Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Reinventing the Wheel #868688
11/18/09 03:23 PM
11/18/09 03:23 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
For some time now I have been wanting to make this post and lately after looking around I decided I would. In the near future I will be making what I think will be a very cool post that will show the progress of GliderCENTRAL though the years. It will show how and why GliderCENTRAL was started and how it used to be. Basically, it was started as a central hub, linking to other sites while having the links database and other resources.

I see more and more sites trying to reinvent the wheel, and I am ok with that, but in some areas I wonder why. I know some sites have started because the rules here at GliderCENTRAL are too restrictive. That is perfectly fine, and some of them have proven to be valuable to the community in various ways, and I am happy to see that.

We have sat back for a while now watching to see if the community can get things together and work everything out. That isn't happening and is getting worse. Most care more about popularity than the glider. We have found the sites we can work with, and we wish to include more. Examples: The Millbreeder Project(specializes in millbreeders) TGI(specializes in Education and Outreach) VCA (glider vet assistance) just to name a few. These are sites that are not reinventing the wheel, but dedicated to new avenues that can be brought to the community.

What really does bother me is in the area of the links and resources that have been in place for years. We have had a links database since 1999. We have had vets, diets, breeders etc. It is growing everyday. The thing about our links system is, it is a database. You fill out a few fields and its there, and the owner can edit it whenever they want. You can leave reviews to help future viewers with your experiences with a vendor, breeder, vet, etc. It is not like some of the sites I have seen, were they copy the info and add it to their site using html coding. Its not like GC takes the credit for the links. Every link gets linked to the original source to obtain the information!!! All we are doing and have been doing for 10 years is hosting a central place to find the information.

What bothers me about this is a few things. The copying of information instead of linking to the original source! Why can this or is this a problem? Imagine 100 sites all doing their own vet database lets say. Maybe only 20 of those sites are updated and the other 80 aren't. Someone does a search on the internet for sugar glider vets. They may get to the 80 that are not updated. Why is it so hard for the community to see the benefits of having a central place for sugar glider vets, breeder, etc. By having a central place for vets and linking to it, the information would be updated much more. People searching will get the updated data and as a whole would in turn prove to help the community and future glider owners.

It does not help one bit if we have a zillion places for info like this. By having too many, info on most get outdated, not kept up with due to time it takes to pluck through html coding. I will not name sites, but I have seen blatant copying from us instead of linking to an already developed database, an already developed place with resources because of trying to reinvent the wheel. I have two diets that I added by request by the person(s) who wrote them. I was the only person asked, the first person to put them on the web. The best way to get those diets out was to place them in the links database. Here is the thing, not once was I ever asked to copy that info. But instead of certain sites linking to the links database, they copied off one of my sites and add it to their own.

This goes on and on and not just with vets, but diets, our name database, and so forth. If we really want to get this community back the way it was years ago, and be here for one reason, the gliders, and providing accurate, up to date information, and new information we need to work together, not against each other.

I am not saying and will never say, one site has to be the biggest and best. Just about every site is beneficial in many ways. What I am asking is why try to reinvent something over and over that is already in place and is not only fully functional but easier to use and has many features?

This community as a whole will never get stronger until we all put our petty differences aside and get back to why we all came to the internet for research and choose to stay to educate and that is the gliders.

We need to unite or things will continue to spiral further and further from what the community was started for 10 years ago. A community is many sites, not just one, owners both state side and abroad. A community works together and leans on each others resources, not copy and try to reinvent.

Am I the only one who sees this happening? Many have stated I should post more, and I said I would. I will always speak the truth and the truth is, things are getting worse.

What will it take to stop and pull together and stop working against each other, or groups working against each other?

Can we change to better the gliders we have now and the future of sugar glider education?

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching!
Current Research, Studies & Resources
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: gliderdad79] #868708
11/18/09 04:04 PM
11/18/09 04:04 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
Eddie I think many of us are working together, although I do feel we do have some "bad apples" I don't think we will ever be able to rid ourselves of them.

