Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part 3 #705195
01/03/09 09:58 PM
01/03/09 09:58 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
See Part 2 here

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part 3 [Re: LSardou] #705206
01/03/09 10:22 PM
01/03/09 10:22 PM
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Ft. Pierce, FL
Teresa, I do understand that it's successful and I can understand using extreme methods in extreme cases such as Buffy. The remark that caused me to post my opinion could easily lead someone who is not experienced w/gliders to believe that a glider is happy simply because it isn't crabbing or biting. That's not an accurate gauge of happiness. The lack of enrichment items is a huge concern for me. I believe that enrichment items are crucial to a glider's well being. What does the glider have to do w/no, or very limited, enrichment? There seems to be an assumption that the only other bonding method is to keep the glider in a closed pouch. There are other ways to work w/a glider that don't involve that. Each glider has to be treated differently depending on how they behave. I couldn't tell you that I only use one way to bond w/every glider that comes through here because it's always different. My entire goal is to see happy and healthy gliders.

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part 3 [Re: thefotokat] #705226
01/03/09 10:50 PM

J
JenShigles
Unregistered
JenShigles
Unregistered
J

Glidrz - what an awesome result!!!

That's what it's all about. smile

I gave the girls some more yogurt off of my finger, they are really loving this. Emma came to the door and was checking me out again. It's wonderful to see her more comfortable with her surroundings. laugh

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part 3 [Re: thefotokat] #705227
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Quote:
The lack of enrichment items is a huge concern for me.

Kate, this is where you are not reading with an open mind. There is no lack of enrichment items (toys, wheels, foraging toys etc) in the cage. The only limitations are to the types of toys, such as tunnels (which my gliders don't go in anyway) where they can hide.

Each glider that I've used the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets with still has wheels and toys just like all my other gliders. The only difference is the pouch. And I also provide a blanket for MOST of them to burrow under IN their (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. The blanket is less restrictive to them than a regular cage pouch and it is easier for them to peek out to see what is around them. Each glider is an individual and that determines if they get a blanket and how large of a blanket.

For me, once the glider is comfortable in the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and are no longer afraid of all the noises and movements around them, I transition them to a regular pouch by way of one of Connie's tents. The tents have a large hole in them that the glider can easily see out of. Once they are comfortable in that, then they are given a regular pouch and still get to keep the tent and (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets if they choose.

I would NEVER do anything to harm a glider and anyone that thinks I would well, they are just wrong. This method of working with gliders does NOT harm them. It does not terrorize them. It does not break their spirit. It definately does not cause Stockholm Syndrome. You STILL work with the glider at the glider's pace. The difference is, they are not forced to be in a closed in pouch where THEY have no control as to whether or not they escape or stay.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part 3 [Re: Dancing] #705229
01/03/09 10:53 PM
01/03/09 10:53 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Oh, and Kate, if you really think they don't have enrichment toys and stuff, go to the cage contest photos and look at Chris's Happy and Gary's cage. It is a huge reptarium FILLED with toys.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part 3 [Re: Dancing] #705233
01/03/09 10:57 PM
01/03/09 10:57 PM
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

ok, I can't find all those awesome cage pics that were submitted. Hopefully Chris will post it for you.

620-704-9109

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part 3 [Re: Dancing] #705236
01/03/09 11:02 PM
01/03/09 11:02 PM

J
JenShigles
Unregistered
JenShigles
Unregistered
J

I actually ADDED some toys to my cage! I took out the wheel (only because it's a wodent wheel and they'll hide in it) - So I added a fleece chain that they have been playing on and checking out.

Originally Posted By: Dancing
I would NEVER do anything to harm a glider and anyone that thinks I would well, they are just wrong. This method of working with gliders does NOT harm them. It does not terrorize them. It does not break their spirit. It definately does not cause Stockholm Syndrome. You STILL work with the glider at the glider's pace. The difference is, they are not forced to be in a closed in pouch where THEY have no control as to whether or not they escape or stay.

Amen!

Everything has been at my girls' pace. EVERYTHING. They have a nice place to sleep, lots of enriching activities and are getting more attention and lickie treats and interaction outside the cage that they did a week ago. Because a week ago (or rather 3 days ago) I couldn't trust them out of the cage nor could I reach in and work with them.

From the get-go, Bourbon and I have been under the understanding that at any point I can tell her to "get lost" and do what I feel is best for the gliders. I'm following her advice of my GLIDER'S free will and choice because THEY are showing me that they are happier and calmer.

