Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pocket Pets #656627
10/15/08 01:58 AM
10/15/08 01:58 AM

A
Alex0128
Unregistered
Alex0128
Unregistered
A

Hey all,

So, I've been doing my research on sugar gliders because I plan to get two joeys sometime in the near future. I've come across lots of conflicting advice. Until I read some posts on this website, I was under the impression that sugargliderinfo. org (Pocket Pets) was a reputable vendor and source for sugar glider information.

I don't know who to trust. The whole reason I thought that they were reputable was because the North American Sugar Glider Association (http://www.mynasga. org/, which also appeared to be reputable) endorsed this website: http://www.sugarglidershere. com/ - Sugar Glider Reviews. This is a group that claimed to be "an excellent independent resource which objectively compares the top 25 Sugar Glider-related companies and websites. It is updated on a weekly basis, and contains professional and consumer reviews of the most prominent Sugar Glider breeders, websites, and products." After visiting this website, and looking at the ratings and scores given to pocketpets, I was convinced there was no danger in the information posted on their website.

I need some direction here, folks. Can anyone point out to why these websites shouldn't be trusted. Is NASGA even real? Reputable? What about sugar glider reviews?

Any information would be extremely helpful here.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #656634
10/15/08 02:31 AM
10/15/08 02:31 AM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Those websites are all owned and or run by Pocket Pets. No, the NASGA is not real.

See, there are many of us in the glider community that are trying to shut down the flea market vendors such as Pocket Pets because of their inhumane breeding practices. They take joeys away from mothers too young, they sell sick gliders. They breed and breed and breed until the parents can't breed anymore then either destroy them or let them go. They are kept in tiny cages with barely enough to keep them alive.

So, with all the presure that has been put on them (they have been shut down in a few different places now), they responded by creating those sites to make it appear that they are the know all end all of gliders. It just isn't so.

This website here is not owned by glider breeders. There are THOUSANDS of members on here and we keep each other up to date on the current glider information regarding diet, health, housing, breeding and such.

I recommend you stick around and read read read. Ask questions and judge for yourself which board (this one or theirs) that has an agenda.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Pocket Pets [Re: Dancing] #656636
10/15/08 02:37 AM
10/15/08 02:37 AM
Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

I can tell you from personal experience that no one should buy from Pocket Pets. Those sites are owned by them to make them look legitimate. I bought my little girl from them and the majority of the information they gave me was incorrect, designed to make it look like sugar gliders are as easy to take care of as something like a gerbil.

My vet suspects that my girl was taken away from her parents much too young and I was required to teach her how to potty on her own and feed her joey food (after finding that the diet sold by Perfect Pocket Pets was making her very sick). She then began to self-mutilate because they told me it was okay to keep a single glider and she was very lonely.

Thank you thank you for being smarter than I was and doing your homework first. Please don't buy from these people, they're terrible.

~Deanna~
Chinchillas: Luke, Yoda, and Pronk
Gliders: Nika, Ranger, and DeeGee

(702)250-5236
Re: Pocket Pets [Re: DeeDancer] #656839
10/15/08 01:01 PM
10/15/08 01:01 PM

A
Alex0128
Unregistered
Alex0128
Unregistered
A

Thanks, both of you, for your honest answers.

The other website that I was getting most of my information from and was considering getting my gliders from was SunCoast Sugar Gliders: www.sugar-gliders.com. Can anyone comment on the reputation of this vendor?

Better yet, what are the best online stores in your opinions? I'd hate to not give these animals 100% perfect proper care.

I'm also assuming then, that the diet plan outlined by Pocket Pets is horrible for your gliders. The protein, odor reducer, and nutrients all rolled into one is likely a bad choice for a diet even if supplemented with fresh fruits.

Thanks again for your responses.

Alex

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #656859
10/15/08 01:22 PM
10/15/08 01:22 PM

S
SAMoll
Unregistered
SAMoll
Unregistered
S

Suncoast gliders is a very good site. Good prices on food, toys, and cages! I recommend the HPW diet as seen here : http://www.gliderdad79.com/hpw.php . You can purchase the wambaroo and bee pollen from almost any sugar glider site. Just look for the best price. I get mine from http://toandfrogliders.com/ . I wouldn't trust ANYTHING Pocket Pets says. And if you are looking to purchase a glider. Check out the ClassifiedCENTRAL > Glider Ads section. Its better to buy from someone with acouple gliders then those ignorant mills like Pocket Pets.

