Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts #618092
08/21/08 06:53 PM
08/21/08 06:53 PM
Tampa, FL
Xglider Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Xglider  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Tampa, FL
Stopping Perfect Pocket Pets !! hit were it hurts

I am so sick and tired of hearing about this insidious group, every day there seems to be new gliders we are hearing about that find there way to our community that is in a life or death situation. tant We have all read many and many heart breaking stories …

What can we do, I have an idea … and will need help…

First I know there are several people compiling information, (*Kate, Linda, Tammy… are you listening .. lol … I know there are others too) .. I will need your input and help. What have you compiled do you have any type of a pamphlet, information fact sheet?

Do we know how many have found their ways to rescues? I know some of you have many (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets rescues …

I will tell you about what I need second after I tell you what I am thinking about…

We know most of these sales occur at state and local fairs, as well as home shows and such .. right … and they keep moving… there is not one true government agency that will follow them form state to state (if there is tell me) they get in, they get out with cash, client can’t really ever find them again… on to their next set of victims… So we need to hit them were they will feel it .. financially … what I would like to do is compile the information we have, into an information packet, this packet can them be mailed to the Event organizers, maybe if these organizers can see what is happening they might just deny the booth entry … now entry no gliders sold …

I am thinking Fairs, homeshows … any other type of venues any of you have seen them at please keep reading …

Now the Second part that I need help with …. Contact information!!

If each of you could post a link to the Event Organizer with contact information I would like to begin compiling this data to send them a packet of information …
Post the one for your state or local event …

I have the Florida State Fair:
http://floridastatefair.com/content/view/21/58/
I also am adding the Florida Home Show:
(not sure they have ever been there, but stop them before they are)
http://www.bighomeshow.com/Pages/REVISED%20CONTACTUS.htm

* ~ * John * ~ * Sorry store is closed at this time.. <br>
Link -> [b]~~ XtremeGlider ~~ Home of the original Re~set Toys! ~~[/b] <br>
Oct 2012 update.. miss my gliders and my
glider family and think of my friends often!!!
Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: Xglider] #618096
08/21/08 06:57 PM
08/21/08 06:57 PM

T
Tasmina
Unregistered
Tasmina
Unregistered
T

Wouldn't informing these places of the possible harm and spread to humans of parasites be enough to keep them from being sold at a fair and such? Think about how many people look at and touch those suggies, then go around touching rides, and food and everything.

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618100
08/21/08 07:02 PM
08/21/08 07:02 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Originally Posted By: Tasmina
Wouldn't informing these places of the possible harm and spread to humans of parasites be enough to keep them from being sold at a fair and such? Think about how many people look at and touch those suggies, then go around touching rides, and food and everything.

No. Suggies don't harm people, people harm suggies. We don't the USDA to BAN them from US who love and care for them! We just want the mill breeders, the people who ONLY care about money and NOT the animals to be BANNED from selling them at trade shows, fairs and flea markets.

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: SugarBlossoms] #618102
08/21/08 07:05 PM
08/21/08 07:05 PM

T
Tasmina
Unregistered
Tasmina
Unregistered
T

Yes, I was just thinking that if it were explained that these mill breeders raised unhealthy suggies, that they wouldn't be able to sell there anymore. But, you are right, that would probably have a backlash against ALL suggies.

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618105
08/21/08 07:08 PM
08/21/08 07:08 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Ok - just so you guys are aware ...

Their NEW tactic ... they don't sell gliders at fairs. They sell cages and supplies, and have gliders to SHOW people at fairs. But if you want a glider, you have to come to their hotel room (or some other "off site" place) after the show/ fair.

Therefore the organizers of the event can't control their sales ...

We have to keep evolving ...

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ValkyrieMome] #618106
08/21/08 07:09 PM
MA
pappy1264 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
pappy1264  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

MA
Are you kidding me? I would think that would be illegal (selling out of a hotel room!) Amazing the legnths they will go to!

Timmy, Gidget(RIP), Bandit, Petey(RIP), Phoebe, Jake (RIP) Piper(RIP), Pru(RIP), Paige, Cole, Molly(RIP), Oliver, Wyatt, Roo(RIP), Romeo, Pennie, Mandy(RIP), Madison, Garth, Kikipoo, Stasia, Bella, Petunia(RIP), Helen, Sydney, Kizzy and Sweet Pea's mom,
Mary
Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ValkyrieMome] #618107
Tampa, FL
Xglider Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Xglider  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Tampa, FL
Alden, that is good inforamtion to have and i think something to be included,,, i mean the truly shows an underhanded way of doing things...

