Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ValkyrieMome] #500254
03/10/08 04:48 PM
03/10/08 04:48 PM
USA
sweetheart26 Offline
Glider Addict
sweetheart26  Offline
Glider Addict

USA
Originally Posted By: ValkyrieMome
Maybe, maybe not. But Ron Wright DOES work for Kathy. And he and people in his booth DO recommend pocket knife neutering. In fact, they were DOING it at the Flea market - and extra $50, done while you wait!

Kathy was "horrified" to learn of this procedure, and was going to "take care of it". Guess what? Still being done. No action taken.

They work for Kathy - she is responsible. She is aware of the situation, and has taken no action. She IS A MILL BREEDER.
whos Kathy is she a glider breeder??? just asking i dont know who she is..

mom to sugar gliders storm,thunder,lighting,snowball,rosebud,winter,string,summer fall and sweet.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: Dancing] #500441
03/10/08 08:54 PM
03/10/08 08:54 PM

S
SuggieLovers
Unregistered
SuggieLovers
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: Dancing
I will add here too about the comment about paying $300 for an adult with baggage...

Many many rescues are available with NO adoption fee what so ever.

Yes, some adults have baggage but guess what...some joeys are so traumatized by being pulled from their parents at an early age that they have severe trust issues and/or severe health issues.

Responsible breeders do not pull their joeys before 8-12 weeks oop. Even the joeys that are eating on their own, next to mom and dad, at 5 weeks. Just because they can eat does NOT mean they should be pulled from mom and dad. They learn so much from the parents.

I hope this isn't too off topic, but I have a friend that had a pair of gliders that had joeys. Her momma dehydrated when the babies were 7 weeks oop, and when she took her to the vet, her vet told her to pull the joeys when they were 6 weeks oop because they will suck their momma dry. Now I am reading on here never pull a joey before 8 weeks so that is contradicting what this vet told her to do. Is it a proven fact that you must keep the joeys with their parents until they are 8 weeks old, or is that just peoples opinion? Only asking because I am not sure why he would tell her that. He dealt with all kinds of exotics before he passed a few months ago.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500462
03/10/08 09:25 PM
03/10/08 09:25 PM
NW Missouri
princessmegi Offline
Serious Glideritis
princessmegi  Offline
Serious Glideritis

NW Missouri
The vet's advice is incorrect. I don't know of a single breeder that is reputable who would ever do that unless the joey was being rejected and needed to be handfed. Mom will wean her joeys on her own. That is how things are naturally. If they sucked Mom dry, how would they survive in the wild? Joeys start to wean at 5-6 wks oop, but continuing learning very necessary lessons from their parents past that. Some breeders even prefer to keep the joeys until 12 weeks, but they should never be separated before 8 wks.

"My doctrine is this: that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and we do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt." ~ Anna Sewell, English Novelist
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: princessmegi] #500497
03/10/08 10:11 PM
03/10/08 10:11 PM
Cornersville TN I'M HOME :)
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

To add what megi said a diet the babies can eat should be in the cage not pellets. Then they can start the process of eating on their own.

Katy grrrr need i say more.. well i will I was asked tonight before I even got in from VA if I wanted to buy 3 gliders the owner is STUCK with! Guess where they came from.

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

My runaways 4/04 Lilo, 5/04 Dash & Angel

angel Sprite Says GO STEALTH!! at
AtticWorx
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500539
03/10/08 10:48 PM
03/10/08 10:48 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Originally Posted By: SuggieLovers

I hope this isn't too off topic, but I have a friend that had a pair of gliders that had joeys. Her momma dehydrated when the babies were 7 weeks oop, and when she took her to the vet, her vet told her to pull the joeys when they were 6 weeks oop because they will suck their momma dry. Now I am reading on here never pull a joey before 8 weeks so that is contradicting what this vet told her to do. Is it a proven fact that you must keep the joeys with their parents until they are 8 weeks old, or is that just peoples opinion? Only asking because I am not sure why he would tell her that. He dealt with all kinds of exotics before he passed a few months ago.