Many of us all have strong personalities and lets face it, we cant all be g rated. We NEED other places to go so we can be ourselves. I know I personally am on three different sugar glider forums and I use all three of them very differently. I dont think this "separates" us or makes us work against each other.

Valorie and our 10 fur children

RIP Mary Kate
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: MizValorie] #868722
11/18/09 04:27 PM
11/18/09 04:27 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Yes i know and as I said, that is ok and great. I stated many sites have started because of restrictions here and have proven to be valuable.

I am talking more about resources already in place such as the links database. A place thats been here for 10 years!! Instead of everyone using it to enter links, add vets, link to organizations they are just copying the info and replicating it on their site.

No, there will always be bad apples, but if we work together in collecting data and linking to the resources from one place we will get the information and education out faster.

Eddie

In the Tropics somewhere between the port of indecision and southeast of disorder!

"Great people talk about ideas. Average people talk about things. Small people talk about other people."

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: MizValorie] #868724
11/18/09 04:41 PM
11/18/09 04:41 PM
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Upstate, SC
clap
I believe I see exactly where Eddie is coming from. I too, like Valorie, belong to several differnt glider forums. And use each one VERY differently as well. What I get out of this post, is that Eddie does NOT have a problem with the existence of these other forums. It's the database info he is referring to.
Quote:
I am not saying and will never say, one site has to be the biggest and best. Just about every site is beneficial in many ways. What I am asking is why try to reinvent something over and over that is already in place and is not only fully functional but easier to use and has many features?

This sentence in red is referring to the re-inventing of the database, not in re-inventing forums thumb ...

Quote:
The copying of information instead of linking to the original source!

YES! If you have your own database, link to the sources, instead of storing the info on your site. Makes sense...

Quote:
A community is many sites, not just one, owners both state side and abroad. A community works together and leans on each others resources, not copy and try to reinvent.

I quoted these exerpts that I think explain how we can all work together, and still happily exist apart. I think they are saying that we can all (different glider forums)have our own places, without re-inventing the core information database! Just link to what is already there smile Hey Eddie, how about creating a simple link, on this thread, for other boards to use as a LINK instead of a cut & paste of info? For those that don't want to create a new database, but share the wealth of knowledge already put together here? thumb

Just my humble opinion, working together with Eddie's comments.

*Whatever I said, I said it with a Smile*

wave Sari

:grey:Sugar:grey:Nibbles:grey:Destiny

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Suggie Smart Mart *Home of The Hippie Pouch & Suggie Chandelier
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: gliderdad79] #868730
11/18/09 04:58 PM
11/18/09 04:58 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Very well said, Eddie, and long over due.

This is a conversation you and I have had many times for several years now. We have watched and waited hoping to see the glider community come together as we saw some boards that seemed to pull us apart disappear, but that hasn't happened.

The links, as you have pointed out, is a perfect example. It is rare we deny anyone permission to link to information on GliderCENTRAL for their site. The hard work has been done, and we do our best to keep it current. Why not take advantage of that by linking rather than simply copying information that will not stay current?

There are so many glider related issues, they simply cannot be addressed in one place. It is just too overwhelming.

Your Sugar Glider Resource Center
Sugar Glider Help

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: SariYappa] #868744
11/18/09 05:33 PM
11/18/09 05:33 PM
Sherman, Texas
MizValorie Offline
Glider Addict
MizValorie  Offline
Glider Addict

Sherman, Texas
Oh I see.

Originally Posted By: SariYappa
Hey Eddie, how about creating a simple link, on this thread, for other boards to use as a LINK instead of a cut & paste of info? For those that don't want to create a new database, but share the wealth of knowledge already put together here? thumb

I like this idea!

Valorie and our 10 fur children

RIP Mary Kate
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: MizValorie] #868748
11/18/09 05:41 PM
11/18/09 05:41 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Its not to link to this post. What I am talking about is things like diets, vets, etc. Click on these words and it goes right to the database. Instead of everyone posting the diet on there page. Link to the diet page, link to the vet database.

