Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Pellet Food List #790917
06/08/09 11:06 PM
06/08/09 11:06 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

I am looking for a list of pellet food for sugar gliders. I know that they are typically discouraged but I am wondering if anyone has done a comparison and already has the ingredients listed out.

Is there such a thing available?

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791006
06/09/09 01:40 AM
06/09/09 01:40 AM
Phoenix, AZ
KattyM Offline
Serious Glideritis
KattyM  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Phoenix, AZ
I don't know of a list comparing various pelleted foods, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. smile The SunCoast diet uses a soft pellet that is also used in some other diets, I believe. Their site lists the ingredients of the ZooKeeper's Secret™.

Forever owned in my heart by my :grey: "Eight is Enough" colony:

:rbridge:
• 2002: Keiko (F) + 2003: Hiroshi (M) = 2004: joey Tomoki (M)
• 2009: Sammy (F), Charlie (F), Murray (M), Herbie (M)
• 2010: BJ (M)
Re: Pellet Food List [Re: KattyM] #791186
06/09/09 01:00 PM
06/09/09 01:00 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

Does anyone else think its a good idea to have a list of pellet food compiled and compared? Again, the idea is not to encourage the usage of it but to really look at the list more in depth for proper comparison on nutrition. This can at least get the community to properly start managing new and old pellet diets as well as commenting on usage, etc.

I think its important to have this recorded and I am willing to get it started. However, if its out there already, I rather not reinvent the wheel.

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791281
06/09/09 03:31 PM
06/09/09 03:31 PM

O
oOcornflakeOo
Unregistered
oOcornflakeOo
Unregistered
O

I second this, all of them say they are glider balanced but how can that be so? and even if such pellets are balanced, how are they when added to already balanced diets? Which pellets are best for which diet? and how come the originators of all the mastered diets didn't think to add which pellets/feed work for/against their diets? I encourage us all to add our 2 cents/scenses (or however it goes) on their experiences with pellets, maybe accumulate results into simple charts/pie graphs of good/bad experience rates with "X" product, accepted/refused by glider rates, nutritional values (for research purpose)... I bet polls would work great for data. it would also be an awesome community project for us all to chip into!! help clap jump thumb help

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791283
06/09/09 03:34 PM
06/09/09 03:34 PM
Iowa
Lindsay Offline
Glider Guardian
Lindsay  Offline
Glider Guardian

Iowa
I think it would be. Plus I think many people feed or have pellets in with gliders as a supplement if they get hungry during the day before they get their regular diet. It would be good to know which pellet food has what nutrients and would work well with this or that diet.

Lindsay

Lindsay
Re: Pellet Food List [Re: Lindsay] #791289
06/09/09 03:56 PM
06/09/09 03:56 PM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
I love this idea! I actually use some pelleted diets along with fruits and veggies. I may be of some help. let me know what you want.

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Pellet Food List [Re: JillMarie] #791324
06/09/09 05:03 PM
06/09/09 05:03 PM

I
insaneglider26
Unregistered
insaneglider26
Unregistered
I

I agree. I keep one of exotic nutrition's pelleted diets in my cage during the day, just in case they get hungry!

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791332
06/09/09 05:14 PM
06/09/09 05:14 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline
Glider Guardian
I

USA
I have the ingredients & guaranteed analysis of the Premium Sugar Glider diet (from Exotic Nutrition) listed here:

Ingredients

I hope that helps. I've been wanting to collect the ingredients of all of the dry foods people are using & post them all on my website, but just haven't had time to do it yet.

Some diets, like HPW, don't recommend/require a dry food supplement (although some do offer it as a snack during the day).

Misty

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: IowaMisty] #791346
06/09/09 05:42 PM
06/09/09 05:42 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

I can definately start compiling this list. I can start with the information that is already out there and easy to get to and then move on to the more unknown pellet diets. Since I would be doing this for everyone, I would appreciate it any input on format.

I am good at gathering info and researching but presentation is not my strength. If anyone wants to offer, I can send them the data and information and they can present it on a website or some sticky on the forum?

