Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics #479660
02/17/08 04:25 AM
02/17/08 04:25 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Guess Mr. Snuggles decided he liked his newest cagemate a bit TOO much. cry I've been really sick, and other than the daily head counts, and watching the guys eat (I was off work 2 nights really ill) and play some, I didn't handle them for a few days-Nails were done Monday night and all was well with everyone then.

Had been up since Friday morning at 7 am, after sleeping on/off for about a day trying to kick this bug-got off work Sat. morning, and sat down to give all the guys some mealies on my lap (in their pouches) before I went to bed. First pouch was Flip, Snuggles, and Myst (who's been with them since shortly after Lyah died-no issues or more than the normal, minor spats. Looked down at them eating their bugs and there's this huge HOLE in Myst's neck!

Anyway, to make a long story short (and I'm going on less than 4 hours nap) I called the vet and ran her down there-the wound wasn't fresh-it had been there a couple days (and true to glider form, she didn't act like it was even there)- the size of a Nickel, and all the way through to muscle frown , Dr. Harris had to trim the edges of the wound and debride it, and stitch it closed-my poor little girl has this big stitched wound on her neck! frown She got a shot of Buprenex and antibiotic while she was under, and will be on Clindamycin and Torb for a bit. So far she seems to be handling it okay-not trying to mess with or scratch it, but it sure is nasty looking. upset

And she won't be able to go back with her friends-I have no idea what I'm going to do for a cagemate for her now, but I have until she's better to figure that out I guess. This little girl was neglected and starving when I got her-had lost the ends of 4 toes on one front hand due to her conditions (she eventually grew back 2 of the nails), lost her sister Dec. 11th, and now this. shakehead I think she and I both could have done without this week entirely.

I got some pics, not of the wound before the vet-I was in a bit of a rush to get her to Dr. Harris- but after with the stitches, and I'll take some new in the a.m.-I'll post when I get home in the morning.

Guess I should add that Mr. Snuggles IS a neutered male.

Last edited by Xfilefan; 02/17/08 02:28 PM. Reason: spelling and typo/wrong med

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: Mating Wound-Myst [Re: Xfilefan] #479664
02/17/08 05:35 AM
02/17/08 05:35 AM

R
RiverStone
Unregistered
RiverStone
Unregistered
R

OH NO SWEETIE, that's AWEFUL!!! cry hug2 I can't believe that's happened; they all seemed to be doing so well together! Its hard for me to even imagine Snug ever causing anyone else injury, but obviously *something* went wrong. upset I have no control over it, but I still feel guilty that one of my babies would ever hurt one of yours. frown I know you'll take good care of Myst; I hope she recovers fully, quickly, and without any complications whatsoever! In the mean time, take as good of care of yourself as you possibly can as well so that you can also get better, and CALL ME if you need any help or anything!

Re: Mating Wound-Myst [Re: ] #479665
02/17/08 06:00 AM
02/17/08 06:00 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
No one ever knows until it happens, and sometimes it does with one cagemate, never to happen with another. dunno Apparently the two shouldn't be in the same 'house'-I just hope he doesn't decide to do the same to Flip now. worried Then I'd be in a real mess. All I could say was thank God for second jobs! shakehead I'll tell you, tho, unless it was him, it would be Flip and I'd guarantee it wasn't her. Myst weighed in at 125 grams today, and could sit on Flip if she wanted to-not that Flip weighs much less, she's just more petite. hug2 Flip pulled her hair off again the last few days (guess I know why) but there's not a mark on her otherwise. Don't feel bad-if I had thought it would happen I wouldn't have put them together, and it doesn't matter in how I see him (although I did call him a meanie, and ask him why he felt the need to do that-I still love the little guy) hug2

Last edited by Xfilefan; 02/17/08 09:56 AM.

