Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
question for people who have a lot of gliders? #592246
07/18/08 05:39 PM
07/18/08 05:39 PM

S
shann0n
Unregistered
shann0n
Unregistered
S

How do you have time to play with all of them if you have like 3 or 4 cages of gliders? Do you really play with all of them for an hour or more each night? Can you play with all of them at the same time?

Me and my boyfriend were wondering about this, randomly.

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592247
07/18/08 05:40 PM
07/18/08 05:40 PM
Texas
morksmom Offline
Glider Slave
morksmom  Offline
Glider Slave

Texas
rotate..lol
no way all of mine could be out together..we'd have a fight for sure.

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: morksmom] #592249
07/18/08 05:44 PM
07/18/08 05:44 PM

S
shann0n
Unregistered
shann0n
Unregistered
S

okay, one other thing...

if you have a colony of like 6 gliders, how do you play with them all at the same time?? isn't it crazy w/ gliders running and leaping all over the place? or do you just take a couple out and play with them?

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592253
07/18/08 05:53 PM
07/18/08 05:53 PM
St. Charles, Missouri
Suggiegramma Offline
Glider Slave
Suggiegramma  Offline
Glider Slave

St. Charles, Missouri
I have 9 cages, several are trios, and I have tent time with them. I play with half of them one night and the other half the next. Of course each set of cages separately.

Virginia

Suggies
Sachi,Miuccia,Mignon,Cosette,Blaise,Florianna,Fabio,
Abbi,Fletcher,Eshton,Hansel,Gretel,Sahara,Parker,SugarBear,
Emily,Ariana,Symphony,Mozart,Smeegle,Cocoa,Hershey,Tippy,
Hollister,Anastasia,Buffy,Tawny,Stormy,Aurora,Chance,Karma,
Kristoff,Ruby.

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: Suggiegramma] #592315
07/18/08 07:28 PM
07/18/08 07:28 PM
Kilgore, Texas
Cora Offline
Serious Glideritis
Cora  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kilgore, Texas
I play with mine either in the glider proofed bathroom or the tent................I dont just let them loose in a room............too much they can get into!! wink

USDA Licensed Breeder
903-808-1142

http://www.freewebs.com/angelfish_37/index.htm
Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: Cora] #592323
07/18/08 07:44 PM
07/18/08 07:44 PM

7glider7
Unregistered
7glider7
Unregistered

At one time when I was living with my ex we had two pairs of two that HATED eachother. We let one pair out one night, and one pair out the next.

We even had to move the "non-playing" pair to a "holding cage" in the other room because the pair out playing would pick fights through the cage bars shakehead ugh

That was enough of a pain, I don't know how people with multiple colonies do it!

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592326
07/18/08 07:49 PM
07/18/08 07:49 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
I rotate each night who comes out. It is harder with multiples *(esp. if they are all pairs that do not get along! lol) I usually do one cage in the tent, one in the bathroom and go back and forth! lol (Course, they spend a good time marking and overmarking me when I do that!!! lol)

Last edited by pappy1264; 07/18/08 07:50 PM.

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: pappy1264] #592337
07/18/08 08:06 PM
07/18/08 08:06 PM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Ill play with Renny one night, Quincy the next, then Jay & Silent Bob the night after. Some nights, if Quincy is up early (he can be an early riser) I do tent time with him, then Renny so I can knock out 2 suggies in one night lol.

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592362
07/18/08 09:09 PM
07/18/08 09:09 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
When you have several gliders that get along, it is awesome to have them all playing together and running and jumping. I tend to think of play time as their exercise time, not bonding time anyway - most of my kids all but ignore me during play time because they are having too much fun doing whatever they are doing.

But, with the gliders I have now, the cages don't get along, so I alternate the pair/trio, but my single gets out every night.

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: sugarlope] #592397
07/18/08 10:04 PM
07/18/08 10:04 PM

P
purplekat61
Unregistered
purplekat61
Unregistered
P

I rotate also for now. Daddy and son don't get along very well as of yet. I will of course try again after getting them nuetered. Until then I let them out in pairs for playtime. If I can give them each an hour a night I do if not I do the every other night thing. Now that I will be adding another pair to my brood I will have to reschedule play times!
Gretchen I'm with you....they don't want to have alot to do with me when they are having too much time doing there own thing. They do however come see me once in a while as to check and see that I am still there! lol

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592405
07/18/08 10:11 PM
07/18/08 10:11 PM

L
Leyna
Unregistered
Leyna
Unregistered
L

I rotate cages... I have several pairs/trios and 2 colonies (1 group of boys, 1 group of girls). I usually play with 2 cages of gliders on the days I work and on the days I don't work, I play with as many as I can... I love play time with the colonies. The one is a group of 7 and they are just a blast. It feels like anyway you turn, there are gliders and there's always somebody trying to go down your shirt, give you a face hug, or nibble on your tows. While fending one off, another will get you, lol. I seriously wonder some times if they are conspiring against me...