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618110
08/21/08 07:11 PM
08/21/08 07:11 PM

K
Kaczie
Unregistered
Kaczie
Unregistered
K

All of the big shows and fairs in AZ are held at the AZ state fairgrounds. Here is the link, I hope it helps.

http://www.azstatefair.com/

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618112
08/21/08 07:16 PM
08/21/08 07:16 PM

S
suggiemom
Unregistered
suggiemom
Unregistered
S

They'll be at our fair here at the end of this month so I can't wait to see what they come up with. We raised a huge stink last year and even though I almost got arrested over it, people were INTERESTED in what we had to say and followed us around the fair asking us questions. The fair organizers only cared about the money they paid to be there. Couldn't give a flip about the treatment of the gliders.

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618113
08/21/08 07:18 PM
08/21/08 07:18 PM
Tampa, FL
Xglider Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Xglider  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Tampa, FL
So maybe i mail it to some local news stations too ... just thinking ...

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: Xglider] #618131
08/21/08 07:39 PM
08/21/08 07:39 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
Yeah our local news did a big story about a bad pet shop neglecting their animals. New station inverstigations get things done for sure.

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: Xglider] #618134
08/21/08 07:43 PM
08/21/08 07:43 PM

P
peace
Unregistered
peace
Unregistered
P

I wonder how much good it would do to run a add in the news pappers BEFORE the fairs and such?

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618142
08/21/08 07:49 PM
08/21/08 07:49 PM
USA
Crescent Offline
Glider Lover
Crescent  Offline
Glider Lover

USA
Well, here's a thought.
If we organized before a fair and covered the time they were at the fair, we could hand out brochures to 'prospects' telling the How TO buy a Glider and How NOT To buy a glider. When business drops, they might find a better occupation.

dance

Sorry if I was bad. exclamation

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: Crescent] #618148
08/21/08 07:54 PM
08/21/08 07:54 PM

S
shann0n
Unregistered
shann0n
Unregistered
S

last time they had the reptile expo here in new orleans, Pocket Pets was there. the next one coming up in november, i don't think they are on the list but they weren't on the list last time either and they were there so who knows.

the website for them is
http://www.gilaproductions.com

i already sent them an email about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets but some more info might help too?

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: Crescent] #618153
08/21/08 07:57 PM
08/21/08 07:57 PM

S
suggiesweatpea
Unregistered
suggiesweatpea
Unregistered
S

A suggestion.... Get in touch with the Rachel Ray show. I know that sounds wierd, but she has that animal guy on her show all the time and I think he even showed a glider once. Maybe someone can shed some light as a guest on her show about mill breeders, AND at the same time, educate people about these wonderful animals!!!

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618184
08/21/08 08:39 PM
08/21/08 08:39 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Originally Posted By: shann0n
the website for them is
http://www.gilaproductions.com

Pocket Pets is listed here:
http://www.gilaproductions.com/tpa/exh.html
and here:
http://www.gilaproductions.com/ral/exh.html

Not at the Louisiana one, but there is another Sugar Glider vendor listed:
http://www.gilaproductions.com/no/exh.html

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: Xglider] #618325
08/21/08 11:15 PM
08/21/08 11:15 PM

S
SugarMomma81
Unregistered
SugarMomma81
Unregistered
S

Originally Posted By: Xglider
So maybe i mail it to some local news stations too ... just thinking ...

This is an excellent idea! We should all try to get our local news stations to air some sort of story about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. I know here in KC we have a segment called 'Problem Solvers' where they expose scams and stuff. That might be a good idea.

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ValkyrieMome] #618331
08/21/08 11:19 PM
08/21/08 11:19 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Originally Posted By: ValkyrieMome
Ok - just so you guys are aware ...
But if you want a glider, you have to come to their hotel room (or some other "off site" place) after the show/ fair.

Are you serious????!!!!

I'm sorry..but what person in their right mind would meet or follow some stranger to hotel room to buy an animal .. or ANYTHING???!!!! WHAT has this world come to?!!!

Seems like we could get lots of reports on him inviting us/people to his hotel room and have him locked up!!

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618334
08/21/08 11:21 PM
08/21/08 11:21 PM

T
TaterTots
Unregistered
TaterTots
Unregistered
T

do they not have to have a USDA license in each individual state the sell in to sell them? Is the business licensed and they have individuals working for them in each state or are the individuals licensed?

ugh...brain malfunctioning(migraine).. lost my train of thought...will edit when it comes to me again.

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618336
08/21/08 11:24 PM
08/21/08 11:24 PM

D
DarkSpark
Unregistered
DarkSpark
Unregistered
D

Hey! I might be opening a small pet supplies store in our local flea market, and it's a pretty big flea market! There used to be some people there that sold sugar gliders but they got kicked out for having nasty cages, but that was before my time.