But you must remember that this is only a process... just like pull-ups for kids to help them during potty training. The (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is to help gliders in their transition between being frightened gliders that have no idea what's going on around them and why these SCARY HUMANS want to mess with them to realizing that they these humans are pretty cool and I'm safe here, in fact, "I'M HAPPY HERE!!!". So when they graduate from pull-ups to the potty - we will slowly put everything back in the cage and keep the happy, trusting gliders as the result.

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part 3 [Re: Dancing] #705254
01/03/09 11:19 PM
01/03/09 11:19 PM
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Ft. Pierce, FL
Originally Posted By: Dancing
Quote:
The lack of enrichment items is a huge concern for me.

Kate, this is where you are not reading with an open mind. There is no lack of enrichment items (toys, wheels, foraging toys etc) in the cage. The only limitations are to the types of toys, such as tunnels (which my gliders don't go in anyway) where they can hide.

Each glider that I've used the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets with still has wheels and toys just like all my other gliders. The only difference is the pouch. And I also provide a blanket for MOST of them to burrow under IN their (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. The blanket is less restrictive to them than a regular cage pouch and it is easier for them to peek out to see what is around them. Each glider is an individual and that determines if they get a blanket and how large of a blanket.

For me, once the glider is comfortable in the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and are no longer afraid of all the noises and movements around them, I transition them to a regular pouch by way of one of Connie's tents. The tents have a large hole in them that the glider can easily see out of. Once they are comfortable in that, then they are given a regular pouch and still get to keep the tent and (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets if they choose.

Some have posted about how horrible they felt taking out all the gliders' stuff...that's where I'm reading lack of enrichment from. How you describe what you've done is not what I'm talking about. Also, keeping the gliders in a "closed pouch" is not the only other bonding option. Depending on the glider, there are numerous other sleeping options.

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part 3 [Re: thefotokat] #705264
01/03/09 11:28 PM
01/03/09 11:28 PM

J
JenShigles
Unregistered
JenShigles
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted By: thefotokat
Also, keeping the gliders in a "closed pouch" is not the only other bonding option. Depending on the glider, there are numerous other sleeping options.

Very true. Depending on the needs of the glider, it will change the needs of the sleeping options and what is used. I choose to use the pouch protective pouch because for my gliders it works great.

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: ] #705277
01/03/09 11:55 PM
01/03/09 11:55 PM
Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Jennifer, congrats on all your progress! clap Keep up the good work!

~Deanna~
Chinchillas: Luke, Yoda, and Pronk
Gliders: Nika, Ranger, and DeeGee

(702)250-5236
Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: DeeDancer] #705307
01/04/09 12:26 AM
01/04/09 12:26 AM

J
JenShigles
Unregistered
JenShigles
Unregistered
J

Thanks Dee! laugh

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: ] #705338
01/04/09 01:59 AM
01/04/09 01:59 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
I'm not sure if it's been said or discussed- but I'm wondering if we have an agreeance on what a pouch protective glider is?

A pouch protective glider is not a glider who crabs at you just when being looked at in their pouch- it's not a glider who hasn't bonded with you yet- it's not a glider who is just scared from being transferred around.

A pouch protective glider is a glider who doesn't feel safe any where except in it's pouch. It's a glider who can't handle the touch, attention or interaction of human contact.

I think too many are mistaking or calling their gliders pouch protective, when actually their just being a glider who you haven't gotten to know yet. They just need more time- not all of them are ready to be tossed down someone's bra or cupped in someone's hands.

I have bonded gliders, I have bra baby gliders and each of them at some point will crab at me when I disturb them, each of them will bite to tell me something.

Yes there can be toys of enrichment in the cage with the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets- but it has to be of something that they cannot get in or hide in or under- so that includes the wheel- they can hide in a wodent or behind or under a stealth. A true pouch protective glider is so freaked out, they do NOT stop bouncing off the cage bars long enough to even take interest in the enrichment toys!!

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: jacknsally] #705350
01/04/09 02:22 AM
01/04/09 02:22 AM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Can we PLEASE hear from some of the people that are still trying to make contact with their gliders and get this back on track... PLEASE????? I am getting PM's from folks saying they want leave the thread bc of all the negativity. Please let them try...

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: ] #705351
01/04/09 02:24 AM
01/04/09 02:24 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Originally Posted By: BelladonnasMom
Can we PLEASE hear from some of the people that are still trying to make contact with their gliders and get this back on track... PLEASE????? I am getting PM's from folks saying they want leave the thread bc of all the negativity. Please let them try...

why not take it to pm then- since each case is handled differently and personally designed for them depending on the gliders issues or the gliders owner issues??

