Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Ladymagyver. 03/28/24 09:57 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ] #707224
01/06/09 10:20 AM
01/06/09 10:20 AM
Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
DeeDancer Offline
Glider Guardian
DeeDancer  Offline
Glider Guardian

Las Vegas, NV/Columbus, OH
Originally Posted By: peem
Anyone that bought a joey from them can get in, we were all given passwords

I could get in for about six months, then I was denied access. When I emailed them about it, they ignored me. So watch for that.

~Deanna~
Chinchillas: Luke, Yoda, and Pronk
Gliders: Nika, Ranger, and DeeGee

(702)250-5236
Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: DeeDancer] #707237
01/06/09 10:37 AM
01/06/09 10:37 AM

L
Lizz
Unregistered
Lizz
Unregistered
L

Hmm Daive you have a point....I'll keep it hush hush from now on laugh

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: BindiAndScrubbie] #707254
01/06/09 11:03 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline OP
Glider Addict
LabNGliderMom  Offline OP
Glider Addict

Florida
Yeah, I think you are right... they DO keep tabs, why else would they have a section about "how these forums and message boards are bad and full of internet addicts who neglect their gliders and give false info"... I mean, come on!

Anyway, I can still get in as of now... but if they have anyone watching this forum, I am sure I won;t be able to for long. So if anyone wants specific info, PM me and I will see what I can access for as long as I can. Anything to help teh fuzzbutts in danger from these people!

Julie
Hubby: George
Kids: Ayla & Michael
Grandsons: Trysten, Dayton, KJ & Nathyn
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

http://hammockhavenpetsplus.com

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ] #707255
Long Island, NY
Gossamer Offline
Glider Slave
Gossamer  Offline
Glider Slave

Long Island, NY
Has anyone ever emailed PETA regarding this - or is that opening a can of worms. They are a crazy group and can infiltrate anything.

Jeannine

3 Cats (Spike, Kismet, Honeycat)
1 understanding Husband
1 WFB Neutered Glider boy - Grissom! (oop 8/7/06) :wfb:
1 BB Glider girl- Willows! (oop 1/7/07) :bb:
Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: Gossamer] #707256
01/06/09 11:05 AM
01/06/09 11:05 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline OP
Glider Addict
Glider Addict

Florida
PETA does not advocate owning gliders.. but yes, they have been notified.

Julie
The Zoo: Midnight, Severe & Nala - Claude, Pixie, Tippy & Chili - Scout & Soluna, Theo & Deegie

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: LabNGliderMom] #707258
01/06/09 11:09 AM
01/06/09 11:09 AM

L
Lizz
Unregistered
Lizz
Unregistered
L

I don't advocate PETA in any way shape or form. Ever since I witnessED them euthanizing dogs with heart worms just because the treatment was "too expensive"...I've been colunteering for an animal welfare organization MUCH smaller than PETA and we successfuly treat heartworms every day...anywho, I doubt PETA will even care.

(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets will only be stopped if we can convince someone, namely the USDA, to seriously investigate them. I just don't understand why that's turning out to be so hard!!

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ] #707260
01/06/09 11:12 AM
01/06/09 11:12 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline OP
Glider Addict
Glider Addict

Florida
Because the USDA can't be in all places at all times... these people have mills EVERYWHERE, and if the USDA can't hit them ALL simultaneously... how will they ever know the problem? Does the USDA even do spot inspections, or are they making appointments, giving the mills time to clean up for an inspection? And perhaps the USDA is using guidleines that aren't really appropriate for gliders and assumes these packed cages are okay or something. Who knows??

Julie

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: konotashi] #707264
01/06/09 11:15 AM
01/06/09 11:15 AM
Northern VA.
GliderGuyVA Offline
Glider Lover
GliderGuyVA  Offline
Glider Lover

Northern VA.
Originally Posted By: konotashi
Also, how do you steal a video from Youtube? (Rhetorical question.) Because I KNOW that PPP doesn't go to Japan! (Momonga is a popular suggie on Youtube-he's the first video under the "...and here are some MORE fun home-video clips!" in the "Got Questions?" page. It's close to the top....

When you watch the video over to the right is the embeded code, just copy and paste, it's that easy. They probably have permission to use the video but that never stops anyone from using your vids. The owner can send a complaint to the Utube staff but it takes a while before they respond. Many of my vids are being used without my permission but they are in a reputable site so I don't worry about it.

