Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
"Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? #785475
05/28/09 12:34 PM
05/28/09 12:34 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline OP
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
I

USA
It seems from what I've been hearing from different people, that there is a lot of confusion on the platinum gene & how it works. My questions though have been specifically related to "platinum" vs "white platinum mosaic". These are the conclusions I've drawn. I'm hoping to get some feedback on whether this is correct or not.

We just got a glider from Priscilla, which she has told us is considered a "light platinum white mosaic pinto". I'm not questioning that or trying to say she's wrong. But I do have some things I'm trying to sort out.

1. It's my understanding that a "WHITE mosaic" is technically a glider that has more white on it than grey/black/normal coloring. True or false?

2. It's my understanding that in a case like this, the word "platinum" or "light platinum" is being used more to describe the color of the grey that does exist on his body - meaning the hairs that are grey are a lighter more platinum-like color than the normal grey/black colorations of a "normal" glider. True or false?

3. It's my conclusion that the word "platinum" being used to describe the coloring in a mosaic is different from the word "platinum" being used to describe a regular platinum glider (like Haley, for example). To further speculate, I would assume that if I paired my light platinum white mosaic with a platinum glider, we would probably not get platinum colored joeys (but could possibly get white mosaics with some platinum-like tones to them). My white mosaic does not have any platinum in his lineage that I'm aware of. Does that conclusion seem correct?

4. It's my conclusion off of this, that in coming up with adoption pricing for joeys, one could charge platinum rates for a platinum glider and white mosaic rates for a white mosaic glider.......but probably would not add to the pricing of a white mosaic just because he/she looks to have a platinum coloring to his grey.

Does anyone else find this confusing that we're using the same terminology to describe platinums? One being an actual color variation off of the normals and the other being just more of a description of the look of the grey on the white mosaics (not so much an actual color variation in the DNA).

Are you guys also seeing this as two different things or am I understanding this all wrong? I just hate to be calling my little guy a platinum white mosaic & confusing people because he's really not from platinum lines....but yet he does have a lighter coloring to him, like his stripe is light. I don't exactly have a trained eye for these things yet though. I'm not really asking you guys to tell me what my little guy is. I'm just more trying to figure out if I'm understanding the use of the word "platinum" correctly, so I don't go around confusing other people about it.

Here's a pic of my "light platinum white mosaic pinto" glider:

Misty

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: IowaMisty] #785560
05/28/09 03:25 PM
05/28/09 03:25 PM
Houston, TX
wclanton423 Offline
Glider Guardian
wclanton423  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, TX
I don't know the answer to any of your questions but I just wanted to say your "light platinum white mosaic pinto" glider is GORGEOUS!!!

Whitney

~Southland Sugar Gliders~

Mommy to:
:grey: :rtmo: :leu: :wfb:
my dogs, Duke and Nikki
my cat Puma
my awesome bunny Swayzee

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: wclanton423] #785561
05/28/09 03:41 PM
05/28/09 03:41 PM
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
Yes it is 2 different things. You have a TRUE Platinum(there are 2 lines, To and Fro and FFR)

The Platinum related to mosaic is just describing the coloring of grey on it, and would be mosaic pricing.

A true platinum will cost alot more.

Does that help?

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: gliderboy4life] #785570
05/28/09 04:07 PM
05/28/09 04:07 PM
Utah
S
silverwolf Offline
Glider Slave
silverwolf  Offline
Glider Slave
S

Utah
Yes but if you call your guy a platinum mosaic then most will know what you are talking about. If people here talk about platinum only then most people know it is not the mosaic they are talking about.

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: gliderboy4life] #785578
05/28/09 04:29 PM
05/28/09 04:29 PM

B
Babydevilsangel
Unregistered
Babydevilsangel
Unregistered
B

Misty, I've recently been wondering the same thing. It is confusing that "Platinum" is being added to anything if it is lighter in color, but in my opinion, is misleading.