Ñancy

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: jacknsally] #705360
01/04/09 02:46 AM
01/04/09 02:46 AM
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Why should we have to celebrate our successes via PM? I don't understand why we shouldn't post about it.

~Deanna~

(702)250-5236
Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: DeeDancer] #705362
01/04/09 02:53 AM
01/04/09 02:53 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
We would like for this Thread to continue on as it originally started. There is NO reason to take your success stories off the board. This is a great opportunity for everyone to share their stories.

Originally Posted By: Rule#4
GliderCENTRAL is a family oriented "G" rated board, be polite,courteous and respectful to other board members at all times. This means Illegal substances, Illegal activities, flaming, sexually explicit subjects, cursing, spamming, harassing, diet bashing, and abusive or negative personal posts are not allowed. Posts and sometimes entire topics that contain such content will be removed, and the poster(s) may be warned, suspended or banned at the discretion of the board administrators.

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: LSardou] #705364
01/04/09 03:02 AM
01/04/09 03:02 AM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Thank you Linda, even though I know we are ALL at fault, I am bowing my head in shame... I tell others to walk away and let it roll off their backs... yet I didn't do it. For that I apologize, truly.

Now for MY little update. Okay, not really an update but kind of a warning about what your inner turmoil can do to your glider. We have a member that is going through a tough time right now, and I was warning her today, via Bourbon, that handling her glider while so upset could confuse and upset her glider... then I did it myself! LOL

I had Bella out taking her nap wrapped in her blankie, she was all snuggly and making bubble noises and being sweet in the crook of my arm, sooo sweet! Well, my partner and I are in the middle of a tiff, and I am giving out the old cold shoulder. I know, not mature, but whatever. So, when she spoke to me while I had Bella in my arms, I apparently got upset and stiffened up. My sweet tolerant little Bella, who has only ever crabbed twice in the entire time I have had her went OFF! I thought she was going to rip my head off. So I just opened up the blankie, spoke softly to her, petted her head, calmed myself down and she snuggled right back down in no time. I didn't realize just how easily they picked up on our emotions. Amazing little creatures!

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: DeeDancer] #705366
01/04/09 03:03 AM
01/04/09 03:03 AM

T
Tsettimi
Unregistered
Tsettimi
Unregistered
T

If you people do not like Bourbons method then make your own thread about it. Do not debate it in this thread. I need this thread to post about my success and my fall backs. I need these guys help. Yes I know I have not posted on here in awhile but that is because I had to start working 2 jobs to make my bills and have not been able to make the commitment that I was before. Soon I will be dropping down to one job and I WILL be getting back in contact with her again to continue and make up for any lost time.

Please make another thread and take any issues you may have in there. We really need this thread and can not afford to lose it.

To Bourbon (if you are still reading this) and to all the other people that have helped me through my issues and given me support- I thank you all and I will begin working with my gliders again soon. Bella is still Bella and running and playing with me. Still trying to get her to learn to stay on me though. All she wants to do is run all over the floor and bed. Houdini is still lunging. He lunges at everything: metal tweezers, metal spoons, straws, anything I try to give him anything with. He got out one night and I had to get him into a pouch to go back in his cage. He did not want to come near me at all. Jackie and Joey are still scared. Jackie loves treats and no crabbing or lunging but will come no where near me. Joey does nothing but crab. No matter where he is. In my shirt he crabs if I look at him, Cage if I even go near the cage he crabs and lunges at the cage near me. I try to bond with him as possible and he is still crabbing and lunging.

Sorry this is such a long post but I had to do a update and plead with the people to take their opinions to another thread.

BOURBON you are great and we all love you and what you are doing to help us. You are a great person and friend. THANK YOU so much.

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: ] #705373
01/04/09 03:32 AM
01/04/09 03:32 AM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Thanks for the update Tara... I hope things get better for you. On the homefront and the glider-front. LOL Keep working... you never know.

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: ] #705380
01/04/09 04:11 AM
01/04/09 04:11 AM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
It is true that each case is different and that each glider need to be evaluated on an individual level. I feel that is an important point.

I think it is great everyone is sharing stories about our very different gliders smile Everyone can learn something from reading this thread, but must remember not everything will apply to them and their glider.

Anyway, I haven't posted about Shadows progress in a while, we are doing great! He is a little sweety. I made videos of our tent time in the beginning and was unable to share it then, so here it is smile

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk27/Sugareey21/?action=view&current=ec912cbe.pbr

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: SugareeErin] #705389
01/04/09 04:35 AM
01/04/09 04:35 AM
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Ooh, thanks for the video Erin. Shadow looks like he was doing great even then!

