Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Ladymagyver. 03/28/24 09:57 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: pappy1264] #484912
02/23/08 12:03 AM
02/23/08 12:03 AM
Kilgore, Texas
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis
Cora  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kilgore, Texas
hug2

Oh Mary I am so sorry you and Petey are going through this. The trick to the ecollar is getting the neck to stretch instead of scrunch. Hoping things get better fast!!

USDA Licensed Breeder
903-808-1142

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm
Re: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: ] #484914
02/23/08 12:04 AM
02/23/08 12:04 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
He would not eat the pumpkin. He has not touched anything. He is burying his head under Roo and just making that awful noise as I type. He is not going after himself, but he is miserable. I will hold him all night if I have to. I will not let him sm himself before we can get him in tomorrow. I just want the night over already! He is quieting down. I think he feels more relaxed in my lap. This is what he did last night. This time I have Roo with him. They both are so tired, neither getting much sleep.

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: sugarglidersuz] #485079
02/23/08 08:13 AM
02/23/08 08:13 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
I am getting ready to head out. I stayed up as long as I could (with still being sick myself, this is hard). He is still making his noise, but did not hurt himself when I slept, THANK YOU GOD! Suz, I will bring your number with me just in case! Thank you so much, even if we were not able to get the collar on (I think it is too small for him, it is a shotgun and was really tight on him!) I did see him poop last night (before I gave him the oil). This morning, he was at least looking like he wanted to eat (I put fresh veggies out when I saw him checking the dish out. He ate one piece of corn!) Please keep us in your thoughts, roads are still a bit of a mess, got a long drive, but I want to get there and get him better! Thanks again everyone. I just had to let you know we survived the night!

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts #485263
02/23/08 03:03 PM
02/23/08 03:03 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Just spoke with Mary-Petey is on his way home, and IN an E-Collar. Very unhappy glider, but that's normal. I haven't met one yet that likes a collar.

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: Xfilefan] #485354
02/23/08 04:49 PM
02/23/08 04:49 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thank you, Jen for posting. And also a huge thank you to you and Suz as well. Where do I begin????

Yes, Petey IS in an ecollar (after a LOT of struggling to get one on him. They sedated him, but the minute he was awake, he was able to get out of it!!) They did an xray, as his bladder was totatlly full. They had to needle drain it. We still are not sure WHY he isn't peeing or pooping, although they are hoping it is just from inflammation. They added two more antibiotics, as well as a second pain med (Metacam) to see if they can bring some of the swelling down.

We got a surprise right before we left.....one of them passed a WORM! Looked to be a roundworm (not segmented), so now I get to worm the both of them!

Today was a very expensive day. After 114.00 two days ago, today cost me 474.00 (and he still will need an ultrasound and if they do find a blockage, possibly surgery!) I just went through my emergency vet fund in two days and we don't have a diagnosis and most likely not done trying to find one!

Please keep him in your thoughts, pray the swelling will go down and he will START TO PEE!

And to everyone, I really thought if the time ever came, I could get a collar on. I was wrong. While your gliders are healthy, I would tell everyone to TRY PUTTING ONE ON, before you have one where it is a necessity! I wish I had.....

So now I am tired, still worried and a little thinner in my pocketbook, but I am glad I was able to get him in. He had blood in his urine and with him blocked, well he would not have lasted until Monday.

Thank you to everyone for the good thoughts and prayers. Please keep them coming!

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: CharmedSuggies] #485411
02/23/08 06:01 PM
02/23/08 06:01 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
He keeps ending up face down (it is a satellite one). Then he steps on it with all four feet and can't move. Is that normal? I now put him in a pouch and am holding him trying to keep his face upright. He will NOT settle down (even with the Buprenex and Metacam in him!!) I am hoping holding him he will settle (Roo climbed into a pouch by herself, she is exhausted and probably is done getting hit with the ecollar!) I hope he will start getting better soon so he can get out of this collar!!!

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: pappy1264] #485424
02/23/08 06:18 PM
02/23/08 06:18 PM

I
iluvsuggies17
Unregistered
iluvsuggies17
Unregistered
I

Oh wow Mary! The poor little guy! I hope he gets better soon!!!

