Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair #609970
08/12/08 12:47 AM
08/12/08 12:47 AM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline OP
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Missouri
Well (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets strikes again at the Iowa fair this past weekend we had a disturbing letter posted on our yahoo group today by a member who actually went to the fair. Please PM me if your interested in reading the letter.

Last edited by LSardou; 08/12/08 03:07 AM. Reason: removed letter

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

gangel My little three precious angels :rbridge:

http://suggieshack.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=login

Mom to some really spoiled little ones.

:rtmo:
:leu:
:grey:

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: tammyangel] #609983
08/12/08 01:08 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
Is there really anything we can do to stop what they're doing? Shouldn't it be completely illegal to do what they do? Wouldn't it be considered false advertising or even animal cruelty?!

I feel so sorry for the poor gliders that they put through this. I have never heard ONE good thing about them. EVER. Someone said in an earlier post, that we should just look up wherever (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is going, then set up a stand or something giving out CORRECT glider info. I don't remember who said it, but it sounds like a really good idea. Then again... People normally go with what they like to hear, which would probably be what (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is saying... Since they make them sound like the perfect pets for everyone. cry

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: tammyangel] #609984
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Ugh, if they come here I might have to castrate someone!

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru
Tortoise: Vork
Cats: Scooby, Swiper, Zero, Dinah & Sykes
Suggies: Meeko, Willow & Nemo; Rei, Rafiki & Rajah; Opal, Lily & Link; Tael, Tatl & Navi; Kristoff Krabbs & Crabby Patty
:rbridge: Fern, Cjarsa, Syfka, Icarus, Ivy, Howie & Gracie

www.cinnamonstix-n-sugar.com
Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: cinnamonstix] #609985
08/12/08 01:09 AM
08/12/08 01:09 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
Originally Posted By: cinnamonstix
Ugh, if they come here I might have to castrate someone!

Or decapitate, whichever works! exclamation

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: konotashi] #609992
08/12/08 01:18 AM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline OP
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Missouri
Well In this case of the five year old I say some of the blame goes on the adult who purchased it for her to begin with.But most of the unhanded tactics that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets uses is really getting out of hand.And there has to be away to shut them down we just haven't crossed that bridge yet.And when they finally are shut down it will be a blessing.Ive also been told by someone in the area that several of the gliders that were sold this past weekend.Have already died so there will be more people hopefully needing help and will come to the right place before its to late.

Having Faith and Hope that some day soon.That all the world will come to see that all of gods babies deserve love and affection.

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: konotashi] #609993
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
castration does not cause death...I will stick with that one...lol.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru
Suggies: Meeko, Willow & Nemo; Rei, Rafiki & Rajah; Opal, Lily & Link; Tael, Tatl & Navi; Kristoff Krabbs & Crabby Patty

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: konotashi] #609997
08/12/08 01:24 AM
08/12/08 01:24 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

These stories just sicken me. I just had a thought... this little 5 year old girl puts her hand in the pouch after 5 days the glider likely has Giardia (hey the one I got from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets did) and the little girl doesn't wash her hands well and contracts it... then you not only have a very sick little glider but also a very sick little girl. And if the glider isn't lucky enough to make it (which their success stories are dwindling) you also have a little girl with a broken heart. I know that when I got our Lillie for my then 7 year old daughter I ended up spending hundreds and hundreds on vets to get rid of the Giardia. I was just lucky that I happened to have the money to do so or my little girl would have been crushed. This would have been way worse to her then getting bit which now that I know more I think how lucky we are that our babies have such great personalities.

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #609998
08/12/08 01:27 AM
08/12/08 01:27 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
What exactly is Giardia?
But what would happen to the thousands of gliders if (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets was shut down? I don't think that everyone on here would be able to provide homes for all of them...
Would they have to be euthanized?

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: konotashi] #609999
08/12/08 01:29 AM
08/12/08 01:29 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

Giardia is an internal parisite... that is transferable to humans... and a pain to get rid of!

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #610002
08/12/08 01:32 AM
08/12/08 01:32 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
So you can't just give them a pill and it's gone?
I bet if they actually CARED for their animals, their gliders wouldn't have it....
Do they even know about proper suggie care, or do they know it, but just make them sound like easy, low maintainence pets?
If they do know, I don't see how they could stand telling them the wrong things if they KNOW it's wrong.

