Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! #474760
02/11/08 02:52 PM
02/11/08 02:52 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
Let me fill you all in on how my weekend went:

Saturday night, I started doing my monthly nail-clippings with my fuzzbutts & began with the M's cage...when I pulled out Minka (with her new OOP joey Maisie firmly attached), I discovered that she had a rather sizeable HOLE in her shoulder. It was about the size of a pea, and went all the way down to BONE, tendons & muscles! shock Needless to say I freaked & called the vet. He said I should put a gauze bandage on it with some antibiotic cream...it'll heal in a few days. (OH REALLY???) After 15 minutes of fighting her & her ripping out a toenail from it getting caught on the gauze, I called the vet again. Explaining (yet again) how deep this is AND we now have this nail issue, he said to just use a Q-tip & put the ointment on it several times a day.

I was EXTREMELY FORTUNATE that this wound didn't get infected, but I also was NOT going to stand still with just playing the waiting game. This morning, I hauled her & Maisie to the vet & let him see FOR HIMSELF that this was not going to be a "heal on its own" situation. While I held Maisie, the vet knocked Minka out & put several sutures in her shoulder. I discussed with him the matter of how an E-collar wouldn't really work in this situation but we needed to do SOMETHING to keep her from chewing at it, right? So he got out the Nich bandage (what he was trying to use was WAAAAY too big in diameter, thank you) & it's no surprise that Minka wiggled out of it in a matter of SECONDS. shakehead I pointed to the MUCH SMALLER stuff & we used it instead. Her nose was turning purple, so I readjusted the tightness of the tape holding the Nich bandage in place. Upon MY INSISTENCE, Minka also got a small shot of Torb and a bottle of antibiotics before we left.

Now...I've been working with this vet for suggies for 3 years now. He KNOWS that I don't call him on a Saturday night without GOOD REASON, right? agree So just how much longer do you think I'm going to have to go without SOMEONE figuring out that maybe--just MAYBE--I know what I'm talking about? And when I say I need help, I NEED HELP NOW!!

Imagine what "could've been" if infection had set in... upset

Here's the bottom line to this story (where it REALLY COUNTS): If you need to PUSH the fact that you know what you're doing, then BY ALL MEANS DO IT! thumb

Last edited by minkasmom; 02/11/08 02:57 PM. Reason: hit wrong button before story done

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: minkasmom] #474810
02/11/08 04:05 PM
02/11/08 04:05 PM

B
bluekitti01
Unregistered
bluekitti01
Unregistered
B

Good for you!!! clap Congrats on sticking to your guns. I know I have had to go toe to toe with a couple vets over my animals before too. You go girl! thumb Hope she gets better real soon! hug2

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: ] #474824
02/11/08 04:18 PM
02/11/08 04:18 PM

K
KaraCO
Unregistered
KaraCO
Unregistered
K

Well done!

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: minkasmom] #474856
02/11/08 04:57 PM
02/11/08 04:57 PM

T
Twinkles
Unregistered
Twinkles
Unregistered
T

Good for you. agree When I had my 3 glidders neutered the lady making the appt said they didn't give them pain med. So I copied some info off GC and took my glider book when I took them in and they gave them pain med torb. no problems. Even gave me some pain meds to take home if needed. Sometimes they don't know, even if they have worked with gliders.

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: ] #474902
02/11/08 05:52 PM
02/11/08 05:52 PM
NJ
JayAndDiana Offline
Glider Slave
JayAndDiana  Offline
Glider Slave

NJ
Good for you! Bad vet!! fotunately he did listen to you.. And, above all, so glad Minka is okay.. hug2 to you both!

~Diana: mom to Travis (10/24/08)
4 suggies
1 Big ol' Maine coon Cat: Boots
75 gal salt water reeftank

gangel Gizzy
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: minkasmom] #474941
02/11/08 06:56 PM
02/11/08 06:56 PM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Texas
Originally Posted By: minkasmom
If you need to PUSH the fact that you know what you're doing, then BY ALL MEANS DO IT! thumb

AMEN to that!