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592422
07/18/08 10:29 PM
07/18/08 10:29 PM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Texas
I'm with everyone else. I have 2 or 3 tents set up in my house at all times. I rotate the gliders that need a special needs set up through one tent and the cages that do not need that set up through through the other tent(s). I start about 7 and am usually out by 10 and able to do some more work around the house before bed.

I keep mine on a schedule and try to follow it even if I am away from home (i.e. at the SGGA).

Like others, I really enjoy play time with my colony. I hope to eventually combine pairs into Quads and get my cage numbers down.

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #592436
07/18/08 11:00 PM
07/18/08 11:00 PM

R
Rachel
Unregistered
Rachel
Unregistered
R

We only have two cages but it's still enough to drive us crazy sometimes! We won't get any more because we don't have the time or energy to give them all a couple hours out of cage every night. I just feel too guilty waking them up during the day. They behave like little zombies anyways.

We have a glider room where I can let one pair out. My boyfriend will take the other pair in our bedroom which we've glider-proofed. Both bathrooms are great too. Usually I spend time in the glider room with the oldies and my boyfriend plays with the babies in the bedroom. It often keeps us up until midnight though.

I LOVED watching colonies of six or seven out and about together. I remember a group of males and one female with two two week OOP joeys taking over a shed. They just FLY everywhere! It's worth video taping. It's so funny! It's also the best exercise they can get. The moms with joeys generally would hobble over to me and have mealies.

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592452
07/18/08 11:31 PM
07/18/08 11:31 PM
MS
Janie Offline
Glider Lover
Janie  Offline
Glider Lover

MS
I have 3 cages. I can hold them all during the day (1 pouch per cage full) they dont seem to mind being near each other when they poke their heads out to get a pet or a treat,,, I hold them all at the same time for about 2 hours every day in the late afternoon,, minimum.

I can not let them all play together at night thou,, they WILL fight for sure,,,, so we take them out 1 cage at a time for 30 to 45 minutes each,,,, their room only has their cages and toys,,, a stand with a tv ,,, and a couch ,,, so we read or watch tv while they jump all over the place and play... best move we made cause we use their playtime as our time to unwind as well,,, and love it when they bounce off and on us =)

slave to 9 cages of adorable suggies
:grey: :wfb: :rtmo: :leu: :wt:
http://www.suggierealm.com
Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: Janie] #592455
07/18/08 11:50 PM
07/18/08 11:50 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

Not trying to insult anybody in the least, because sometimes if I've had a hectic day I'll pass out right after I feed my babes... but are you guys the same ones that emphasize hours of play each night? help I just remember how daunting of a statement that was before I had gliders. If I missed a night would they start self-mutilating?

Anyways, back on topic... I usually play with both cages each night. I take Christy, Louie, and Todd out during the day and "chill" with them while on the computer or reading... and then at night I get the party started 4real with Katalina and Keito. Trust me, 'Lina girl DEFINITELY knows how to get a party started, lol. She's a little rabble-rouser. After I put those two up, I usually get out Louie again to hang out with before bedtime.

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592466
07/19/08 12:15 AM
07/19/08 12:15 AM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
I have three cages right now, soon to be four, and I let them all out to play each night. They don't get along so they take turns in the glider room. Each cage gets about an hour or so out in the room/night and while one is out the other 2 get to play in the 175 and 260 gallon repts. (I don't keep them in repts, they just play in them) Gretchen mine don't pay much attention to me now that they have the room. I thought about going back to tent but they have too much fun. There have been times where I just let them play in the rept because I was busy and couldn't let them out. I think they are fine if it's only on occasion, they are sensitive but most gliders are fine if they miss a night or two out.

Last edited by SugareeErin; 07/19/08 12:16 AM.