I could also start a thread where I post the pellet information and then it can be grabbed from there? I'm open to possibilities. Just need to know what the collective agreement is.

I think we can do this easily.......we just have to develope a quick protocol and I'll start data collecting and people can start pitching in as needed.

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791362
06/09/09 06:25 PM
06/09/09 06:25 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline
Glider Guardian
I

USA
I would love to put the info on my website & I'm good at the formatting part but just haven't had time to do the compiling part. I would credit you for putting the info together. Please feel free to email me (misty@sweet-sugar-gliders.com).

Misty

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: IowaMisty] #791435
06/09/09 08:39 PM
06/09/09 08:39 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

I'll start gathering glider pellet food names. I have the following list but I am sure there are some missing:

Exotic Nutrition
Glider Complete
Premium Sugar Glider diet
INSECT-EATER diet
Sugar Glider diet with Eucalyptus
Sugar Glider diet with Papaya
BERRIES & BUGS GLIDER diet
Insectivore-Fare - See ZooKeeper's Secret
BABY PREMIUM SUGAR GLIDER diet
NEW WORLD PRIMATE diet

ZooKeeper's Secret

Zoo-Fare - See ZooKeeper's Secret

Happy Glider from Pet Pro

Sunseed Vita Sugar Glider Formula

Pretty Pets Sugar Glider Food

Glide - R - Chow

Glider Complete

Mazuri
New World Primate
Omnivore Zoo-Feed

Questions on diets
Gumivore-fare - Not pellet but do we want this included?
Monkey Biscuits - Not exactly staple pellets but do we want this included?

**Please let me know any others to add to this list. Once the list is gathered, I'll start gathering ingredients, nutritional analysis, and mfg feeding instructions.

Last edited by astronoc; 06/09/09 09:19 PM.
Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791443
06/09/09 08:57 PM
06/09/09 08:57 PM
Indian Rocks Beach, FL
irie888 Offline
Glider Explorer
irie888  Offline
Glider Explorer

Indian Rocks Beach, FL
We use:
(Aspen my 16 year old glider has been on it for 9 years and loves it and is doing awesome.) It is a small mom and pop organization in MO but they have a great product and my gliders have done awesome on it. You can call Jim (who hand makes it) and ask him all of the questions that you want. Here is the link:

http://www.pet-pro.com/index.html

I have also used Zookeepers Secret with good results.

We put both in a ziplock bag and mix vitamins and milk replacement in with them and then leave it in the cage all of the time for our gliders to munch inbetween or during meals if the don't like what they are having. It works great. We have healthy long living gliders and babies.

Erin (Mom to)

:grey: Pixie, Bell, Otto, :leu: Helo, & :wfb: Skids, Kizmet :rtmo: Uqi

1 Crazy Dogs
Weim - Irie

:rbridge: Aspen at 20 years old was still too soon to leave me, Keto, Zucgar & Echo
Re: Pellet Food List [Re: irie888] #791445
06/09/09 09:13 PM
06/09/09 09:13 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: irie888
We use:
(Aspen my 16 year old glider has been on it for 9 years and loves it and is doing awesome.) It is a small mom and pop organization in MO but they have a great product and my gliders have done awesome on it. You can call Jim (who hand makes it) and ask him all of the questions that you want. Here is the link:

I have also used Zookeepers Secret with good results.

We put both in a ziplock bag and mix vitamins and milk replacement in with them and then leave it in the cage all of the time for our gliders to munch inbetween or during meals if the don't like what they are having. It works great. We have healthy long living gliders and babies.

I've taken down your comments on my own spreadsheet to go back to later. I figured that we would maybe start a thread per pellet diet and get feedback from both sides once we get the list and some of the basics down. This is an example of a positive one but I have negative ones for the Happy Glider. We would need to figure out how to incorporate facts/opinions to the list but I rather leave that for later on. It is possible that someone would say nay to the Happy Glider diet with thoughts of another diet in mind while someone else may say yes to it for specific reasons or instances. We could note that this particular diet worked for someone that followed "x" diet plan, etc.