Eddie

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: gliderdad79] #868752
11/18/09 05:49 PM
11/18/09 05:49 PM
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Upstate, SC
Originally Posted By: gliderdad79
Its not to link to this post. What I am talking about is things like diets, vets, etc. Click on these words and it goes right to the database. Instead of everyone posting the diet on there page. Link to the diet page, link to the vet database.

Eddie, Thanks for the clarification. I didn't mean to link to this thread tounge
Is there not a database index page, where you begin to link to all this wonderful information?

wave Sari

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: SariYappa] #868768
11/18/09 06:14 PM
11/18/09 06:14 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Yes there is. We have it in the header under links button. and can be found here

http://www.glidercentral.net/links/pages/.

Each word like diet is linked to the diet section in the database found here

http://www.glidercentral.net/links/pages/Sugar_Glider_Care___Information/Diet___Nutrition/index.html

vets can be found here

http://www.glidercentral.net/links/pages/Sugar_Glider_Vet_Database/index.html

breeders here

http://www.glidercentral.net/links/pages/Sugar_Glider_Breeder_Database/index.html

And many many more. Look at the http://www.millbreederproject.com/website. The have a vet button and it links to this vet database and a button for diets and it links to this diet database. That what I am talking about on this aspect

Eddie

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: SariYappa] #868772
11/18/09 06:19 PM
11/18/09 06:19 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

I will certainly do more linking.. I think some, myself included are always a little paranoid over GC rules.. What is allowed, not allowed etc.. and honestly I wasnt sure how you felt about linking diet to other boards.. Everyone knows I am one of the owners on SGN.. I did our diet section and trust me.. I would have much rather did link to the database here.. but I thought I would get in trouble LOL... I should have asked though, that's my fault.. good to know for the future!

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: ] #868775
11/18/09 06:23 PM
11/18/09 06:23 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Quote:
Am I the only one who sees this happening? Many have stated I should post more, and I said I would. I will always speak the truth and the truth is, things are getting worse.

You are not alone Eddie!

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: ] #868780
11/18/09 06:40 PM
11/18/09 06:40 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Thank you Kris, the link was approved. It never hurts to ask, what hurts more is not asking and not getting the info out.

We approve each link and review and if we see a problem, we will contact the person who submitted the link so it can be corrected wink

Really, we don't bite!! lol

Eddie

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: gliderdad79] #868781
11/18/09 06:44 PM
11/18/09 06:44 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
Originally Posted By: gliderdad79
Really, we don't bite!! lol

We heard that roflmao

Sugar Glider Help

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: KarenE] #868786
11/18/09 06:50 PM
11/18/09 06:50 PM
Long Island, NY
gliderdad79 Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous
gliderdad79  Offline OP
Glideritis Anonymous

Long Island, NY
Well, I know I don't but I cannot and will not speak for another. So with that being said I'd watch out for Karen blush

Eddie

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: KarenE] #868787
11/18/09 06:52 PM
11/18/09 06:52 PM

B
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
BabyLoveGliders
Unregistered
B

Well I know that NOW!! Thanks Eddie.. took your advise and got it in! Also doing some rating! That section really needs to be used more.. it's wonderful!

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: ] #868797
11/18/09 07:13 PM
11/18/09 07:13 PM
Upstate, SC
SariYappa Offline
Serious Glideritis
SariYappa  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Upstate, SC
Isn't it Kris? I didn't even know it EXISTED until a few weeks ago a GC member complained it wasn't updated... and NOW look! roflmao

wave Sari

Rapid Runner *Sold Out!

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: ] #868804
11/18/09 07:22 PM
11/18/09 07:22 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
Well, yes - sometimes you DO bite!

I'm with Kris! Although the GC rules are spelled out, and I am frequently given the opportunity to re-read them (especially when I violate one!) the rules are subject to interpretation. On more than one occasion, I've been sent a "you violated Rule X" notice, which always includes a copy of said rule, and I reread the rule, and don't really "see" the violation.

I don't argue. I accept that I've gotten my hand slapped, frequently for reasons I don't understand. And then I get the "if you do it one more time you'll be banned" message. And I accept that.