Slave to:
My Wife
Four - Dogs
Two - Cat's
Four - Ferrets
Eight plus - Gliders
Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: GliderGuyVA] #707265
01/06/09 11:16 AM
01/06/09 11:16 AM
Northern VA.
GliderGuyVA Offline
Glider Lover
GliderGuyVA  Offline
Glider Lover

Northern VA.
I would never get PETA involved! They will eventually come after you, the Glider owners, as well.

Slave to:
My Wife
Four - Dogs
Two - Cat's
Four - Ferrets
Eight plus - Gliders
Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ] #707276
01/06/09 11:35 AM
01/06/09 11:35 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Originally Posted By: Lizz
PPP will only be stopped if we can convince someone, namely the USDA, to seriously investigate them. I just don't understand why that's turning out to be so hard!!

(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets has duplicate "home" sites. They have the one with the large, clean cages and the tame, well-fed gliders. That's the one the USDA inspects and passes.

Then they have the "warehouse." It is reported to be a trailer, or series of trailers, stacked full of 1'x1'x1' cages. With no windows. This is where the babies are bred, and pulled from their mothers at 4 weeks.

There are many many other practices of (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets and the other mill breeders. Pocket knife neuters done on site, for example. Releasing gliders into the "wild" when they are sick or otherwise no longer useful. These are the tip of the iceberg here, guys.

There are MANY threads on here about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets. Find the ones where the mill breeder representatives post their replies. Those are ... amusing?

And, GliderGuy is right. PETA is NOT a good organization for us to alert. They (violently) oppose animals being kept as pets, especially exotics. It is a matter of time before they would turn on us, the glider owners. If we invite them in, they'll have all they would need on us to use their terror tactics on our pets.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ValkyrieMome] #707279
01/06/09 11:39 AM
01/06/09 11:39 AM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

If you have obtained a glider from Perfect Pocket Pets or any of the other mill breeders....

PLEASE contact The mill breeder Project.

*this* is how we will stop them! A complied and complete detail of all their tactics, complete with dates, times and *medical records*!

It is imperative that gliders purchased from the mills be taken to a vet RIGHT AWAY so we can have documentation of the abuses, the too young gliders, the giardia, the parasites, etc.

http://millbreederproject.suggies.net/

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: BindiAndScrubbie] #707284
01/06/09 11:42 AM
01/06/09 11:42 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline OP
Glider Addict
Glider Addict

Florida
And BTW, my male is NOT neutered. That is something new they started about 3 months after I got him. I emailed them about it and they said they had changed their practices to keep "laypeople" from "over breeding"

Julie

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: LabNGliderMom] #707289
01/06/09 11:45 AM
01/06/09 11:45 AM

L
Lizz
Unregistered
Lizz
Unregistered
L

HA, they're keeping people from OVER BREEDING? Holy cow...

I wish we could get someone on the inside, who can get into the warehouse and take pictures...you know, super crazy psycho PETA style...minus the PETA part...

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ] #707294
01/06/09 11:49 AM
01/06/09 11:49 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline OP
Glider Addict
Glider Addict

Florida
That would help... the main problem is that they are so spread out... I knwo they say it is just the came three guys going all over the country with a few helpers to do this, but threre is NO WAY they can be this many places all at once!

Julie

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: LabNGliderMom] #707299
01/06/09 11:54 AM
01/06/09 11:54 AM

L
Lizz
Unregistered
Lizz
Unregistered
L

I think we should all make giant posters, or rent bulletine boards in our local cities that say "DON'T BUY FROM Pocket Pets" or something like that...you know, freedom of speech and what not

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ] #707302
01/06/09 11:56 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline OP
Glider Addict
Glider Addict

Florida
sounds like a plan to me! I'm in! Where do I sign up???

Julie

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ValkyrieMome] #707303
Northern VA.
GliderGuyVA Offline
Glider Lover
GliderGuyVA  Offline
Glider Lover

Northern VA.
Originally Posted By: ValkyrieMome
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

If you have obtained a glider from Perfect Pocket Pets or any of the other mill breeders....

PLEASE contact The mill breeder Project.

*this* is how we will stop them! A complied and complete detail of all their tactics, complete with dates, times and *medical records*!

It is imperative that gliders purchased from the mills be taken to a vet RIGHT AWAY so we can have documentation of the abuses, the too young gliders, the giardia, the parasites, etc.

http://millbreederproject.suggies.net/

Great idea!