Put it this way. A person only has soooo much love and care to give. Which means the fewer amount of gliders, the more love and care each one gets individually! (Not really, just something I thought up a second ago.... But it sounds good tounge ) Oh, and welcome to GC!!!

Last edited by SAMoll; 10/15/08 01:25 PM.
Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #656875
10/15/08 01:45 PM
10/15/08 01:45 PM

M
Monster
Unregistered
Monster
Unregistered
M

I would recommend you look through our Glider Ads right here on GC. If you find a breeder you like, you can ask about them here in the forums and people who have purchased gliders from them can share their experiences with you thumb

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #656952
10/15/08 03:01 PM
10/15/08 03:01 PM
Ohio
gryphon214 Offline
Glider Explorer
gryphon214  Offline
Glider Explorer

Ohio
It looks like the NASGA was created by the people that own/run (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets to make them appear more credible. I've never heard of it before. There was an International Sugar Glider Association, years so, though it seems their website has not been updated in a while so I am not sure how active they are anymore. That NASGA site looks like it just spouts exactly the same B.S. that the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets website spouts... identical B.S. That is not a coincidence.

sounds like (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets has realized people are getting on-line and checking out sugar glider information before buying from them and then deciding NOT to buy from them. What better way to make people believe what you say is credible than to create another web site, made to look like it has no affiliation with your company and with an important sounding name, to back up your claims?

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #656955
10/15/08 03:03 PM
10/15/08 03:03 PM
Tampa, FL
Xglider Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Xglider  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Tampa, FL
Hi Alex....

I am glad you found us here first before you went with Pocket Pets... There are many people that unfortunately find us after they have already gotten gliders from Pocket Pets, and then they find out everything they have been told is wrong…
I have wondered why/ how Suncoast Gliders is in there, I know they are a large breeder, but they do not practice the same bad methods that Pocket Pets does to my knowledge …
Definitely keep an eye on the classifieds …

* ~ * John * ~ * Sorry store is closed at this time.. <br>
Link -> [b]~~ XtremeGlider ~~ Home of the original Re~set Toys! ~~[/b] <br>
Oct 2012 update.. miss my gliders and my
glider family and think of my friends often!!!
Re: Pocket Pets [Re: Xglider] #656971
10/15/08 03:20 PM
10/15/08 03:20 PM

A
Alex0128
Unregistered
Alex0128
Unregistered
A

It seems as if I should have searched a little bit more on the forums with my pocketpets question. They seem to be well documented here. Nonetheless, thanks for reposting this information for me.

I'll definitely be looking into breeders here in Michigan as well as some good vets. I'm looking to get two males, and then to get them neutered. What's the earliest age a glider can be safely neutered? Ideally, I'd like to have them neutered before I even take them home, however if this is after the bonding period I might want to take advantage of that time and wait to get them neutered.

Also, I've been looking into the HPW diet. Is there not a vitamin/nutrients supplement that goes along with this (or maybe this is included in the wombaroo)? How about a staple food source?

Alex

Last edited by Alex0128; 10/15/08 03:22 PM.
Re: Pocket Pets [Re: Xglider] #656975
10/15/08 03:25 PM
10/15/08 03:25 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Suncoast is a very LARGE breeder. I've never heard any bad stories about any of their gliders though. They are very much against the practices of (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets as well. (based on what has been written on their website and articles)

The best recommendation I can offer has already been given. Check out the gliders available here on GC and ask about the breeders. Most of those breeders here have many very happy people (customers) with healthy happy gliders.

We (as a group) don't mind giving our opinions (good and bad) about the breeders and their joeys/gliders.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: Dancing] #656978
10/15/08 03:28 PM
10/15/08 03:28 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

The Wambaroo High Protien suppliment contains the vitamins and calcium that is needed by that diet. The mix is fed with fruits and vegies. (the mix IS the staple)

Neutering can safely be done once the testicles drop into the sac but generally isn't done until the glider is 4-6 months old. It depends on the vet. Some prefer the glider to be of a certain weight first (since meds are based on weight).