However, since I'm rarely sure of how I violate Rules, my response to being "warned" is to post less and less. On more than one occasion, when I've asked exactly how I violated a rule - for my own clarification - I'm told to stop questioning (often seen as arguing), and just accept it.

Having said all that - and getting back to what Kris said - my own experience is that it is best NOT to ask. And it is further best to just assume that anything remotely out of the ordinary daily operations is NOT allowed. It wouldn't occur to me, should I have a site, to link, and it certainly wouldn't occur to me to ask if I could.

Just saying ... you want to create an atmosphere of unity and cooperation, but much of what *I* have seen directly opposes such an atmosphere.

Ok - my hand is out. Slap away.

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: ValkyrieMome] #868808
11/18/09 07:37 PM
11/18/09 07:37 PM
Springfield/Eugene, OR
kitsune Offline
Glider Slave
kitsune  Offline
Glider Slave

Springfield/Eugene, OR
I have to agree with Alden...I have been here for 6 years, since 2003, and most of my friends use me as a glider encyclopedia, I feel like I have a lot to offer in the way of good information and tidbits of many things that have been lost to time and the cycling of old members for new, but I don't feel comfortable posting very often anymore because I often am told I have broken a rule that doesn't even seem to fit the violation. I have to admit, I have stopped even reading warnings because I already know it won't make any sense to me. Maybe it's just me?

I understand catering to new members, but it seems like it's gotten to the point where new members are the focus of this place and old members just aren't allowed the respect they deserve, so they leave. A forum like this has great potential, but lately I have seen much of that potential go to waste because of the lack of experienced members that can deal with the environment created. My PMs have been suspended for a year now, how is that benefiting anyone? I've never been known to harass anyone via PM.

Last edited by kitsune; 11/18/09 07:41 PM.

Beth

mlove Glide free :rbridge: :bb: Dimitri and Tegan :wfb: :rbridge: and right-side up! mlove
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: kitsune] #868811
11/18/09 07:52 PM
11/18/09 07:52 PM
LittleRock, AR USA
KarenE Offline
Owner
KarenE  Offline
Owner

LittleRock, AR USA
This needs to be brought back on topic.

Kitsune, I will only say that you know full well your PMs were not suspended because you were harassing anyone. If you wish to take this matter to PM with me and Eddie, we are available.

Sugar Glider Help

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: KarenE] #868813
11/18/09 07:55 PM
11/18/09 07:55 PM
Springfield/Eugene, OR
kitsune Offline
Glider Slave
kitsune  Offline
Glider Slave

Springfield/Eugene, OR
I'd love to Karen, but you'll have to PM me first. I have been told repeatedly that it's pointless to even talk to you about it though.

Beth

mlove Glide free :rbridge: :bb: Dimitri and Tegan :wfb: :rbridge: and right-side up! mlove
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: kitsune] #868817
11/18/09 08:01 PM
11/18/09 08:01 PM
Denton, TX
ValkyrieMome Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
ValkyrieMome  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Denton, TX
I'm sorry - I thought that the topic was uniting the glider community, and why can't we all work together.

Eddie asked why no one asked him - and I answered from my point of view as to why.

If that isn't the topic, perhaps it is like the Rules, and I require further clarification?

Alden
"Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally speaking, they are ignored." Alice Walker

Mom to Valhalla; 6 cats; 1 macaw; 2 hedgehogs;
and very many great gliders!

(plus the 2 skin kids)
valkyriegliders.com

Kyrie, nothing will ever fill the hole you left in my heart.
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: kitsune] #868818
11/18/09 08:02 PM
11/18/09 08:02 PM
North Fort Worth - TX
jacknsally Offline
Glider Addict
jacknsally  Offline
Glider Addict

North Fort Worth - TX
Are you asking that other forums link from their site to the links area here on GC? Or are you asking that they have the links available with a word of interest like GC has?