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: Mating Wound-Myst [Re: Xfilefan] #479690
02/17/08 09:57 AM
02/17/08 09:57 AM
NJ
JayAndDiana Offline
Glider Slave
JayAndDiana  Offline
Glider Slave

NJ
So sorry you are going thru this Jen hug2

~Diana: mom to Travis (10/24/08)
4 suggies
1 Big ol' Maine coon Cat: Boots
75 gal salt water reeftank

gangel Gizzy
Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: JayAndDiana] #479778
02/17/08 01:04 PM
02/17/08 01:04 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Okay, here's the pictures. First three are from yesterday afternoon, last two are from this morning. My poor little girl! frown need_hug It is looking like it's healing well so far, though.

Attached Files
Myst wound 3 02 16 08.jpg (155 downloads)
Day 2 Myst 1.jpg (144 downloads)
Day 2 Myst 2.jpg (141 downloads)

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Xfilefan] #479795
02/17/08 01:16 PM
02/17/08 01:16 PM

A
AmyLynn
Unregistered
AmyLynn
Unregistered
A

Poor little girl frown Hope she heals fast. hug2 sent her way.

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Xfilefan] #479800
02/17/08 01:18 PM
02/17/08 01:18 PM
Wyoming
tbull Offline
Glider Addict
tbull  Offline
Glider Addict

Wyoming
poor baby. Give her extra mealies and loves from us. hug2

T~
www.lovegliders.com

** Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for
you are crunchy and taste good with catsup **

*Proud to forever be a Boo-Boo and BJ Fan!*

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: tbull] #479845
02/17/08 02:10 PM
02/17/08 02:10 PM

S
sugar_and_spice
Unregistered
sugar_and_spice
Unregistered
S

Thinking about you and Myst! I hope she has a speedy recovery! hug2 to both of you

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: ] #479854
02/17/08 02:21 PM
02/17/08 02:21 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
She won't stop crabbing at me today-like I did this. frown I've got a little hospital cage I'm keeping in near me (black pvc coated wire, 18"x12"x24"- it was Riker's years ago when he was in the ecollar)-just took her with me to drop my son off at work, and if I even look at her she crabs! cry Gave her some mealies in her cage right now she's eating-I know she's missing her cagemates but I can't let her have them. frown She had her Torb and Clindamycin just a couple hours ago-not sure if this is all because she's lonely, in pain, or what, or everything. frown

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Xfilefan] #479859
02/17/08 02:25 PM
02/17/08 02:25 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
hug2 Jen, I'm sorry to hear this about your sweet little girl. Hopefully, she will come to realize that 'mommy Jen' is trying to make things better.
Sending you tons of hugs and prayers!!!!! hug2

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: LSardou] #479903
02/17/08 03:18 PM
02/17/08 03:18 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
I'm so sorry you and Myst are going through this! I hope your little girl gets to feeling better soon and I hope you are feeling better soon as well!!! hug2 hug2 hug2

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Xfilefan] #480241
02/17/08 09:19 PM
02/17/08 09:19 PM
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Sedona, AZ
Hi Jen,
Sorry to hear you and Myst are going through this. It is just a real nightmare to have this happen, and a long healing process. I am still on the trail of what causes one glider to chomp away on another like mine do, or did, they are still separated and will be for quite a while it seems. That is the toughest part for me, having to keep them apart while BJ heals but what are the options???
My best to both of you,
Feel better.....Pat

Pat
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.....Unknown

Rest in Peace our little sweet friends that have crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge".
I miss you gangel Boo-Boo, Lucy, BJ, and Fivel gangel
Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: ozzi] #480552
02/18/08 04:45 AM
02/18/08 04:45 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
I was going to bring Myst to work with me tonight, but one thing to understand about Myst, is as a new rescue she was incredibly wild, and while she settled lots in 3 years, still has a wild streak in her, and although will tolerate handling, she does not seek it in any way, shape or form, beyond asking for and taking treats from you. She is only pettable when eating or in her pouch. She settled quite a bit more after Lyah's death with Snug and Flip for cagemates, and seemed to lose that wary edge she always had. Unfortunately, I think I'll need to look for another little girl to share her life. But back to work. Her stitches, despite being a bit dry, were looking so good, I felt I could leave her home (since bringing her would have been more of a stressor, and not comforting with this one), so I gave her her meds, coated her stitches with Neosporin to help keep them soft, and she was eating when I left work. Tomorrow I'm going to start mixing the Silver Sulfazadine with the Neosporin to dress the wound with, and help more with soothing and healing.