Last edited by Dancing; 10/15/08 03:32 PM.

620-704-9109

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #656980
10/15/08 03:31 PM
10/15/08 03:31 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Originally Posted By: Alex0128
It seems as if I should have searched a little bit more on the forums with my pocketpets question. They seem to be well documented here. Nonetheless, thanks for reposting this information for me.

I'll definitely be looking into breeders here in Michigan as well as some good vets. I'm looking to get two males, and then to get them neutered. What's the earliest age a glider can be safely neutered? Ideally, I'd like to have them neutered before I even take them home, however if this is after the bonding period I might want to take advantage of that time and wait to get them neutered.

Also, I've been looking into the HPW diet. Is there not a vitamin/nutrients supplement that goes along with this (or maybe this is included in the wombaroo)? How about a staple food source?

Alex

The HPW diet consists of the Wombaroo, Honey, Egg, Water, and Bee Pollen. For their staple you can feed them peas, corn (sparingly), green beans, carrots, sweet potatoes, and squash. Just make sure that you keep close watch on the Ca:Ph Ratios. There are no added vitamins/supplements to the HPW diet.

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: LSardou] #656995
10/15/08 03:42 PM
10/15/08 03:42 PM

L
lindayaks
Unregistered
lindayaks
Unregistered
L

The vitamins, I'm told by someone who uses that diet, are in the Wombaroo.

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #657043
10/15/08 04:52 PM
10/15/08 04:52 PM

D
DARON
Unregistered
DARON
Unregistered
D

I had a few gliders 15 years ago until I was in a bad accident leaving me hospitalized for many months forcing my parents to give them away. I t was years later before I even became healthy enough to care for gliders. My parents bought me a glider & setup at a trade show in Indpls as a X-mas present. I was suprised and greatful, but knew right off the cage, heat rock, & food were bogus( I got rid of them all, Folks here helped me pick out a more suitable cage(HQ) & diet(HPW). I was fortunate to get a healthy glider but she was mean and withdrawn, I had to work with her for 5 or 6 hours every day just to be able to hold her without getting bit. She is great now but I know a lot of people would have thrown in the towel leaving another abandoned glider. That comparison site is owned by Pocket Pets! The care instruction cd they give you when you buy a glider from them is word for word as on that site. I can give you a code to get in to their family circle and you can see for yourself. Find a small local breeder, that is what I did just recently and my new baby is super tame a laid back

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #657091
10/15/08 06:01 PM
10/15/08 06:01 PM

R
Rockey
Unregistered
Rockey
Unregistered
R

Hi Alex0128!
Welcome to GC. I see that you are in MI. If you haven't already, check out this thread:
http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...for_sale#UNREAD
Here is another good person to contact:
http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/...aics#Post629866
He may have two boys for you...

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #657109
10/15/08 06:42 PM
10/15/08 06:42 PM

J
JociePSILY
Unregistered
JociePSILY
Unregistered
J

Hey there!

I bought my first 2 suggies from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets at a fair.

Thankfully both my sister and I started reading up more on sugar gliders, and started realizing the huge discrepancies between what they said and what we read in other sites.

I first encountered sugarglider.com and then GC.

I now come here for basically all my info.

I hope (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets gets shutdown.

I just don't understand how people can have no heart when it comes to animals?

And our male sugar glider, seemed quite small when we got him and we always worried. Now it makes sense, he was probably sold to us younger than he should have been and on top of that we weren't feeding him the right diet.

We have adjusted the diet a lot now and just yesterday I started BML.

So it's definitely good to research and hopefully we can get the word out more about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and any other mill breeders!

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #657134
10/15/08 07:53 PM
10/15/08 07:53 PM

T
TKort
Unregistered
TKort
Unregistered
T

Yah I brought up these questions in my "help I'm new" thread too.. honestly I'm pretty disgusted that this goes on. I mean the mill thing is horrific, I don't want to take away from that, but what really freaks me out is how they then proceed to put out WRONG and potentially DAMAGING care information. Then back it up with more LIES. It really sends shivers down my spine.

