Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
lawsuit against perfect pocket pets #514797
03/27/08 08:54 PM
03/27/08 08:54 PM

S
shann0n
Unregistered
shann0n
Unregistered
S

today I brought Behbet to the vet, she wasn't acting right, well turns out she's okay but the receptionist there brought up Perfect Pocket Pets and asked me if that's where I had got her. I did not, I got her from Priscilla Price, but I was curious so I asked her why? And she said that they have been selling gliders around here, at the convention center on the westbank I think, and basically what she said was:
in the past month they have treated 10 or more sugar gliders with giardia and I'm pretty sure she said something about salmonella too. So she said they filed a lawsuit against the company because of all the sick gliders lately.

Anyway. I'm really sad to hear that these people are now in my area selling sick gliders, but it makes me feel better to know that the vet is actually trying to take some legal action against them. Hopefully they will get somewhere with it. Just thought I'd share because I know a lot of people have had problems with this company in the past.

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #514803
03/27/08 09:02 PM
03/27/08 09:02 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
That is fantastic news!

I've been able to collect some information from people sold sick gliders. Perhaps your vet would like it to help their case?

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #514805
03/27/08 09:05 PM
03/27/08 09:05 PM

S
shann0n
Unregistered
shann0n
Unregistered
S

maybe so. the vet I'm talking about is listed on here on the vet database (west esplanade vet clinic in new orleans). if you want to you could call them and talk to them about adding more to the case?

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #514816
03/27/08 09:15 PM
03/27/08 09:15 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
cool! Thanks.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #514827
03/27/08 09:26 PM
03/27/08 09:26 PM

T
tigiris1721
Unregistered
tigiris1721
Unregistered
T

Im glad that some action, that will really effect can be taken againsts (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets.

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #515786
03/29/08 12:37 AM
03/29/08 12:37 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Wow!! That is AWESOME!!!!

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #515817
03/29/08 01:43 AM
03/29/08 01:43 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

That is wonderful wonderful wonderful news! Funny this shows up I just got an email from those jerks I no longer am allowed access to their site or anything (which I paid for) I don't get my daily emails that I was supposed to (which are worthless and full of very very wrong dangerous info) BUT he can send me an email telling me of all the great new products they have????!!! Too bad he can't return my email or calls when I tell him I want my money back for the vet bills and the cage that is way too small the heat rock the food that is worthless the vitamins that are worthless and just about everything else that is again worthless. Worst part is the products they sent me seem dangerous or imhumane anyways behavior spray being one of them give me a break!!! I'd like to spray that at him so that maybe his behavior towards these poor little critters may change! It also said to check out the "members only" family circle for some great toys you can make... yeah the instructions they give you would probably hurt your babies. GRRRRRRR

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #515886
03/29/08 09:51 AM
03/29/08 09:51 AM

K
kaylakala
Unregistered
kaylakala
Unregistered
K

Oh I'm soooo happy I'm about to cry!!!

Thank you for the GREAT news!!!

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #515898
03/29/08 10:17 AM
03/29/08 10:17 AM
Roanoke, Virginia
mommawannabe Offline
Glider Slave
mommawannabe  Offline
Glider Slave

Roanoke, Virginia
Wow that is fantastic to hear!!!! I am so happy about this. Please keep us updated!!

Anna

Hubby Tommie
son Logan - 11
Pugs-Duncan and Raven,
Bunnies-Foo&Friday
Hedgies-Sweet Pea,Dobby,Bambi,DarthVader,Lexy,Shadow, Willow & Thatch.
suggies-Izzy, Miley~Toff, Jasper~Twinkie, Nix~Ash, Nash~Riley, Barney~Spryte~Pixie, Apollo~Athena.
Turtles - Shelly~Petunia

www.suggiebabies.com

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: mommawannabe] #515909
03/29/08 10:55 AM
03/29/08 10:55 AM

R
RaiSaix
Unregistered
RaiSaix
Unregistered
R

dance ! WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! dance

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #518295
04/01/08 03:28 PM
04/01/08 03:28 PM

G
Glidinforlove
Unregistered
Glidinforlove
Unregistered
G

I have a copy of their "brochure" on my photobucket is anyone would like to read what they give to their clients. Personally, I spoke with someone about 3 weeks ago that bought 3 gliders from them, only 1 survived 2 days. Sad situation, hope the law suit gets the attention it deserves.

Last edited by Glidinforlove; 04/01/08 03:46 PM.
Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #518299
04/01/08 03:32 PM
04/01/08 03:32 PM

B
Brittney
Unregistered
Brittney
Unregistered
B

HOOOOORRRRRAAAAAY!! Now if only we could encourage the suit to grow. I know very close to nothing about the legalities of suits, but isn't it possible for other people that were offended to file under the same suit? For instance, if these people with sick gliders wanted to, couldn't they also "get in" on the law suit?? It would be great if we could get as many people backing the suit up as possible - they shouldn't be hard to find as the vast majority of (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets customers are unhappy ones. PLEASE keep us posted and let us know ANYTHING we can do to help!