Slave to:
My Wife
Four - Dogs
Two - Cat's
Four - Ferrets
Eight plus - Gliders
Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: GliderGuyVA] #707310
01/06/09 12:06 PM

L
Lizz
Unregistered
Lizz
Unregistered
L

I know here you can rent these boards and they put whatever text on them you want...I might advertise Glider central..who knows! LOL..i mean, when i stop being so broke and all...

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: LabNGliderMom] #707311
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Originally Posted By: LabNGliderMom
seeing the info here and on Glider University's site

Glider University is mostly full of garbage. It is a *very* biased site. It seems it's only reason for being is because of a personal vendetta that the people who started it had for other members of the glider community. They take every opportunity they can to bash and put down those people. Please be cautious reading there.
Originally Posted By: LabNGliderMom
In any case, I became VERY attached to Scout, and I eventually got him a playmate. Gracie came from a rescue organization I expected to see joeys by now, honestly, but even though Scout is awfully interested, if there have been any, I have not seen them and they have not survived. ... I am still hopeful, though… maybe someday.

Your gliders are both rescues. There are many many reasons why rescued gliders should NEVER be bred. Please have Scout neutered ASAP so that he and Gracie won't have to have the burdens of breeding/joeys. Breeding rescues at all - even for your own personal pets - is VERY discouraged.

If I haven't said it already - welcome to GC, and thanks for bringing your story! Please make sure you tell it at The mill breeder site, also!

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: GliderGuyVA] #707315
01/06/09 12:12 PM
01/06/09 12:12 PM

L
Lara
Unregistered
Lara
Unregistered
L

So even though their corporate office is in Florida, would their "warehouse" be in the corporate office???

I dont understand why the USDA does not investigate all their locations... I am sure they are aware that the large super clean cage with well fed gliders is not their only cage, right???

I mean if everyone here knows what they are doing and how they are doing it shouldnt the USDA???

I personally think if anyone is to be classified as a breeder they should do several investigations to make sure they approve all cages possible...

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ] #707336
01/06/09 01:04 PM
01/06/09 01:04 PM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline OP
Glider Addict
Glider Addict

Florida
I have told it at the mill breeder Site and I have registered at SESG

Julie

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: LabNGliderMom] #707361
01/06/09 01:44 PM
01/06/09 01:44 PM
Mims, Florida, USA
hushpuppy Offline
Glider Slave
hushpuppy  Offline
Glider Slave

Mims, Florida, USA
There is some misinformation here so I hope this helps.

Liz wrote:
Quote:
PPP will only be stopped if we can convince someone, namely the USDA, to seriously investigate them. I just don't understand why that's turning out to be so hard!!

Liz, USDA can only do what the law allows them to do. (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is smart enough to not break the laws. USDA is supposed to make yearly unanounced inspections, but if an inspection is low priority, they can postpone or skip when they are behind.

Alden wrote:

Quote:
Alden:
(PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets has duplicate "home" sites. They have the one with the large, clean cages and the tame, well-fed gliders. That's the one the USDA inspects and passes.

Then they have the "warehouse." It is reported to be a trailer, or series of trailers, stacked full of 1'x1'x1' cages. With no windows. This is where the babies are bred, and pulled from their mothers at 4 weeks.

Alden, where did you hear that? As far as I know (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets are not breeders at all. They are registered with USDA as a dealer, not a breeder. That basically means that they sell gliders that other people breed.

When they have a show scheduled, they place an order with a broker for X number of gliders. The broker searches the mills for enough gliders to fill (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets's order. Since most mills don't give a darn about the health or the age of the gliders, that is why sometimes you get healthy ones and some times you don't. It just depends on which mills the broker uses, and which glider gets grabbed when the breeders stick their hand in the cage.

Liz wrote:
Quote:
I wish we could get someone on the inside, who can get into the warehouse and take pictures...you know, super crazy psycho PETA style...minus the PETA part...

Again, there is no (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets breeding warehouse. These gliders are shipped directly (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets at the show.

Anita Rae
StealthWheels, MagnumWheels and more at Atticworx

Play with us on Facebook

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: hushpuppy] #707372
01/06/09 02:09 PM
01/06/09 02:09 PM

J
JamesB1978
Unregistered
JamesB1978
Unregistered
J

ok so maybe this. My ex works for the CDC I wonder if he could light a fire under anyone at the USDA. I'll give him a call this evening after he is off work. He owes me one anyway.