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592490
07/19/08 01:29 AM
07/19/08 01:29 AM

R
Rachel
Unregistered
Rachel
Unregistered
R

Originally Posted By: Mio
Not trying to insult anybody in the least, because sometimes if I've had a hectic day I'll pass out right after I feed my babes... but are you guys the same ones that emphasize hours of play each night?

I was thinking exactly the same thing! Considering all we hear is "You need to spend one to two hours a night with your sugar gliders out of cage" it's bizarre to hear veteran glider slaves say they only take their suggies out every two or three nights. Seriously, I've never seen someone say "It's OK to go a night without having your gliders out of their cages."

I won't get more sugar gliders because I don't have time for more. I follow the "one to two hours a night" rule religiously. I've tried to go to bed after long days at work without playing with my suggies and I can never sleep. None of my guys have ever missed playtime.

Having said that, I know skipping a night won't kill the animals or induce self-mutilation. I just feel it's what's best for my four and my bond with all of them so I'm sticking to it.

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592492
07/19/08 01:55 AM
07/19/08 01:55 AM

M
macwood6
Unregistered
macwood6
Unregistered
M

I want to stress one point here. I think when most "seasoned" glider owners tell "new" owners hours each night and make such a strong point about it is that you need that time to bond. Once you have a close relationship with your gliders you will see that it is easier to spend time with them.
After having a glider for a year they are more used to you and your schedule.
We have gliders that Carl ill get up in the morning and they will hang out with him while he walks around and get ready for work. This is about a half hour - forty five minutes. I have gliders that are out more during the day.I will take them out and they will hang out while I pull plates, wipe down bars and clean trays. I rotate gliders in pouches during the day. I have children that hold and play with them. We rotated them out with us just watching tv doing things around the house.
This is in addition to just taking them out to play with them.
When they are closely bonded you can take them out like that.
I have gliders that I know that I can walk around with and they will not jump off of me or leave me.
I have gliders that I know that I have to be careful with that are skittish and more nervous that I take out when things are calmer.
We many times have set the tent up in the living room and sat in there watching a movie with 8 gliders running around. I kind of agree that the tent is more a wild time for them.
Once you have a solid relationship and you are able to do more with them it really does not feel like that much time when you can involve them in your doings.
I do have gliders that if I am not there getting them out they hang their giving you the puppy eyes till you take them out. lol
I have a few that seem to be irritated if you bother them.lol
Once you get to know them better it does get easier.

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592516
07/19/08 05:23 AM
07/19/08 05:23 AM

7glider7
Unregistered
7glider7
Unregistered

I agree that sometimes people may "overstress" the importance of playtime every night. It is absolutely ideal, but for MOST gliders they will survive and still be happy with every other night, and for people with multiple cages, this pretty much has to be the reality for people to get any sleep tounge That being said, IMHO if you can't get gliders out at least every other night, then maybe you should consider having less gliders...I say this because I notice if mine don't get out at least this often they are quite antsy. But perhaps it is different for different gliders.

While I would be against people telling newbies that their glider will start to SM if they are left alone one night, I think it is good to stress that they SHOULD (ideally) come out nightly, because I agree with Janice, especially when bonding with your gliders, they DO need this much attention.

Some gliders really ALWAYS need this much attention. I have read stories of gliders so attached to their owners they would overgroom if left alone for just a day or two. When Zoey lived by herself we got her out to play every night and she was still stressed and overgrooming. Some gliders are more sensitive than others to the amount of time you spend with them.

Like Janice said, I have one glider who would probably prefer I never touch him at all roflmao while I have two others that are very adamant that they receive their playtime and are very offended without it and let me know by barking mercilessly roflmao

Last edited by 7glider7; 07/19/08 05:25 AM.
Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592522
07/19/08 06:44 AM
07/19/08 06:44 AM

R
Rachel
Unregistered
Rachel
Unregistered
R

I feel it's ideal for my gliders' mental and physical health that they're out of their cage for at least an hour every night. None are high maintenance and I'm sure they'd be fine without me for a night. I just think their time running and bouncing around the bedrooms like forests is invaluable. They have so much fun and get the kind of exercise they can't within a cage, regardless the cage's size.

Yeah, bonding is hard work. When they're joeys they're terribly busy so they always want out of the cage. I can see how bonding involves more time than bonded adult sugar gliders. Still, if you don't have AT LEAST and hour every couple nights for your sugar gliders to be out and about you should have less. I definitely don't think it's fair to the critters to leave them in a cage for forty-eight hours.

