Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? #789500
06/06/09 12:17 AM
06/06/09 12:17 AM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

It's time for me to order gliderade and mealies again, so I got onto my favorite sites to browse for anything else the gliders might need. I saw this new "bonding potion" at Suncoast. http://www.sugar-gliders.com/sugar-glider-bonding-potion.htm Anyone tried it yet?
The science of aromatherapy is sound, and even though my guys are bonded wonderfully, anything that gives them a calming, soothing feel would be nice to have around because I know how wonderful it can be to just relax sometimes. I'm just wondering if anyone else has tried it yet, and if so, how it works for your babies.

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #789522
06/06/09 01:13 AM
06/06/09 01:13 AM

D
dolcesmama712
Unregistered
dolcesmama712
Unregistered
D

curious to hear the answer to this one!!!

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #789534
06/06/09 01:32 AM
06/06/09 01:32 AM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
I have one glider that is the King of his domain and NO ONE, not even me is welcome to put their hand in exept to feed him and his family, he is neutered (didn't help that part! lol) I would like to try that after much further research and seeing what my vet says about it.

If it comes to where I can try it and Poss calms down, I would be amazed!

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: SugarBlossoms] #789536
06/06/09 01:41 AM
06/06/09 01:41 AM
Tennessee
Kayrahmommie Offline
Joey Member
Kayrahmommie  Offline
Joey Member

Tennessee
I'm planning on trying this out soon, not because Zeth and me are having bonding trouble- just to see it really does sooth them (he's a crabby little booger). I'd love to hear if someone has tried this.

Kaylagrin
Mommie to two suggies, one fat and lazy bulldog, and my wonderful furless baby.
Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: Kayrahmommie] #789574
06/06/09 05:51 AM
06/06/09 05:51 AM

L
Lori
Unregistered
Lori
Unregistered
L

I would love for someone to see if it works. Right now Bella has joeys IP so I wouldnt do anything to hurt them. But I have had her for over 2 yrs and she is still not bonded to me..and I have tried everything..she still will tear me up and bite me. I sit for hours next to her cage and talk to her and give her licky treats...nothing works.. I just dont know what else to do with her. The only progress we have made in 2 yrs is I am able to pet her head and she wont bite me..but she wont let me do it for very long and then she starts to crab and will lunge and try to bite me. I am game for anything that will work...I am hopeful someone trys it and it works!!!! smile

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #789630
06/06/09 10:17 AM
06/06/09 10:17 AM

J
jenfala
Unregistered
jenfala
Unregistered
J

i've tried the bonding spray with my babies, two females both 3.5 months old, and it seems to help. actually, recently we've seemed to take some steps backwards in our bonding, and i think this may be because i haven't been using the spray as much. my one girl is very crabby/bitey but with the spray, she licked off my finger for the first time and has calmed down a lot. we had a week of small steps forward. she readily licks off my fingers and takes watermelon from me. in the last few days, without using the spray much, she's crabbing a lot again-i'll start the spray again and see if it helps and report back.

jen

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #789654
06/06/09 11:33 AM
06/06/09 11:33 AM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
While I do agree with the aroma therapy, I also feel that using this product is only a 'surface aid' towards creating a semi balanced state of consciousness to the nervous system. On the other hand, it's important to understand that the emotions whether human or animal can not be maintained on a constant without consistent care, attention, and understanding.

Your little ones are benefiting to a certain degree, however, with their minor set backs this is a normal occurrence and can only be rectified with the 'human' interaction of love, support and understanding.

In my professional opinion, always work at maintaining a consistent pattern with your gliders. Look at the situation that is causing the upset, whether it be your mood (gliders are highly emotional little critters) and will respond according to your moods, a change in their environment, routine, or diet.

In summary, using this product is like putting a band aid on a wound without properly cleaning it first.

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: LSardou] #789688
06/06/09 01:35 PM
06/06/09 01:35 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

I agree to a point, Linda... but I think that, when used properly, this could be a wonderful tool for people who are trying everything to keep their gliders calm and bond with them, but it isn't working.

I know that, after a few months of hard work and love, a bunch of my rescues came around... but one of them never did. She was ALWAYS terrified no matter how calm I was or what I did. I was consistent with her, offered her mealies and gliderade and talked to her soothingly and softly, but she was still terrified constantly, as if she had been abused in some way. I think that, if this had been available back then, it may have helped her calm down and stop being so stressed all the time over everything. I'm glad to say that she is in a loving home now, but she's still very skittish and easily stressed out. I honestly worry about the toll constant stress is taking on her health, and I would love to recommend this to her owner if I find that it works.

I think I am going to buy a bottle and try it with my babies. It also might work on cranky/stressed humans, so I'm going to secretly spray it where my dad sits and see what happens. The formula is safe for humans and animals. hahaha

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #789711
06/06/09 02:25 PM
06/06/09 02:25 PM
Kansas
L
LSardou Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
LSardou  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
L

Kansas
Basically the point that I was trying to make is that when a person or animal has suffered emotional trauma, it's the issues that need addressed in conjunction with the added modalities. I agree with using different types of techniques to aid in the healing process.
Creating a calming atmosphere certainly does help tremendously.

My concern here is for people not overlook these deep rooted issues and use this product as an instant cure for troublesome gliders. The process should go hand in hand.

I admire your efforts, and I am anxious to hear updates as you progress with your glider.

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: LSardou] #794975
06/17/09 11:02 AM
06/17/09 11:02 AM
Saint Petersburg, FL
Viva La Glider Offline
Glider Guardian
Viva La Glider  Offline
Glider Guardian

Saint Petersburg, FL
Hello All,

Since this is a brand new type of product for sugar gliders, I thought I'd add to this conversation.