Many ways to go on the "comments" part of it but I'm sure we'll touch base on that once we cross that road.

ps: pet pro link is very useful since I actually have the list in written format rather than typed smile

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: irie888] #791469
06/09/09 09:53 PM
06/09/09 09:53 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: KattyM
I don't know of a list comparing various pelleted foods, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. smile The SunCoast diet uses a soft pellet that is also used in some other diets, I believe. Their site lists the ingredients of the ZooKeeper's Secret™.

Got it. It's been added to the list.

Originally Posted By: IowaMisty
I have the ingredients & guaranteed analysis of the Premium Sugar Glider diet (from Exotic Nutrition) listed here:

Ingredients

Misty

Got it. its been added to the list. I didnt get the mfg instructions though since that seems to be part of another diet. The rest is updated. If I missed something then let me know. I'll be glad to go back and add it.

Originally Posted By: irie888
We use:

They have at least 4 formulas. I will update those tomorrow smile

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791619
06/10/09 03:02 AM
06/10/09 03:02 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
Brisky's also makes some glider diets, which I use. will get info together and pm or post here. whichever you prefer. or can email you if you pm me your email. give me a few days to get it together.

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Pellet Food List [Re: JillMarie] #791632
06/10/09 04:14 AM
06/10/09 04:14 AM

O
oOcornflakeOo
Unregistered
oOcornflakeOo
Unregistered
O

SWEET! ummm... lets try to start this in another thread. and leave a link on this thread for others to channel to that one.. also as far as the rating/experience part, it could be listed with the brand first, complimenting and counteractive established diet(s) a simple positive and negative experience tally.. i.e. 429847 preferred (by glider) 1239 rejected/refused (by glider)... simple* after that, nutritional facts, and maybe someone can look through the ingredients to make sure that none of the products contain no nos like garlic >_<

I would include the monkey biscuits cause i've heard from other ppl that they use them... if its questionable, it should probably be on the list.. other than fruits, veggies and already-balanced diets, anything pellet should probably be included.

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791658
06/10/09 07:00 AM
06/10/09 07:00 AM
Red Oak Texas
anjill_tree Offline
Glider Guardian
anjill_tree  Offline
Glider Guardian

Red Oak Texas
do you want the ingredients and nutrients typed in here? I can do the sunscription vita. My gliders gobble it up.

Cathy Hart

Support Aspergers and Autism Research, help put the pieces together.
www.hartlandsugargliders.com
cathyhart2texas@yahoo.com
469-964-4152
Re: Pellet Food List [Re: JillMarie] #791800
06/10/09 01:20 PM
06/10/09 01:20 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: anjill_tree
do you want the ingredients and nutrients typed in here? I can do the sunscription vita. My gliders gobble it up.

I have this one already but thank you.

Originally Posted By: JillMarie
Brisky's also makes some glider diets, which I use. will get info together and pm or post here. whichever you prefer. or can email you if you pm me your email. give me a few days to get it together.

Please go ahead and post on here. I have added the name to the list but will wait for the rest. Thank you!!!

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791832
06/10/09 02:35 PM
06/10/09 02:35 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

Need ingredients, guaranteed analysis, feeding instructions for the following:

Exotic Nutrition BABY PREMIUM SUGAR GLIDER diet
Exotic Nutrition BERRIES & BUGS GLIDER diet
Exotic Nutrition Glider Complete
Exotic Nutrition INSECT-EATER diet
Exotic Nutrition NEW WORLD PRIMATE diet
Exotic Nutrition Premium Sugar Glider diet - Only feeding instructions needed
Exotic Nutrition Sugar Glider diet with Eucalyptus
Exotic Nutrition Sugar Glider diet with Papaya
Glide - R - Chow
Glider Complete
Mazuri New World Primate
Mazuri Omnivore Zoo-Feed
SUGAR GLIDER ~ Brisky diets

We have the ingredients, analysis, and feeding instructions for the following pellets:

Exotic Nutrition Insectivore-Fare
Pet Pro Happy Glider breeder
Pet Pro Happy Glider Chicken Protein
Pet Pro Happy Glider Fruity
Pet Pro Happy Glider Supreme
Zoo-Fare - See Exotic Nutrition Insectivore-Fare
ZooKeeper's Secret - See Exotic Nutrition Insectivore-Fare

I'll come on here and farm any information anyone has added and then update everyone on progress. Of course, I'll tackle one at a time but this way, everyone knows where I am at and can pitch accordingly.

