible way to do it) and post them as an alternative style e-collar? if so, i'd appreciate it... if not, that's ok too! it was just a thought.

rho

Yes, I will have Dr. Williams show me how to make one step by step and post it. It will not be until next Thursday or Friday though. smile

Peanut ate 15 mealies! I know, I know, that's a lot but what she has been through..I couldn't say no this time! heart

Here are some pics of Peanut tonight. I got out a plastic dishpan, lined it with fleece and made her a mealie pit like Linda suggested. She had a ball in it! smile

Peanut hunting mealies!

Look what I found!!!

ummm, a little help please?

I KNOW there is more in here!

This is easier, I'll just climb right in!

Close up of amputation, looking good.

Thank you e'one. smile

hug2

Last edited by SugarBlossoms; 01/24/08 09:55 PM.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 561 guests, and 91 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,161
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,663 TEXAS
679,109 OHIO
487,237 OKLAHOMA
432,241 UTAH
321,761 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024