Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pocket Pets - Part 2 #505551
03/16/08 05:06 PM
03/16/08 05:06 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
Read Part 1

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: sugarlope] #505704
03/16/08 09:15 PM
03/16/08 09:15 PM

S
SandSmammas
Unregistered
SandSmammas
Unregistered
S

Just a little update for everyone. I didn't get much accomplished this last week. There wasn't much I could do. I am however, planning on trying to meet with someone in charge of our fairgrounds to see if I can get them banned for future shows of any kind! Unfortunally, I wasn't quick enough... cry a good friend of mines husband worked the show at a booth his company had during the whole week and weekend. She reported to me today that he has seen slews of people with pouches around their necks walking around all week/weekend.
cry cry cry cry cry
She also told me that she tried to go to their booth today but it was so crowded, she didn't even get to see anything. All she heard was the guy say that they are totally domesticated and that they are one of the easiest pets to take care of.
WHY! WHY! WHY! When will it stop?

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #505721
03/16/08 09:39 PM
03/16/08 09:39 PM

R
RaiSaix
Unregistered
RaiSaix
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted By: SandSmammas
WHY! WHY! WHY! When will it stop?
As long as the cash keeps flowing and what their doing stays legal, never cry

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #505735
03/16/08 09:48 PM
03/16/08 09:48 PM
Illinois
SugarPaws Offline
Glider Lover
SugarPaws  Offline
Glider Lover

Illinois
These people make me so mad! I wish they would just stop. tant

Brittany

:rbridge: Snuggles
:rbridge: CiCi
Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: SugarPaws] #505752
03/16/08 09:57 PM
03/16/08 09:57 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
When the people that are complaining that their suggies purchased from these mill breeders step up with PROOF in writing and vet bills!

A Class Action lawsuit CAN put a stop to these people, but ONLY when there is enough proof!

I've seen so many people on here claiming to have been ripped off and "injured" due to buying gliders from them but WHERE is the PROOF?????

Alden is trying to do something and a few others in the past have tried to get people to send them things they need to get the ball rolling but no one is helping yet!

There has been a ton of promises from people to send proof but nothing can happen if it's only one or two people doing all the work!

Jill, we need to find more people in your area to help you. You're running yourself ragged doing this alone! hug2

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: SugarBlossoms] #505763
03/16/08 10:08 PM
03/16/08 10:08 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Thanks, Hon.

Yes - I would be thrilled to collect information and documentation and find a lawyer and get this going. Not on just Perfect Pocket Pets - on ANY and ALL mill breeders who sell sick or underage joeys.

But I can't start a lawsuit based on "the cage is too small" or "they recommend hot rocks".

It has to be a real, honest-to-god defrauding of people. We know that goes on, also - but I need the proof! Lots!

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ValkyrieMome] #506726
03/18/08 01:17 AM
03/18/08 01:17 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Good luck. I've been asking and asking for it....documentation of any kind. The people we get our rescues from can't get rid of them fast enough and they can't wait to wash their hands of the whole thing. They're not interested in keeping the gliders cuz they're too much work and they're even less interested in getting involved.

Alden, you know there are some posts on LGG from Sherry that pretty much document in writing what Sam was doing....I think we can use that to file a complaint with the veterinary review board and let them prosecute her for practicing veterinary medicine without a license. It's the best thing we've got so far and hey, if we can nail her on it, maybe Mike and the others will be next.

Alden, you DEFINITELY need to pm Linda and talk to her...

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #506741
03/18/08 02:11 AM
03/18/08 02:11 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

I am so glad I ran across this tonight I knew there was something I forgot to do this week! I was supposed to email my vet bills and proof to a ton of people! (Sorry this was my birthday week and I just found out alot of people love me and wanted to spend time with me who woulda guessed lol) If there is anyone out there that wants my proof from Pocket Pets that hasn't already done so pm me your email and I already wrote down on my to do list to finish scanning it and I will send it! I am so forgetful sometimes!

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #507294
03/18/08 05:43 PM
03/18/08 05:43 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

I'm getting the info from the lady in PA to go after the guy in SC that sold her the little female at the PA trade show. She's had to give her glider away to keep her safe and get her out of PA. This guy is a frog and turtle salesman and goes to these shows with joeys, but if anyone questions him he says they're not for sale, but as soon as they walk away, he sells them. He has a list of venues on his site and he's supposedly at our local mall. I was there last night and didn't see him, but I'll be going back specifically to find him!

