Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Dashers Blood Report #836184
09/10/09 04:39 PM
09/10/09 04:39 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
For those of you who were interested in seeing Dashers blood work here ya go. This was done on June 15th this year. It was the same day we discovered that Dasher had something going on with either his liver or spleen (more than likely, his liver).

Dasher was born here at my home and has been a HPW diet eater all of his life.

As you can see, his Ca:P levels are Normal.

(Click on pic to enlarge)

Peggy
Critter Love
Critter Love� Diet Center

If you want to know what a person is like, watch how he treats others.

You'll never know what the outcome is if you don't step up and try.

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Srlb] #836189
09/10/09 04:54 PM
09/10/09 04:54 PM
Spring, Texas
Trigger Offline
Glider Addict
Trigger  Offline
Glider Addict

Spring, Texas
What diet are you feeding? Dog gone girl those levels look great. Hey next time try to get that 2:1 perfect OK! LOL

That is awesome, what are you doing to those pine nuts exactly missy?

»-(¯`v´¯)-»MO MONEY!»-(¯`v´¯)-»
kids Chance, Dylan, John, & Kayla
Skittles, Snupi, Snuki, Lucy, Shanu, Caspian, Ivy, Kalysta, Kaliya, Santee, Cheyenne, Apache, Comanche, Twirpy, Meribelle, Santeria, Shyamalan, Sebastian, Zoey, Naira & Katsu
www.jensfuzzyfriends.com
Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Trigger] #836203
09/10/09 05:07 PM
09/10/09 05:07 PM
USA
SugarBlossoms Offline
Serious Glideritis
SugarBlossoms  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
Looks good!!! smile

Keeper of Handprints on my Heart, You left your Footprints on my soul.
My precious loves that left to quickly, Peanut, Katie
Isabella, Kiwi, Bonnie and Monroe.

Spread your wings and glide free of pain,
Until the day I see you again.

God speed my precious angels. I love you. Mama.
Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: SugarBlossoms] #836222
09/10/09 06:18 PM
09/10/09 06:18 PM
Sycamore Illinois
Karin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Karin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Sycamore Illinois
I am so happy to see that for Dash heart and even more so, that he is still doing great!!!

Peggy, how is his leg doing? Does he still have issues or did that go away?

Karin

Miss Lily and Bud
Prada and Armani
Tessa, Deuce and Cami

Tira and Misu angel Deja and Vu

Glider Daydreams

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...It is about learning to
dance in the rain!"
Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Srlb] #836230
09/10/09 06:40 PM
09/10/09 06:40 PM

B
Beezer
Unregistered
Beezer
Unregistered
B

clap Good going - yea thumb Dasher - keep up the good work -

Sue
owned by

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Karin] #836236
09/10/09 06:54 PM
09/10/09 06:54 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Karin Dashers front left leg is doing perfectly fine now. I think Tim named it right on the head, after the xrays and all bones looked fine he said he may have hyperextended it that night before.

I'll have to get you pics of him soon.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Srlb] #836250
09/10/09 07:12 PM
09/10/09 07:12 PM
Vincennes, IN, USA
suggiemom1980 Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
suggiemom1980  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Vincennes, IN, USA
Awesome! Show's how good of a suggie mom you are!

Connie

812-890-9734, 24/7 Emergencies/Joey issues

SmallWorldSuggies

"The greater the challenge, the sweeter the reward"

"Glide free :rbridge: Silly "Ozball" Ozzie. You left us 11/21/12..way too soon. You're forever loved, remembered, missed."
Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: suggiemom1980] #836251
09/10/09 07:15 PM
09/10/09 07:15 PM
Sycamore Illinois
Karin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Karin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Sycamore Illinois
clap

Miss Lily and Bud
Prada and Armani
Tessa, Deuce and Cami

Tira and Misu angel Deja and Vu

Glider Daydreams

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...It is about learning to
dance in the rain!"
Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Karin] #836260
09/10/09 07:47 PM
09/10/09 07:47 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Peggy...
Are you feeding anything else with add'l calcium? If not, can you please ask Dr Tristan.. how Dashers levels are so great when he only receives approx .8:1 ?