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #657221
10/15/08 09:55 PM
10/15/08 09:55 PM

G
Gizzy_Baby
Unregistered
Gizzy_Baby
Unregistered
G

Hey guys I am new and I had never heard of Pocket Pets before this forum. I came here looking for help with my rescued gliders and it seems to me that there are an awful lot of complaints about Perfect Pocket Pets. So I decided to look up their website and see for myself the information they were giving out. I believe I can say that my opinion is unbiased based on the fact that I have never had any dealings with Pocket Pets and I am new to this forum.

It would seem to me that Pocket Pets seem to be defending themselves on their website against the very things I have seem members complain about, as well as an entire page aimed at discrediting online forums. This alone makes me think that something is not right with them. In the section about caring for a new glider they offer advise on helping baby gliders with going to the bathroom. That confirms to me that they are indeed taking joey's from their moms too soon.

I personally would stay clear of them. I have attached the link for the web page of Pocket Pets so if anyone wants to read for themselves and that way you can come to your own conclusion.

http://www.[nom_supported_site]/reportFrame.php?reportName=SpecialReport-GettingStarted.php

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #657256
10/15/08 11:07 PM
10/15/08 11:07 PM
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

As far as Suncoast goes...
Like I said in my previous post, I bought my first glider from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. After receiving no helpful responses to my emails to (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets about my glider's awful temperament, I turned to Lisa of Suncoast, as that was the first site I came to when I went to look for help.
Even though she did not sell me my glider, she was MORE than helpful when it came to helping me bond with my little girl, make sure she wasn't sick, and figure out how to ship her when I moved. Her responses were expedient and I was impressed.
I have never seen one of her gliders, but I have never (in my limited experience) heard anything bad about them either. I simply know that Lisa was very helpful to me when I really didn't know where else to go.

~Deanna~
Chinchillas: Luke, Yoda, and Pronk
Gliders: Nika, Ranger, and DeeGee

(702)250-5236
Re: Pocket Pets [Re: DeeDancer] #657313
10/16/08 02:01 AM
10/16/08 02:01 AM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Quote:
Even though she did not sell me my glider, she was MORE than helpful when it came to helping me

I've heard this numerous times about Lisa at Suncoast. To me, that is one of the MAIN things that, even though she is a very large breeder, she IS SOOOO different than the mills like (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets.

620-704-9109

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: Dancing] #657791
10/16/08 11:35 PM
10/16/08 11:35 PM

A
Alex0128
Unregistered
Alex0128
Unregistered
A

Well, I'm definitely not taking the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets route. Good thing I double-checked, huh?

I've actually talked to Lisa at SC, too. She is really helpful.

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #657821
10/17/08 12:58 AM
10/17/08 12:58 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
clap Lisa is great! Good Luck with finding your babies!

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: LSardou] #658322
10/17/08 10:25 PM
10/17/08 10:25 PM

H
hugs3005
Unregistered
hugs3005
Unregistered
H

I just spoke with a lady today, who bought her 1 glider from Pocket Pets, I was telling her how bad they are etc.... and she told me she was not impressed by them, as the baby she got from them, when she got him home, she noticed he was hopping around. Well a back leg was missing. She called, emailed and called over and over again. Her hubby finally told her to put a hold on the payment to them, and that is when they finally contacted her. Well they wound up giving her a free glider because of it. I saw pics today, they look "fairly healthy" but there coats are no where near as healthy and lovely as ones who are on a good diet etc... one is pretty friendly, one is very standoffish. I only hope she takes my advice and reads this site and changes there diet amongst a few other things.

I have talked to 2 people lately about them, and if I had known they were just back here in NJ for another festival, I would have been there. It was last weekend and I did not know frown

Stay far away from those people lol

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #658341
10/17/08 11:08 PM
10/17/08 11:08 PM
Phoenix, AZ
KattyM Offline
Serious Glideritis
KattyM  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Phoenix, AZ
Yes, it's always advisable to stay away from malls, trade shows, fairs, and the like. mill breeders haunt those arenas for large, unsuspecting, unknowledgeable crowds. I fell prey to a different mill breeder when I found Keiko. I simply didn't know better, and thought (since I'd never even heard of one before) I'd never see a glider again unless I acted then and there and bought one. I grilled them for over two hours, and knew something was fishy when, near the end of my questioning, the responses came back prefaced with, "Well, truthfully..." I still thought I could care for a sugar glider, even given a better glimpse of the truth, but I didn't know at the time all of the normal mill breeder practices—pulling joeys too young, inbreeding, overbreeding, general lack of proper diet and proper care—and the consequent ramifications.