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592557
07/19/08 09:36 AM
07/19/08 09:36 AM
MS
Janie Offline
Glider Lover
Janie  Offline
Glider Lover

MS
I know my gliders need atleast 6 hours of undisturbed sleep or they get very cranky and dont want to play with us ... thats why I dont take them out till late afternoon in the pouches,,, they are awake then but content to groom each other or me heheh and sometimes take licky treats,,, I have all 3 cages worth of them on me while sculpt or work online for atleast the 2 hours usually longer.

so at night when everyone is home we cycle thru the cages while talking reading and watching tv in the glider room,,, we have 3 hours we spend in there,,, but they usually put themselves away in 30 to 45 minutes,,,at an hour we will put them in and take out the next cage,,, but my gliders are very strongly bonded and I dont see making them stay out as beneficial to anyone,,, I am assuming they are out so much during the afternoon as well it isnt as big of a deal for them at night,,, I think alot depends on your gliders needs more than any strict rule.

slave to 9 cages of adorable suggies
:grey: :wfb: :rtmo: :leu: :wt:
http://www.suggierealm.com
Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592565
07/19/08 10:05 AM
07/19/08 10:05 AM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Texas
Originally Posted By: 7glider7
But perhaps it is different for different gliders.

It absolutely is different for different gliders. I have some that have a seizure when they are brought out of their cage. Others become agitated if they are away from the cage for more than 30 minutes or so. And, many of mine with physical issues cannot tolerate more than 30-45 minutes of activity before they get tired. When you take in rescues, you get all the emotional and physical stuff that comes with them. Yes, it is different with different gliders.

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #592569
07/19/08 10:27 AM
07/19/08 10:27 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

I take my 3 cages out every night one cage at a time for about 2 hours each (min 1 hour but most nights 2). Of course I don't sleep at night very much I start at 8pm and go till 2am with gliders flying all around my new place which I took great care in glider proofing! I just close the bathroom doors and let them have at it. Of course since we just moved in here they are still a little scared and still end up hanging out on my shoulder, head, leg, foot, arm, or hand... well that and my face and of course there is Pizza who just likes my bra. It's fun to see what they get into and I keep a good eye on them at all times. I could handle another cage (uh oh did I say that?) just because I enjoy playtime so much and my suggie boggies won't stay playing for more than 2 hours at a time. I guess I have the perfect sleep patern for owning gliders... it's simple I don't lol.

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592626
07/19/08 12:59 PM
07/19/08 12:59 PM
in my happy place
S
sugarlope Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
sugarlope  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
S

in my happy place
No, I am not 'one of those people' that says a glider will SM if they aren't out every night smile (but I don't think I have ever heard that either). dunno

When I started out with them, I did have tent time or bathroom time with them every single night. The reason I got into this habit with my gliders is neither here nor there, but this is the schedule they have right now and all are very bonded and happy gliders.

There are nights that I have them out much longer or have out all three cages throughout the night as well, but it isn't every single night. I have 2 tents and a small room sized screened in porch that they play in. For my kids, it is about something different (enrichment experience) for them now, not bonding time. (daytime is bonding time, nighttime is play time)

My youngest still likes tent time for bonding, but my 5-7 year olds, as I said, pay little to no attention to me, oter than checking in, because they are busy experiencing their area.

The reason I think people say you must spend hours with your gliders every night is for the people that will take things at face value. If you have a single glider for any length of time, they absolutely do need time with you every night because you are their only outlet. And if you tell new people that it's ok to skip a night now and then because things 'happen' you find a whole lot of people will start skipping more nights than they don't (it's just a sad fact) instead of the other way around which is how it was intended.

Each person will get into their own routines and habits with their gliders based of their and their gliders preferences and habits over time. But because much of this board is directed at new owners who are looking for limits, we are always going to give 'ideals'. (Just like owning a dog; most people say a dog should be walked several times a day, but that doesn't mean a lot of people do it).