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: konotashi] #610006
08/12/08 01:37 AM
08/12/08 01:37 AM

L
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
Lilleethesugee
Unregistered
L

oh no weeks and weeks and weeks and more weeks of antibiotics and about 500-600 in vet bills! They don't care about the gliders they care about their bottom line! They tell you not to feed bugs because it makes them smell! Come on a person that loves their pet wouldn't care especially if it effects their health! Their diet is based on them not smelling not their nutrition!

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #610007
08/12/08 01:44 AM
08/12/08 01:44 AM
Twin Cities, MN
cinnamonstix Offline
Glider Addict
cinnamonstix  Offline
Glider Addict

Twin Cities, MN
Yeah, Giardia is BAD! It is a super long, tedious and strenuous process of rigorous cleaning many times a day and medications to get rid of it. Without treatment the glider will die and it is transmittable through mammals, so can be very catchy. You got me thinking...we need a pill that can get rid of (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets, now THAT would be wonderful! LOL.

~GWEN~
Crazy Hubby Dru

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: cinnamonstix] #610009
08/12/08 01:51 AM
08/12/08 01:51 AM

M
mel_2
Unregistered
mel_2
Unregistered
M

I just googled Pocket Pets and read what they had to say, and It made me really mad. I have only had my gliders for a few weeks, but I did ( and still am doing) alot of research concerning them. They suggest using a heat rock!?!?!? uh, no. have read over and over that this is in no way to be done. Also, it was said that if you feed them mealworms, they will stink, so they are not be fed. The mealworms are a very improtant part of the gliders diet. I dont know what to think when they have all these happy pictures with the gliders with cats and dogs, I can just imagine people trying this for the first time, and losing their pet. What really made me mad was when they tried time and time again to make people who know what their talking about sound like we are crazy, and that we have not adapted to what is best for the glider. If you look at the website you can see for yourself, and you will be able to realise that what they have to say is bull.

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #610018
08/12/08 02:14 AM
08/12/08 02:14 AM

T
Tasmina
Unregistered
Tasmina
Unregistered
T

Ugh, I just looked at their site, and in their customer photos, some of the babies were so young, their eyes weren't even open! That is horrible.

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #610025
08/12/08 02:51 AM
08/12/08 02:51 AM
Homestead, FL
Adri Offline
Glider Guardian
Adri  Offline
Glider Guardian

Homestead, FL
You know all of my babies at the moment are rescues with the exception on my Lola, I believe all came from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. Stumpy was a SM hence his name. He ate off his tale because the lady that bought him was told he would be fine by himself. She was never ever told what he needed to eat, yet was told cat food was a great source of protein, so on and so on. She purchased a cage that was 18" x 18" and thats how he was handed to me. so sad frown

Adri

Mother of 2
Adrian, Sofie
Slave to many glidin' gliders

www.sugarsensation.com

Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved.
Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: tammyangel] #610041
08/12/08 03:30 AM
08/12/08 03:30 AM

C
Celeste
Unregistered
Celeste
Unregistered
C

Ohhhh this makes me SO MAD! I hate animal abuse. And, that's what that is. You can't give a 2 week OOP baby away! I can't even go look at that site, or I'll just get so upset and angry. Can..We report them to the Better buisness buera? Or, an animal care and control place? A lot of them might get put to sleep sadly..Especially if they are in such bad condition..=/

It also makes me mad, in another thread here I read they were bad mouthing this site. WHAT? I've learned SO many thing's here, and I've just begun! You all care so much about these little critters, and it's jsut unfair and they deserve to die for mistreating something that can't defend itself.

I also think that they were at the south florida fair. I can't remember the name of the company, but there was two guys who both had sugar gliders. They looked healthy enough, but didn't seem to know what they were talking about. And made them sound as if they were very simple to take care of. It takes effort to take care of them, it isnt like you can just give them a bowl of cat food. No worms? Ugh!

Well, if osmething CAN be done...I've yet to read all the threads...So, someone..Please PM me? I'd be MORE! then willing to help in any way to shut this [censored] place down. NO ANIMAL deserves such horrid treatment. When people only care about money, theres a problem. Stupid humans! =/ /end rant.