Ñancy
~Always on my mind & in my heart Jack, Sally & Serenity~

Mobmilli's Boutique
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: jacknsally] #868834
11/18/09 08:29 PM
11/18/09 08:29 PM
Michigan
G
gliderma Offline
Serious Glideritis
gliderma  Offline
Serious Glideritis
G

Michigan
I have a web site that I feel is very informative. I have a page with many links, including to GC that I believe others would find helpful. I have a page about HPW because that is what I use and I have included safe fruits & veggies as well to make it easy for people to see at a glance. I did not copy from anyone as it is the diet that was given to me when I first got gliders. My site is not a forum, but an informational site that also has toy making supplies and occassional joey's available. I too, did not realize I could have linked directly to the GC data. And I have to say I have had my hand slapped a few times myself for reasons I don't fully understand, but it's not my board and I didn't make the rules, which I sometimes have a hard time adhering too! But I will still be here, trying!thumb

Lynn Martel
616-272-4374
989-400-5686
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: gliderma] #868840
11/18/09 08:45 PM
11/18/09 08:45 PM
conway south carolina/ us
heidi Offline
Glider Slave
heidi  Offline
Glider Slave

conway south carolina/ us
i only belong to gc i feel it is verry helpfull and everyone always ancers my questions without haveing me link or click here and there and yoe im new i dont even have my gliders yet but ive found everyone verry friendly and helpfull please just keep up the good worl i do love this forum

"promise me you'll always remeber:you're braver than you believe,and stronger than you seem,and smarter than you think" christopher robin to pooh
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: heidi] #868910
11/18/09 10:59 PM
11/18/09 10:59 PM
Mims, Florida, USA
hushpuppy Offline
Glider Slave
hushpuppy  Offline
Glider Slave

Mims, Florida, USA
I've got to say that I disagree with some of what has been said here. I’ve had my hand tapped a few times when I accidently posted something that was against the rules. It was just a reminder, of the rules not a death sentence.

I’ve privately thanked KarenE for the wonderful job they do here. But it is time that I stepped up to the plate and said it publicly. I for one appreciate the fact that GC has good solid rules and that they are applied equally to everyone. This is a good, clean, well run board, and the GC staff handles problems professionally and they do what is in the best interest of the gliders. I can’t ask for much more than that.

The few times that I’ve needed anything, the staff has been there for me and they’ve gone above and beyond to help.

I completely understand what Eddie is saying. I’m sure that the folks here feel just like the rest of us do when we work very hard to on something and someone takes that and uses it like it was their own. They simply want people to respect their work and use a link instead on pasting into their own forum. That is the polite thing to do.

Anita Rae
StealthWheels, MagnumWheels and more at Atticworx

Play with us on Facebook

Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: hushpuppy] #868929
11/18/09 11:27 PM
11/18/09 11:27 PM
80 acres of paradise in KS
Dancing Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Dancing  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

80 acres of paradise in KS
I believe that some "newbies" either don't know they CAN link to GC's data bases, don't know HOW to link them OR they want their own site to be THE site. It seems like they want to appear as the all knowing even if that means copying info instead of linking to it or RESEARCHING and posting their OWN conclusions. (college days training won't let me just copy, you'd get expelled for that)

There are some boards that started off with good and appropriate intentions but have hurt the community much more than they ever helped. I don't go to other boards anymore at all because of the sharks and the back biting done in the name of "free speach". I'm still on GC because that sort of thing is not tolerated on here. (99.9% of the time) But like Alden, I'm often confused as to how the rules are intrepeted and I hesitate to post anymore.

Even though you (Eddie and Karen) don't see it, things have really changed here on GC even since the time when I was a mod. The atmosphere is very different than it was when I joined. The "old timers" (the ones that were considered "old timers" when I joined) are mostly gone now or not posting. New people want to argue everything if they don't get the answers they want (ok so that isn't really different) but when the (newer) "old timers" stand their ground, they get their hands slapped for not being friendly enough. It gets frustraiting and it is easier not to post.

I'm still a GC supporter and still believe this is THE best place for information. I'm just concerned that the "old timers" will go away and their knowledge will be lost to us all.

620-704-9109
Judge not until you have walked in their shoes and lived their lives. What you see online is only part of the story.