You are correct. A mosaic is a mosaic regardless of the coloring being lighter or darker... Just as a classic gray has different tones, from reddish to goldish, to grayish... it's still a classic gray.

Lately there have been "Platinum Cremino's" being advertised and "Platinum Mosaic's" being advertised. The funny thing about the supposed "Platinum Cremino" is that it looks no different than a Cremino. I'm not sure why they are being labeled that way. With the "Platinum" Mosaic's, there is at least a color difference.

I am in no way intending this to offend anyone. Just wish we could clear up what is becoming more and more confusing in the community.

I think we should make a motion! lol

Maybe the "Platinum Mosaic's" should be called either White Mosaics or even Silver Mosaics.

Cremino's... are Cremino's. So far they all look so similar in color.

I think this would be helpful to everyone, but I don't know how to get everyone on board with the distictions either.

Does anyone else have any idea's how to implement this distiction so it's not confusing any longer?

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: ] #785582
05/28/09 04:38 PM
St. Charles, Missouri
Suggiegramma Offline
Glider Slave
Suggiegramma  Offline
Glider Slave

St. Charles, Missouri
I would call your baby a Platinum Mosaic since it has the Platinum coloring with a stripe down it's back. From what I've been told, a White Mosaic has no defined stripe down the back. I have 2 Platinum Mosaics and a White Mosaic. One PM is from Lynsie and the other PM and WM are from Priscilla.

Virginia

Suggies
Sachi,Miuccia,Mignon,Cosette,Blaise,Florianna,Fabio,
Abbi,Fletcher,Eshton,Hansel,Gretel,Sahara,Parker,SugarBear,
Emily,Ariana,Symphony,Mozart,Smeegle,Cocoa,Hershey,Tippy,
Hollister,Anastasia,Buffy,Tawny,Stormy,Aurora,Chance,Karma,
Kristoff,Ruby.

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: ] #785583
Houston, Texas
gliderboy4life Offline
Glider Guardian
gliderboy4life  Offline
Glider Guardian

Houston, Texas
We have been labeling gliders as Platinum Creme-inos at THe Pet Glider because of their distinct silvery and very dark appearance. It is somewhat difficult to capture in pictures, but in person there is no question that the color is different.

Tyler Cleckley
www.GliderBoyGliders.com
Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: ] #785584
05/28/09 04:40 PM
05/28/09 04:40 PM
In
heartlandglider Offline
Glider Explorer
heartlandglider  Offline
Glider Explorer

In
THis is quite confusing Not sure what the answer is. I have 3 creminos here and they are not all the same color. One from Stacie is very light with a little shading on her tail. Some of the other shading she had has disappeared as she has gotten older. I have a cremino here from FFR. He is not the same color cremino as the one from Stacie or as Bella, the little cremino I had born here. Bella keeps getting more taupe as she gets older. The only thing these 3 have as far as looks in common is the red eyes.
WHen I got Promise from Stacie, I was told she was a dilute cremino. I will let someone else figure out what color cremino they will call Topo and Bella smile
From what I am hearing/being told on the platinum gene, it is just as confusing.

Dianne Kieffer
Heartland Gliders

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: ] #785585
05/28/09 04:42 PM
05/28/09 04:42 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline OP
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
I

USA
Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.

Babydevilsangel, I do think there is some confusion & that's why I was posing these questions & just trying to make sure I'm even understanding correctly. With the mosaics, i don't think we could just label "platinum mosaics" as "white mosaics" & have it all cleared up. Aren't there white mosaics that are NOT "platinum"? Am I right in thinking a "white moasaic" is any mosaic with more white on the body than grey/black/normal? And in the case of my guy, we're calling him a "platinum white mosaic", which I think we're all agreeing means he's a white mosaic with some platinum coloration (but not platinum genetics).

I don't know a lot about the creminos, but I think Tyler could probably speak more on that - I think there are some breeders trying to breed platinum into cremino & thought they were starting to see some creminos that had a little bit of a silvery/platinum coloration to them. I could be wrong on that though.