First, we absolutely agree with LSardou there is no substitute for time and patience. This product is not intended to be a substitute for time and patience, or proper approaches to bonding. In fact, if you look at the product description we emphasize this point often and link to our educational series on bonding in several different places in the product description.

As people have stated above, it's all about aromatherapy. Our focus on this is that if we can help "take the edge off" of frightened sugar gliders, we can help them to take that leap of faith to trust their new human sooner. Also, of equal importance, is that if we can help take the edge off of the new human, their calmer approach will help this animal to trust sooner. Yes, it does work on people just the same. That is what aromatherapy is about.

We are big fans of Cesar Milan, the dog whisperer. He always stresses calm and assertive when working with dogs. We think calm is the right state of mind when working with gliders as well and this is what this product addresses.

The bonding Potion product is a bonding *aid*.

All animals need to acclimate to new homes, new surroundings and new people. This is not unique to sugar gliders. A safe natural calming agent simply facilitates this process. We've received feedback with some success stories where this product helps with rescue gliders as well. However, some rescue gliders have been so traumatized by their previous caretakers that this product may have little to no obvious effect, but the effect exists whether or not it is noticed. If you breathe it in, it can't not have some effect by its nature.

I hope this helps explain things better and for more information, please read the product description on our web site under the "Health and Nutrition" category.

Thanks for having a well-balanced and intelligent discussion about this product. I'm proud to be part of a great community committed to the promotion of the highest standards in animal care.

Lisa and Arnold www.sugar-gliders.com
Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: Viva La Glider] #794990
06/17/09 11:48 AM
06/17/09 11:48 AM

A
Avri
Unregistered
Avri
Unregistered
A

I used it when I got Candy and Ferb a couple of months ago. Lisa gave me a bottle when I went to pick them up from her. It seemed to work well at keeping them calm, until they were used to me. I don't use it any more because both Gliders seem to have bonded very well with me but my daughter still likes to use it (I think it actually helps her stay calm as well) when she's holding them.

Oh and I find it helps a little when I'm clipping nails.

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #794993
06/17/09 11:57 AM
06/17/09 11:57 AM

S
sugarmoon65
Unregistered
sugarmoon65
Unregistered
S

I tried this because I was always scared to do nail trimming. My girls seemed terribly traumatized whenever I or my vet trimmed nails. They would crab and then shake for quite awhile.

This stuff has helped! They did not crab at all, nor did they shake. They still weren't happy about it, but it was not the traumatic event it has been in the past!

I haven't used it for bonding, but for nail trimming, it's a Keeper for us!

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #794994
06/17/09 12:03 PM
06/17/09 12:03 PM

A
Avri
Unregistered
Avri
Unregistered
A

Yep - they were very nippy the first couple of times - even to the point of biting me on purpose to make me let go. But once I remembered to use the spray in the pouch I was holding them in they really calmed down and let me get it done - I'm probably getting better at it also.

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: Viva La Glider] #795276
06/17/09 11:27 PM
06/17/09 11:27 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: Viva La Glider

We are big fans of Cesar Milan, the dog whisperer. He always stresses calm and assertive when working with dogs. We think calm is the right state of mind when working with gliders as well and this is what this product addresses.

Fantastic. That is actually part of why I started researching aromatherapy and the like. Cesar Milan is an amazing person who has saved countless animals with his "calm and assertive" attitude.

Okay, I've had the "potion" for about a week now, and I must say, I really like the stuff! It is very calming, and the gliders always want to get right up and sniff me when I put it on. I have secretly sprayed my dad's chair with it, and noticed that he seems less ornery when I do so. xD I get less of those evil vibes when I spray it (god forbid he finds out I'm using it, though), and everyone seems calmer. I just might put in a standing order for this stuff! hahahaha dance

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #797446
06/22/09 05:07 PM
06/22/09 05:07 PM

S
sugarmoon65
Unregistered
sugarmoon65
Unregistered
S

I put some on my neck before I hug my husband, when he gets home from work. Hot summer months make him grumpy! It seems to help a little!
heart

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #797521
06/22/09 08:06 PM
06/22/09 08:06 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

hahahaha... yeah, I've gotten to where I just come right in and spray it around if he's doing homework (taking online classes). The math problems make him unpleasant. xD

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #797522
06/22/09 08:08 PM
06/22/09 08:08 PM

M
monluvspagen
Unregistered
monluvspagen
Unregistered
M

Ok so you use it on humans... not suggies? wha?

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #797684
06/23/09 09:51 AM
06/23/09 09:51 AM

T
TinksNewMom
Unregistered
TinksNewMom
Unregistered
T

I've used it to help with bonding as I have adopted one suggie from the Humane Society and the other was just given to me. Due to lack of human interaction they were both crabbing and extremely nervous around me. The potion does help. Instead of getting bit I was getting licked. It is an AID not a cure-all. I have not had to use the potion for about a week now. laugh

Last edited by TinksNewMom; 06/23/09 09:52 AM.
Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #797721
06/23/09 11:17 AM
06/23/09 11:17 AM

M
monluvspagen
Unregistered
monluvspagen
Unregistered
M

Hmm

Re: Anyone tried Suncoast Bonding Potion yet? [Re: ] #799305
06/26/09 05:57 PM
06/26/09 05:57 PM

M
Mio
Unregistered
Mio
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted By: monluvspagen
Ok so you use it on humans... not suggies? wha?

It is safe for use on all animals, including humans. It was originally made for gliders, and works extremely well on calming them.

No one said it was a cure-all, guys. Nothing is. It has already been noted that this is for use as an aid, not to automatically bond you and your gliders. If someone doesn't get it from all the times it has been said, saying it one more time is not going to do any good. wink

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 372 guests, and 89 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,586 TEXAS
679,082 OHIO
487,164 OKLAHOMA
432,170 UTAH
321,695 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024