Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Bra bonding? #933303
04/20/10 11:18 PM
04/20/10 11:18 PM

S
SavannaRenae
Unregistered
SavannaRenae
Unregistered
S

Hi, my name is Savanna. I'm soon to be a new joey owner. I have been reading through different website and these forums and I'm just not sure I understand what bra bonding is. I've read a couple places where they have mention it but none of them really explain it. So basically its just a small bonding pouch attacted to your bra? Is it more effective then regular carried bonding pouches? I guess I'm just not sure exactly how its done.

Re: Bra bonding? [Re: ] #933307
04/20/10 11:27 PM
04/20/10 11:27 PM
Lisle, Illinois
SugareeErin Offline
Glider Addict
SugareeErin  Offline
Glider Addict

Lisle, Illinois
Some people carry their bra babies in a little pouch, others just place them in a sports bra either doubled up or directly on their skin. Gliders all have their own preferences where/how they like to stay in the bra lol.

It is a great way to bond because it gets your glider a little closer to you and your scent, and they like to hear your heartbeat.

It will take some practice if they are not already bra trained, you can start with a pouch, then move to a blankie in a sports bra. When I start bra training I wrap the blankie around them like a pouch and stuff them in smile Give them some treats and eventually they will settle right in for a nap!

:leu: Sugaree Gliders :rtmo:

Simba, Nala, Rain, Snow & Sugaree

Shadowdancer, Sugar Magnolia, Sunshine Daydream, Winter, Twinkle, Twilight, Everlette, Sparkle, Polar Bear, Indigo & Willow

Re: Bra bonding? [Re: SugareeErin] #933311
04/20/10 11:36 PM
04/20/10 11:36 PM

S
SavannaRenae
Unregistered
SavannaRenae
Unregistered
S

Oh okay, so when your using a pouch, do you clip the pouches to the outside of bra then?

Re: Bra bonding? [Re: ] #933314
04/20/10 11:45 PM
04/20/10 11:45 PM

J
jennifer
Unregistered
jennifer
Unregistered
J

Yes, attach the clips to your bra straps and hang in front of your bra smile

Re: Bra bonding? [Re: ] #933316
04/20/10 11:48 PM
04/20/10 11:48 PM

J
jennifer
Unregistered
jennifer
Unregistered
J

I have 1 bra baby, I dont even put her in a bra pouch, (but I always carry it with me just incase) My other little girl wants nothing to do with getting in my shirt, unless its a pocket, so she goes in the bonding pouch... She is very nosey and I dont trust her enough to stay with me.

Re: Bra bonding? [Re: ] #933322
04/20/10 11:57 PM
04/20/10 11:57 PM

S
SavannaRenae
Unregistered
SavannaRenae
Unregistered
S

Oh okay. Thank you so much! smile
Do you think they bond better that way?
I have another question to, I'm getting my sugar glider on the 30th from a breeder and I've read lots of things on diets, but at no point has any of them talked about when to feed them? Are there certain times of the day and then just the treats? Or how many times a day.. ? Sorry I have so many questions. I'm very nervous and excited to pick her up. laugh I just want to make sure that I'm as prepared for her as I can be, since I've never had one before. laugh

Re: Bra bonding? [Re: ] #933351
04/21/10 04:27 AM
04/21/10 04:27 AM

N
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
NavyChiefWife
Unregistered
N

First of all, Welcome to GC!!!!

I know how excited and nervous you are right now. I think we were all the same when we first got our suggies. So don't worry about asking too many questions or sounding stupid. We've all been there and done that! wink

All of my gliders are bra babies. Some like to be directly in my bra against my skin and a couple like to be against my shirt so I wear a double shirt for them. I have one that loves when I wear long sleeves. He likes to be carried around in my sleeve. He's always poking his head out where my hand is to see what's going on. Especially if he knows mama's eatin a snack! Lol.

As far as feeding goes, most people feed their gliders in the evening. Some take the food out the following morning or sometime during the next day. I always have to leave the food in until I go to feed them the next evening because my gliders are up mostly during the day. They also don't just sit there and eat all at once. They snack throughout the day and night. Not all gliders are the same. You do need to be VERY careful that no mold grows on their food!!!! It is HIGHLY toxic to them!
You can test how fast mold grows on certain foods by leaving it out on your counter. Usually if the weather is warmer it molds faster. That has been my experience.

When giving treats be careful. Treats are meant as just that-treats. Only to be given in moderation. If you give your glider a bunch of treats during the day or too close to their dinner time then they won't eat their food. They are like little kids.
Normally my gliders each get 1-2 mealworms a day. Then every few days I'll give them each a yogurt drop. Sometimes I'll alternate it with a different treat. I give avacodo bites about once a month because they are very fattening.