Since the mother had a medical problem, the vet was correct.

Personally, I would have fed the joeys in hopes they didn't want much from the mother but if the mother was bad off, I believe the vet's idea was best.

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: SugarBlossoms] #500542
03/10/08 10:50 PM
03/10/08 10:50 PM
NW Missouri
princessmegi Offline
Serious Glideritis
princessmegi  Offline
Serious Glideritis

NW Missouri
I did not see that the mother was dehydrated. Sorry. In that case I would have left the babies with their parents, but supplemented the babies so that they had no need to nurse.

"My doctrine is this: that if we see cruelty or wrong that we have the power to stop, and we do nothing, we make ourselves sharers in the guilt." ~ Anna Sewell, English Novelist
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: cyndiekb] #500607
03/10/08 11:56 PM
03/10/08 11:56 PM

R
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
R

I see the fun never stops. I thought we grew up and got over this before but I guess not. Funny its the SAME people with the same issue, except now they are lying as well and that I WON'T stand for it. I feel it is only right that both sides be heard when people want to slander someone. First off I want to address Jill, my friend from Franklin. You say that I was on here before and made "false promises". Please be specific. There have been SEVERAL changes at Turtlecreek. You said you have been there several times. Last time I was on here I invited ANYONE who had an issue to come out and speak with me directly. ANYONE....HELLO. 1 person had the moxie to come and talk to me and when they gave a decent review everyone started saying I was her boyfriend or some [censored]. You say we use wire wheels...ummm....NO. We actually switched wheels awhile back after getting input from people on here on which wheels to use. I'm sure no matter what wheel we have it's not good enough. You say we have small cages...we have starter kits. We tell people these are just to get the glider home and set up. We also have much larger cages with stands that we tell people we recommend WHEN THEY ARE READY for a larger cage. You know you are suppose to get your gliders out as well...not just put them in a cage and let them be. Tends to make 'em grumpy. ANY issue you wish to address I am free to communicate with you on.
Now let me address ValkyrieMome. You have a real problem with the truth. I am only going to address 1 issue with you. The one where you said I recommend "pocket knife neutering". This statement bothers me so bad I really have to be careful here. I have said on here MANY TIMES that I do NOT condone neutering of gliders. IF a person wants their glider neutered I have posted on here EXACTLY who we recommend do it. And YES...it is a licensed vet. We have CLEARLY posted a neutering policy in the booth at both Turtle and Ceasers Creek Markets. I am calling ANYONE out who has PHYSICAL PROOF that anyone has neutered a glider on or off Flea Market property. This is the technology era people...phones with cameras, mini recording devices. I know if there is neutering going on SOMEONE has to have more then..."oh well she did this or she did that"....Bring me something...ANYTHING. Cause I'll tell you what...If I do find out that there is neutering going on in Ohio... I will personally make sure that person is removed from the market. I told Greg Dove that and I still mean it to this day. Neutering a glider should ONLY be done by a licensed vet in a sterile enviroment and anyone who thinks I have a view other then that is a LIAR. Plain and Simple. I guarentee you have never here the words "neutered while you wait" EVER leave my lips.
Enough on that. Real quick I want to ask something. You people bag on us for buying back gliders..for rescuing gliders. You say we don't check people to make sure they are a good person and a swell glider owner. Are we suppposed to go to these peoples houses, inspect their cupboards, do a credit check, blood and DNA work ups? Do any of you? Anyone HONESTLY say they do a home inspection of a stranger to buy one of their gliders.....I doubt it. We do what we can to make sure the customer has as much info as possible when they leave the booth. If they aren't sure we tell them to go home and study up online. I tell people we are there every weekend, come back if they have questions or want to purchase. There is NO PUSH for anyone to buy a glider. We buy back back babies when we feel they are old enough, at the same time we have refused gliders that looked to young. We are not selling out of the back of a truck, and we are not stupid. I don't claim to know everything about gliders but I know where to get information. This is a business people, and it's legal. Just like puppies and little fish, and snakes and rabbits. Our customers return to get things and we see the gliders, we see how they are doing and 99% of the time they are gorgous. We do everything we can so please...Stop lying.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500612
03/11/08 12:04 AM
03/11/08 12:04 AM