**If you do not see the pellet food listed, then I am missing it. It should either be in the complete or non-complete list. We have a total of 24 different pellet items so far.

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791836
06/10/09 02:52 PM
06/10/09 02:52 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline
Glider Guardian
I

USA
I think all of Exotic Nutrition's info is on their site:
http://www.exoticnutrition.com/suglfo.html
You just click on the food & you'll see a link to the analysis & ingredients.

Misty

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: IowaMisty] #791848
06/10/09 03:13 PM
06/10/09 03:13 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

I have the label from the Sunseed sugar glider formula scanned into my computer as a PDF if you would like it.

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: IowaMisty] #791851
06/10/09 03:15 PM
06/10/09 03:15 PM
Perry, Iowa
josefine Offline
Glider Addict
josefine  Offline
Glider Addict

Perry, Iowa
presently,i am @ the library,using their computer as i do not have excel @ home. i came to get the diets from another thread,that is on excel,& decided to open this.
i am also interseted in finding the best diets possible for my girls.
i've mentioned before that if many of you could collaborate
& get a book going,i,for one, would be willing to pay some
$$ for it,as i know that there would be 100's more who would buy it,as they have w/peg's book,& also carolyn's books
(from suncoast).
talk @ ya L8R
josefine

Last edited by josefine; 06/10/09 03:17 PM.

Larry & Josefine Vodenik
2014 4 St
Perry,Iowa50220
515/321-6081cell#
j.vodenik@hotmail.com
Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791852
06/10/09 03:16 PM
06/10/09 03:16 PM

B
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
BelladonnasMom
Unregistered
B

Nevermind... it is on the list of stuff you already have info for! DUH!

But if anyone wants to see it I do have it.

Last edited by BelladonnasMom; 06/10/09 03:17 PM.
Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791887
06/10/09 04:48 PM
06/10/09 04:48 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline
Glider Guardian
I

USA
Josefine - We'll get you this info for free! LOL. I've thought about putting out a book down the road once I get more info up on my website, but for now I'm trying to just create a good informational website with free info.

Astronoc is putting together a great list. I'm going to work with him to get it formatted & put up on my website. I'm trying to decide what would be the best way to present this information. I do already have a page on my website about dry food (http://www.sweet-sugar-gliders.com/sugar-glider-food-dry-staple-food.html) where I list out a few of the foods with my opinion on them. And I could list out all of the foods & have each of them link to the info for that diet. I could actually even have each one link to a page on my website entirely about that diet & include people's comments & opinions about it (reviews) & suggestions. But even if I do that, I'd also like to create kind of one jumbo document that does a comparison of the different diets.

This is looking to be a BIG undertaking, but I think it could really help people. I am by no means a glider nutritionist, so at this point I'm not sure the best way to analyze which diets are best or work best with which diets. If anyone is really knowledgeable in that area & would like to volunteer to help, let us know. Part of knowing which pellets work with which main diets would be to get a nutritional analysis of the main diets as well. I have it for HPW and I think also for BML, but I'm not sure on the others. I've been wanting to collect those & get those on my site. Not enough hours in the day! If anyone has them though, please feel free to send them my way.

Misty

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: IowaMisty] #791888
06/10/09 04:49 PM
06/10/09 04:49 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted By: IowaMisty
I think all of Exotic Nutrition's info is on their site:
http://www.exoticnutrition.com/suglfo.html
You just click on the food & you'll see a link to the analysis & ingredients.