Whitney, you better think my boy is gorgeous...lol. We paid a lot of money for that little stud. Haha. He was so gorgeous, we had to find him TWO girls to mate with. I'm hoping to get some more pictures online soon of him.

Tyler, thanks for clarifying a bit. I know I was kind of asking people about this a little at Judie's event. I know the true platinums can be pretty pricey. So can the white mosaics. I'm still not 100% sure how the whole pricing structure works yet, but I guess we'll kind of figure that out when we have some joeys.

Thanks,
Misty

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: Suggiegramma] #785587
05/28/09 04:48 PM
05/28/09 04:48 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline OP
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
I

USA
Woah, ok several of you replied as I was typing.

Originally Posted By: Suggiegramma
I would call your baby a Platinum Mosaic since it has the Platinum coloring with a stripe down it's back. From what I've been told, a White Mosaic has no defined stripe down the back. I have 2 Platinum Mosaics and a White Mosaic. One PM is from Lynsie and the other PM and WM are from Priscilla.

Can anyone else verify, is this true that the definition of a white mosaic is a mosaic glider with no defined stripe? Virginia, would you mind posting or linking to a few pictures that show the difference between a "platinum mosaic" and a "white mosaic"? In the context of your platinum mosaics, are you also using platinum in the sense of the mosaic coloring rather than "TRUE platinum" as Tyler called it (like Haley)?

Thanks,
Misty

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: IowaMisty] #785596
05/28/09 05:04 PM
05/28/09 05:04 PM
Michigan
G
gliderma Offline
Serious Glideritis
gliderma  Offline
Serious Glideritis
G

Michigan
Just when I thought I was making sense of the colors, theres new confusion! LOL I wish there could be a standard like there is for dogs and gliders would be held by that standard. Like is it white mosaic, platinum mosaic or just mosaic? A black beauty is different than a standard grey, but still considered a grey. There should be guidelines met for each color so there would be no question. You can show a picture to several different people and get several different color variations based on their personal ideals. I have leu's, WF, WFB's and a mosaic that will all be breeding over the next year (no not all together!) and I would really like to be sure of what to call whatever comes up. Please, someone write down the acceptable colors with an exact description and pictures for everyone to agree on, sort of a "Dummies guide to glider colors",so that the rest of us "dummies" can get it! Yes I am trying to be aliitle funny, but really & truly want to learn! dunno

Lynn Martel
616-272-4374
989-400-5686
Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: IowaMisty] #785598
05/28/09 05:06 PM
05/28/09 05:06 PM
Wichita Falls, Texas
DirtyPaws Offline
Glider Slave
DirtyPaws  Offline
Glider Slave

Wichita Falls, Texas
It is all VERY confusing. But I think because these colors are all really new (compared to like dog breeds.) The names have to be given when the colors first are seen, (you have to call them something!) but then different variations of even that color come up and then, like mentioned above, gliders change colors as they mature. Since they mate and birth in such a short time span, before you know it, there's a color explosion, and you really have to rethink all the color names.

I personally think if the glider does not have platinum lineage it should not have the word platinum in it's description. But hey, I don't know beans about farts! Seems like silver, like suggested would be a better option for those gliders. Or at least say platinum COLORED glider when it's not actually from platinum lines.

Problem is, how are you ever going to get all the breeders to agree on what to call these colored gliders?!