OFF TOPIC
I am going to a gun show (not my idea, hubby's, obviously!) on 4/20 and I will be ready for (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets in case they're there!!

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #518304
04/01/08 03:34 PM
04/01/08 03:34 PM
GA
Sabarika Offline
Glider Slave
Sabarika  Offline
Glider Slave

GA
Originally Posted By: Brittney
OFF TOPIC
I am going to a gun show (not my idea, hubby's, obviously!) on 4/20 and I will be ready for PPP in case they're there!!

LOL
*redneck accent* I like mah gliders like mah guns...

Like.. who shopping at a weapons expo would be like, "hey, wow, cute furry exotic animals, I'll take a couple o' those to go with my new Winchester! They'll look great next to the case..."??

Sabarika
Photography
Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: Sabarika] #518311
04/01/08 03:41 PM
04/01/08 03:41 PM
Hudson Valley, NY
krysKritters Offline
Glider Addict
krysKritters  Offline
Glider Addict

Hudson Valley, NY
roflmao Almost fell off the chair with that one...

Krys DeRosa
Godfather of the NY Glider Mafia

KrysKritters.comcloud9

A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world.
Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: Sabarika] #518326
04/01/08 03:52 PM
04/01/08 03:52 PM

B
Brittney
Unregistered
Brittney
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: Sabarika
Originally Posted By: Brittney
OFF TOPIC
I am going to a gun show (not my idea, hubby's, obviously!) on 4/20 and I will be ready for PPP in case they're there!!

LOL
*redneck accent* I like mah gliders like mah guns...

Like.. who shopping at a weapons expo would be like, "hey, wow, cute furry exotic animals, I'll take a couple o' those to go with my new Winchester! They'll look great next to the case..."??

LMAO! *redneck accent* This here's Smith and this ones Wesson. Clever, ain't it??

They sell gliders at every type of show around here. We have a big expo center that brings in a ton of different shows. I thought the same thing as you at first, til I realized that any bored, tired wife getting dragged along to a gun show (or boat show, or... or...) might be inticed by such an impulse buy. I'm pretty sure that Jen/Xfilefan all but ran our local "show breeder/seller" out of business, but (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and CCW seem to make it here from time to time. It's so sickening whenever I bring up gliders or show them to someone only to hear, "Oh I saw one of those at the ______ show/mall and wanted one so bad!"

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #518362
04/01/08 04:31 PM
04/01/08 04:31 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
OFF TOPIC:

Driving through the BACK of the Ozarks once. Realized the stores don't have signs in front, as I am accustomed to. Rather, the name of the store is painted on the front or side.

So, we drive past a store. Painted on the side is:
* Bait and Tackle
* Guns and Ammo
* Cappuccino

"I'd like a dozen of them thar night crawlers. Some Ought gauge for my shotgun. And gimmee some of that thar Latte. Half Decaf."

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ValkyrieMome] #518376
04/01/08 04:43 PM
04/01/08 04:43 PM

B
Brittney
Unregistered
Brittney
Unregistered
B

Originally Posted By: ValkyrieMome
OFF TOPIC:

Driving through the BACK of the Ozarks once. Realized the stores don't have signs in front, as I am accustomed to. Rather, the name of the store is painted on the front or side.

So, we drive past a store. Painted on the side is:
* Bait and Tackle
* Guns and Ammo
* Cappuccino

"I'd like a dozen of them thar night crawlers. Some Ought gauge for my shotgun. And gimmee some of that thar Latte. Half Decaf."

roflmao roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #518928
04/02/08 10:07 AM
04/02/08 10:07 AM

T
tigiris1721
Unregistered
tigiris1721
Unregistered
T

(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is down here in Miami. Im gonna see if i can pass out pamphlets to the ppl who buy from them . Cant have them here so close and not try to help the ususpecting ppl that are buying from them.

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #518971
04/02/08 11:24 AM
04/02/08 11:24 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Tigiris, I've got a flyer designed specifically to counteract the misinformation that they spread in particular. If you pm me your email addy, I'd be happy to send it to you. Feel free to change my contact info to your own so people can contact you locally.

"They sell gliders at every type of show around here. We have a big expo center that brings in a ton of different shows. I thought the same thing as you at first, til I realized that any bored, tired wife getting dragged along to a gun show (or boat show, or... or...) might be inticed by such an impulse buy."

And THAT is exactly why they're showing up at all of these venues and I have that right from the horses mouth!

Last edited by LSardou; 04/02/08 08:34 PM. Reason: edited for wording
Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #518974
04/02/08 11:26 AM
04/02/08 11:26 AM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

Oh, something you can do in your area is to alert the USDA rep in your area that when they go to inspect their display as they are required to do, that not only do they need to inspect the booth, but they usually have a trailer or container parked somewhere on site where they haul in their supplies and they have more suggies in there!!!! Here in SC, it was a trailer parked out in the hot sun where the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets guy himself told me he had an additional 500 joeys!! FIVE HUNDRED JOEYS!!!!! And they sell them ALL usually.