I hope this helped you a little. Feel free to ask any questions. No matter how stupid you may think they are. We don't mind!
smile

Re: Bra bonding? [Re: ] #933359
04/21/10 06:35 AM
04/21/10 06:35 AM
New Jersey
JillMarie Offline
Serious Glideritis
JillMarie  Offline
Serious Glideritis

New Jersey
I sometimes wear a sports bra and put a pouch inside it clipped to the bra, sometimes she sleeps in it, sometimes against my skin.

diet...wow...research diet on this forum. there are alot to choose from

:grey: Bosom Buddy Creations:grey:
^website link wink

Remember that God Loves You!
Re: Bra bonding? [Re: JillMarie] #934097
04/22/10 02:38 PM
04/22/10 02:38 PM

S
SavannaRenae
Unregistered
SavannaRenae
Unregistered
S

Thank you so much! smile This is very helpful! I'll have to be extra careful about making sure nothing is out long enough to grow mold because its very hot here.

Re: Bra bonding? [Re: ] #934106
04/22/10 02:51 PM
04/22/10 02:51 PM
Washington D.C. Metro Area
DCMuffin Offline
Glideritis Anonymous
DCMuffin  Offline
Glideritis Anonymous

Washington D.C. Metro Area
Hi Savanna! Welcome to GC!

You'll find loads of information here that will be helpful and beneficial in your days as a slave. :-)

I'm surprised that your breeder hasn't discussed diet more with you. Do you know what they're feeding your baby now? I would find that out, it might make a difference for you in what you decide to feed. If they are giving your baby an approved diet, by using the same you will make the transition a little easier and will make for a happier tummy on your glider. There are a few different diets, to each his own. Personally, mine are on the HPW diet. I got my second glider, Teeka from Brandi (she posted above) and that's what she has her gliders on. The transition was seamless and we had no upset tummies here!

As far as bonding goes...mine aren't bra babies. I use a bonding pouch either inside or outside my shirt, and I also have a t-shirt and sweatshirt that have pouches sewn right on the front so they're close to me. As much as I wish I could make them bra babies, it's just not as convenient for me. With that said, my bonding has been absolutely wonderful and easy without them being in my bra.

There are NO stupid questions here. The more questions you ask, the more you know. And believe it or not, all of us learn something new each day from a question posed by someone else on the forum! You'd be surprised what you can learn here, it's a fantastic tool!

One last note...have you thought about getting a second suggie? You said joey (singular). Will you be able to spend lots and lots of time with him/her? Be prepared to give them much of your attention, play time, etc. Two is always better than one - I've just recently found that out. I started with Bandit. We bonded very quickly! He would play a little bit when we did tent time, but only so much and then he'd go back to sleep. We brought Teeka home last weekend and he's a changed man!!! I can't believe the difference, he's incredibly happy and I wish I'd gotten a second one even sooner! They bonded instantly, which is am amazing feat in itself....and to watch them is just a joy. Just something for you to think about.

Re: Bra bonding? [Re: DCMuffin] #934128
04/22/10 03:55 PM
04/22/10 03:55 PM
Knoxville, TN
L
LittleBear2 Offline
Glider Explorer
LittleBear2  Offline
Glider Explorer
L

Knoxville, TN
i love how informative and nice everyone one is <3

Re: Bra bonding? [Re: LittleBear2] #934134
04/22/10 04:01 PM
04/22/10 04:01 PM
atkins arkansas
eterrell84 Offline
Glider Addict
eterrell84  Offline
Glider Addict

atkins arkansas
mine started out as bra babies, but now they could care less! they like to poke their heads out of my shirt to see whats going on, then they get excited and wanna play! lol... but they will however crawl all around in my shirt, but i get lots of scratches! my only advice, is while training them, dont leave the house for a bit... once you know they wont just take off from you, then you can take them out. i had a guy at walmart ask me once if i had a parrot in my shirt! i was like "really"?? lol... but she got mad cuz i bent over to pick up my items and disturbed her beauty sleep! so get ready for some weird looks if your baby starts crabbing! lol

~ERIN~ momma to:ceasar(boxer),Chili(pug),Badcat(black cat) and Juliette(ragamuffin)~Apple:grey:and Archer:grey:and George Micheal:grey:Maybe:grey:and Jasper :wfb:,husband Jordan and daughter Azlyn!heart

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 383 guests, and 88 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,554 TEXAS
679,070 OHIO
487,140 OKLAHOMA
432,145 UTAH
321,667 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024