GC gives you a jumping off point and good information/knowledge base, you as the owner have to decide how and what fits into your lifestyle and your/their schedule (this goes for diet as well as all aspects of glider ownership including whether or not one should own gliders). HTH! smile

~Gretchen

If we never loved, then maybe we would never feel pain. Love anyway. It's worth it.
Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #592689
07/19/08 03:25 PM
07/19/08 03:25 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
Originally Posted By: macwood6
I want to stress one point here. I think when most "seasoned" glider owners tell "new" owners hours each night and make such a strong point about it is that you need that time to bond. Once you have a close relationship with your gliders you will see that it is easier to spend time with them.
After having a glider for a year they are more used to you and your schedule.
We have gliders that Carl ill get up in the morning and they will hang out with him while he walks around and get ready for work. This is about a half hour - forty five minutes. I have gliders that are out more during the day.I will take them out and they will hang out while I pull plates, wipe down bars and clean trays. I rotate gliders in pouches during the day. I have children that hold and play with them. We rotated them out with us just watching tv doing things around the house.
This is in addition to just taking them out to play with them.
When they are closely bonded you can take them out like that.
I have gliders that I know that I can walk around with and they will not jump off of me or leave me.
I have gliders that I know that I have to be careful with that are skittish and more nervous that I take out when things are calmer.
We many times have set the tent up in the living room and sat in there watching a movie with 8 gliders running around. I kind of agree that the tent is more a wild time for them.
Once you have a solid relationship and you are able to do more with them it really does not feel like that much time when you can involve them in your doings.
I do have gliders that if I am not there getting them out they hang their giving you the puppy eyes till you take them out. lol
I have a few that seem to be irritated if you bother them.lol
Once you get to know them better it does get easier.

Your routine sounds a lot like mine. In the morning when I remove food dishes and change fleece pads, it always wakes Calypso, Andre' and their joeys, so I start with their cage and do my work while all four ride around in me. I have six cages and one rept, so this takes me about an hour. When I'm done, I put them back and give everyone their morning mealies, being very careful to use hand sanitizer between cages. Giving the mealies allows more interaction with them as well as being a good time to check the overall health of everyone. Mine awaken several times throughout the day and are always ready to play, whether it be to climb all over me or to play in SuggieLand (i.e. their closet). I also carry at least 2-3 pouches with me all day, rotating families, so that everyone gets to bond that way every other day. From about 7 or 8 p.m. to midnight, the ones who haven't had as much interaction during the day, get to come play with me in SuggieLand for an hour or so. If we go to the movies or visiting with relatives or friends, I always take 2 pouches with me. My gliders LOVE to socialize with people. Some more than others. Eragon and Saphira love to jump from person to person. Calypso, Captain Jack and Turner, love to explore and climb all over you. Some, like Sara, Ebony and Lady Jaclyn, prefer to be bra babies. It's always fun and exciting, every day!

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: sugarlope] #592749
07/19/08 06:56 PM
07/19/08 06:56 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: sugarlope
No, I am not 'one of those people' that says a glider will SM if they aren't out every night smile (but I don't think I have ever heard that either).

I've never heard it either. It was a question that I tossed around in my mind after seeing websites with the EVERY NIGHT thing... that was when I was about 10 or 11, and it scared me away from gliders for quite a few years.

Katalina is one of those gliders that, if I don't take her out every night, I feel guilty and won't be able to sleep. Every single night she hangs on the door of the cage with all four paws on the bars like she's a poor little prisoner, and when she sees me she starts hopping around for me to open the door. haha. Sometimes Louie is the same way. Keito and Christy are too cool for that, I guess. cool

Re: question for people who have a lot of gliders? [Re: ] #593224
07/20/08 05:41 PM
07/20/08 05:41 PM
Northeast U.S.
angelic4296 Offline
Glider Addict
angelic4296  Offline
Glider Addict

Northeast U.S.
I prety much let Giz and Ruthie determine when their playtime is and how long it lasts....my bedroom is glider proofed, so when I don't have the tent up, that's their playland (I just have to watch for and clean up potty breaks lol)...I open and cage doors and leave them open and they come and go as they please...sometimes, esp. when its hot, they only want half an hour before their back in the cage eating and getting ready for a nap. Other nights, its an hour and a half. I go by their schedule and I'd say they are out for an average of an hour 5-6 nights a week...I have rheumatoid arthritis and every now and then playtime just ain't happenin...

Jess

2 spoiled gliders, Gizzy (6/05) and Ruthie (?/05) <3

Please consider rescuing first!

Please remember to complete your surveys at http://www.sugargroup.org/ - help better the lives of gliders everywhere smile

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,551 TEXAS
679,068 OHIO
487,134 OKLAHOMA
432,138 UTAH
321,663 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024