I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears.
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: Dancing] #868943
11/18/09 11:48 PM
11/18/09 11:48 PM
Kansas
queenduck Offline
Serious Glideritis
queenduck  Offline
Serious Glideritis

Kansas
Quote:
I'm still a GC supporter and still believe this is THE best place for information. I'm just concerned that the "old timers" will go away and their knowledge will be lost to us all.

I agree that GC is the best place for information. I wouldn't ever try to duplicate it all. I know on SGN we only added diet information because Linda offered to do it, and then it was later reorganized just for flow. We added limited board member vet information at someone's request. When I have time, or Kris or Karin can do it, we can add a link to GC links to those areas.

SGN isn't an education and information board, not even a board for newbies wanting to research. It's just a place we can hang and get to know eachother with less restriction. I would hate to think anyone thought it was a place for division. That is not my intention or goal.

I think each board serves its own purpose.

I am an old timer and never plan to leave GC. I rarely offer advise here anymore because usually 2 to 3 others have offered the same advice before I got to the post. This was my first home and without it I would have rehomed my gliders years ago. I have learned so much here. There are lots of us old timers that will never leave.

Alicia aka Queenduck, Bentley's Nana

We need role models who are going to break the mold ~ Carly Simon
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: queenduck] #869026
11/19/09 02:05 AM
11/19/09 02:05 AM
Sycamore Illinois
Karin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
Karin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Sycamore Illinois
I honestly think the only comparison to GliderCENTRAL could be Glider Gossip as far as a board to go to for beginner information. Most find these two boards first, and if you ask me, an old timer read , there is no comparison. JMO Most other boards link GC to a newer member seeking help, should they find their way over and need diet, bonding, etc. help. At least that has been my observation for ages.

Old timers, as was referred to previously, who have truly stayed the course with the glider as their foremost priority, are still active here. There is new info to be learned every day. It's only those who have pursued other agendas that find themselves turned off by so-called *other* boards. GC is pretty cut and dried with their rules, all you have to do is follow them smile .

Honestly Teresa, I was a Mod long before you, and just recently stepped down, and the only difference I see is there are ALOT more members with different ideas and ALOT more gliders being sold ie: the (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets style, who confuse with so much conflicting info. I love it the newer members ask questions which lead to other avenues not yet explored. I think it's great! You will always have those who seek to be recognized, but that is just life dunno . It's not hard to figure out who is in it for a purpose other than the glider.

GC will always be the go-to place for those just venturing to the community, and even those old timers who have new pertinent info to share. I guess I am not sure what you are asking? (I guess that is the right word) Eddie? (stop giggling at me)

Karin

Last edited by Karin; 11/19/09 02:11 AM.

Miss Lily and Bud
Prada and Armani
Tessa, Deuce and Cami

Tira and Misu angel Deja and Vu

Glider Daydreams

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...It is about learning to
dance in the rain!"
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: Karin] #869050
11/19/09 06:24 AM
11/19/09 06:24 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
gee and i thought this was about a new exercise wheel...

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Reinventing the Wheel [Re: JillMarie] #869054
11/19/09 07:07 AM
11/19/09 07:07 AM
Red Oak Texas
anjill_tree Offline
Glider Guardian
anjill_tree  Offline
Glider Guardian

Red Oak Texas
THats where the DOMAIN PROJECT can help too.
Bourbon has a dream, and some others and I have put up some money to purchase Websites. These websites will link to each other. WE ALL AT SOME POINT LINK TOGETHER
No matter where the newbie goes, it will send them to the right information. ( not (PPP) Perfect Pocket Pets information )

You all know, we have differences, but, we all bring something to glider community. We are a Glider family already. And families don't always agree, right? But, we still care for them, and help them.

So, example, On domain project, will have the link to GC's informationand take them there. The whole glider community can be a part of this. WE CAN ALL LINK TOGETHER.

I hope I said that right.

Cathy Hart

Support Aspergers and Autism Research, help put the pieces together.
www.hartlandsugargliders.com
cathyhart2texas@yahoo.com
469-964-4152
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 379 guests, and 83 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,551 TEXAS
679,068 OHIO
487,134 OKLAHOMA
432,138 UTAH
321,663 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024