R
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
R

Oh...one more thing. People say we buy and sell gliders to young. Let me share what happened a couple weeks ago. Guy comes into Turtlecreek wanting us to buy back his gliders. We told him no cause they were to young to be away from their parents. The guy got mad and cussed out my wife then went out in front of our booth and told people he would sell them for half what we charge. Also said we didn't know what we were talking about all because we DIDN'T buy his 4 week old babies. Thats how turn and burn we are.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500622
03/11/08 12:20 AM
03/11/08 12:20 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Oh Ron - please don't start AGAIN with the lies. It wasn't amusing last time, it isn't this time.

Everything you say is either a lie or a half-truth. Like the person who posted before you ... nothing you say changes the ABSOLUTE FACT that you represent a mill breeder. You argue semantics ... "*I* never said pocket knife neuter!" Well, congratulations for you! It is still being done, however, and Kathy knows about it. Because of the last little chit chat you had over here - where it was brought out with PROOF and Kathy was called, and acted SHOCKED! But the woman still works for her, doesn't she!?

I don't care if YOU said it or one other of the drones said it! It is semantics.

And do reputable people ask questions before selling gliders! Yes! They don't work at flea markets and hand over babies to the first person with bucks.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ValkyrieMome] #500625
03/11/08 12:23 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Back ON TOPIC please!

The thread was started so that we can share our observations, so hopefully new owners can avoid buying from mill breeders.

So - are there other characteristics of mill breeders?

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500628

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Wasn't it a proven fact very recently that someone was indeed doing the pocket knife neuters at one of the Ohio markets and was that vendor not fined for it? At least that is what I gathered from the previous thread on this subject.

Oh Sherry....which vet was it that recommended the joeys be pulled from their mom? I've spent a lot of time in the area and would be curious to know which one. It's ok that he 'recently passed', I'm just curious which one it was.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ValkyrieMome] #500632
03/11/08 12:27 AM
03/11/08 12:27 AM

M
Melissa2721
Unregistered
Melissa2721
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: ValkyrieMome
Back ON TOPIC please!

The thread was started so that we can share our observations, so hopefully new owners can avoid buying from mill breeders.

clap
Let Ron talk all he wants, the people here at GC know the truth thumb

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500638
03/11/08 12:32 AM
03/11/08 12:32 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
well, It is true that everything he says kinda confirms my point.

Kinda like a Jeff Foxworthy monologue: "You may be a mill breeder if ..."

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500645
03/11/08 12:40 AM
03/11/08 12:40 AM

R
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
R

Oh no Val...you fired the first stone. Im courious how you say your in Illinois but you know sssooooooo much about our market. Must travel alot to different markets in different states huh? I am also courious to know what this "proof" was because we saw NOTHING. Someone has the stones to slander behind our back but wont come to the table. Seems like alot of internet chitty chats with nothing better to do. Let me see if i can start a rumor about seeing bigfoot and see if we can't start some internet gossip. You say I lie but if you go back and read my threads we have made the changes I told you we would make. If someone is rogue and doing things that they shouldn't then why not come to us and let us handle it. I already said I would be more then willing to run their [censored] out of Ohio. Wanna test me? Show me something! PLain and simple. You wanna make me out to be somebad guy and all you do it yap, yap, yap. Makes me wonder what kind of glider owner you are!

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500649
03/11/08 12:43 AM
03/11/08 12:43 AM

R
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
R

What point???????? Still waiting on that. Obviously the "proof" wasn't enough that Greg demanded anyone be fired huh? I'm sure he could have. We did EVERYTHING we were required to do. Again if someone is going rogue then we need to know about it so WE can fix the problem.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500652
03/11/08 12:47 AM
03/11/08 12:47 AM

R
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
R

And suggiemom please get your facts straight as well. Your information is wrong.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500656
03/11/08 12:50 AM
03/11/08 12:50 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
LOL

You might be a mill breeder if ....