Our USDA vet thought they'd hung the moon and she had NO idea they had more gliders than just what was in the cages she was looking at.

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #519132
04/02/08 02:41 PM
04/02/08 02:41 PM

J
jenbrookie08
Unregistered
jenbrookie08
Unregistered
J

dance Finally

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #519146
04/02/08 03:07 PM
04/02/08 03:07 PM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Yeah...is there any way to make it like a class action lawsuit...so the past buyers of (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets Gliders that have encountered the hardship that come along with it can get in on the action...maybe get some money out of the business for the pain, loss and suffering. Enough suits granted will put them in the poor house and OUT of business!

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru
Tortoise: Vork
Cats: Scooby, Swiper, Zero, Dinah & Sykes
Suggies: Meeko, Willow & Nemo; Rei, Rafiki & Rajah; Opal, Lily & Link; Tael, Tatl & Navi; Kristoff Krabbs & Crabby Patty
:rbridge: Fern, Cjarsa, Syfka, Icarus, Ivy, Howie & Gracie

www.cinnamonstix-n-sugar.com
Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: cinnamonstix] #519255
04/02/08 05:20 PM
04/02/08 05:20 PM

S
shann0n
Unregistered
shann0n
Unregistered
S

I don't know anything more about this than what I posted.

And I have no idea about class action lawsuits vs. personal lawsuits. But honestly I think my vet didn't even know how big of a company this is or how big of a problem they are.
I'm kind of worried that maybe they will just stop selling gliders in louisiana but keep selling them everywhere else. I don't know.

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #519275
04/02/08 05:48 PM
04/02/08 05:48 PM
Nashville, TN
jkaradeema Offline
Glider Lover
jkaradeema  Offline
Glider Lover

Nashville, TN
They were here in Kansas City, selling at the Kansas City Sports Show. The guy sell has one nice glider that he uses to make people want to impulse buy one of the gliders he has with him. He would have people hold up the glider in the air and he would call for it and jump back to him, and go in his shirt pocket. He had a really small cage FULL of gliders for sale. I bet there was 30 gliders all laying in the bottom corner of the cage, covered up with a small piece of fleece. People were all around his booth. I was telling anyone that was talking to him, about buying one how bad he was. If they really wanted a glider to look up Glidercentral and read more about them and then find a good breeder to purchase from. The I walked off when one of them seen me telling people. Next year when I go I will had out flyers telling people about him. But maybe he will be put out of bussiness by then. That would be hilarious!!!!

Jason and Kristin Karadeema
Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: jkaradeema] #519279
04/02/08 05:52 PM
04/02/08 05:52 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Just the thought of them in the cage like that makes my blood boil!

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: pappy1264] #519314
04/02/08 06:39 PM
04/02/08 06:39 PM

P
PeitrysMom
Unregistered
PeitrysMom
Unregistered
P

WOOOHOO! FINALLY SOMEONE TAKES ACTION! I am so happy to hear that...great news!

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #520385
04/04/08 11:05 AM
04/04/08 11:05 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
We are putting together a project to try and gather all the information that we can to try and stop these people. Please read the following thread.

Mill Breeder Project

Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: ] #520445
04/04/08 12:34 PM
04/04/08 12:34 PM
Cleveland, OH
LadyRaven Offline
LadyRaven  Offline

Cleveland, OH
Does anyone know if an attorney has taken a look at this problem yet?

Aside from selling sick and under aged animals (USDA concern, which does not appear to be too effective as a complaint), might there not also be legal contract claims, such as breach of fitness, warranty and the like?

When people purchase these gliders, do they have to sign any type of contract or waiver of 'warranties'?

�Aos meus amigos, tudo; aos meus inimigos, a lei."-Getulio Vargas- ...roughly "For my friends, everything; for my enemies, the law."
Re: lawsuit against perfect pocket pets [Re: LadyRaven] #522545
04/07/08 01:32 PM
04/07/08 01:32 PM
Lenexa, KS
TracieB Offline
Glider Addict
TracieB  Offline
Glider Addict

Lenexa, KS
I don't know about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets but CCW has a return & replacement policy that, first off, says that gliders are normally very hardy. Then it basically states that if you've followed the instructions given and your glider dies within the first three days of purchase they will replace it at the next show in your area. Or you can have it shipped, but you will have to pay the shipping charges. If it dies in the first two weeks, they will replace it for $100. It also states that there are no monetary refunds.

Tracie
1 wonderful husband - Chris
1 goofy Yorkie - Dexter
2 naughty kitties - Chloe & Alek

Waiting at the Rainbow Bridge:
1 spoiled Yorkie, Myles - April 5, 1993-June 5, 2007
1 sweet :wfb: Xavier - August 5, 2007-May 20, 2010
2 sweet :grey: :grey: Nara & Alkina - February, 2006-November, 2011

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 395 guests, and 108 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,596 TEXAS
679,084 OHIO
487,175 OKLAHOMA
432,180 UTAH
321,698 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024