Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Ladymagyver. 03/28/24 09:57 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: ozzi] #627802
09/03/08 09:11 PM
09/03/08 09:11 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
cry Oh Sam. hug2 I am so sorry for both you and Val. You both did so much to try to save him, he couldn't have had a better chance and more love given him. Prayers of comfort for you both. hug2

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: sugarlope] #627840
09/03/08 09:48 PM
09/03/08 09:48 PM
Northeast Indiana
minkasmom Offline
Serious Glideritis
minkasmom  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Northeast Indiana
cry cry cry My heart sank to my feet when I read the text you sent me earlier, Sam. Only now can I truly shed the tears that have been pent up for four hours now.

I know this is so hard on both of you, Val and Sam. But he was so LUCKY to know--if only for a little while--what unconditional love is. It's just sad almost beyond any words that he had to travel down such a long, hard road to be placed in the hands of 2 Earth Angels...to be accepted for WHO HE IS...crabby, scared, aggressive...but still able to be happy and not hungry and LOVED.

Now he's free of his little broken body on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge...and he's got some WONDERFUL company: Baybe, Tinkerbell, Wendy Darling, Mars, and Moonbeam among them. And Tom to watch over them all til we join them.

hug2 hug2 hug2

Minkasmom (Papillon Kisses)
Slave to:
25 gliders,4 cats,
and ONE husband (can't handle two, lol!)
gangel Remembering all my lost loves cry
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: minkasmom] #628057
09/04/08 03:36 AM
09/04/08 03:36 AM
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL
Sam, Val.... my heart sunk when I saw this post had been moved out of health. I am so sorry about Apollo. You both tried so very hard to help him heal and to get him well again, but his body just couldn't stand up to the abuse it had been through. Treasure the times you had with Apollo and know that his memory and soul will live on. (((((HUGS)))))

Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be

Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: glidrz5] #628082
09/04/08 06:43 AM
09/04/08 06:43 AM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Sam and Val, my heart is breaking for both of you. You both worked so hard to save Apollo and he knows how very much he was loved. God bless and Godspeed.

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: pappy1264] #628210
09/04/08 01:19 PM
09/04/08 01:19 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Sam, Val, Chris told me on the phone, just after I got off work this morning, and I am SO sorry. cry cry It hurts like he was one of mine-even though I only met him so briefly.

Apollo WAS one of the special ones. He had that light of determination-you could see it in his eyes, his posture-even in a collar he managed to bite the daylights out of me, lol (don't worry-they blend in with the scars from a few dozen other little sets of teeth)-he had spirit. He was SO like my Gimli-Gim also had only the tiniest nub of tail, and was my first intro to anal gland issues as well-though he passed before they were too much of an issue with him. Through him, Chronos, Binx, and Apollo we learn more to help the next one-and they deserve to be remembered for their strength of spirit and contributions that can help us save the next little beautiful soul. Of that list, Binx is the only one not at the Bridge.

This is for Apollo's determination, strength, and will to survive despite the abuse done to the housing of his soul by one sworn to 'first do no harm' through pride and arrogance. I can just hear him saying something like it to himself (as all the Special ones do):

Faith of the Heart - Russel Watson

It's been a long road
Gettin' from there to here...
It's been a long time
But my time is finally near
And I will see my dream come alive at last..
I will touch the Sky..
And they're not gonna hold me down no more...
No they're not gonna change my mind

'Cause I got FAITH, of the HEART
I'm goin where my heart will take me
I've got Faith, to BELIEVE, I..CAN..DO..ANYTHING
I've got STRENGTH, OF THE SOUL
NO ONE'S GONNA BEND OR BREAK ME
I can reach, ANY star...

I've got Faith

I've got Faith....Faith of the Heart

A LETTER TO APOLLO-

I didn't know you long, little buddy-but you made quite an impression, huge for such a little guy. What happened to you was not fair. I can only hope that vet gets what she deserves someday. You deserved so much better from this life. But you also had Sam and Val, and I know you know how much you were loved and cared for, and if there was any way they could have stopped what happened they would have. You felt the love showered on you. The tragedy is how short a time you had to enjoy it.

Now you're at the Bridge. Your tiny body had had enough, and next to the heart of one that loved you you decided it was time to go. And that's okay. We understand. We hurt for the pain of the loss of your precious presence in our lives, but know that now you are where you are no longer in pain, and everything works like it should, as it was meant to.

I hope you wake each morning to a silk lined hollow to stretch in, morning dew to drink for breakfast. You can run across the meadow, the sun warm on your back, grass cool under your feet, your tail streaming behind you, your eyes shining.