Ron - let's stick to facts, ok.

I started this thread to discuss the exact things that make someone a mill breeder, rather than a reputable, respected breeder.

You have said that your flea market booth does not do ONE of a list of about 9 or 10 characteristics of a mill breeder. Whereas there was proof - and even phone conversations - of that woman doing pocket knife neuters ... ok - that wasn't at YOUR little corner of the Mill Breeding world. Clarify for me - you work for Gliders R Us, right?

You, like "fliptout" previously in this thread, have just proved the point that you work for a mill breeder, not refuted it in any way.

Let me know when you see Big Foot. I'd be interested in *that*.

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500661
03/11/08 12:53 AM
03/11/08 12:53 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Please keep this thread on topic.

Originally Posted By: GC Rule#4
GliderCENTRAL is a family oriented board, and we keep things “G” rated. This means Illegal substances, Illegal activities, flaming, sexually explicit subjects, cursing, spamming, harassing, diet bashing and abusive or negative personal posts are not allowed. Posts and sometimes entire topics that contain such content will be removed, and the poster(s) may be warned, suspended or banned at the discretion of the board administrators. Abuse, flaming or inappropriate comments directed toward GliderCENTRAL, its Moderators and Administrators, or failure to comply with the direction of a Moderator or Administrator, the poster(s) may be warned, suspended or banned at the discretion of the board administrators. Please keep any personal matters off the board, take it to email or pm. Please keep in mind that board rules do apply when using the pm feature.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ValkyrieMome] #500662
03/11/08 12:54 AM
03/11/08 12:54 AM
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

and just why do you all think there can't be a big foot? so much land so little man brains to check it all out

sorry i was sticking up for poor big foot before I saw the Back on topic.

PS mill breeders GRRRRRRRRR

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ValkyrieMome] #500667
03/11/08 01:00 AM
03/11/08 01:00 AM

R
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
R

Are you a breeder? I recieve no money from Gliders 'R Us. Kathy has never given me a dime. No one ever said Kathy wasn't a breeder. Matter of fact she has been a successful breeder for well over 17 yrs. You have never been to Kathy's, and I doubt you ever will. You don't know me...again doubt you ever will. Yet somehow you seem to think in your own erogant way that you know us. You don't know anything. You spout...your mad...your bitter...whatever your reason. A phone conversation...please present the recording.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500677
03/11/08 01:09 AM
03/11/08 01:09 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Please stop making this personal, Ron. I am trying to keep on topic of what makes a mill breeder, rather than a responsible breeder.

I don't know you, I don't know Kathy. I know that characteristics of a mill breeder.

1) A mill breeder is someone who sells their gliders to anyone with the available money.

2) You don't care where the gliders go, you don't interview the buyers, you don't follow up and make sure your babies got a good home.

3) When you are selling so many babies in A WEEK that they have numbers, and you never even met the person buying them.

4) If the females are always pregnant, and then rehomed or "euthanized" when they are no longer productive.

5) If the joeys are pulled too soon, so that the mother can focus on the ones she is ALREADY pregnant with.

6) A mill breeder sells so many gliders that they can set up to "franchise" them.

7) If the "breeder" is selling sick gliders/joeys and has no care of the health or well being of a glider.

8) A mill breeder most likely has no idea of an exact oop date for their gliders.

9) Any person or individual working for the breeder makes claims as to the need for (or lack there of) veterinary care, and/or offers to "save you money" by doing veterinary procedures themselves.

10) If a mill breeder has so many employees that he/she can't keep track of them and what they are doing.

If you can answer yes to two or more of these ... you just might be a mill breeder.

Last edited by ValkyrieMome; 03/11/08 01:34 AM.