Keiko was indeed (and still is) my sweet, lovable, social glider. I lucked out with her as far as personality! heart But she has had a history of illnesses (mostly UTI's, but recently possibly something more serious frown ), and I have made numerous visits to my vet, some after hours ($$$).

Lisa at SunCoast is wonderful! In the beginning, I also asked her for advice, and she immediately responded. Like you, I didn't buy my glider from her, but she truly seems to be (like us smile ) for the good of the glider. If you can't find anyone local that you like and trust, some reputable breeders ship (SunCoast does), and some do not. So make sure you "interview" the breeder, and expect (if they're good) to interview you as well. smile

Good luck, and gigantic kudos for researching first! Please don't hesitate to post whatever questions you might have in the most appropriate forum(s). We're all here to help! smile

Forever owned in my heart by my :grey: "Eight is Enough" colony:

:rbridge:
• 2002: Keiko (F) + 2003: Hiroshi (M) = 2004: joey Tomoki (M)
• 2009: Sammy (F), Charlie (F), Murray (M), Herbie (M)
• 2010: BJ (M)
Re: Pocket Pets [Re: KattyM] #658584
10/18/08 03:50 PM
10/18/08 03:50 PM

D
DeeLikeableDee
Unregistered
DeeLikeableDee
Unregistered
D

Perfect Pocket Pets is at a Home and Garden show by me today and tomorrow. I am in West Palm Beach, Florida. I stopped by the booth and asked they guy about their care. This is what he said..

"Gliders take care of cleaning themselves like a cat. They are nocturnal but you can keep them up in the daytime by handling them so their awake hours change to make them daytime animals. They only cost $24 a year to feed. They eat Glider Chow, fruit, cat food, veggies, and orange juice. You only need to clean their 18x18x36 cage every two weeks. You get the Glider, a years supply of food, and the cage for $389.99. They are just fine with other animals because they are not a rodent so natural instincts to chase a smaller creature do not apply. They can be potty trained and cleaned with baby wipes. Single Gliders make great companions and bonding is much more prominent with one glider and the owner than with 2 gliders and their owner."

He then told me that he had 13 of them himself. I held two of them, one a standard gray female whose tail had patches of hair missing from it. This girl came right to me and was not crabby at all. The other one I held the guy told me was a leu. This Glider was yellow-y colored with dark eyes. His fur was sticky and he/she smelled of urine. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be white or if it was supposed to be a yellow color but I held it close to me and I am sure part of the color ws from urine. Someone else told me that the diet (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets gives them does change their color sometimes. Again, it had no problem climbing on me and did not seem to have a bad disposition at all. It did urinate on me though. There was also a baby that he claimed was 8 weeks old but I knew it wasn't as my Gliders had babies in August so I am familiar with the size. Looking around the area, the Gliders they were trying to sell were in cages the sizes I listed above. There were 2 cages covered with a cloth that they were being held in. One cage (a third) was in the open and you could plainly see rotten apples that the guys kept taking out and trying to get the Gliders to eat off of. There were two signs saying absolutely no photography or video recordings allowed.

I have 4 Gliders. A mom and dad and they had 2 sons on Aug 14, 2008. My Gliders are happy and healthy. The Gliders I saw today from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets were not. They were stinky and their hair was matted. They tried to cover it up by wiping them with wipes but you could tell. These Gliders were in a brightly lit room and were being handled by several people. They tried to hide in the guys pockets but of course he kept pulling them back out for all to see.

Last year after they had come to town a news reporter ran a story on them that was negative. A woman pointed this out to the guy he said that the girlfriend of the reporter had bought a Glider from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and got sick and died because she didn't care for it properly. The girlfriend convinced the boyfriend/reporter to tell the story in an attempt to get (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets to return her money to her. He said the claims were false and the reporter had been fired since the story aired. I cannot confirm whether this story is true or not.

(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is a mill and they care NOTHING about the care of Gliders.