off_topic
Whatcha naming that million dollar stud muffin?

~~~ Crystal ~~~

Dot Dot heart Woobie heart Isabella heart Beetlejuice

heart Blitzy&Ella ~ Twinkie&Tiramisu ~ Dolly&Doobie

heart Taaska & Sadie ~ Teddy Bear Doodle & Sasha

heart Tiki, MoJo, Ruckus, Napoleon
Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: DirtyPaws] #785605
05/28/09 05:12 PM
05/28/09 05:12 PM
Iowa
Lindsay Offline
Glider Guardian
Lindsay  Offline
Glider Guardian

Iowa
Originally Posted By: DirtyPaws

off_topic
Whatcha naming that million dollar stud muffin?

I would be interested in knowing that as well. grin

Lindsay

Lindsay
Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: IowaMisty] #785609
05/28/09 05:18 PM
05/28/09 05:18 PM

B
Babydevilsangel
Unregistered
Babydevilsangel
Unregistered
B

All I'm saying is that it would probably cause less confusion if a color term such as "silver mosaic" or "silver cremino" were being used rather than another completely different genetic name being used to describe the color.

It would be just as confusing if someone were to call their mosaic a "Classic gray Mosaic." It would make me wonder if it's a classic gray from mosaic lines or is it actually mosaic?

Or what if someone called their Albino, a "Leucistic Albino"?

Tyler, I understand there may be a definite difference in look, but what if I had a Platinum baby from platinum lines come along that has reddish hues, and then in turn, call it a Cremino Platinum? lol THAT would be confusing!!

Or how about a true to life example. When Mastika came oop, her coloring looked like she was Mosaic, with her stripe broken in 2 places and completely white hands, when it is literally impossible for her to be Mosaic. Should I be calling her a "Mosaic Platinum"?? Or would that be confusing. ???
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_0XfgH_ACHdY/SOPh_YUulAI/AAAAAAAACbs/3yNTp-njT90/s1600-h/100_3787.jpg

I'm only attempting to make a point. I understand the differences. I am simply saying that it becomes confusing to people in the community who haven't had as much exposure to the differences in colors, and would make sense that it would be a lot less confusing if a specific gene-type wasn't being used as a descriptive term for another color.

Misty, I don't have any mosaics, so I can't answer your question but I think that is the difference.

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: Lindsay] #785619
05/28/09 05:29 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline OP
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
I

USA
We named him Squall.

I like the idea of maybe calling them "silver white mosaics" or MAYBE "silver mosaics" if there would be no difference between the two.....but yeah, there would have to be some type of agreement in the glider community about what the color means & I have no idea how to start a movement like that. So let's keep this going & see what other people have to say.

I'm hoping to at some point collect pictures & get a good color info page on my website, but I'm not at that point yet. Priscilla has some of them posted on her site:
http://www.thepetglider.com/index/sugar-glider-colors/sugar-glider-colors.html

She has a picture of "platinum mosaics", but not a picture of "white mosaics" & I'm not sure if those "platinum mosaics" are also considered to be "platinum white mosaics".

So I think some of the things we're pondering & needing to clarify after what we've been learning today are:
- Is there a difference between a "platinum mosaic" and a "white mosaic"?
- Are all "platinum mosaics" also "white mosaics"?
- Are all "white mosaics" also "platinum mosaics"?
- At what point is a mosaic considered to be a "white mosaic"

What we've learned so far:
The word "platinum" is most definitely being used in two different ways to describe color variations. To some it's confusing. To others it's pretty common knowledge that it's referring to two different things. Oh....& I got me a beautiful baby! Haha.

Misty

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: ] #785621
Big Sandy TN
Sherri Offline
Glider Addict
Sherri  Offline
Glider Addict

Big Sandy TN
This is why I dont breed, talk about confusing!

I also dont think platinum should be used in a glider unless it has platinum in its lineage.

But then again I'm not a breeder so what do I know, other than there are some really gorgeous gliders out there with some funky colored names.

sherri

Forever home to a wide variety of animals, domestic, farm and exotic.
My passion is my little suggie sweethearts! 731-441-9814

http://www.newbysglidernook.com/index.html
Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: Sherri] #785627
05/28/09 05:42 PM
05/28/09 05:42 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
I see how this could be confusing to someone just starting in color breeding, but it is pretty common knowlege what a platinum mosaic is. If platinum is followed by the word mosaic then you know it is not a "TRUE platinum".