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: ] #836261
09/10/09 07:48 PM
09/10/09 07:48 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Quote:

Peggy, how is his leg doing? Does he still have issues or did that go away?

What kind of leg issues was her having?

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: ] #836265
09/10/09 08:01 PM
09/10/09 08:01 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
Peggy...
Are you feeding anything else with add'l calcium?

No Kris, I do not. I add NO additional supplements to their diet.

As for his leg, the night before I was supposed to take him in I saw him on the bottom of the cage not using his leg at all. Just ONE FRONT leg. It was his left one. I thought for sure it was broken. I am always one to yell about long nails on gliders, just ask Alicia, she'll tell ya...well, looks like I lacked in that dept and this is why...Dr.T said he probably got his nail caught up on the pouch,and hyper extended it.
This was AFTER we did the xrays to see if it was broken, which thank God it was not. He said it would take a couple of weeks, as it was probably like a bad sprain to us, and yep, he was right. I believe all this is in the post when it all happened.

Kris, honestly, I have never worried about the calcium levels, my gliders have all come back with very good numbers in the past and when I have Sammie and Jester done on the 21st (Jester is going in to be neutered, so Sammie is going as well), I will be sure to post those results as well when they come in. That will be from a glider that is 2 years old and one that will be almost 3 months old.

Kris, you said you had blood work done since you switched over your diets, care to share your numbers with us and what you are feeding these days?

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Srlb] #836275
09/10/09 08:33 PM
09/10/09 08:33 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
Peggy, I thought you said you fed high-calcium fruits/veggies with the HPW to make up for lack of calcium in the HPW? Or were you just referring to supplements like calcium powder?

I'm glad your boy is doing well. wink

BTW, I posted Leda's blood results in my thread so you can see them. I've got to scan the other gliders' cal/phos results as well(they didn't get full blood panels...I didn't realize that til I got their paperwork yesterday, I thought getting a blood panel with bloodwork was a given. Guess not. :\ ).

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Guerita135] #836277
09/10/09 08:39 PM
09/10/09 08:39 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Im just talking about adding supplements Nicole. I dont add anything, I just give them their HPW, Veggies and fruits, even though most nights they never touch the fruits.

I seen the post, your vet didnt charge you for a full blood panel did she? Having the full blood panel might be able to shed light in other areas on why the Ca:P numbers are so off for you...going back to what Tim said and how he would check kidney function first with the numbers that are posted.

I know its expensive to have done, so you might want to call her and say excuse me...but I thought I paid for a full blood panel, what happend...? Ya know?

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Srlb] #836308
09/10/09 10:23 PM
09/10/09 10:23 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

I'm just bewildered at how they can be so good with only giving 0.8 :1... but that is why I'm not a vet. Please let us know what Tims says about that.

I feed my own slop... I was suppose to stop in today and pick it up but Spencer got sick at school... so I'll run down tomorrow and scan it... but they were (2 females that just weaned 2 joeys each about 2 weeks apart) 8.14-4.0 and their two mates 8.4-3.9 & 8.3-3.8.

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Srlb] #836341
09/10/09 11:28 PM
09/10/09 11:28 PM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
Originally Posted By: Srlb
I seen the post, your vet didnt charge you for a full blood panel did she?

I didn't even know that the price would be different. I thought that they just charge for the anesthesia and "lab work" and then they check whatever needs to be checked. However, I just checked the receipt and for Arby and Gollum to shows a $25 anesthisia fee and $10 for the calcium check and $10 for the phosphorous check. Hmmm...I don't remember Leda's receipt being like that...I'll have to go check it.

~Nicole~

Proudly enslaved by lots of silly suggies, 3 crazy kitties, a huffy hedgie, and a pretty puppy! grin
Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Guerita135] #836385
09/11/09 01:54 AM
09/11/09 01:54 AM
u.s.a.
the gliders angel Offline
Glider Addict
the gliders angel  Offline
Glider Addict

u.s.a.
do you use yogurt ever or not.