Yea, I had the same problem with the satellite one, falling face down and not being able to move. You may have to place him in a bin (like a sterilite bin) so he doesnt get stuck like he is in the cage. YOu also may have to fashion a special sleep hammock for him because he will not really be able to sleep. Or even a pile of fleece where he can sink down in the middle. And you may need to get one of those special bird feeder/water tubes so he can eat from that since he wont be able to eat from a bowl. Unless you plan on hand feeding him.....although it sounds like he's not eating much anyway. Poor little guy!

Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: ] #485432
02/23/08 06:31 PM
02/23/08 06:31 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
right now I am holding him in a very big pouch (he is settled a little, and this way I can keep him upright!) On a good note, just cut his nails (only his front, so he doesn't slip). He also just took some nectar from a syringe (drank 1.0ml) so that is good. I also just mixed half and half that with pedialyte (he only took a few drops, but he may not want anymore to drink right now.) I do have two of those bird feeders, but I don't think he can even manage that right now (I may try making a relish later and see if he will eat that). I think he is more comfortable in my lap now (he's been sleeping that way last two nights!) He has to be exhausted! (I know I am!) I may set him up tonight in the sterilite box later. This is so hard.....I look at him and just want to cry. I took a couple of pics (have to download them.) Will post them when I do.

Mary
pics of petey in ecollar #485489
02/23/08 07:53 PM
02/23/08 07:53 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
I am holding him in one hand and typing w/the other.....here are some pics of my poor guy...so pitiful.

Attached Files
poor petey 1.jpg (103 downloads)
poor petey 2.jpg (79 downloads)
poor petey 3.jpg (67 downloads)
poor petey 4.jpg (72 downloads)

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: pappy1264] #485624
02/23/08 10:27 PM
02/23/08 10:27 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
New update....PETEY IS PEEING AND EATING AND DRINKING!!!!! He slept in my hands for about three hours and when he 'goes', he gets up upset because he can't get to it, but he is getting soaked, so its COMING OUT! WOOHOO!! (I keep cleaning him up.) He is drinking pedialyte mixed with nectar and he ate corn for me (it is his favorite, and I am happy he wanted to eat something!) Since he can't use his feet to hold it, I would take one kernal at a time and squeeze the insides out and hold it while he ate it (he nailed my finger once, he is HUNGRY!!!) He also ate some hawaian delight baby food! It's a start!! I have to hand feed. He cannot move around (I spoke to Suz, when hubby gets home, we are going to make that collar a little smaller so he won't keep flipping and then stepping on it!) Right now, he and Roo are in an ENORMOUS pouch (so he can fit). I was debating putting him in a smaller cage, but figured he would be more at ease in his own. I have to go check on him, but wanted to update......please keep those prayers coming, but I am so much more optimistic now!!!

Mary
Re: pics of petey in ecollar [Re: SugarBlossoms] #485860
02/24/08 10:46 AM
02/24/08 10:46 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thanks guys. The little bugger has to be feeling better. Last night, even after trimming the collar, he still was flipping over, so I put a sterilite box with fleece and a pouch inside. When I went to bed, he and Roo were sleeping peacefully. I woke up at 4 and checked on them.....he was climbing the side of the cage! (He could NOT climb out of that box, he had to have jumped! I bet Roo got out, so he wanted to be with her!) I scooped him and her into the pouch and they went to sleep! They are sleeping right now. I am HOPING I will see him poop today! Then I will know nothing is blocked anymore! When this is done (and he is better) I will be putting ecollars on every one of mine, so I KNOW I can do it (while they are healthy!) That was one of the most awful feelings in the world and I NEVER want to be in that position again. I felt like such a failure and I am SO THANKFUL he didn't sm, esp. knowing what he had to be feeling! I thought I loved that boy before all this.....he's going to be sick of me handling him all the time now! (He NEVER let me hold him before this and he has been here almost a year! He would climb on me, but not hold him! who would think this could STREGNTHEN our bond!!!)

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: GliderGuy93] #485873
02/24/08 10:56 AM
02/24/08 10:56 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thanks everyone! We are still not 100% sure all that is going on and caused this. The things that seem to be involved are blocked/infected scent glands, UTI, worms and not being able to pee or poop! He stopped eating and it took two days to get him in an ecollar (the whole time making the dreaded 'sm noise', but Thank God, he didn't start chewing himself, only licking like crazy!) I pray he continues to improve and this never happens again. But as said, I had thought if the time came I could get a collar on my gliders, and I was dead wrong! I am so thankful Petey did not pay for my incompetence. I plan on practicing on all my gliders (even thoough I know they will hate it!) And one thing that was good, I was able to cut Peteys' nails (none of mine are very good at getting it done) so when I do 'practice', they will all be getting a manicure at that time, too! (Then extra mealies for everyone!!! lol)

Again I have to thank everyone here for their care and support during this time. This has been so extremely difficult and I don't know what I would have done without you all! Petey says thanks too!!!