Now, one thing I'm not sure if I should have done, and on the other hand think it was best, is left her hospital cage near Snug and Flip's so they can 'talk' and see each other. On the one hand, she needs the company, though won't understand why she can't be with them, and on the other I don't want either thinking the other has died or something. ohwell Thought about putting her next to Clotho and Gaea but for that.

No redness, swelling, or heat in the area so far, and she's acting pretty normal, if not quite as active, for her, so things seem to be going well. At least she finally stopped crabbing at me for looking at or talking to her-silly girl. smile For most of today you'd have thought we were right back at her first 6 months with me. shakehead

Last edited by Xfilefan; 02/18/08 04:46 AM.

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Xfilefan] #480553
02/18/08 05:38 AM
02/18/08 05:38 AM

R
RiverStone
Unregistered
RiverStone
Unregistered
R

I'm glad she's stopped being so grumpy with you, and that the wound seems to be healing well so far. hug2 I know she's never been really big on people, so I'd agree that it's probably good to keep her hospital cage near Flip and Snug for the time being, considering the personalities of the gliders involved. If Flip's been pulling out her fur again, I'm SURE she's doing it because she's worried about Myst, and if Myst were to suddenly dissapear on her completely then Flip might make herself sick with the worry and stress caused by that. Also, if Myst can at least talk with her friends for the time being, until you've figured out a better friend arrangement for her, then hopefully she'll take some of this new seperation a bit better as well - she really has been through quite a lot in the past few months already!

I know you still love Snug, and I do too, but gee - it really was a meanie thing for him to have done! frown

. . . this whole thing kinda reminds me though, have you talked with Dr. Harris about the possibility of putting Flip on some kind of anti anxiety medication yet? I remember you suggesting it as a possibility for her before, and I'm just thinking that as poorly as Flip handles change, now might be a good time to try it.

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: ] #480571
02/18/08 07:52 AM
02/18/08 07:52 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Jen, I was OOP for the weekend so am just now seeing this... I'm sorry that Myst got wounded and that you were so sick last week frown Hopefully all will be better now. I'm glad Myst has stopped being so mad at you though smile Keeping both of you in my thoughts & prayers hug2

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: sugarglidersuz] #480594
02/18/08 09:39 AM
02/18/08 09:39 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Jennifer, while I was down there there were a couple things I should have asked about and couldn't think-it's amazing I was still on my feet, and I even told her while watching her stitch Myst that there were things I had wanted to ask about, and finally gave up for that visit. You KNOW you look bad when you vet says, when you walk in the door "My God you look terrible!", lol ohwell I can hardly remember the last time I was/am that sick. Myst is going to have to go back, and I'll ask then. agree

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Xfilefan] #480617
02/18/08 11:04 AM
02/18/08 11:04 AM
Greeley, CO
Usha77 Offline
Glider Addict
Usha77  Offline
Glider Addict

Greeley, CO
hug2 Jen, I'm so sorry you and Myst are going through this. hug2

Brenda
970-616-2872
mlove
Gliders: Eugene, Sandy, Seri; Bobbi, Spice; Star, Squiddi; Pearl, Pip; Petrie; Jimny, Pinocchio; Anna & Elsa
Dogs: Nacho & Dory
RIP my glider angels: Nynaeve, Poppy, Lan, Toffee, Zoey, Tika & Tas

mlove

www.sugargroup.org

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Usha77] #480675
02/18/08 12:10 PM
02/18/08 12:10 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
Jen: Just catching up on all this, have been having my own issue with Minka having re-opened her shoulder wound this weekend...it started bleeding a little & I went spaz last night trying to get it to stop (it didn't bleed that much, I just was panicking) . Poor girl is all taped up & restrained & was rather angry at me for even TRYING to help her.

