Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Could someone share the first few Leu and Moasic ? #796801
06/20/09 10:40 PM
06/20/09 10:40 PM
Jupiter, Florida
SugaWhit Offline OP
Glider Guardian
SugaWhit  Offline OP
Glider Guardian

Jupiter, Florida
I am really new to gliders again- and since I have been away, the new color morphs have exploded.

I am really interested in them, but haven't been able to find information that I am curious about.
A breeder I am talking to said that there was originally 3 Leu's that were brought in, hence the original three lines. Is this the case? Could anyone tell me the names?

How about the Moasic's? Could anyone tell me where the first ones came from? Crop up's from breeding the one's with white tails or?

Also, I know that there is a national glider lineage database, but why don't we have a registry like many other breeds of animals do?
I also raise horses, and am spoiled in a way, as I can with in a few keystrokes get all the information I am looking for.
I am glad I found this collective group of people, I have been wandering around, and the amount of support and care I see is just wonderful.
Thank you in advance!
Whit

Mom to (heaven help me!) Three pairs of wonderful Glider kids-
Nero :rtmo:
Cupid a :cream: & Ceres :rtmo: +1 boy oop
Warbuck :plat: & Lysia :rtmo: & Clarissa with Twins oop each!
http://palmbeachgliders.webs.com/
Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moasic ? [Re: SugaWhit] #797074
06/21/09 06:24 PM
06/21/09 06:24 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
There was only 1 leu that was imported and that was Cheese. He was imported from Indonesia with Mac(a mosaic). The other leus came from grays that turned out to be leu hets. 1 of the lines came from a woman in Arkansas. Her gray girl gave birth to 2 leus: Sammie and Sesamie. The other line came from some leu hets in Canada. There were 3 leus: Ethan, Gabriel, and Fizban.

There are now 2 more leu lines: the Snow White line(Priscilla Price owns Snow White) and the Magnolia line(Sheila Willson owns Magnolia).

There are 3 mosaic lines: Mother White(not sure where she was from), Mac(from Indonesia), and the sterile line(not sure where they originated...they weren't sterile to begin with, but the breeder who got the first mosaics inbred them to the point of sterility :\ ).

Here are the 2 main sugar glider databases:

http://www.thepetglider.com/index/online-pedigree-program.html

http://www.sugargliderdatabase.com/

It's not required that people register their gliders, so not all gliders are in there.

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moasic ? [Re: Guerita135] #797479
06/22/09 06:20 PM
06/22/09 06:20 PM
Jupiter, Florida
SugaWhit Offline OP
Glider Guardian
SugaWhit  Offline OP
Glider Guardian

Jupiter, Florida
Thank you thank you thank you.
I have been hunting all over the place for that information, and you are the first to put it all together so nicely.

Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moasic ? [Re: SugaWhit] #797491
06/22/09 06:43 PM
06/22/09 06:43 PM

A
astronoc
Unregistered
astronoc
Unregistered
A

Agreed. I love hearing about "sugar history".

Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moasic ? [Re: ] #797611
06/23/09 01:03 AM
06/23/09 01:03 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
No problem. wink

I'm working on putting all the info on my site, but it's slow-goings because I've been pretty busy lately.

Here's what little I've got up so far: http://justforfuzzies.com/gliders/genetics

I haven't added the mosaics yet because I need to refresh my memory on those first.

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moasic ? [Re: Guerita135] #797640
06/23/09 05:01 AM
06/23/09 05:01 AM
Edwardsville, Kansas 66113
Judie Offline
Serious Glideritis
Judie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Edwardsville, Kansas 66113
The Leucistic Cheese is a she. LOL Mac was the Platinum Mosaic male. This pair of gliders were imported. Together they produced only Leu Hets and Mosaics.

The gliders that were imported from Canada were... two Leus... Fizban and Gsbriel. The Leu Ethan was sold to another canadian in Canada and died a few years later but a few hets from Ethan have been sold here in the states.

The first 100% hets were a brother and sister pairing and were imported from Canada and named Micky and Mimnie out of Ehan. With them came two offspring... one Leu female named Salene and her brother a 66% Possible Het and his name is Shy Baby.

The two Leus born here in the states were from a couple in Arkansas and they were not breeders. Lineage was unknown as both parents (Possibly one or both) were 100% Leu Hets. The gliders orig came from Texas as rehomes. The group contained a set of adults (male recently altered) alomg with two young male offspring (they unknowingly would have been Possible Leu Hets). With all this in mimd... we are not sure who the father was.
The Leus were sold seperately... the adults were left together and the male offspring were seperated from the pair and never sold. There were no other offspring produced from this family of gliders. The two Leucistics were named Sammy and Sesamie.

When doing lineages... and if far enough back... you will find Midkey and Minnie, Sesamie and Shy Baby and a couple with Salene, and also Fizban in their lineages. Gabriel only produced two offspring and died about four years after being imported. Ethan produced Hets.

These gliders mentioned above along with the second generation that they produced are the foundation lines for all of the Leucistics now seen.

As to the Snow White Leus... she was a White Mosaic. I am not sure how the Leu came about in her lineage without hsving introduced a Leu or Leu Het to her or to one of her offspring that was paired to a Het or a Leu. Now take that offsping breed for a few generations to other hets or Leus. So that does not make it a New Leucistic Line that suddenly appeared out of Snow White as the Leu gene would have been introduced to her offspring. Thus the breeder is calling it the Snow White Line. Now I am guessing as to how this has come about as I know Priscilla has been working on establishing Pure Lines. So, the point is... Snow White was not a Leu but rather the Leu was introduced into her offsprings lineages Creating a bred out Leucistic Line that Priscilla is now calling it the Snow White Leucistic Line. Seems a bit confusing since "Snow White" is a Mosaic and not a Leucistic.