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: ] #485961
02/24/08 12:59 PM
02/24/08 12:59 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thanks! (Yes, he can't reach my hands to bite them when I am clipping his nails!!!) Trust me, my others won't be thrilled either, but hey, it will serve two purposes (getting me used to collaring them as well as them getting them cut! And just maybe if they get it done on a regular basis, if the time came they NEEDED ONE it may not be quite as traumatic for them.....at least it sounds good in concept!)

He ate more corn this morning (have to make up a new batch of PP diet today, so hopefully later he will want to eat all that....I will handfeed him). He was pottying down the bottom of the cage (peeing) and he only made a tiny noise and he had not even had any pain meds since 10 pm last night! He is comfortable, so I am holding back a little to see if he will need the pain meds (they want me to do it twice a day if needed, so following his lead). I know pain meds can slow pottying down, so if he is doing better and doesn't need them (or as least not as often) I think it will be better for him.

Anyway, he is doing better manuevering around. He using his hammock (I put one that goes from one side to the other halfway up his cage) to land on and then hung upside down and jumped to the bottom today, so he is definitely doing better! He has not crabbed since last night (he was making a little hissing noise, but MUCH BETTER than he had been, so I am optimistic the meds are doing the job!!!)

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: ] #486082
02/24/08 03:04 PM
02/24/08 03:04 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
Tears of joy for you and Petey, Mary!!! You know that the pain meds will also affect his appetite (the more pain meds, the less the desire to eat), so if you can cut back on the meds, you'll see his appetite come back.

I'm very very happy to hear that his activity level is increasing little by little!

Nothing but good news!!! mlove

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: minkasmom] #486097
02/24/08 03:37 PM
02/24/08 03:37 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thank you! I can't believe the difference in him in less than 24 hours! We will be going back in first thing to see the vet, but I am so encouraged just to see how he is acting. I just hope he will continue to improve (and the collar can come off soon, as I know he will be so much happier without it! Course, going to do those back nails once I get the ok to take it off, BEFORE I take it off!! lol) Trust me, tears here right along with you!!! I am SO PROUD of my former 'pitbull' (sorry, I know that isn't pc,). He has NEVER let me hold him outside of the pouch (which I was fine with) and now he has had to endure so much holding, I think he actually LIKES IT NOW! We will see if when all this is said and done if he stays that way or if he goes back to biting my hands! lol

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: ] #486157
02/24/08 04:35 PM
02/24/08 04:35 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thanks. He just was out pottying (I heard him crabbing a little and went in, he was trying to get out of the pouch. I think the urine is burning as it comes out (sorry to be so descriptive). But the fact he is going is a good thing! We still have a long away ahead of us, but I believe he is starting to get better...

Mary
Re: pics of petey in ecollar [Re: scraptilldawn] #486201
02/24/08 05:40 PM
02/24/08 05:40 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
I would suggest everyone get at least one of the 'snap' satellite ones. It was awful hearing him making those awful sounds and praying he would not start eating himself alive. I was terrified and prayed harder than I ever have in my life. I cannot even begin to express how thankful I am that he didn't start chewing!! It was a LOT harder than I thought it would be to get a collar on. As it was, it took three people to get this one on Petey (vet tech held him, vet stretched his neck in the 'tortoise hold' and I got the collar on.) Then we watching him roll around to make sure he could breath (he was crabbing his head off....if he can crab, he can breath!) It is very hard to watch them struggling to get it off, but I know it is necessary and he has stopped messing with it finally! Thanks. Please keep those prayers coming, we still have a long way to go!

Mary
Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts #486744
02/25/08 08:13 AM
02/25/08 08:13 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thank you, Tammy. He climbs out when he pottys. I have been drying his backend with pieces of fleece. He is crabbing so much less than he was. I am bringing him in today to make sure that bladder is not enlarged, but I THINK/PRAY he is on the way back up! All that is needed now is being able to take that collar off, so he can eat on his own (as he wants to!) He can't manage even using the bird feeders. So I have been handfeeding him (he looks at me with such trust and thanks in his eyes, my heart just melts!!)