I hope that Myst doesn't go too crazy from being isolated. It's such a hard thing to have to do, I know, but it HAS to be done & that's that. I'm very glad to hear there are no signs of infection...that's always a good step in a right direction. The hardest part is having to stare at that wound for probably 3-4 weeks to come! frown It hurts US worse than it hurts them...*sigh*

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: minkasmom] #481668
02/19/08 02:28 PM
02/19/08 02:28 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
hug2 hug2 Myst will heal up fine Jen.. I wish I had an answer for her having a cagemate. I have a few of the wild rescued ones too so I know what you mean. Myst is a beautiful girl, I love her sweet face!

I hope you are feeling better. Once everything calms down (if there is such a thing (lol), it will all come into perspective. You sure do need a break girl! Life has been too hard!

hug2

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: SugarBlossoms] #481712
02/19/08 02:59 PM
02/19/08 02:59 PM
Wyoming
tbull Offline
Glider Addict
tbull  Offline
Glider Addict

Wyoming
hug2 to you and Myst. Hope you both feel better soon. hug2

T~
www.lovegliders.com

** Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for
you are crunchy and taste good with catsup **

*Proud to forever be a Boo-Boo and BJ Fan!*

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: tbull] #481744
02/19/08 03:31 PM
02/19/08 03:31 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
When I first got them, both starving, you could barely tell Myst and Lyah apart. Myst was 63 grams, Lyah was around 74-both over year old adults. Myst, though, was missing 4 toes on one front hand from tearing them off on a pouch-she regrew 2 after about 2 years, the other 2, but for a tiny fragment on the center front toe, will never come back-she lost too much of the fingers. Their nails were SO long, they couldn't let go of the side of the cage, so FOUR TRIMS later the night we brought them home, we finally dared put a pouch in for them (there was none in the cage at the home show-these are CCW gliders). Two little sisters I brought home at about a year old (or so, he wasn't sure), just before Halloween, 2004.

Lyah ended up psychotic over food. She had to stuff herself as fast as she could for fear it wouldn't be there, and nothing I could do would stop it. Rather than separate them (which likely would have killed them both), I accommodated so they could stay together. Lyah reached a max of 194 grams, Myst, until about 8 months ago, I couldn't get over 93 (she weighed in at 125 at the vet Saturday, and is FINALLY not looking anorexic!) She was 118 last Sept, but that was recent gain. The vet brought Lyah up at Saturday's appointment, and thinks she may have had some diabetes, considering the rapid tooth loss...unfortunately she got the pneumonia and succumbed to it so fast, we didn't have a chance to work with that. Lyah, though, even at her weight, had the MOST BEAUTIFUL face I've ever seen, even the vet thought so. She was truly striking. They never quite trusted completely though-I can only imagine what it took to break trust THAT badly. frown

Myst WAS getting better though, after being with Snug and Flip. The crabbing had stopped, she would actually let me pet her without flinching, then this. cry The crabbing is better than the first day of surgery, but it's like we're halfway back to square one! I sent sil a PM asking about a girl when she's healed, so we'll see where that goes. This little girl has been through SO much.

Edit: I have one of Elisabeth's (sil) girls, my Gaea. She's a beautiful little WFB (my only one) and came to be Clotho's companion when Chronos died. Those two are inseperable, and SO alike, even though Clotho literally makes TWO of Gaea, lol. Gaea is around 90 grams, Clotho is one of Monster's (Sugar monsters-Gina) joeys and around 190 grams. Sil's joeys are SO sweet, unfortunately, when trying intros, Gaea and Clotho did not like Myst at all, and apparently it was mutual. Riker and she were hate at first sight (no surprise, Riker refuses to have a cagemate, but it seems it went both ways). So I'm out of options as far as existing gliders. I think a little girl (since she had always been with her sister, previously, all her life) is the way to go, now.