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: the gliders angel] #836389
09/11/09 02:11 AM
09/11/09 02:11 AM

S
ShyRascal
Unregistered
ShyRascal
Unregistered
S

Can anyone tell me about what it runs for a full blood work up? I've never had one done on any of my gliders so I don't really have an idea. Also do you think it's something that I should add on to my wellness checks or just when I think something might be going on. I have to admit I am curious as to what the Ca;Ph ratios are. But I don't want to do blood work just because I am curious.

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: ] #836394
09/11/09 03:16 AM
09/11/09 03:16 AM
Ohio
Guerita135 Offline
Glider Addict
Guerita135  Offline
Glider Addict

Ohio
I'm not sure what other vets charge, but mine charges $25 for the anesthesia and the cost of the bloodwork depends on what all you're getting done(I just found that out today, lol). To get the blood panel and to check the cal/phos for Leda was $39.50(plus the $25 for the anesthesia). To just check the cal:phos for Arby and Gollum was $20($10 for each test), plus the $25 for the anesthesia.

If you can afford to, it couldn't hurt to have bloodwork done once a year on the gliders, but, personally, I wouldn't do it any more then once a year unless needed because putting a glider under anesthesia and taking a good portion of their blood has gotta be hard on their wee little bodies. Or so I'd imagine...

~Nicole~

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Guerita135] #836395
09/11/09 04:06 AM
09/11/09 04:06 AM
Miami, Fl
reeny Offline
Glider Slave
reeny  Offline
Glider Slave

Miami, Fl
Mine charges $300 plus!

I just went back and read this page. Up feeding a joey seems to me Dasher's Ca++:Phos ratio looks great!

Gee seems like the HPW is doing the trick!

Yet you guys need to just keep rubbing salt in the wound.

Sorry but I get sick of all this [censored] guess I am just a little sleep deprived.

Last edited by reeny; 09/11/09 04:13 AM.

Reeny
&
"The Flower Patch Gang"

Blossom & Buttercup
Bella & Bug
Mona & Poppy
Hannah & Lucas
Petunia & Payton
Petals
Fiona & Fiorello
Lili & Tulip & Krinkles

www.moonovermiamigliders.com

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: reeny] #836404
09/11/09 06:22 AM
09/11/09 06:22 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Quote:
I'm just bewildered at how they can be so good with only giving 0.8 :1... but that is why I'm not a vet.

Kris, I am sorry YOU are having a hard time understanding that the diet I CHOOSE to feed is just fine for my gliders and they have a good blood reading. Where you get your 0.8:1 numbers is beyond me as you are not here at my home to see which veggies each cage gets and how much of each veggie each cage gets or how much of what each glider is eating, nor are you calculating in treats they may get.

Bottom line is I am following a diet that my vet feels comfortable with me feeding and obviously it is doing well without having to add in any extra supplements.

Every time I bring up about if we need to change anything in my diet, Tim will tell me why fix it if it isnt broken, and he is right.
If you never had blood work done while you were feeding the HPW diet, than how can you be for certain your numbers wouldnt have looked like mine? You cant, you can only guess they wouldnt.

I did not post this report to do anything more than to show Nicole that my numbers are fine feeding the HPW diet so that way she can share with her vet and possibly have her vet call Tim and discuss further options with her gliders if she chose to do so.

Quote:
do you use yogurt ever or not.

Karen, no I do not use yogurt. I have tried on many occasions with different flavors and my gliders choose not to eat it.

Nicole if that is all your vet charges you for a full blood panel, girl you are LUCKY!! Each one of my blood panels cost right at 200.00

Reeny hug2

Thank you for that. And yes the HPW IS doing the trick for my gliders. And you know what? Im not going to change a thing I am doing unless Tim ever tells me we need to make a change.

Call me when you can and let me know how that joey is doing and how YOU are doing girl. hug2

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Srlb] #836407
09/11/09 06:31 AM
09/11/09 06:31 AM
Garland, TX
Mel2mdl Offline
Glider Addict
Mel2mdl  Offline
Glider Addict

Garland, TX
Just want to add that diet is not all about Ca:P ratios. So much depends on how the body processess the food. People can't digest protien without fat or carbs. I just read on my vitamin bottle that too much vitamin A causes oesteoporosis in women.