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: pappy1264] #486768
02/25/08 09:07 AM
02/25/08 09:07 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Sometimes with a UTI, if it hurts bad enough, they will hold it instead of going, because of the pain. If it gets inflamed and over full, it CAN make it so they are unable to go on their own, or even prolapse the bladder(know of that in one case). Emptying the bladder, and reducing the pain/inflammation, may have done the trick at getting things moving. It sounds like he is starting to go okay, and should get better as the infection and it's side effects (pain/swelling) go away.

If it helps, I went through a similar nighmare with Riker-new 1st glider, never used a collar, he'd chewed on me instead of himself for 3 days before I even heard of one. Being in this siutation really drives home a point-until you've been there, no matter how many times you've read about it, the reality is still abstract. Back then, no one had hardly heard of it, and there weren't all the stories here.

I'm SO glad you and Petey are through the hardest part and he's improving! hug2

Edit: pain meds can also be constipating-so if he's doing good without them, great. The Metacam would be the exception-it's pain relieving effects are mild, but it's a good anti-inflammatory.

Last edited by Xfilefan; 02/25/08 09:10 AM.

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: Xfilefan] #486774
02/25/08 09:39 AM
02/25/08 09:39 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
He is definitely feeling more like himself...when I went to try to get him out this morning, he was crabbing AT ME! lol I gave him his meds, we are going down today at 2:30, so will know more than. I held off on the wormer, due to the fact he was having potty issues, did not want to have him needing to go and not able to. I will see if the vet wants me to give them now, or hold off a few more days to make sure the swelling thing is past! Thanks, I will keep you posted.

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: LSardou] #487222
02/25/08 07:01 PM
02/25/08 07:01 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Good News.....he got an 'all clear' at the vets today!! YIPPEE!!!! My poor boy had infected and impacted anal glands, a raging UTI, parasites (worms) and then his cloaca swelled shut and it caused everything to back up and it almost killed him. The vet today told me (she is the one we saw first, not Saturday) she looked at the xrays and she said it is a miracle my boy didn't go into complete kidney failure. She said from the look of it, he had hours and he would have passed. And she said even more amazing is the fact he didn't sm as he had to be in excrutiating pain from everything. He was also lucky he did not get blood poisoning! He literally is a miracle! He was crabbing his head off and peed all over her! (It was nice and clear under the scope, no more yucky stuff!) Saturdays urine was so loaded with white cells and something else (not crystals or stones) but she said he had one of the worst UTI's she had ever seen based on the findings! He is to finish all his antibiotics, she wants him on the Metacam one more day (she said if I want I can give him Buprenex tonight, but really felt he didn't need it and it does make them have less appetite, so I may not and see how he does. I can always give it later if he has trouble.) He has not made any noise while pottying in almost 24 hours. Collar on for another 24-48 hours, to make sure he really won't have any more issues and call them if anything goes differently than expected, but she said we don't need to come back again! WOOHOO........Petey my little miracle boy!

I cannot say thank you enough to everyone here. The support I received here was invaluable and I would have been lost without all of you! Petey owes his life to the help we received and for that I will forever be indebted and thankful. As I know this could have very easily had a very different outcome. Love your babies tonight, this came out of nowhere and I almost lost him.

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: LSardou] #487288
02/25/08 08:06 PM
02/25/08 08:06 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thank you, Linda! I was terrified, but I could not let him down! I don't know how this will effect our bond (at least short term), as right now, he is pretty po'd at me...lol But I will take that feisty little boy over the too sick to put up a fight any day!!!! He is my little Petey, crab and all and I LOVE HIM TO PIECES!!!!

And fours years ago, when my dog was fight cancer and the vet made a mistake with chemo, I KNEW something was wrong. But I let him convince me "I was just a worried mom". I didn't listen to my gut telling me something was seriously wrong. We lost Jake to kidney failure. If I had not listened to him, or gone to another vet, things may have gone differently. I KNEW Petey was sick, and I really felt I was losing him. I prayed more then I ever have, to just help him hold on until Saturday when we could get to the vets. I'm so thankful someone was listening! I don't know how I would have got over it if he had passed that night. He was in such pain and I kept looking into his eyes and telling him how sorry I was and how much I loved him and that he had to hold on and fight. Ok, now I'm crying again....oh darn it anyhow! lol Happy tears, at least! Thanks!