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500680
03/11/08 01:12 AM
03/11/08 01:12 AM
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

a mill breeder sells in bulk to people who have no interest in where their new money making item is going. A mill breeder sells young joeys by the handful and ships them all over not worrying about the lost ones that don't make it. The people who BUY from the mill breeders ARE JUST AS GUILTY for taking those lives and in many cases MORE GUILTY because if they would stand for better conditions this would not/could not continue. I have talked to pet store owners who bought from a mill in FL. Many think this mill is ok but if I buy 10 gilders for $25 each it is no big deal if a few die. HUHH WHAT!

Last edited by cyndiekb; 03/11/08 01:14 AM. Reason: hostile fingers got ahead of me

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: cyndiekb] #500686
03/11/08 01:17 AM
03/11/08 01:17 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
argh. That hurts, Cyndie. I bought my first glider from a mill breeder. I didn't know better.

I've felt guilty about it ever since I learned ... In fact, that's one of the main reasons I have 6 additional rescues - as part of my penance. These gliders give and give. Taking in my rescues is my way of giving back.

I hate that I supported a mill breeder by giving him any money at all. I'm glad I came here and learned more. And I'm so sorry for all the babies in this area that I see advertised ... because most of them came from that same breeder.

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ValkyrieMome] #500691
03/11/08 01:24 AM
03/11/08 01:24 AM
cyndiekb Offline
Serious Glideritis
cyndiekb  Offline
Serious Glideritis

ahh but you have learned as I have I bought from a flea market (yep under age and bad diet info) it is those people who continue to do this over and over that make me wanna slap someone

Guess I need to clarify not the 3rd in line to get the gliders but the one paying the mills the discount price so they can turn around and sell for 200-300 each. See it is ok because at that price they covered the dead arrivals too. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. argg I better get to bed just thinking about these home show and flea market sellers is making me (locks away sharp objects, Nice KB lets work on the laws, whew )

did I tell you all I was asked to take in 3 originally from G-r-U. I was not even home from my trip to VA this weekend!grrrr mill breeders

Last edited by cyndiekb; 03/11/08 01:32 AM. Reason: clarify

cyndiekb

I heart & miss you HALEY

AtticWorx
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ValkyrieMome] #500693
03/11/08 01:25 AM
03/11/08 01:25 AM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
10. If a mill breeder has so many employees that he/she can't keep track of them and what they are doing....

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: Dancing] #500701
03/11/08 01:34 AM
03/11/08 01:34 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Thank you, Dancing - I knew I missed at least one!

No - I didn't hear that, Cyndi. It hurts my heart. I wish I could take in every one I see advertised ... but I just can't. Then I'd be as bad as they are - because I couldn't give love to my glider babies!

And then there is little Dewey - who after being with his owner for FOUR weeks, is no up to 32 grams! And NOW looks like an 8 week old joey. It is just so sad. mill breeder. Perfect Pocket Pets, in Dewey's case.

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: cyndiekb] #500702
03/11/08 01:35 AM
03/11/08 01:35 AM

R
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
Ron_Wright
Unregistered
R

K..let me answer these.

1) False. We have refused to sell to people based on what we see and hear. We talk to everyone who purchases.

2) False. We Again we talk to everyone who purchases, they come back in time and again and bring their gliders in for us to see. When there is a problem or questions we have had people call our private number to try and help them.

3) Not exactly sure what you mean in #3.Our gliders don't have names or numbers and trust me...we talk to everyone who buys a glider.

4) False. The females are ot always pregnant. They are not force bred. We don't move them from cage to cage to constantly keep them knocked up...and I know we have NEVER killed, come on don't sugar coat it with euthanized, any of the older gliders.

5) Joeys are pulled no earlier then 8 wks. Most times longer. I believe it's called nature. When their ready, their ready. Again read 4.

6) I don't know just what you think we sell in a weekend but keep in mind Kathy lives in Tn. not the Bahamas. And she still works. She pays people to care for her gliders... you never mention that.