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ] #707381
01/06/09 02:20 PM
01/06/09 02:20 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
That's news to me, Anita.

Was it a different breeder here that had the warehouse? Perhaps I'm just getting my Mills confused? This is the first time anyone has ever come here and said that (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets is not a breeder, that I'm aware of.

Alden

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ValkyrieMome] #707402
01/06/09 02:47 PM
01/06/09 02:47 PM

C
caliejean86
Unregistered
caliejean86
Unregistered
C

I purchased my Harley from a guy who had purchased him from (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets so I am able to get onto their website as well. Let me know if you need me to do anything. Or you need access to the forum.

Tammy C

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: ] #707641
01/06/09 07:46 PM
01/06/09 07:46 PM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline OP
Glider Addict
Glider Addict

Florida
If anyone knows of a way it would help get rid of people like those at (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets, please PM me and I will email you the scans of the paperwork I got from them when I got Scout. You won't BELIEVE their "warranty"!!

Julie

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: LabNGliderMom] #707941
01/07/09 02:04 AM
01/07/09 02:04 AM
Mims, Florida, USA
hushpuppy Offline
Glider Slave
hushpuppy  Offline
Glider Slave

Mims, Florida, USA
Alden, I've heard that one of the Texas breeders keep the gliders in tiny cages.

Kathy Klunder lives in a 2.5 million dollar house. And GRE is Kathy's company, not Virgils. Now does this sound like the type of person who would soil her hands with the details of breeding gliders when they can be easily and cheaply obtained from the mega breeders out west? Besides a company or person who breeds and sells directly to the public, like Mike McGrath, needs a breeders lisence, not a dealers lisence.

Julie, I would likd a copy of the scans. And if any of you have any details about (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets's new neuter program, I would like that also.

Email to:
smallpawsas@yahoo.com

Anita Rae
StealthWheels, MagnumWheels and more at Atticworx

Play with us on Facebook

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: hushpuppy] #707968
01/07/09 03:01 AM
01/07/09 03:01 AM
Florida
LabNGliderMom Offline OP
Glider Addict
Glider Addict

Florida
I will be sending you the email shortly Anita, I have been checking out atticworx and am planning to get stealth wheels ordered in about 3 weeks or so... sorry it took me so long to respond.

Julie

Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: BindiAndScrubbie] #711256
01/10/09 06:55 AM
01/10/09 06:55 AM
Minneapolis, MN
wildlifeangel Offline
Glider Slave
wildlifeangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Minneapolis, MN
Originally Posted By: BindiAndScrubbie
Also...under "To neuter or not to neuter - THAT is the question!" They talk about how they practice the tying string around the pom and cutting off blood flow therefore the pom dries up and falls off. I have never heard of such a thing but I am no vet. ON THAT NOTE....when I first got my boy, he was supposed to be at the 8 to 10 week stage...HE WAS NEUTERED. So I assume they neutered him in this whacked out fashion. You would think even if they did it the normal surgical way that he was too young at '8 to 10' weeks.

I ended up soon after bringing him home, emailing them to see if he was in fact neutered. They responded by saying yes, by Florida Law, they neuter all their boys. Oh and I also emailed them with concern for the diarrhea...they said to give him Kaopectade or Pepto and that he was just stressed.

I remembered, and then looked it up again, that this is the way that they castrate cattle and other large animals. I have never heard of it being seen as appropriate for a small animal.
http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/livestock/beef/facts/07-029.htm

Nadine

Adam-Eve
Starsky-Bianca
Gabriel-Charity
Barrington-Bailey
Travis-Rose-Ruby
Justice-Mercy
Natalia-Carmella-Cayden
Minka-Marco
Reagan-Jocelynn
Donnovin-Selina
Kaluah-Keeko-Emily-Monty-Lexy-Kevin-Raven-Skeeter
:rtmo: :leu: :bb: :cream: :plat:

www.tspsugar.com
Re: PET STORES & PERFECT POCKET PETS [Re: BindiAndScrubbie] #723757
01/26/09 12:07 AM
01/26/09 12:07 AM

J
JustTwo
Unregistered
JustTwo
Unregistered
J

Just an FYI, Pocket Pets was at the World of Pets Expo in Timonium, MD, this weekend (Jan 23-25).

C.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 545 guests, and 75 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,161
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,635 TEXAS
679,102 OHIO
487,225 OKLAHOMA
432,221 UTAH
321,741 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024