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #610104
08/12/08 07:54 AM
08/12/08 07:54 AM
Mesa, AZ
konotashi Offline
Glider Addict
konotashi  Offline
Glider Addict

Mesa, AZ
I think that it'd be better for the gliders who are suffering with God knows what sicknesses to be euthanized anyway. I know that's a horrible thing to say, but at least it would end their suffering and they wouldn't die a slow, painful death....

Also, the pictures make getting one tempting, along with all of the lies spred throughout their site. On pg. 3, there's a pair of joeys that don't even have their eyes open! That's just rediculous, and ANYONE should be able to look at those joeys and tell they're too young.
I've also seen one of the photos on pg. 3 in the Photo of the week contest on here....
Someone feeding their glider a hot dog... Is that healthy?
On pg. 6 I think there's the same pair of closed-eyed joeys... Poor things. I'd be surprised if they survived.

And I don't know if anyone noticed this or not (sure a few did), but the sugar glider cartoons on the site don't even LOOK like sugar gliders! They all have a stripe going down their tail!

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: tammyangel] #610114
08/12/08 08:17 AM
08/12/08 08:17 AM

C
Celeste
Unregistered
Celeste
Unregistered
C

I ended up looking after all..couldn't contain my curiosity..the lies..Are outstanding. The food they are selling? Poor suggies. I love how through the entire site it's all 'Please read all of our TRUE scientifically proven information!' Wheres the proof, hmm? I saw something about them getting vets to 'update there ways' and make a book...affiliated with the site? cry Not fair. Brainwashing, I tell you!

And they WERE at my fair! Those..Those...! tant

The animals they have MUST be traumitized. And, very unhealthy =/. It makes me incredibly sad. I'd like to go sneak them all out, the poor things!

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #610125
08/12/08 09:03 AM
08/12/08 09:03 AM
IL (St. Louis area)
StitchsMom Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
StitchsMom  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

IL (St. Louis area)
Did I go to the right website? Most of the pictures were like, "What NOT to Do with Your Glider". Put them with cats, dogs, infants, or just loose in a car! What? It makes for a cute picture, right? *hand smack forehead*

~*~Jenny and the fur kids~*~
>>> Sugar Glider Slave <<<
Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: StitchsMom] #610148
08/12/08 09:23 AM
08/12/08 09:23 AM

Z
Zoey_Girl
Unregistered
Zoey_Girl
Unregistered
Z

(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets was at an Easter Show and that is where I learned about Gliders. We did NOT buy one from them luckily I wanted to do more research (my hubby just wanted to buy one). We got a glider months later after lots of research. I still have the pamplet though and it is not worth the paper it is written on. I do not think there is one single true statement on it. They sucker people in to buying on the spot without even giving them the correct info.
My question is why doesn't the health department do something if they are spreading this to people. I much about this pouch infection or how it affects people. But, from what I have read it doesn't sound good. I hope that the people report this to USDA and the health department.

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #610164
08/12/08 09:41 AM
08/12/08 09:41 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Originally Posted By: Celeste
Ohhhh this makes me SO MAD! I hate animal abuse. And, that's what that is. You can't give a 2 week OOP baby away! I can't even go look at that site, or I'll just get so upset and angry. Can..We report them to the Better buisness buera? Or, an animal care and control place? A lot of them might get put to sleep sadly..Especially if they are in such bad condition..=/

It also makes me mad, in another thread here I read they were bad mouthing this site. WHAT? I've learned SO many thing's here, and I've just begun! You all care so much about these little critters, and it's jsut unfair and they deserve to die for mistreating something that can't defend itself.

I also think that they were at the south florida fair. I can't remember the name of the company, but there was two guys who both had sugar gliders. They looked healthy enough, but didn't seem to know what they were talking about. And made them sound as if they were very simple to take care of. It takes effort to take care of them, it isnt like you can just give them a bowl of cat food. No worms? Ugh!

Well, if something CAN be done...I've yet to read all the threads...So, someone..Please PM me? I'd be MORE! then willing to help in any way to shut this [censored] place down. NO ANIMAL deserves such horrid treatment. When people only care about money, theres a problem. Stupid humans! =/ /end rant.