You can have the perfect Ca ratio but if the glider is not processing it, it won't do any good. Peggy - thank you for sharing this.

Molly, son & husband:

Chairman Meow
Oscar & Thomas
Sam, Diego, Delilah, Delia :wfb:
Nevada, Noel
Marcel, Dakota, Latte
Dexter, Didi, Almond, Joy and Fitz
:grey:
Karl,Lenny,Jynxie,Chamille, Kee & Mr. Beans in my heart forever.
Teaching teenagers-part joy, part guerilla warfare! :rbridge:
Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Mel2mdl] #836430
09/11/09 08:13 AM
09/11/09 08:13 AM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Quote:
Kris, I am sorry YOU are having a hard time understanding that the diet I CHOOSE to feed is just fine for my gliders and they have a good blood reading. Where you get your 0.8:1 numbers is beyond me as you are not here at my home to see which veggies each cage gets and how much of each veggie each cage gets or how much of what each glider is eating, nor are you calculating in treats they may get.

I'm not having a hard time understanding the diet you feed Peggy... What I do have is a good question.. if you or anyone is only feeding 0.8 of cal to 1 pho ratio how is it possible for any glider to have proper ratios? That is my question, I am not a vet, kindly asked you to ask Dr Tristan... Looking at your numbers.. something is happening in the body for it to flip like that right? I am curious as you should be
as well.
I get my numbers from what you feed Peggy, no I'm not at your house but we have had many, many discussions about what you feed your gliders../ HPW mix and frozen veggies from a bag (uncalculating), you dont feed any yogurt, add'l calcium so that gives an approx .08:1 ratio.

Reeny, not sure what you mean about salt in wounds?

Guys this is not anything about Peggy? I am sorry if you have been convinced otherwise.. it is not! Simply it's about diets. PERIOD.. no witch hunt going on . Any diet that is not balanced needs to be looked at.. just because its me looking at it doesnt make it a witch hunt. Maybe everyone needs to just read the actual post and ignore the screen name from which it came from. This is not about people, this is about our gliders. BML has been trampled on, tossed over, dissected several times, if I asked Bourbon these same questions, I guarantee you no one would be thinking I was on a witch hunt. Point.. NAMES DO NOT MATTER TO ME!

My vet charges me $65.00 for a full panel.

Molly, I 110% agree with you! CA:PH ratios is not all.. the entire diet needs to be balanced!

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: ] #836446
09/11/09 08:58 AM
09/11/09 08:58 AM
Texas
Jackie_Chans_Mom Offline
Glider Addict
Jackie_Chans_Mom  Offline
Glider Addict

Texas
My vet charges $87.60 for a blood panel.

I have seen many, many posts here and on other boards where Peggy comments that she feeds additional foods - cucumber, squash, macaroni & Cheese, mashed potato, and green pepper come to mind immediately as I participated in discussions where she posted about feeding them and them being safe for gliders to have (not all of them are safe to have every day, but that is another discussion). So, I feel confident that Peggy does not ONLY feed what Kris has posted above.

When people ask me what diet I feed, I give the simple version because it is easier than explaining that 2-3 days per week I feed chicken, eggs, turkey, yogurt with wombaroo mixed in, OR shrimp along with veggies, fruit, and a few other added bits of "treat" type food (i.e. macaroni & cheese). Additionally, I sometimes make my mix with SAM-e and other times with vitamin E and other times with one juice other times another. This can get very complicated and difficult for someone to follow, so I just give the simple, easy to say version. (unless they are new to gliders or are seriously considering feeding my diet - then I make sure they understand that the recipe I give is the basics, that they still have to research and that they have to do the work every day to make sure it is balanced & that they are responsible for understanding what their gliders need and what they enjoy and will eat) I believe that this is what Peggy does when she is asked what she feeds - just give the simple version. If anyone thought that I ONLY feed what I list in my recipe, they would be mistaken, but it would be easy to tell based on reading my posts. Just like it is easy for me to tell that Peggy feeds many other things based on her posts. smile

Last edited by Jackie_Chans_Mom; 09/11/09 09:24 AM.