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #474981
02/11/08 07:47 PM
02/11/08 07:47 PM

S
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
SuggieLuver4941
Unregistered
S

I second the amen!! smile

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: ] #475012
02/11/08 08:19 PM
02/11/08 08:19 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
Evening update: Minka & Maisie are back home, snuggled cozily in their hospital cage with Minka's evening meds being given out. It appears that possibly Maisie is getting a little more nourishment for her suckling efforts...I'll check that out a little later.

Minka is making me laugh: She is not ambidextrious with eating her mealies...she's a right-handed glider & that's the side where her wound is. So she's trying to figure out how to hold a mealie in her left hand (she won't let ME hold them). I can see her frustration & understand it quite well, but I don't want to take ANY chances in the shoulder getting re-injured. Right now, they both just want to have some peace & quiet, in the dark & that's what they're getting for a little bit.

Most encouraging is that there are no signs of trouble at this moment: no smell, no seeping, no bleeding. I'm keeping my fingers crossed REAL HARD that this doesn't change.

Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: minkasmom] #475025
02/11/08 08:47 PM
02/11/08 08:47 PM

S
SandSmammas
Unregistered
SandSmammas
Unregistered
S

That is the Denise I know! You go girl! You taught me that when I was having my vet issues! Glad to see you stick to your guns like I knew you would!
On another note, my hug2 to Ms. Minka. I am so sorry she isn't feeling so hot. Did you ever figure what caused the hole?

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: ] #475088
02/11/08 09:39 PM
02/11/08 09:39 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
A'tta girl! clap

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: sugarglidersuz] #475111
02/11/08 10:04 PM
02/11/08 10:04 PM

37creekview
Unregistered
37creekview
Unregistered

way to stick to your guns!!!!!

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: ] #475369
02/12/08 03:16 AM
02/12/08 03:16 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
YAY YOU!! dance

I was in that situation once. Dana died because of a vet. He said to me, in his office (then proceeded to charge me $84 for the visit) that a NURSING MOM (joey was 4 weeks OOP-my BabyBoy) who dropped from 160+ grams to 89, was vomiting and having nonstop diarrhea since the night before, pushing her baby away, there was NOTHING WRONG WITH and he refused to treat. It was Giardia (She, her mate, and joey were rescues-I'd had them barely 2 weeks). It took another 24 hours (it was Saturday) to find a vet (I was forcefeeding and subqing until then, but had no antibiotics on hand, and no backups yet, learned the importance of THAT really quick!)-and it was too late for her, even though we had meds at that point, it couldn't work fast enough . Her joey was orphaned at 5 weeks OOP. The last thing I said to the man was if I EVER saw his face again I'd break it for him, after letting him know EXACTLY what he'd done-the thing was he knew it-you could see it in his face. He just didn't feel like doing anything that day, apparently, or figured she wasn't going to make it and didn't want to deal with it, because even I KNEW something was wrong, and this was very early in my having gliders. I'd been taking Riker to him for several months, it was only a few months he'd been out of the collar. I hadn't thought he'd do something like that before it happened. frown

So good for you! smile

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: Xfilefan] #477181
02/14/08 10:25 AM
02/14/08 10:25 AM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
It's been a couple days since I posted last...time for an update:

The most important thing I've learned the last 2 days is that breatheable medical tape is NOT the smartest thing to use on a suggie! I changed her Nich collar on Tuesday night & replaced the masking tape with the medical tape...when I went to check on her Wednesday morning, she'd dug at it & managed to get a piece across her bottom jaw! There wasn't any damage, it just scared the bejeebers out of me!

Minka is continuing to improve...there are still no signs of trouble from her wound, it appears to be healing quite nicely. She's also learned how to eat mealies left-handed but has to be on a stable surface to do it (sitting on mom's shoulder just doesn't work). Her appetite is great: the veggie relish is GONE every morning & mom is learning what fruits she can eat without using 2 paws. Energy levels are also very good: She runs around the glider-torium every chance she gets, dancing all over her "home cage" to say hi to everyone in there & pester the other 6 cages as well. We had a supervised "visitation" with the rest of her family so they don't forget who she is...much rubbing & frolicking went on & the visit ended too soon for all of them. Maisie is also doing well: she doesn't have her eyes open yet, but apparently is getting adequate nourishment from Minka that I don't need to worry about supplement feedings...she's an energetic little 1-week-old joey!