Here is a web site that you can go to. SESG
Register, and then go to the "Mill Breeder Project" forum. We need ALL the help that we can get!!!

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: tammyangel] #610182
08/12/08 09:52 AM
08/12/08 09:52 AM

C
Celeste
Unregistered
Celeste
Unregistered
C

Yeah! Is there anything we can do? =/..Anyone know? And the way they talk on the website. 'REAL facts. TRUE stories.' As if the customers are idiots.

They were the ones who suggested the male sugar glider my mother in law (She technically isnt, but might as well be =P) has, get a leash! So, she of course got one (She spoils her animals. Which, is good...But sometimes you need to do research first, is all =/) And she brought it home, and had my boyfriend and I look it over and try and put it on. We're like hrm...K...NEVER tried it again. The poor thing started [censored] out! People shouldn't be able to give out false information like that. It's unfair to consumers who don't know any better, and who trust people. They were telling people they were easy to feed, something like 'Oh, just bugs and maybe some fruit of vegis sometimes when you've got some.'....What? Ugh.

Yes, I noticed the site pictures too..Thats supposed to be a glider? Lol yeah..ok, they need to figure out what a glider looks like =/. They are obviously aimed at kids, with a bunch of nice looking professional adds to look as if they are well informed breeders. Every site I personally looked up said about the same thing. Thats all about the COMPLEE opposite. And, they are USDA? Seriously?

Edit: Thanks! =D I'll look at it now. Anything I can do to help against such poor practices!

Last edited by Celeste; 08/12/08 09:54 AM.
Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #610217
08/12/08 10:37 AM
08/12/08 10:37 AM

B
buttercup
Unregistered
buttercup
Unregistered
B

Take the leash, throw it out and then tell her you don't know what happened to it LOL...

Well, unless someones child contracts Giardia from their pet glider and can PROVE it, they could file suit against them...although I haven't heard of anything like that happening yet...but it is possible.

I'd be more than happy to help set up a booth if they ever came to Houston...

I went to their site once...and that was enough...they are adament with their duped customers on avoiding forums like this....and we all know why....

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #610223
08/12/08 10:50 AM
08/12/08 10:50 AM

C
Celeste
Unregistered
Celeste
Unregistered
C

Yes, they are! It's hinted everywhere. And how bad forums are. As if thats the only reasonable source, the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets site. Psh, yeah RIGHT. They don't even have any proof. Can any vet seriously even believe in the thing's they do? I sure hope not. And also, that's the thing. A lot of people now KNOW about the problems...but without first hand experience, we have no real proof against them.

And seriously, who would use one site for looking up resources? That isn't what you do, because the site COULD be misleading. Didn't we learn this in english, while doing reports? People will buy anything if it sounds good. They are impulse pets, sadly.

THOUGH...I must admit, when my mother in law got her gliders...They warned her they were a LOT of work. That they needed mealies, and gave us a list of what to make them. Looking at it now, it wasnt complete. I believe it was..Baby food, eggs and shell, meal worms or crickets, baby cereal, veggies and fruits, vitamin supplements. So, they weren't totally in the dark...But, I wasn't ever informed of a calcium-phosphorus ratio, so I'm glad I checked things. Also, at the pet store, the person working there was carrying them around with her in a bonding pouch to help socialize them, and explained that to us. Note, this wasnt a pet supermarket. I think it's a privately owned pet shop. Not a chain. A little off topic there, hrm. Sorry bout that. blush

And yes, as a matter of fact, that leash did go 'missing'. wink

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: ] #610232
08/12/08 11:05 AM
08/12/08 11:05 AM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline OP
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Missouri
Anyone wanting to read about the posting from the member just pm me Ill be happy to give the letter that she wrote as to what she saw.And Ive been informed today another pair died this morning that was bought.

Re: PPP Strikes again Iowa State fair [Re: tammyangel] #610825
08/13/08 02:17 AM
08/13/08 02:17 AM
Missouri
tammyangel Offline OP
Glider Slave
tammyangel  Offline OP
Glider Slave

Missouri
We had another member went to the fair today and they posted a really good light on (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets if anyone wants to see what was said today by our wonderful buddies feel free to pm me.

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024