7) False. If we don't care then why do we have the health guarantee? People get mad cause we don't let their nasty little kids handle the gliders, they get mad when we make them sanatize but handling the gliders, and they get mad when the gliders aren't "out" so they can pet them for the 8 weekend in a row. We don't run a petting zoo.

8)People are in and out of those cages daily checking on the gliders and feeding and watering them. You think they don't know when there are joeys in there? And I'm pretty sure people in Tn. know how to write.

9)False. We recommend a licensed vet in the Cinci area. He specializes in Exotics and we tell everyone to get their glider vet checked...it's in the part of when we explain the health policy. Again only serious buyers here that part cause it's usually after they have asked how much are they.

Wow...don't do any of those huh. Guess we're safe.

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ] #500709
03/11/08 01:43 AM
03/11/08 01:43 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Ron- YOU WORK FOR A mill breeder, ok? The gliders you sell - come from a mill breeder!

YOU personally - Ok - great! You personally aren't a mill breeder. You sell gliders for Kathy - Kathy is a mill breeder. That makes YOU a representative of a mill breeder, ok?

I'm glad that you personally have cleaned up your little corner of Kathy's Mill Breeding world. I really am. That makes me feel better.

But you make statements as if YOU are the breeder. We had this problem LAST time you posted here. You aren't the breeder. You don't know what goes on in the other sites that sell Kathy's gliders. You can only speak for YOUR booth at Turtle Creek. You already told me that Caesar's Creek -- a flea market which ALSO sells Kathy's gliders -- is run completely differently than yours.

You say that as if somehow you are not affiliated with them. But, I'm sorry - YOU ARE!

EDIT: From this point forward, let me say right now FOR THE RECORD, that this thread is not about Ron Wright in any way. He is not a breeder. He works for one - although she doesn't pay him.

Ron - stop taking this personally! I talk about "mill breeders" and you read "Turtle Creek". It isn't about you, since you are NOT a breeder!

Last edited by ValkyrieMome; 03/11/08 01:48 AM. Reason: argh!

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ValkyrieMome] #500720
03/11/08 01:52 AM
03/11/08 01:52 AM

M
meg
Unregistered
meg
Unregistered
M

i might be totally off here but couldnt a mill breeder be some one who has gliders or any animal for turn of profit not the enjoyment of having them meet you at the cage door so they can pee on you to show you they love you ?
i think the line between breeders and mill breeders are the quanity and the PERSONAL care that is gave by the OWNER..More of the PERSONAL care though.. Just my thought...like i said i could be wrong just thought i would put that out there..

response to what the topic was..

Last edited by meg; 03/11/08 02:00 AM. Reason: added a little and erased fat finger mistake lol
Re: What Makes a Mill Breeder? [Re: ValkyrieMome] #500723
03/11/08 02:00 AM
03/11/08 02:00 AM

S
SuggieMomma77
Unregistered
SuggieMomma77
Unregistered
S

a few years ago before i knew what a sugar glider was i went to a fair and inside they had 2 guys with gliders they had some good info and some bad but i didnt know it then(this was in virginia) they had about 3 adult gliders out and 4 babies in their pockets, they let everyone hold then even little kids like 5 years old without watching over them or anything, they said that gliders arent smelly at all you only have to clean their cages every few weeks, and he let people feed them fruit loops,they werent on leashes and had semi good cages size wise, they did have pouches but they did not have a wheel they had shaving in the cage and that was about it, the guy said they are really easy to take care of and you can let them run around your house with your other pets i thought they were adorable and i even held it the poor thing crawled into my hand hid his head and went to sleep(poor guy was exausted!!!) the guy said that they sell the joeys at 7 weeks old exact,and that they had hundreds of gliders where he works at, i went home and found gc and was soo thankful for this site!if it werent for gc i may have contributed to yucky mill breeders!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 371 guests, and 90 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,552 TEXAS
679,069 OHIO
487,140 OKLAHOMA
432,142 UTAH
321,666 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024