Last edited by Xfilefan; 02/19/08 04:21 PM.

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Xfilefan] #481752
02/19/08 03:38 PM
02/19/08 03:38 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
I am still on the trail of what causes one glider to chomp away on another like mine do, or did,

THAT question I can answer. It is OUR fault. Or rather, the fact we keep them in cages. If a male is intent, there is only so far a girl can go, she will get tired, and he will catch her, eventually. In the wild, they can go as far as they need to, join another wild colony if necessary, to get away. That does not happen in a cage. Most of us can't even have 30 foot cages in our homes, and that would be small compared to the 40 or so ACRES a colony roams daily, not including up and down in the trees.

The same is true for Self Mutilation. It would NOT happen in the wild. Breeding practices (genetics, mills, inbreeding) and captivity have a LOT to do with it. They aren't busy fighting to survive every day in our homes (distraction)-a wild glider is never BORED. What, honestly, do we expect? A 5 foot cage seems big for such a small animal, but really it's not. And how many of us religiously have our gliders out in the tent or whatever even an hour a day?

Something to think about.

Last edited by Xfilefan; 02/19/08 04:22 PM. Reason: typo on number

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Xfilefan] #481946
02/19/08 07:43 PM
02/19/08 07:43 PM
Sedona, AZ
ozzi Offline
Glider Addict
ozzi  Offline
Glider Addict

Sedona, AZ
Thank you for that. I sit hear and read posts quietly, and add a little here and there to others posts, have a couple of my own. I have 2 (LOVE OF MY LIFE) gliders and have had them since weenie beanies, fed them with an eye dropper and the whole 9 yards. I have come to, and had to, learn a lot about Gliders as I didn't even know what they were when I got my first one. I just saw one and it was LOVE at first sight. Must sound familiar. Mine are extremely friendly and when I bring them with me places people just adore them and you know what? I discourage them all about having them as pets. These amazing creatures DO NOT belong in anyone's cage, anywhere. Just because they are "Cute and Fuzzy" creatures we keep them in cages for a LIFETIME of captivity. Hey, I am certainly an offender to that and that is a sad fact. I love these guys more than I do most people and I spend LOTS of time with them but the sad fact is they are up and TRAPPED IN A CAGE and I am sleeping. The "OUT OF CAGE time we give them (isn't that sweet of us), no matter how long it is is a joke. I put my little buddies in their cage when I have to go to bed and they claw me not to put them in. I have built a monster cage for them, 6' tall, 5' long, 2 1/2 ' wide. No matter. A cage is a cage. Do they get BORED??? Wouldn't you. And yes, the females have no place to run, as they would in the wild.
Now, just like so many others, I have to keep Boo and BJ separate cause Boo chews on BJ's neck http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/467432#Post467432 and that has been the worst. Now not only are they in cages, they are in separate cages and I guarantee they can't begin to imagine why, or what in the [censored] is going on. Sure it is for their best till BJ heals but so much of this, and all of these tragedies I have been reading about here would NOT happen if we did not have our "EXOTIC" pets in cages. All you Glider lovers out there that truly love your gliders will probably bash me but when you, as I have, reach a certain level of consciousness about what we are and what we are doing to animals in general, it is VERY HARD to look these guys in their sweet eyes with any peace as they stare out at you from inside their cages or claw me to not go back in their cages. Their cages are always clean. Their houses are always clean. A cage is a cage is a cage.
Till the day these guys cross over "Rainbow Bridge" they will be spoiled rotten. I have an outdoor tent for them in the warmer months, they have their own room in the house, but never again will I keep an animal in a cage. ANY animal. Males should always be Neutered when they are (Unfortunately) sold as pets.

Rest in Peace Fivel and Lucy. I am sorry you were born into a life of captivity but please know I did the best I could for you.