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #507338
03/18/08 06:50 PM
03/18/08 06:50 PM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Ok I am in the process of scanning and then emailing all the vet bills and everything I have been given by Pocket Pets including my emails. It has turned into quite a project but if you haven't yet and want the info speak now or forever hold your peace!

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #507605
03/19/08 01:05 AM
03/19/08 01:05 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Hey Lillee, I didn't get the vet bills, just the emails and the pamphlet. When you get a chance can you send me that part as well?

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #507637
03/19/08 03:10 AM
03/19/08 03:10 AM

A
Ahsaehr
Unregistered
Ahsaehr
Unregistered
A

I got the vet bills from another breeder, sugar gliders r us. I know my vet told me she thinks it was from inbreeding so perhaps I could get something in writing

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #507907
03/19/08 01:39 PM
03/19/08 01:39 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Please DO! Anything and everything is going to help us. Even if we're not sure it's pertinent, it might very well be so if you've got any documentation or can get it, please forward it along!

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #518826
04/02/08 03:17 AM
04/02/08 03:17 AM

S
super_stooge
Unregistered
super_stooge
Unregistered
S

Quote:
Is there a way we can get a hold of a zoo in Australia or something

i think i can help

this is the contacts page to taronga zoo in sydney australia. if you can get in contact with them and ask their opinions it could be helpful. information from a reputable place like a zoo in the gliders country of origin (australia among a few other countries) it could be very persuasive to your average fair going passer by.

http://www.zoo.nsw.gov.au/taronga-zoo/about/contact-us.aspx

this is another zoo of sorts in sydney that specializes in and keeps only native species such as the sugar glider.

sydney wildlife world:

http://www.sydneywildlifeworld.com.au/?sydney=/contact

keep in mind that domesticly keeping sugar gliders in australia is illegal so they wouldnt get asked questions about cage size, etc very often. tho they could probably give u some very good information on things like their natural diet, dieases and how they keep them in their enclosures.

i havnt been to taronga in a few years and cant remember if they keep suggies tho i am 100% posotive sydney wildlife world keeps them.

good luck to you and thank you for taking up the fight for those who cant. i am over 8000 miles away and dont own a glider of my own and these people make me feel sick

Last edited by super_stooge; 04/02/08 06:16 PM.
Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: sugarlope] #518933
04/02/08 10:18 AM
04/02/08 10:18 AM

M
melissa9784
Unregistered
melissa9784
Unregistered
M

I recently purchased two beautiful babies from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. My husband and I didn't know better and fell in love at first site. We have two females, Pinky and Piglet who seem to be doing well. We brought them home last Sat and they have since doubled in size. I am so glad I started researching them online and through this website. (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets had at least 15-20 babies in one small cage with no food. The man told us to never feed them anything but dried food and maybe a piece of apple every few days. He then went on to tell us that his likes Dorritos and Pizza Hut. He also stated that males could be self-neutered at home and told us to spray them if they acted up. He told us to not put a sleeping pouch in the cage because they would bond to the cage and not us. He told us we could use any wood chips or newspaper as bedding. He went on to tell us many other horrible things including to use a heat rock. I asked him if he and his family had raised them (we wouldnt buy a puppy from a mill and I didnt want any other animal from one either). He told us they were hand raised with his family in FL. WOW, all the lies.
Well I have them on the BML diet with REPCAL vitamins and calcium. They have a sleeping pouch and currently have aspen bedding. They are bonding well and we are currently working on a much larger cage then the small one they sold us.
After reading about this company from these posts I became very angry and concerned. I called the company on 31March and spoke with Susanne. I asked her if the gliders were hand raised as they claimed in FL with a family or if they were from a mill in TX. She said "I cant anwsear that question for you". I went on to ask her if she knew about all the sick babies she was selling and if she knew that the information they were giving in person and on their web-page was wrong. She stated, "you need to speak with Virgil the manager". She stated Virgil was only available by email. After I threatened to stop-payment she agreed to leave my name and number for Virgil. It is now 2April and he has not called back.
My two babies have their first vet check-up on Saturday this week with an exotic vet and I hope that they are as healthy and spunky as they seem.
I have since contacted PETA with the info on the breeding mill/(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and the address in both FL and TX (Custom Cage Works). There is also a petition to stop Custom Cage works from being USDA approved at http://www.petitiononline.com/Abrashea/petition.html which I signed.
If anything is wrong and my babies are sick I will email the vet documents. I have the brochures and paperwork they give out from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets if anyone would like a copy of their lies.
Let me know if I can do anything else.