Last edited by pappy1264; 02/25/08 08:11 PM.

Mary
Re: Part 2: Please keep Petey in your thoughts [Re: scraptilldawn] #487314
02/25/08 08:27 PM
02/25/08 08:27 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
laugh I will never again not 'practice' before something happens! I have never felt as awful as I did hearing him making that noise and not being able to get that collar on! And believe me, I tried. I was in the tub with him for two hours trying. We both were exhausted. I finally stopped because I was afraid he would die of a heart attack! Get those collars and practice putting them on now! And Petey, THANK YOU for not sm'ing, as I know you so easily could. Instead, you put your trust in me and together we got through this!

Mary
Petey update (new) #489131
02/27/08 06:54 PM
02/27/08 06:54 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Today was a big day.....PETEY'S ECOLLAR CAME OFF! WOOHOO! (I made sure to finish cutting all his nails, give his backend a good cleaning and give him all his meds, including the wormer...lol) Tonight will be the first time he gets his meds without the collar on (when he isn't feeling sick), so it should be interesting! He is now only on his two antibiotics, no more pain meds (stopped the Buprenex over 24 hours ago, got his last Metacam last night). I am sure he will be thrilled to be able to eat on his own tonight (but hoping me might still let me feed him his corn....going to miss that! lol) I am amazed, to look at him, you would never even know he almost died Saturday!! Thank you again for all the good thoughts, wishes and prayers. They meant so much to me and helped me to keep positive!! WOOHOO, PETEY'S A FREE MAN!!

Mary
Re: Petey update (new) [Re: sugarglidersuz] #489298
02/27/08 09:40 PM
02/27/08 09:40 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thank you. Ok, ready for this one???? I just did his meds (was not sure if he would fight me, now that the collar is not on), he didn't. I thought he would not want me to hand feed him his corn anymore now that he can do it himself, he did (and even though he has the use of his hands back, he still chose to brace it against my fingertip as he had to before when the collar was on.) And ready for this....the boy that came to me because he was so aggressive he had been rehomed three times and who up until this never let me hold him....RUBBED HIS HEAD ALL OVER MY HAND!!!! He held onto my fingers and just rubbed and rubbed! OMG!!!! HE LOVES ME! I was crying and trying not to make any noise, so as to not scare him! I cannot even come close to explaining the way this makes me feel! Suz, I had told you I was so afraid this would ruin the trust we had built. You told me it would make that trust and bond stronger....you were SO RIGHT! I am so happy right now and still crying!!!

Mary
Re: Petey update (new) [Re: ] #489358
02/27/08 10:38 PM
02/27/08 10:38 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
I just put their dishes in.....he came right out and ate! WOOHOO!!! Petey is back!!!!

Thanks guys. I am blown away with how he has been through all this. In a million years, I would not have imagined this happening and then having him turn out this way!! Petey has never handled going out in the bonding bag (he is ok in the house, but not outside), but I think he MAY actually be able to handle it now (he got so used to being with me.) Definitely going to give it another shot.....

Mary
Petey Update - Part 3 #489581
02/28/08 07:37 AM
02/28/08 07:37 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Quote:
Suz, I had told you I was so afraid this would ruin the trust we had built. You told me it would make that trust and bond stronger....you were SO RIGHT! I am so happy right now and still crying!!!
Mary,
I'm so very happy and thrilled for you dance It really did help your bond, as is often the case in these situations heart Your Petey is back and even trusts you now!!! WoooooooHoooooooooooo!!!

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: Petey Update - Part 3 [Re: sugarglidersuz] #489584
02/28/08 07:47 AM
02/28/08 07:47 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
And he ate his mealies last night! He has not been eating them (started about two days before he started making that noise.) It was so great to see him able to sit at his dish and eat! He sat there holding food in each hand going back and forth. Life is good!!!! Thank you again!

Mary
Petey Update - Part 3 #489700
02/28/08 11:22 AM
02/28/08 11:22 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Thanks guys! Petey sends his love and thanks to everyone, too!!

Mary
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 520 guests, and 91 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,161
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,658 TEXAS
679,107 OHIO
487,230 OKLAHOMA
432,232 UTAH
321,758 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024