Misty

I just checked today and the links are in deed working. I had to email them yesterday since they werent working. I'll get to those next smile

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791890
06/10/09 04:53 PM
06/10/09 04:53 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline
Glider Guardian
I

USA
Oh well that's weird. I noticed they have a new image that links to the info. I think I did recently see an email from them that they've changed their site a bit. Maybe they didn't realize some of the links were dead.

Misty

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: IowaMisty] #791906
06/10/09 05:42 PM
06/10/09 05:42 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

Need ingredients, guaranteed analysis, feeding instructions for the following (mostly, because they need to be retyped):

Exotic Nutrition BABY PREMIUM SUGAR GLIDER diet - Need feeding instructions only. We have the rest.
Glide - R - Chow
Glider Complete
Mazuri Omnivore Zoo-Feed
SUGAR GLIDER ~ Brisky diets

We have the ingredients, analysis, and feeding instructions for the following pellets:

Exotic Nutrition Insectivore-Fare
Exotic Nutrition BERRIES & BUGS GLIDER diet
Exotic Nutrition Glider Complete
Exotic Nutrition INSECT-EATER diet
Exotic Nutrition NEW WORLD PRIMATE diet
Exotic Nutrition Premium Sugar Glider diet
Exotic Nutrition Sugar Glider diet with Eucalyptus
Exotic Nutrition Sugar Glider diet with Papaya
Mazuri New World Primate
Pet Pro Happy Glider breeder
Pet Pro Happy Glider Chicken Protein
Pet Pro Happy Glider Fruity
Pet Pro Happy Glider Supreme
Zoo-Fare - See Exotic Nutrition Insectivore-Fare
ZooKeeper's Secret - See Exotic Nutrition Insectivore-Fare

**If you do not see the pellet food listed, then I am missing it. It should either be in the complete or non-complete list. We have a total of 21 different pellet items so far.

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #791911
06/10/09 05:57 PM
06/10/09 05:57 PM
USA
I
IowaMisty Offline
Glider Guardian
IowaMisty  Offline
Glider Guardian
I

USA
I can probably get you the ingredients for Glide-R-Chow. I think Danielle sent them to me. I'll have to check it when I get home though.

Don't forget the monkey biscuits. I couldn't find ingredients on those online. I know I looked when I was making that page on my website. All I could find is that they were 20% protein.

I think without having the actual milligrams of protein, calcium, etc on these foods, it may be hard to estimate how much they'll affect the other diets (BML, HPW, etc). We'll have to think about how to analyze all of this data.

Misty

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: IowaMisty] #791941
06/10/09 07:04 PM
06/10/09 07:04 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

sounds good. I'll work on Glide-R-Chow last since there is a possibility you will get it.

If anyone else wants to get any others, just let me know so I dont work on those.

I will add the monkey biscuits as well.

Regarding the effects of other diets, you are right on that obstacle but we'll knock'em down. I thought reaching out to the original creators to see if they do recommend one specifically with their diet as well as get any statements from those that do not suggest using their diets with pellets.

Another thing we can catapult with this is using the communities comment regarding a specific pellet diet and maybe taking those back to the creators. We can ask them where they are at with research, let them know what the community thinks and what we feel needs to be improved. Someone is bound to listen to the pet owners and make diet changes accordingly. The ones that dont care about the feedback will most likely end up falling towards the side from a business sales and marketing perspective since they will no longer be competitive.

Re: Pellet Food List [Re: ] #792215
06/11/09 11:44 AM
06/11/09 11:44 AM

O
oOcornflakeOo
Unregistered
oOcornflakeOo
Unregistered
O

awesome everyone! this weekend I will be contributing to the research side of this thread and wow, thats a great list so far!! I wanted to add though that I believe some pellet foods are exclusive to certain regions, states, or even locally.. It may very well be a good idea to list if particular pellet are comercially produced or if certain pellets are found in some few places.. I hate looking for a recomended something that isn't available where I live. any way, gotta go, time is running up on the library computer =P

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 323 guests, and 85 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,572 TEXAS
679,075 OHIO
487,156 OKLAHOMA
432,160 UTAH
321,683 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024