At night there are trees that wouldn't dare give you a splinter, and you jump, glide, swing from one to another in the crystal light from the moon, the warm breeze tickling your whiskers.

And one day, which will seem like the blink of an eye to you, because time has no meaning where you are, though it will be a long time here...Sam and Val will be there with you...you will stop, and turn your head, and your feet fly across the grass because you know the ones that care for you are there

You will be sorely missed, little buddy. Little Apollo. By a lot of us.

-A Friend

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: Xfilefan] #628239
09/04/08 02:02 PM
09/04/08 02:02 PM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Texas
Sam
I am so very, very sorry.
Still not able to talk about it. I love him and I miss him, too.
I am sorry.

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #628263
09/04/08 02:39 PM
09/04/08 02:39 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
omg...Val, Sam...I am sooooo sorry. I just now saw this and am devistated for you both and for Apollo. Thank you both for the unselfish giving and caring you had for Apollo and for the love you gave to him. I'm so sorry.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: ] #628304
09/04/08 03:54 PM
09/04/08 03:54 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
Originally Posted By: SandSmammas
I just wish I could be with you right now. cry Thank you everyone for everything. I know that he doesn't hurt and that is all I care about. He will be with me one day. Farewell Apollo; my baby boy, my biter, my fighter, my bug, my love......

In our hearts, we are with you. We are crying with you. My deepest sympathies to you. I a, so very sorry. Godspeed, precious Apollo. You left us, knowing without a doubt, that you were so loved!

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: suggiemom1980] #628340
09/04/08 05:15 PM
09/04/08 05:15 PM
Columbia, Missouri
kthiessen Offline
Glider Addict
kthiessen  Offline
Glider Addict

Columbia, Missouri
I'm so sorry. hug2

~ Kathy ~

Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: kthiessen] #628551
09/04/08 10:23 PM
09/04/08 10:23 PM

S
SandSmammas
Unregistered
SandSmammas
Unregistered
S

Thank you to everyone who has expressed their concern. It means a lot to have such wonderful people there to support you in your time of need. Jen, what you wrote to Apollo is beautiful and I know he can hear us all down here reciting it in our heads. Thank you everyone for your kind words.

Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: ] #629175
09/05/08 08:59 PM
09/05/08 08:59 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Sam hug2 , without your and Val's dedication, this little guy wouldn't have made it past the SGGA. I mean everything I said. He was Precious. I know you know that.

Hopefully this will make it into the GC Archives, as only the third glider who has had his anal glands removed, it's valuable. I't Apollo's contribution to the ones that come after. It's just as valuable for what was done WRONG that he suffered.

The third's name is Spunky, and belongs to GC member Spunkysmomma-I haven't had an update lately, and have sent a PM hoping for one. He had his surgery 4/10-I haven't had an update from his Mom since 4/11, so I can only hope he's okay. These guys are charting new territory-like in Enterprise-the theme song is the one above. One day this may be routine, but for now it isn't-he had way more damage than that issue from the prior surgery and I don't think this was what killed him-the anal gland surgery-by all accounts my vet was happy with the report she got as well on that-I do know they were so close to bursting-if they had that would have been it right then.

My thoughts and prayers are with you guys-none of us could have done more for Apollo than you two-I hope that helps. The damage was just too much and he wasn't very big at all. Like I said in OK, he reminded me of Gim down to the tail, and Gim NEVER topped 94 grams-that is tiny for a male. But like Apollo, the damage he suffered at another's hands was too great, and the tiny body couldn't handle any more. Gim was around 4 1/2 when he went to the Bridge finally. They both tried their hardest though-you could see it. Gim started out the first 6 months with me as a bad biter, too. He is a special part of your lives that you will remember always.

Last edited by Xfilefan; 09/05/08 09:00 PM.

Jen/Colin :bb: Commander Riker 12 16 02-10 04 12 you will be FOREVER missed :wfb: Sinbad, :wfb: Gabby, :grey: Baby, and :grey: Alley
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: Xfilefan] #629229
09/05/08 10:04 PM
09/05/08 10:04 PM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Texas
Apollo's necropsy results came back with cause of death listed as "prolific overgrowth of scar tissue causing complete and total closure of the urethra." As Dr. Walsh told us - the penis amputation surgery left him with scar tissue that just would not stop growing.