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #658625
10/18/08 07:03 PM
10/18/08 07:03 PM

2birmans
Unregistered
2birmans
Unregistered

Hi, I was a new mom just last week and joined this forum asking questions as 2Birmans...I did get our little girl from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets last weekend at a festival. Just as everyone is saying, they really did not explain much of everything. Thank goodness the little girl is beautiful, thick fur, beautiful clear eyes & thick tail...but a VERY, VERY, unhappy little critter this whole week. The advise given me in the forum was to get a cage mate, which wasn't possible, BUT, just last night I found a Glider family right in the next town who has a 5 mon. Boy and was actually looking for a cage mate! So we spoke on the phone for a long time, and just this morning I took our little girl over and the IMMEDIATE difference was a wonderful thing to see! How right everyone is that they want and I really think NEED a cage mate. She was a different animal in the first second the two cages were placed side by side. She came out of hiding, played in her cage & went over to her food bowl tossing everything around, absolutely playing. The MOM was able to handle her immediately, no problem, and the little suggie didn't every make any noise with her. Instant bond. When I just called tonight, they were already sleeping in a ball together. How's that for being the luckiest little suggie ever....

Connie & her husband Tom; 2 Birmans, Meise & Elisabeth; 2 Hamsters, Pete & Repeat; 2 gold fish, Fred & Ginger.

Thanks for all your help...

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #658981
10/19/08 03:14 PM
10/19/08 03:14 PM
Florida, USA
oakley Offline
Glider Slave
oakley  Offline
Glider Slave

Florida, USA
I thought you guys might find this interesting. I checked out the site Alex first gave us... sugarglidershere

Scroll to the first post of this thread and copy in the first URL, followed by the .org.

I found this quite contradictory to what I have experienced here in GC!

Last edited by KattyM; 10/19/08 04:40 PM. Reason: Replaced copy-and-pasted text with link instructions

Meghan

~__/>
{{ }}

Suggies: Basil, Mausi, Bagheera/Baloo, & the Trio
Dogs : Pretzel/Snickers
Horse: Nugget
RIP: Gato, Pepito, Pepper, and Mowgli gangel

Oakley's Glider Site
Re: Pocket Pets [Re: oakley] #658989
10/19/08 03:42 PM
10/19/08 03:42 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
They want to discredit this site because they know that we are on to them. They are desperetly trying to save their reputation now that they are fairly well known for their abusive and neglectful practices. They sell joeys too young, sick and even injured sometimes. They are just evil people who don't care about anything but money.

I recently wrote to Ellen about sugar glider mill breeders. She is an animal lover, maybe she talk about it on her show. I know someone else here wrote to Opera.

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: SugareeErin] #659719
10/20/08 11:10 PM
10/20/08 11:10 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

OMGoodness!!! I went to the sugarglidershere website... and OMG!!! They say, "We can't and won't recommend breeders/online stores..." (something to that effect), "But we do however recommend this here "Review" list... Okay... The list is comprised of at least HALF (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets sites/affiliates! And of course they have the highest "ratings" out of all of the places listed! ANd those folks have the NERVE to call SugargliderSuz "outdated and unlicensed"!!!! I AM FURIOUS!!!

When they say outdated diets, are htey referring to what we use? BML, HPW, PP... ??? They are seriously saying that just giving them dried chow and no bugs is the best diet for them! And did you know that gliders don't bite??? None of YOU have ever been bitten right??? Only by babies, and gliders you have mistreated right???

tant tant I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW! UGH!! tant tant

And you can just tell that a LOT of that [censored] is aimed at US here on GC! tant

I need a Xanax!

Re: Pocket Pets [Re: ] #659757
10/21/08 12:50 AM
10/21/08 12:50 AM
Phoenix, AZ
KattyM Offline
Serious Glideritis
KattyM  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Phoenix, AZ
Sometimes it's best just not even to go there, especially if you know it will upset you. wink

Forever owned in my heart by my :grey: "Eight is Enough" colony:

:rbridge:
• 2002: Keiko (F) + 2003: Hiroshi (M) = 2004: joey Tomoki (M)
• 2009: Sammy (F), Charlie (F), Murray (M), Herbie (M)
• 2010: BJ (M)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 354 guests, and 81 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,570 TEXAS
679,074 OHIO
487,153 OKLAHOMA
432,157 UTAH
321,675 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024