Still, I think sending these to big flea markets is also a good idea. My flea market is

B and A Flea Market
2201 SE Indian Street
Stuart, FL 34997

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618557
08/22/08 09:59 AM
08/22/08 09:59 AM
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Ft. Pierce, FL
More and more people are posting about the mill breeders, especially about Perfect Pocket Pets. They've been touched by the stories of the gliders that were bred and sold by these mills. They want to help...to do whatever they can to shut these terrible mills down. It can be done, BUT...we have to work together as a "team". There must be ONE unified front. We must have a focus and a direction. We must be organized.

The mill breeder Project has been working on shutting down the mills for over 6 months. We have short and long term goals, and we have a staff and volunteers who are working hard to make those goals a reality.

Many of the ideas we see being posted are ones we have planned and are currently working on. Having several separate groups or individuals working on similar projects will actually hurt all of our efforts. It's vital that we all come together as one. Come and volunteer and work with us on these projects. By working together, as ONE unified community project, we will be able to achieve our goals.

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: thefotokat] #618577
08/22/08 10:25 AM
08/22/08 10:25 AM
Colorado Springs, Colorado
kyro298 Offline
Glider Explorer
kyro298  Offline
Glider Explorer

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Here's the one they go to in Colorado Springs and it used to be Custome Cage Works, but now they use the vendor name "Pocket Pets of Dallas".

http://www.phillongexpocenter.com/

A few months back, I did actually send them a 3 page letter with detailed info about their practices, their background and probably 20 different websites/links they could visit for proof. I never heard back from them AT ALL. There hasn't been a major homeshow since either Feb. or March so I've been watching the calendar too-just in the hopes they aren't on there any more.

I also know that they are selling supplies but having you place an "order" for gliders. I believe they keep some with them so people can see them but then they have to order them on the spot.

Kylah

5 sugar babies-Skitzi, Daddy, Zoomerang, Shiloh, Maddox

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: ] #618617
08/22/08 11:10 AM
08/22/08 11:10 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Originally Posted By: suggiemom
They'll be at our fair here at the end of this month so I can't wait to see what they come up with. We raised a huge stink last year and even though I almost got arrested over it, people were INTERESTED in what we had to say and followed us around the fair asking us questions. The fair organizers only cared about the money they paid to be there. Couldn't give a flip about the treatment of the gliders.

BINGO-suggiemom, this is EXACTLY why we need to make sure we have 100% proof of everything that we are opposing before approaching any of the Show Officials/Managers.
The ONLY way I was able to get full cooperation from the Show Officials in my state was having solid evidence and documentation from a vet.
The first two years that I tried the 'boycott' route, I was told....WITHOUT TANGIBLE PROOF it's useless. We (they) can not afford to pass up a $1,500 booth based on hearsay or speculation.
This is WHY we need to take things one step at a time.
My goal is and has been since February of this year is to present the medical data to the CDC which will then go to the USDA who will then be the ones to take the appropriate action!
This is why it is VITAL that for those who have had to seek medical attention for your glider that was purchased from any of the said mill breeders, PLEASE send or have your vet send a copy of the report to:

The mill breeder Project
76 Bluestem Lane
Marion, Kansas 66861

One more important thing to keep in mind, when you go to the shows or where ever they are selling, you need to maintain a level of discretion...if you are loud and boisterous, the vendor (in this case (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets) etc.. can and will have you removed from the building. What this will cause is a + for them, and a - for us, because the show officials become discouraged and will refuse to listen to the next person that attempts the same.
As the old saying goes "The Proof is in the Pudding"

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: LSardou] #618628
08/22/08 11:28 AM
08/22/08 11:28 AM
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Ft. Pierce, FL
That's right, Linda. Everyone has to realize that overkill can kill us. Show managers tend to not want problems. If they get hit w/letters from many different people asking them to ban the mills, they won't be as apt to listen when the proof is given to them. They'll just think "It's them again." We have to concentrate our efforts and not let emotions or enthusiasm hurt the cause.

Re: Stopping PERFECT POCKET PETS !! hit were it hurts [Re: thefotokat] #618712
08/22/08 12:56 PM
08/22/08 12:56 PM
Syracuse, NY
Kiiru Offline
Glider Addict
Kiiru  Offline
Glider Addict

Syracuse, NY
Ewww. (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets has a customer photo gallery on their site now...lookit all the 5week oop joeys! frown And lots of them are with kids or on dogs/cats.

How would I go about looking to see if they're coming anywhere near me? I hope they aren't but if so....bwahaha.

-Nicole
2 doves,1 dog,and 5 gliders...
* Yin and Yang
* Razzle, Tictac, and Kitkat - "The trio"

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 372 guests, and 89 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,586 TEXAS
679,082 OHIO
487,164 OKLAHOMA
432,170 UTAH
321,695 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024