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #518969
04/02/08 11:21 AM
04/02/08 11:21 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Melissa, thank you!!!! It is people such as yourself that WILL get these people shut down!! Also, if they've been in your area, please notify your vet that if any gliders come in with giardia, etc. to ask the new owners where they came from. If they come from Pocket Pets, please ask your vet to get permission from the owners to give us just the case study information to add to our GROWING list. We don't need the name of the owners, just the actual, documented, veterinarian report.

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #518980
04/02/08 11:35 AM
04/02/08 11:35 AM

M
melissa9784
Unregistered
melissa9784
Unregistered
M

Will do!!! I dont have the appt till Sat morning and it is an hour from where I live. I called Scout's vet and they do not see any exotics and said most vets in the area won't so I hope that if anyone purchased from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets they will drive up to Raleigh, NC to have their new babies seen. Mine dont have any diarrhea, have bright eyes and love to jump and play (one is on the small side, but she is active and eats like a horse). I will make sure and alert the vet that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets was in the area last weekend and if they have seen any sick gliders recently with giardia ect.

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #519527
04/03/08 12:55 AM
04/03/08 12:55 AM

S
sunbunny
Unregistered
sunbunny
Unregistered
S

May I ask where (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets was recently? There's a reptile and exotic show coming up in May at the state fairgrounds and I think they'll be there, too.

Also, I don't know if it would be any closer for you, but there's a vet in Wilson that sees suggies. He sees all our animals, and what he doesn't know, he'll find out by calling other vet friends and researching. He went out of his way helping me find a breeder when we were looking a great dane, and went even farther out of his way to research dane puppies. We don't even have to take our dane in, he comes out to the truck to see him. (Our dane is scared of small dogs).

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #519539
04/03/08 02:16 AM
04/03/08 02:16 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

don't feel bad I did the same thing and was told the same lies. At least you were able to speak to someone they won't return my calls they don't answer my calls they don't answer my emails and I tried stopping payment but that didn't work and I have TON's of vet bills and my little girl is very sick. I had to get a new cage and a friend for her because they told me that cage was big enough and it isn't I was told they did great as singles and Lillie started Self Mutliating from depression my vet thinks. Since bringing other gliders home she has stopped even though they won't work with her she will have a friend soon! Let us know if you have any luck with these people because all my efforts to the USDA, Florida fish and wildlife, the BBB, PETA, and SPCA have gone nowhere so far. It's frusterating because they need to be stopped! I hope your babies are ok but Giardia can be dormant for awhile so definatly get them checked out because it can also be contagious to other pets and humans. Wash your hands right after holding them! I am glad you have changed their diet and looked into it your a great parent to them!!!

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #519607
04/03/08 09:16 AM
04/03/08 09:16 AM

M
melissa9784
Unregistered
melissa9784
Unregistered
M

WOW, last night was horrible! My little one, Piglet started having diarrhea and shaking so I bolted to the vet ASAP. Pinky is ok thankfully and is doing well but Piglet is sick. The vet did a gram-stain on both my babies feces and both were negative. The vet stated that Piglet was small but probably just eight weeks out of pouch (I bought her on Sat and who knows how long she was traveling with (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets). The vet stated if she was with her SG mommy she would be fine but she is horribly stressed and her body is having a hard time adjusting to the new diet (BML) and to her new surroundings. As a precaution she is on antibiotics/a probiotic and HealX, a supplement made from red palm fruit. I was at the vet until late last night. This morning she is weak. I am so mad! My little baby does not deserve this! I am stopping payment on (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. PETA has contacted me again and would like to know the connection between (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and Custom Cage Works and is interested in the prospect that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets gets their animals from a breeding mill. I will email them today. Oh, (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets was in Fayetteville, NC at the home and garden show this last weekend 28,29 and 30 March. I am going to contact the venue and have them banned from next year if I can! The vet I saw stated he hadnt seen any new sugar gliders recently and has no appt for any.