~Deanna~

(702)250-5236
Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: DeeDancer] #705392
01/04/09 04:57 AM
01/04/09 04:57 AM

J
JenShigles
Unregistered
JenShigles
Unregistered
J

Not sure if this is considered a setback or not.... but not 2 minutes after posting my previous, I gave the girls yogurt in straws and left them in the pouch (per Bourbon) and said hello to Pae. She nipped me. frown At that point Emma was awake and checking out the straws, oh yum yum! Well I stood up and said hello to Emma and she crabbed at me.

So I don't know if I simply learned that Emma is protective of her food or if I scared the living daylights out of her -- or both! frown I feel bad.

I fed them and am leaving them alone now, but we're not usually up this late... so I think they are ready for us to leave the room and let them run around.

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: DeeDancer] #705421
01/04/09 10:04 AM
01/04/09 10:04 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Originally Posted By: DeeDancer
Why should we have to celebrate our successes via PM? I don't understand why we shouldn't post about it.

I wasn't meaning your success stories, I didn't realize this was about updates. Sorry, I was thinking this post was about questions and how to use the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. I came in late and thought it was just opinions & a debate type of post.

Ñancy

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: ] #705427
01/04/09 10:20 AM
01/04/09 10:20 AM
Quincy, IL
glidrz5 Offline
Serious Glideritis
glidrz5  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Quincy, IL
Teresa asked for me to post a picture of Happy and Gary's cage to show what they have in it. So here you go..... http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/Glidrz5/P1010136.jpg
The only thing different in the cage from when this picture was taken is they are now in a (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets pouch (homemade not purchased) rather than the snugglebunny and I removed the little UFO hanging tent (bottom leval in the back....kinda hard to see) Other than that their cage is exactly the same.
The reason I went with this kind of a pouch for these two is that they get upset with sounds that they do not understand. I was talking with Bourbon when we were planning Teresa's surprise laugh and I told her about these two. She suggested I try the pouch because it would let them see what was going on around them and make them less afraid/startled of noises they couldn't instantly identify. I admit I was nervous about trying it because it does get chilly in my basement apartment and I didn't want them to get cold. But then I found a double thick fleece that I used to make the pouches out of so they would stay warm even without a standard pouch around them. I also gave them a few little blankets they could tuck around them to stay warm with and still be able to peek out.
They took to the pouch right away and enjoy cuddling in it. There is less fussing over unexpected noises and they are less tense when I give them their treat in the morning and when I give them their dinner at night.

Chris
Illusion, Malcom, Isabell, Annabelle, Zach, Isis, Aly & Indy
AND Miss Emmy & Miss Chloe kitties

:rbridge: My Angels: You are always in my heart.

You've flown to the rainbow
and wait there for me
Someday I will join you
together to be

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: glidrz5] #705438
01/04/09 10:43 AM
01/04/09 10:43 AM
Ft. Pierce, FL
thefotokat Offline
Glider Slave
thefotokat  Offline
Glider Slave

Ft. Pierce, FL
Chris, I just looked at your pic and it's not the type of set up that was described by some people using this method on crabby gliders. I see at least 2 places a glider could hide in that cage. From what is being posted, all such items are removed. Your set up/situation is not what many are describing.

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: thefotokat] #705453
01/04/09 12:06 PM
01/04/09 12:06 PM
Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
B
Bourbon Offline
Serious Glideritis
Bourbon  Offline
Serious Glideritis
B

Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
I first want to apologized to all that I am working with, someone reminded me last night I have a ignore button, and I am now using it. My focus will be right here, working with you all, and I will ignore the distractions.

Erin, That video is awesome, I see that shadow comes to you and glides from you, shadow looks so great playing with you.. now for my infamous question, how does that make you feel? You had a rocky start, but from that point you moved with your glider, you started to become one with shadows progress, you never pushed him, you never forced him, LOL, with your consistency, love and patience with , he lead you, and you followed, you have allowed him to be himself, with all his little quirks, and loved him inspite of them. refresh me, as to his pouch now, have you closed it up yet or transitioned him into a regular pouch yet?