I'm planning to take Minka back to the vet on Saturday morning to get a follow-up visit & maybe have stitches removed, then head to Indy and points west.

Thanks for all the "atta-girl"s about standing up for what is BEST for Minka...it means a lot to me! grin

Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: minkasmom] #477549
02/14/08 07:38 PM
02/14/08 07:38 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
clap Great news! Thanks for the update hug2 I'm so glad to hear that she's recuperating so well smile

Suz Enyedy
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: sugarglidersuz] #480810
02/18/08 03:32 PM
02/18/08 03:32 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
Another Monday, another crisis.

Saturday I took Minka back to the vet's office...things looked really good! I asked him about how to get the medical glue off without her CHEWING it off. "Oh, it'll flake off" was his response. So I didn't worry about it. (bad move) I went to change her dressing around her neck, she got away from me & in the course of 5 MINUTES tore the bejeebers out of her shoulder again! This time I didn't call the vet because it wasn't bleeding; she took care of things herself.

Last night, I went to get her out (10:30pm) & discovered to my HORROR that it was not only bigger...it was BLEEDING!! After 30 minutes of fighting, biting & crying I got a bandage over her shoulder & taped in place.

Went to the vet at 7:45 this morning, only to learn he was home SICK! (GRRRREAT!) I ended up having to go to the OTHER vet's office & had an intelligent discussion with the senior vet about this whole mess. Things that I learned included that she has quite a development of "granular tissue" which is actually part of the HEALING process (despite how bad I think it looks) and that it's going to take at least 3 MORE weeks to heal completely! frown And trying to put a dressing over it is an exercise in futility because of the injury location (on her shoulder) & gliders being "grooming animals".

I'm about as stressed out as a suggie slave can be...but on the GOOD side of the world, it IS healing & it IS NOT infected. And I have had more contact with a vet who I'll be eventually switching over to.

I really HATE Mondays...

Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: minkasmom] #480824
02/18/08 03:52 PM
02/18/08 03:52 PM

A
Amanda1981
Unregistered
Amanda1981
Unregistered
A

Well, it's good to know that the vet could explain the tissue growth to you! I'm glad she's recoup'ing okay... poor baby frown

I hope you can keep your hair through all this mess! Changing the dressings has got to be a TON of fun tant I'm hoping for a speedy recovery! hug2

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: ] #480934
02/18/08 05:46 PM
02/18/08 05:46 PM

V
Vickirs
Unregistered
Vickirs
Unregistered
V

Sorry to hear things are so stressful yet again - I sure do wish I was closer so that I could come over and lend you a hand or two! How is little Maisie doing?

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: ] #480942
02/18/08 05:51 PM
02/18/08 05:51 PM

7glider7
Unregistered
7glider7
Unregistered

hug2 I'm sorry things are so stressful.

Please don't take offense to this, but are there any other vets near you that you could use? It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job telling this guy or gal what's what, but if your vet is being this much of a pain in the butt (and it sounds like he/she may not know that much about gliders)...if I had other options, I might be seeking them right now shakehead

I really hope Maisie starts to improve and gets well soon!

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: ] #480977
02/18/08 06:20 PM
02/18/08 06:20 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
Maisie is doing FANTASTICALLY...poor little girl, she's only 2 weeks OOP & is holding up very well. Her eyes are now open & she's becoming quite mobile. She crabs at me occasionally (a little feisty thing that's no bigger than my finger...I laugh at her when she does that) & is the hit of BOTH vet's offices with her "piggy-curled" tail.

The vet who was telling me about the "granular tissue" thing wasn't my REGULAR vet, Jen. And what he was saying makes sense: if we get a huge scrape on a knee, it takes awhile to heal just because of the LOCATION. Same with a suggie; it's not nearly as easy to bandage as a mating wound.

My only other known option in vets is the one who I'm blaming for KILLING my Wendy Darling through her treatment of both of us at the Emergency Animal Clinic. tant She may OWN them but she doesn't know JACK about obtaining information before she JUMPS to conclusions about diagnosing and treatment! (no, you REALLY DO NOT want to hear the whole story about her...really!)

Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: minkasmom] #481001
02/18/08 06:50 PM
02/18/08 06:50 PM
NJ
JayAndDiana Offline
Glider Slave
JayAndDiana  Offline
Glider Slave

NJ
hug2 for you! .. and atleast monday is almost over thumb

~Diana: mom to Travis (10/24/08)
4 suggies
1 Big ol' Maine coon Cat: Boots
75 gal salt water reeftank

gangel Gizzy
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: minkasmom] #481073
02/18/08 08:03 PM
02/18/08 08:03 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Minkasmom, I hate to say this, but with her being able to reach it, there may not be a choice but to try bandaging. I know something about 'granular tissue' - in horses it is also known as "proud flesh", and will increase the amount of scarring at the site a lot, even though technically it's not dangerous. In a horse, or dog or cat, that does not overgroom/sm, it's no big deal, other than a scar will look worse-ridged, uneven, and be thickened. But with a glider it could mean that it could restrict some movement in that shoulder, make it tight and uncomfortable, and it could be gone after in the future if it bugs her (or by another glider). I think I'd really try bandaging and keeping it soft with ointments underneath and attempt to keep any more tissue forming to a minimum, a 'shirt' style under the arm arrangement for at least where she can reach it. It's up to you, but if the vet didn't say, I thought someone should let you know what that can result in, and gliders don't necessarily react the way other animals do. Once proud flesh is forming it can also be difficult to restitch without debriding tissue (and removing some of the extra tissue) to get edges that will heal together. It was one of my concerns when Myst's was so big, and I knew by looking it had been there a couple days-the vet had to make it nearly twice the size in order to be able to close it, I'm just very, very lucky she can't reach it with her mouth. If she starts with her feet, though, I will have to put bandages on her back feet to keep her away from it.

Last edited by Xfilefan; 02/18/08 08:06 PM. Reason: repetetive sentence

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: Xfilefan] #481450
02/19/08 08:01 AM
02/19/08 08:01 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Jen is right about the granulated tissue. It does form thick scarring and that's been one of the issues with Mareki's patagium SM wounds. Keeping it moist with SSD ointment and some type of bandage will help to minimize the granulation.
I'm sorry you had such an ordeal again shakehead I sure hope things start going smoothly for her from here on out hug2 hug2 hug2

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: sugarglidersuz] #481460
02/19/08 08:22 AM
02/19/08 08:22 AM
Mobile,Alabama
jannee66 Offline
Glider Addict
jannee66  Offline
Glider Addict

Mobile,Alabama
hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2

wave Jannie

I heart my Sweet Spellbinding Sugar :glider:s

Glider Kisses
Pouches and Cage Sets

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: jannee66] #488823
02/27/08 01:46 PM
02/27/08 01:46 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
I can't believe it's been a WHOLE WEEK since I last posted on this...it feels more like a YEAR has evolved actually...but here's where we are as of today:

I ended up taking the entire M-clan (a total of 7) with me to Tennessee last Thursday. And things came to an UGLY head on Saturday morning when I noticed that she had a grooming wound on her LEFT shoulder as well. Who knows WHY it was there...the fact that one was starting was bad enough in itself. To complicate matters, Minka wasn't producing enough nourishment for Maisie: I noticed that she was CONSTANTLY latched to Minka and was sucking on my hand when I took her away. I tried several different angles of putting a bandage over the worse injury...no matter what I tried, she kicked it off. (Please note that I had like THE BEST person I could ever ask for standing beside me and SHE was scratching her head, too. If you'd like to see just HOW SEVERE her injury became, there's a link in the Tennessee special events forum...a slideshow with MANY pictures of Minka & the hands of many angels trying to help her.) I had to make 2 very very difficult decisions on Sunday morning:

#1 I took Maisie away from Minka (for good & forever); and

#2 I put an E-collar on Minka & started seriously treating her wounds.