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #519633
04/03/08 09:47 AM
04/03/08 09:47 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Ohhh I'm so sorry your baby is sick. Your vet was good to put her on antibiotics, etc. as giardia is dormant and stress can cause it to "bloom"! I can't WAIT to see the reaction when you stop payment on them!!! It's ALL about money to them so that will get their attention!

Last year, I spent a lot of time emailing back and forth with a guy at PETA regarding Pocket Pets. He said they could definitely step in and help us legally IF we had concrete proof that they were abusing or neglecting the animals. At that time, they were still just getting started making their rounds so we didn't have a lot.

I had originally contacted him to find out if he could tell me what my rights were as far as picketing, or protesting because when we nearly got thrown out of our fairgrounds, I honestly had done NOTHING except quietly talk to people who came up to ME and I was still threatened by a police officer! He had NO business treating me that way, but then, he had the gun so what was I to do?

Of course, he's in a small, southern, hick town and Fancies himself to be Barney I guess....LOL Made him feel all big and tough to pick on two old ladies and their children...LOL

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #519660
04/03/08 10:32 AM
04/03/08 10:32 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Good luck with stopping payment. I tried that and it didn't work for me (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets will no longer answer to anything and as one of my last resorts before filing a civil suit I have contacted the BBB. I sure hope your babies are both ok!

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #519673
04/03/08 11:02 AM
04/03/08 11:02 AM

M
melissa9784
Unregistered
melissa9784
Unregistered
M

Just got off the phone with USAA and I can't stop payment! I am so mad and will be following suit on contacting the BBB. My babe seems to be ok right now. I am so frustrated that PETA isnt doing much. I just hope and pray my little Piglet is going to be ok! She is doing a little better and is snuggling in her bonding pouch right now. For the Picketing I will be doing a little research on the laws too. I will be living in CO for the summer and they better not run into me! I don't care if I have to pass out flyers, hold signs or post a billboard! I just wish I could rescue all of the poor babies from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets.

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #520261
04/04/08 03:58 AM
04/04/08 03:58 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

I am sorry I went through the same thing with Wachovia. I haven't heard anything from the BBB... YET! I hope that your Piglet will be okay your a great glider mom and I am sure she will be! As far as rescuing all the babies from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets be careful what you wish for I said the same thing I started with just Lillie and now have 4 gliders 2 with twins in pouch and another baby from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets I am picking up in a few days. Not all of them are (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets babies but at least 2 of them are and alot have contacted me recently about taking theirs off their hands. I need more room and am working on getting a bigger place just to be able to help them all. It's not easy but worth it there are plenty of gliders in need. Problem is me being only one person I still probably can't handle too many more you can't save them all but you can make a difference is the point.

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #520273
04/04/08 07:12 AM
04/04/08 07:12 AM

M
melissa9784
Unregistered
melissa9784
Unregistered
M

My baby Piglet died in my hands early this morning at 3 AM. I am so heartbroken. My little fighter is gone. I didn't even have time to get into the car to go to the vet.

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #520275
04/04/08 07:30 AM
04/04/08 07:30 AM

D
danigirl14
Unregistered
danigirl14
Unregistered
D

I am so sorry to hear about you losing Piglet...

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #520277
04/04/08 07:33 AM
04/04/08 07:33 AM

S
sunbunny
Unregistered
sunbunny
Unregistered
S

I'm so sorry.

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #520280
04/04/08 07:46 AM
04/04/08 07:46 AM

T
TWilson
Unregistered
TWilson
Unregistered
T

Melissa, I am so sorry about your loss.

I sent you a pm.

Take care

Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: ] #520283
04/04/08 07:58 AM
04/04/08 07:58 AM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
cry I'm so sorry to hear this...

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: Pocket Pets - Part 2 [Re: minkasmom] #520286
04/04/08 08:05 AM
04/04/08 08:05 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
cry Melissa, I am sorry to hear about your sweet little Piglet.
Sending you lots of hugs and prayers. Godspeed little baby..
gangel

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 421 guests, and 79 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,580 TEXAS
679,079 OHIO
487,161 OKLAHOMA
432,164 UTAH
321,690 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024