I will keep reading the posts and offer hopefully helpful information when I can.
I know you all LOVE your little ones.
Sorry this is so long Xfile Fan but you touched on a good point. I wish you and Myst all the best.
Pat

Pat
You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.....Unknown

Rest in Peace our little sweet friends that have crossed over the "Rainbow Bridge".
I miss you gangel Boo-Boo, Lucy, BJ, and Fivel gangel
Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: ozzi] #487924
02/26/08 02:01 PM
02/26/08 02:01 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Myst has her appointment with Dr. Harris to get her stitches out Saturday morning at 9 a.m. I'll try and get some more pics-she's difficult with that...it really takes two to keep her from hiding away from the camera, and if I take her out she'll bound away, lol, so. I'll see if my son will help.

Her hair is greasy looking from the mix of neosporin, silvodine cream, and E I've been putting on it, but the wound itself looks good so far. A little drier than I'd like, but at this altitude, even with all the ointments, and a humidifier, it's so dry it's hard to keep moisture in anything. I'll post pics if I have them before then, or update after the vet.

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Xfilefan] #487929
02/26/08 02:09 PM
02/26/08 02:09 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Prayers that everything will be ok. These little ones sure keep us on our toes!!

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: pappy1264] #487963
02/26/08 02:48 PM
02/26/08 02:48 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
Hope everything goes well at her appointment! hug2

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: sugarlope] #488071
02/26/08 04:29 PM
02/26/08 04:29 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
dance Stitches coming out! Myst will be much more comfy once those come out. I hope she will hold still long enough for a couple of pictures, if not, don't stress it. You're one of THE best glider moms there is Jen! Myst will be fine! hug2

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: SugarBlossoms] #488555
02/27/08 02:42 AM
02/27/08 02:42 AM

R
RiverStone
Unregistered
RiverStone
Unregistered
R

. . . I was going to say, before *I* ended up getting sick myself and forgetting to because I could barely even sit at the computer, that I don't blame you in the least for fogetting to ask about Flip and some sort of anti-anxiety medication - I forget stuff ALL THE TIME, so it'd be so NOT fair for me to bust you for it! wink hug2 I just mentioned it because I wasn't sure if you'd already asked at some other appointment, or if you'd put the idea out of your mind for a while because she'd been doing better again, or whatever.

I promise that I'm not more concerned for what Flip might do than for what Myst has already been through; I just don't want you to have to worry about any more sick or injured gliders than you need to, and I know Flip's patterns. hug2 I *will* say that I'm REALLY glad that the wound seems to be healing well, and that there haven't been any complications with that; it still SUX that she got that wound, but a wound that heals properly is much better than one that ends up with complications along the way.

If you need an extra pair of hands on Saturday morning, just let me know and I'll be there! (I've even got a digital point-and-shoot camera in my purse at all times now, if you need some help getting pics - I'm such an uber camera-nerd! wink )

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: ] #488737
02/27/08 12:06 PM
02/27/08 12:06 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Jennifer, you're more than welcome to come-if you'll be there I'll bring your babies for you to visit with-you don't need any other reason. hug2 Another pair of hands on a camera would be welcome-yours are a LOT better than mine on quality, and some of stitches coming out would be great if you'd like to do that. I'd intended to take pics of them coming out, since I didn't manage to get them going in. ohwell

And I hadn't forgotten, but just was so tired I couldn't think at all by the time I got in there. I do have valium, but I think the vet has others she might want to try, too, that she'd be more comfortable with...she brought some of them up before Flip came for another situation. I even had to call the next day and ask when she wanted me to bring Myst to have the stitches come out! shakehead

Re: Mating Wound-Myst Added Pics [Re: Xfilefan] #491633
03/01/08 11:24 AM
03/01/08 11:24 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline OP
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline OP
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
River...I'm on my way now with your babies. I know you said you'd be tired, but hope you make it. Will update on Myst when we get home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 385 guests, and 92 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,598 TEXAS
679,085 OHIO
487,177 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,700 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024