Chris I am so pleased that Happy and Gary is doing so great,

Dee, all I can say is you are doing great!!!!you have moved many mountains, went through many obstacles, but as Erin, you have followed Rangers Lead and let him show you what he needed, and you were there for him, the progress you have made with him, is awesome,

Robin, I am thrilled to death, that you have a great relationship with Donna now, it may not be what other people may wish for their glider, but when we spoke, your minimum goal was.. that she was no longer afraid, you wanted to be able to feed her without being attacked, and through this, you have that plus much more. You have showed her the continued love you have for her throughout it all. She trusts you now for the most part, each glider is different bella is your cuddler, Donna, makes a great playtime glider, the trust building is the foundation, you have to have some kind of trust before you can begin bonding, the bonding is something that will continue to grow over time, with that the trust will also grow, but I love the fact you have started the bonding process with Donna.

We all (in this group) know that our emotions are transfered to the gliders, but sometimes we have a tendency to forget at times especially when they are doing so great, we find many times that we take them for granted, we have to continue to put ourselves into their place, When Baybe was with me, just the thought that she was there, loving me and cuddling, was enough to calm me down in many situations.

Tara, everything is fine, don't look at these as being setbacks, remember what I said, we are not taking away their previous behaviors, we are only giving them more options, and rewarding the positive behaviors. keep in mind, that night time is their time, and that as we continue, (reason for your journal) we are able to fine tune the individual issues they have. there is a lot of gliders out there that is food protective, try it again, tonight, see if it is the food or if you did startle her, try to pinpoint exactly what it is you had done, and if it is the food, well my suggestion for now would be respect that.. if it is that she was startled, try to be sure she knows you are coming first, remember the talking, telling them everything is going to be okay.

Jen, you are doing great I will call you today, and see what we can do about your little problem, but all in all you are doing great..

Holly, I understand right now things are hectic and pretty up in the air, tensions are high, so what I would like for you to do, is just use your focus when you are in front of the cage, to reassure the gliders (and yourself, that everything is going to be okay, nothing more, nothing less. a simple phrase as you stop by the cage, say it, and then walk away. everything will be okay.. and that is from us to you..

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: Bourbon] #705506
01/04/09 01:48 PM
01/04/09 01:48 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
Hey Bourbon! Of course it feels awesome to have him gliding to me and from me, tent time is a blast with this group! I love my little baby soooo much. I can't remember the last time I heard him crab, even when we use the bonding pouch he is great. I will have to make a better video sometime, that one is super dark but I wanted to post it anywway to show how Shadow was actually coming to me vs. running away from me. I think it was only a week or so after starting with you Bourbon I made the video. The video is his first tent time post PP pouch smile

Edit: Oh yeah and at the end it's hard to see but Sunshine AND Shadow were both jumping on me at the same time!

They are currently sleeping in a swing hammock from Karin, the pouch was all the way closed and next they will be movin into their Elfin Pouch I hope.

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: SugareeErin] #705513
01/04/09 01:59 PM
01/04/09 01:59 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Wooo Hoo!!!!! I love reading all of your stories!

Glidrz5... that rept is amazing!!! You sure won't have bored gliders. They have so much to do!

Erin... thanks for the video, very cool!

Jen... give it time. I got soooo frustrated... a LOT thinking we were going backwards. But it all worked out in the end. Gliders live in a different time set than we do, and sometimes thay are S L O W! LOL

Bourbon.... we luvs ya girl! Thanks a heap! Now... "How does that make YOU feel?" ROFL

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: ] #705514
01/04/09 02:02 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
roflmao

Re: Bonding with a Pouch Protective Glider - Part [Re: Bourbon] #705515
Perry, Iowa
josefine Offline
Glider Addict
josefine  Offline
Glider Addict

Perry, Iowa
SOMEONE, PLEASE/PLEASE/PLEASE--print off pages of everything in this topic, so i can learn & be taught how to help w/bonding w/our babies.cosmos is a VERY scared glider, & he crabs insessently whenever i have him, lunges ALL the time w/me, & really bites me HARD whenever in the cage.
during tent time, he isn't that aggresive, & he will come to me willingly, BUT he ONLY does this during tent time!!!
i WIL pay $20.00 for this 'book', before shipping cost.
i made a copy of the other thread, started by kate, & it didn't come out well. i had to add missing words on the rite side of the page that was printed.
what I have learned from this thread is as valuable as the book out there from carolyn, or peggy, or anyone giving their opinion & advice on gliders.
we are learning step by step procedures that NO ONE has written a book on.
josefine vodenik
2014 4th st
perry,iowa 50220
515/465-4557home#
515/321-6081cell#
j.vodenik@hotmail.com
or
vodeniks@hotmail.com
ps. if $20 for these articles are not enough, i will GLADLY PAY MORE!!!!!

Larry & Josefine Vodenik
2014 4 St
Perry,Iowa50220
515/321-6081cell#
j.vodenik@hotmail.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024