~~ Val B ~~ 806-803-0318
Daily giving the abused, unloved, unwanted and neglected SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN

PLEASE COMPLETE YOUR SUGAR GROUP SURVEYS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Jackie_Chans_Mom] #836456
09/11/09 09:37 AM
09/11/09 09:37 AM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Val, yes I am sure Peggy like everyone feds add'l items like squash etc.. however through my numerous conversations with Peggy of her detailed diet, she only feeds these add'l items sparsely, the equivalent of a treat which would not make up the difference of her calculations. I can quote Peggy several times saying "Kris, why are you worrying about this, I feed the same thing to my gliders everyday"

So, I am still left with the question of.. if your not feeding proper ratio's how is the blood work adequate? This question is for everyone on any diet? Maybe there is a logical answer. I am not a vet so I dont know.

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: ] #836470
09/11/09 10:07 AM
09/11/09 10:07 AM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Good Grief…

Kris, obviously I am not feeding a diet that only consists of 0.8:1 ratio. The blood work alone shows that.

ANYTIME someone has asked me and I will say it again and you can go back and quote me all you would like is….

Mixed Veggies, for the past several years I have fed the mixed frozen veggies. This contains corn, green beans, carrots, and peas.
Fruits, I have always offered Honeydew Melon, Cantaloupe and papaya, sometimes gala apples. However, I will say it yet again, my gliders very very seldom eat their fruits.

However, I also give treats and I will add in a few things every now and then, be it cucumbers, bell peppers, etc. (lets not forget I have also told people when I scramble my eggs I always add a bit of milk to it.)

Kris, Alicia has been to my home several times, she can verify what I feed. Why it works, I cant answer that for you, I am not a nutritionist nor can I tell you exactly how the body of a sugar glider processes its food. All I can tell you , is it obviously works for me and my gliders. Maybe you should ask your vet about it.

I have ALWAYS told people to discuss their diet with their vets. If you do not feel comfortable feeding the diet, I tell them DON’T FEED IT.

Quote:
I am sorry if you have been convinced otherwise

LOL!! Nobody has been *convinced* of anything Kris. Nobody is claiming it’s a witch hunt.

Quote:
if I asked Bourbon these same questions, I guarantee you no one would be thinking I was on a witch hunt.

MANY MANY times over the years when BML was questioned people would say it was just someone trying to go after Bourbon. And I have no issues at all answering questions. One thing people DO have to keep in mind though is when someone says “this is what I feed” that does NOT mean that everyone that reads that and chooses to use the same type of diet you are feeding will follow what you have stated. I know many folks that feed the HPW diet and feed many more different foods than I do. Because once again, I always say, TALK TO YOUR vet.

Again, this thread was made in hopes that Nicole and others would see that two people feeding the same diet are having different readings on blood work and that it may NOT be the diet after all that is affecting Nicole’s gliders. Nothing more, nothing less.

Nicole, please share this with your vet and once again, maybe they will be able to call Tristan and come up with something else to look at.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Srlb] #836503
09/11/09 12:12 PM
09/11/09 12:12 PM
Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
B
Bourbon Offline
Serious Glideritis
Bourbon  Offline
Serious Glideritis
B

Bee-Bopping round SnakePit USA
Peggy, The question Kris was asking brings up very interesting things that should put the ... hmmmm i don't know.. or something, I personally would love to know what tim thinks about that..

The first thing I do when I speak to someone regarding diets especially the HPW these days.. is first to remove all personal.. so with that being done.. maybe someone else should have said...

"Peggy I have a question... if I was feeding a glider a diet... any diet.. that the rations balanced out to .9:1 how would the numbers be a 2:1 ratio in the blood work."

this question WAS posed to me, the answers are not cut and dry, just as I told them.. there is many reasons why the figures would be different and maybe an area there hasn't been a lot of research done in, should be.

for starts each glider metabolizes their nutrients differently, the process is the same, but the processing of those nutrients are based on a lot of things..

variables, variables, variables.

to keep this short, dr derenfield, suggested a gliders doesn't metabolize calcium the same as other mammals, in fact she actually was leaning her research to the cave bats who had no added calcium source.