As to the new Leu Line from Sheila... I am not sure about that either. Sheila has never discussed it with me. But I would think if the lineage is correct there is a het somewhere in that pedigree. Even if the Leucistic was bred out for ten or twenty generations... the so called 1% Possible Het Leu gene which Proves out by producing a Leucistic still had to come from one of the Original Lines. If not... then there was an accidntal breeding somewhere in ones breeding program. So my guess is she has produced a very bred out Leu and is calling it a New Leucistic Line.

breeders are developing their own lines so we shall see more of this in the future. But remember... these New Lines are the result of breeding out with the Foundation lines being dropped off of the pedigree. If the breeder is unable to trace the so called New Leu Line back in the pedigree to the Foundation Lines of the Leucistic I would question a so called New Line from "any" breeder.

Original Lines of the Leucistics are just that... and they should be known as the "Foundation Lines" where all of the Leucistics have originated from. Every Leucistic produced should be traced back to them.

PS: As to the Mosaic... Mother White and a mosaic, she was the mother of Snow White the Mosaic.

Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moasic ? [Re: Judie] #797949
06/23/09 07:09 PM
06/23/09 07:09 PM
Jupiter, Florida
SugaWhit Offline OP
Glider Guardian
SugaWhit  Offline OP
Glider Guardian

Jupiter, Florida
Okay-
So the Leu's are pretty easy to trace it seems-
But what about the Mosaic's?
Was it just breeding white tip tails to each other and getting more and more white?
Did most come from that male Mac then?
(This would explain the Mac and Cheese thing I see on Pet Glider then huh? That was completly confusing me!)
Or was there several born with the white feet collars etc just randomly? Can you trace the Mosaic's back pretty easily?
What about the sterile line- what happened there?

Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moas [Re: Guerita135] #799092
06/26/09 05:02 AM
06/26/09 05:02 AM

W
Whisperia
Unregistered
Whisperia
Unregistered
W

Urm the one imported from Indonesia (Cheese and Mac) do you or anyone else have their contact? Coz i live in an Asia too which is closest by and is looking around for some Leu's or Mosaics.

Sry im not sure Who Cheese and Mac belongs too XD

Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moas [Re: ] #799098
06/26/09 05:53 AM
06/26/09 05:53 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
Mac and Cheese were imported into the US. The "breeder" in Indonesia was a mill. :\ That was many years ago though, so I doubt that place even exists any more.

I don't think anyone knows who owns Mac and Cheese any more or if they're even alive. Perhaps Sheila would know?

~Nicole~

Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moas [Re: Guerita135] #799137
06/26/09 10:01 AM
06/26/09 10:01 AM
Hudson Valley, NY
krysKritters Offline
Glider Addict
krysKritters  Offline
Glider Addict

Hudson Valley, NY
I have some info on my site about the colors origins...

www.kryskritters.com/Sugarglider_Info.html

It has a bit of each of the colors history.

Krys DeRosa
Godfather of the NY Glider Mafia

KrysKritters.comcloud9

A child with Autism is not ignoring you, they are waiting for you to enter their world.
Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moas [Re: Guerita135] #799469
06/27/09 12:02 AM
06/27/09 12:02 AM

W
Whisperia
Unregistered
Whisperia
Unregistered
W

I wont be surprised if they were mill breeders. They have the worst condition of pets over there. They even sell pets in the morning market frown

I was thinking of importing too but i would need a contact of where to start. I know they have gliders in Thailand too, but not sure if they have leu's

Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moas [Re: ] #799528
06/27/09 06:43 AM
06/27/09 06:43 AM
Minneapolis, MN
wildlifeangel Offline
Glider Slave
wildlifeangel  Offline
Glider Slave

Minneapolis, MN
Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Judy had Mac and Cheese and recently sold them to Priscilla. She has joeys for sale that are from mac and cheese.

Nadine

Adam-Eve
Starsky-Bianca
Gabriel-Charity
Barrington-Bailey
Travis-Rose-Ruby
Justice-Mercy
Natalia-Carmella-Cayden
Minka-Marco
Reagan-Jocelynn
Donnovin-Selina
Kaluah-Keeko-Emily-Monty-Lexy-Kevin-Raven-Skeeter
:rtmo: :leu: :bb: :cream: :plat:

www.tspsugar.com
Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moas [Re: wildlifeangel] #799533
06/27/09 07:58 AM
06/27/09 07:58 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
Who has joeys that are from Mac and Cheese? Neither Priscilla nor Judie own Mac and Cheese. They were both owned by a woman named Dai Greene and she sold them to an unknown person and, as far as I know, no one knows who that person is. :\

~Nicole~

Re: Could someone share the first few Leu and Moas [Re: Guerita135] #799553
06/27/09 10:16 AM
06/27/09 10:16 AM

L
Leyna
Unregistered
Leyna
Unregistered
L

Nadine, Priscilla has grandchildren from Mac and Cheese available, not direct offspring...

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 322 guests, and 87 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,572 TEXAS
679,075 OHIO
487,155 OKLAHOMA
432,160 UTAH
321,681 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024