When a mosaic, be it platinum mosiac or otherwise, has true platinum in it's lineage the breeder will refer to it as a "platinum het" or "from platinum lines". Since their is not really a "het" for plat. mosaic that we know of or have pinned down it should not be that confusing of you know what you are doing.

Since true platinums are so rare and I have never actually seen one for sale, I don't really see it being that much of an issue...but I do understand where you all are coming from.

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: SugareeErin] #785643
05/28/09 06:24 PM
05/28/09 06:24 PM
Poynette, WI
sketchyglider Offline
Glider Guardian
sketchyglider  Offline
Glider Guardian

Poynette, WI
I think to differenciate between them "true platinums" should be labeled "true platinums" but thats what makes sense to me and possibly to call the ones from platinum lines platinum hets

Last edited by sketchyglider; 05/28/09 06:27 PM.

Jessee slave to:
Ender :rtmo: & Valentine :leu: and 1 non-fuzzy kid Carleigh

I am SOOOOOO happy to finally be able to have my gliders back home with me! I have missed my babies soo much <3
Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: sketchyglider] #785654
05/28/09 07:02 PM
05/28/09 07:02 PM
St. Charles, Missouri
Suggiegramma Offline
Glider Slave
Suggiegramma  Offline
Glider Slave

St. Charles, Missouri
This is my Platinum Mosaic:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/Chic1956/DSC01814-1.jpg

This is my White Mosaic:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/Chic1956/DSC02153-1.jpg

Notice no defined stripe, platinum coloring and black spotted ears on Anastasia, Florianna has a defined stripe. I agree with Erin, if it has Mosaic behind the name, it's not a true platinum.

Virginia

Suggies
Kristoff,Ruby.

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: sketchyglider] #785661
05/28/09 07:15 PM
05/28/09 07:15 PM
Ok
Sheila Offline
Serious Glideritis
Sheila  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Ok
I will have to post to this later. I have to go tonight and will be home around ten. I will say that Haley, being the first platinum kept that name. There was only one word to describe her color. Her daughter Comet is a dilute platinum. I have been discussing this with other breeders because of all this confusion. I think anything that is not a platinum should be called "Platinum colored". So it could be a platinum colored mosaic, a platinum colored blonde, etc. If people don't like that, then the colors should be called silver as Bec suggested. No one has claimed the name silver and it would be a good name for it. Creminos as well as albinos have a color underneath their light color. They could be red, brown, gray, etc. Creminos should come in all colors because they have a gene that can factor the amount of color in them. Some creminos would have more white, some more brown, some more gray, and some even more lavendar even. Sometimes that lavendar can look like a platinum. So it appears to us that there can be t+albinos of the same species with differing appearences.
I wish that when the first platinum mosaic had come about that they had been called platinum colored, silver, or silver colored. I think many newbys into the colored market are very confused by this.

ToandFro Gliders

http://www.toandfrogliders.com

USDA Licensed breeder for 12 years and counting!

WE SELL THE STEALTH WHEEL
Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: Sheila] #785758
05/28/09 10:35 PM
05/28/09 10:35 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline OP
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
I

USA
Thanks Virginia for sharing those pics. The 1st girl does have some lighter coloring, so I guess if we were to use the new terminology, we would call her a "silver mosaic" or a "platinum-colored mosaic". Is the 2nd one actually a "platinum white mosaic"?....meaning with the new terminology we'd call her a "silver white mosaic" or a "platinum-colored white mosaic"? She's gorgeous, btw...looks a lot like my male but I think my male is currentiy more creamy-colored. I'm wondernig if he's going to turn more white though. So I'm still wondering, are there white mosaics that are not platinum-colored/silver white mosaics? If so, someone post a pic please! I'd love to see some good distinctions, so we can better label what we're talking about.

Sheila, I was hoping you'd stumble upon this topic! I look forward to the rest of your input on this. (Ok and seriously when you said "lavender", I almost busted a gut imagining a purple glider..lol!) The terminology is definitely confusing to us color-newbies...mostly because we're using the same word to describe two different things. And what is a dilute platinum?

Misty