***IF*** this is the case, that actually would be a kudos for the HPW, a diet that actually allows the gliders to process their calcium and phosphorus more naturally than with supplementation..

the different fruits and veggies that you feed, vs what others do could also change the way the calcium and phosphorus is process.

In nicoles case I do believe this is not entirely "diet" related in the specifics of it is the HPW, but more in the what all is being fed as a whole or what has been introduced to the food or air, that may be a huge contributing factor, whether it is the giardia, bacterial, or a toxin.

Which in essence, if it were any of the above, it would also change the way her gliders are also processing the nutrients through their system. The liver and Kidneys are filters, and if those filters are affected so is the rest of the body.

just because a test comes up negative doesn't always mean it is cleared or should be totally eliminated. Just as was said before, it just means we need to find another way to detect things..

giardia- fecal floats have been used for years, sometimes producing false negatives- now we have the snap tests, which although available wasn't used enough in the past.

Bacterial infections, although bacterial c&s have been run, bacteria has still been known to be the cause of death, could that bacterial be diagnosed in other ways.

aflatoxin, we are still looking for ways to feasibly test for that-elisa test available, but not widely used

we still have many vets out there that really do misread slides, misdiagnose HLP symptoms by first saying it is caused by diet.

many hurdles to overcome, and many questions that are still left unanswered... not just with Nicoles glider, but many gliders out there.

Suz had a glider Mambo, that was tested for both giaria, as well as bacterial, both tests come up negative multiple times.. on the necropsy, both were still found in large abundances.

In a perfect world, we can look at individual things, we are far from a perfect world, it is things like this that gives us ALL the opportunity to learn more.

edited to add:

I do believe that anyone who is feeding HPW who has any concerns should "NOT" be waiting for other figures, they too should check their own gliders bloodwork, due to the many variables that each person has on their own.

Peggy, you said you DON't feed a diet that has that ratio, so just curiosity, what are they missing, in the various "personal" analysis, that would be different from your? is it something that each personal can alter in their diet to make their figures similar to yours? barring other variables, illness, etc.. ?

If the HPW "diet" not just the mix, hasn't been broken down before as it is now, this is a great opportunity for you to fine tune it, for others so it is more balanced.

"learning curves"

Last edited by Bourbon; 09/11/09 12:29 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Srlb] #836505
09/11/09 12:20 PM
09/11/09 12:20 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Quote:
Why it works, I cant answer that for you

Thank you Peggy for answering me.. Yes, I have put a call into my vet, several vets actually.. would you mind also asking Tim how a diet (any diet) not balanced to 2:1 could produce 2:1 results?

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: ] #836506
09/11/09 12:26 PM
09/11/09 12:26 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

and no I wasnt thinking you have some ancient chinese or ninja secret that you aren't sharing. LOL

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: ] #836508
09/11/09 12:35 PM
09/11/09 12:35 PM
St. Johns, Florida
Srlb Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
Srlb  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

St. Johns, Florida
Yes Kris, I will ask him, however, just to let you know, he will be more than willing to talk with you as well. If not when you call, he is pretty good about calling folks back to answer questions. thumb

Kris, have you had a chance to look up the nutritional differences in the honey? If so, do you have the figures on what is the difference between BeeFarm honey and store bought processed honey? Alicia found a really interesting article and I will also be asking Tim what his thoughts are on that as well. However, I wish we had an actual Nutrionalist to work with as that is what they go to school for. ohwell

Bourbon, good post.

Peggy
Critter Love

Re: Dashers Blood Report [Re: Srlb] #836513
09/11/09 12:42 PM
09/11/09 12:42 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

I have compared the differences in honey raw vs pasteurized and filtered, I can pull that back up! I read the article you are referring to a while back during the "honey days" LOL

Quote:
However, I wish we had an actual Nutrionalist to work with as that is what they go to school for. ohwell

I'm PMing with Amie she's still in school but knows a lot!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 378 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,600 TEXAS
679,086 OHIO
487,178 OKLAHOMA
432,185 UTAH
321,703 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024