In the midst of my emotional meltdown from doing these actions, I realized that I COULD NOT handle hand-raising Maisie myself...Even before all of this happened, I know that I have reached MY LIMITS!! To add raising her in the fashion she needed would NOT be fair to her, Minka, or ANY of the other gliders under my roof. So....she is now living with a (human) foster mommy who is doting over her to the same degree that I would if I were capable. I am receiving updates at LEAST 3 times daily & know that she is in VERY LOVING and VERY CAPABLE hands.

And Minka's bigger wound is AT LAST beginning to heal. (the smaller one is barely noticeable, too) This morning before I left for work, I looked at it again. There is a LARGE scab forming (something I've been waiting for lo these past 2 weeks) and it's NOT being picked on anymore...I modified her E-collar so that she can at least eat veggie relish & finely chopped fruits, but I still hand-feed her the mealies (she's getting a little spoiled & that's ok with me). I know it will be many many days before she'll be able to rejoin with the rest of her colony, but I allow her to "visit" for short periods of time to keep her spirits up.

Right, wrong or otherwise....everyone may think what they will about what was done. But it came to the point where I had to decide who was more important: mother or child. Somehow I managed to show them BOTH how important they are to me by doing what I did....and it's ALL GOOD. Game Over.

Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: minkasmom] #488844
02/27/08 02:05 PM
02/27/08 02:05 PM

V
Vickirs
Unregistered
Vickirs
Unregistered
V

thumb hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 hug2 - You did the right thing all the way around!

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: minkasmom] #488849
02/27/08 02:13 PM
02/27/08 02:13 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
sounds to me like you totally made the right decission for Minka and Maisie.

With Minka's nutients being divided between healing and nursing, sounds like neither was getting enough. Hard choice to make but sounds like the only real choice available. Now Maisie should grow like a weed and Minka can fully heal.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: Dancing] #488881
02/27/08 02:47 PM
02/27/08 02:47 PM

T
TWilson
Unregistered
TWilson
Unregistered
T

Minkasmom, hug2 to you.
I am glad your mommy is healing, and no doubt with the loving care she is receiving from you, she will continue to do so.
Hugs also for the heartbreaking decision to separate the baby from its mommy, however, that is greatest love of all, saving both their lives.

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: ] #488928
02/27/08 03:30 PM
02/27/08 03:30 PM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Denise,
I truly believe that you made the best and the only true decision available to you under the circumstances. I know it was hard for you, but you did great hug2 hug2 hug2 I'm glad to hear that Minka's wound is finally start to heal heart

Suz Enyedy

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: sugarglidersuz] #488997
02/27/08 04:57 PM
02/27/08 04:57 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Denise, Many many hug2 and prayers being sent your way. I can only imagine how your heart is breaking. You did the best you could do, and made a decision I'm sure was one of the most diffucult ones but the right one at that.
I'm happy to hear that Minka is finally on the road to recovery. hug2

Re: I'm NOT Stupid! REALLY!!! [Re: LSardou] #494512
03/04/08 01:03 PM
03/04/08 01:03 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
Well, here we are again...nearly a week later!

I know you've been reading the post about Maisie's progresses, so I thought it's time to update about Minka.

I got a picture of her from Sunday to try & show the improvements in her shoulder area. The BEST NEWS in my books is that I'm seeing new skin forming close to her "elbow" and a big scab around her shoulder. She's not fighting me as badly about the e-collar either...of course I've modified it A LOT so she can almost eat like a "normal" glider. She's sleeping in one of Karin's pouches...and she sleeps HARD. Most times I have to reach my hand in to wake her up...which is also GOOD for her healing process. heart

Enough babble, here's the picture:

http://s191.photobucket.com/albums/z164/Minkasmom/?action=view&current=MinkasShoulder.jpg

I'm hopeful that within the next week, the biggest part of this scab will fall off. I'm not going to be lured into taking that e-collar off for another 2 weeks, though, so the skin will have a chance to "toughen" before she gets a chance to groom herself. Poor baby, she looks a little ragged...but fur will grow back & glisten again with time, what matters is that she's STILL IMPROVING jump

Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 374 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,569 TEXAS
679,073 OHIO
487,151 OKLAHOMA
432,154 UTAH
321,673 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024