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: IowaMisty] #785779
05/28/09 11:15 PM
05/28/09 11:15 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
Some white mosaics are all white wink They can have varying degrees of silver, from a few hairs to a grey back, but the missing stripe/alot of white makes it a white mo. I don't have any pics, but there is one in the classifieds.

Last edited by SugareeErin; 05/28/09 11:17 PM. Reason: added

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: SugareeErin] #785783
05/28/09 11:22 PM
05/28/09 11:22 PM
St. Charles, Missouri
Suggiegramma Offline
Glider Slave
Suggiegramma  Offline
Glider Slave

St. Charles, Missouri
I guess the first picture would be called a platinum colored mosaic and the second picture would be a white mosaic.

Virginia

Suggies
Kristoff,Ruby.

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: Suggiegramma] #785787
05/28/09 11:25 PM
05/28/09 11:25 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline OP
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
I

USA
Ok see now I would have (with my limited understanding) called th 2nd one a platinum/platinum-colored/silver white mosaic because she looks to have very similar coloring to my glider.

Misty

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: IowaMisty] #785797
05/28/09 11:44 PM
05/28/09 11:44 PM
St. Charles, Missouri
Suggiegramma Offline
Glider Slave
Suggiegramma  Offline
Glider Slave

St. Charles, Missouri
Yours appears to have a stripe. Maybe the picture is bad.

Virginia

Suggies
Kristoff,Ruby.

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: Suggiegramma] #785818
05/29/09 12:34 AM
05/29/09 12:34 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
I agree, like the idea of calling mosaics "silver" instead of "platinum".

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: Guerita135] #785824
05/29/09 12:50 AM
05/29/09 12:50 AM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline OP
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline OP
Glider Guardian
I

USA
If you click on the picture to see the larger image, you'll see the stripe is broken & then kind of fades off.

Misty

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: IowaMisty] #785838
05/29/09 03:02 AM
05/29/09 03:02 AM
Edwardsville, Kansas 66113
Judie Offline
Serious Glideritis
Judie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Edwardsville, Kansas 66113
The White Platinum Mosaic and Platinum Mosaic have been around a very Long Time and I see no need to change the names of this varriation.

So... with that in mimd... the so called Platinum is a newbie and should be called Silver or just Platinum.

I also beleive the Platinum color is a dilute gene which comes from the WF Blonde.

Last edited by Judie; 05/29/09 03:15 AM.
Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: Judie] #785881
05/29/09 08:43 AM
05/29/09 08:43 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
A Plat Mosaic Takara first pic
A white Mosaic Carmella second pic

Attached Files
DSC02467.JPG (367 downloads)
Carmella 082508.JPG (366 downloads)

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: "Platinum" Can Mean 2 Different Things? [Re: Srlb] #785893
05/29/09 09:07 AM
05/29/09 09:07 AM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
I think this thread is just confusing people even more. I don't think we need any name changing.

Misty your glider is a Mosaic- either being a white mosaic or a platinum mosaic - it's a mosaic. The platinum in his name just describes the light amount of grey he has which could be considered too much for a white mosaic. Either way he is a mosaic.

Mosaic gliders are different than Platinum gliders. Platinums are not Mosaics.

As to when it comes to selling their joeys- you'll have to wait for the coloring but you'll only be selling them as mosaics and not Platinums. The coloring will decide what you sell them for. White mo's will be more than your other mo's. The lighter or darker the grey doesn't usually differ in price that much, though some will pay more if there's more white but in general just expect to sell your mo's for the average mosaic price unless a white mo.

I have 3 mosaics - all 3 with different coloring. 1 is a light grey - 1 so dark he's darker than the standard grey and 1 that is so powdered over he would be called a platinum mosaic - though so different in color- they are all in the same category, mosaics and same price range!!

Unless you have a glider that comes from the "Platinum" line- the word platinum associated with mosaic is just describing the tone of the grey present.

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 388 guests, and 86 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,555 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,141 OKLAHOMA
432,147 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024