Perhaps if it had been considered that there was a CAUSE for the anal glands becoming infected the FIRST time he went in for them, he could have been spared the repeated expressing of the glands and the anal gland removal. We will never know frown

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #629234
09/05/08 10:05 PM
09/05/08 10:05 PM

B
bdeese
Unregistered
bdeese
Unregistered
B

~~HUGS~~~

Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #629273
09/05/08 10:57 PM
09/05/08 10:57 PM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Tons of hug2 - Val, you did all you could, once they were that bad, nothing but removal was going to save him even if the scar tissue wasn't there-if they'd burst in there, it would have gone toxic in hours. It bought him time-and maybe made him a bit more comfortable outside the scar tissue issues from the amputation, unfortunately, that seems to be all it did for him. However, I agree if the other had not been botched first, there probably wouldn't have been a need for the removal-it seems to have backed up everything else. frown

I've told you about Gimli-my little guy with the BIG personality...know that Apollo isn't alone. His pics on his last day are in the Body Language of a Sick Glider thread in Health, but it doesn't give you a sense of how like Apollo he was, because they're close ups...here's a few that might. We met at the SGGA...you know I'm not that big a person. I hope they meet on the other side, and maybe these will provide some comfort....Sam, I know you would have gotten here with Apollo-from what you told me you were already there when this happened, and again, I'm so sorry. The second & third pics were past the 6 month point when he'd finally lost the agression....

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/Xfilefan2008/GimandMe.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/Xfilefan2008/Gimlovesattention.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/Xfilefan2008/GimMystandLyah01.jpg

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq234/Xfilefan2008/Gimli001.jpg

Last edited by Xfilefan; 09/05/08 10:58 PM.

Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: Xfilefan] #629424
09/06/08 08:27 AM
09/06/08 08:27 AM
Cleveland, Ohio
sugarglidersuz Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarglidersuz  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Cleveland, Ohio
Originally Posted By: Xfilefan
Hopefully this will make it into the GC Archives, as only the third glider who has had his anal glands removed, it's valuable. I't Apollo's contribution to the ones that come after. It's just as valuable for what was done WRONG that he suffered.
Jen, after the 90 days, this thread will be merged with the original one and will definitely be moved into the Real Stories: Health Issues archives. I had already planned on it.

Val & Sam, At least with the necropsy results we have some answers. Not the ones we necessarily wanted, but they will help in the future. Again, my love and prayers are with you both hug2 hug2 hug2

Suz Enyedy
:bb: Carina & Coobah
Allira & Gizmo :grey:
:grey: Picasso, Trinity Joy & Luna
:rbridge: DaisyMae; Darwin; Mareki; Mambo; Pika; Cricky; Reggie & Bobo, Pepe & Bittah

Suz' Sugar Gliders
Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: sugarglidersuz] #629560
09/06/08 02:02 PM
09/06/08 02:02 PM
Manitowoc, WI
BeckiT Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
BeckiT  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Manitowoc, WI
cry I'm so sorry hug2

Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: BeckiT] #629717
09/06/08 07:35 PM
09/06/08 07:35 PM
Wisconsin
Feather Offline
Administrator
Feather  Offline
Administrator

Wisconsin
Sam and Val,

I am so sorry to read that little Apollo lost his long fight.

May your memories of the good times with Apollo comfort you.

Deepest Sympathy,

Kimberley
Feathers-Sweetie, Mister Peanut & Big Mack
Fur-Guinan, Mr. Spock, T'Mir, Cho, Toothless, Maverick & Maharet :bb: T'Pol, Elizabeth & Curzon :wfb: TY, TJ, Light Fury, Madison & T'Pring :rtmo:
Forever in my heart, Gizmo, Tucker, Khayman and the rest of my babies over the :rbridge:

Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: Feather] #632252
09/10/08 04:24 AM
09/10/08 04:24 AM
Jacksonville, FL
Xfilefan Offline
Serious Glideritis
Xfilefan  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Jacksonville, FL
Quote:
Jen, after the 90 days, this thread will be merged with the original one and will definitely be moved into the Real Stories: Health Issues archives. I had already planned on it.

Great to hear! There have been some that did not happen with in the past, and some have been lost-like Napoleon's story (Devil Bunny Girl's little SM). Thanks, Suz.

Guys, how're you holding up? hug2

Last edited by Xfilefan; 09/10/08 04:25 AM.

Re: When it Rains it Pours - Part 2 [Re: Xfilefan] #633061
09/10/08 11:03 PM
09/10/08 11:03 PM
Kilgore, Texas
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis
Cora  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kilgore, Texas
I am in tears.......I had no idea....................I cannot believe I missed that sweet Apollo passed on................ I am so sorry. I know Val did her very best. He was so loved by many................he was so lucky to have so many mammas.............................

.......................I still cannot believe it frown

USDA Licensed Breeder
903-808-1142

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 549 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,161
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,662 TEXAS
679,109 OHIO
487,235 OKLAHOMA
432,237 UTAH
321,759 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024