Show All Member Profiles 
Last 10 Posts
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Feather. 03/27/24 07:04 PM
Logging in Problem
by Feather. 03/26/24 06:07 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Hutch. 03/16/24 11:51 PM
Wheels, Toys, Toy supplies, pouches and more.
by Ladymagyver. 03/07/24 11:16 PM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:52 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Hutch. 03/04/24 12:12 AM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 02/29/24 08:55 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 02/27/24 04:23 PM
Google+

Facebook
Join Us On Facebook
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Squeeks, sweet angel #2687
11/21/01 02:35 AM
11/21/01 02:35 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Squeeks was the cutest, most trusting little one I had ever met. We loved her more than anything and she loved us, that was undeniable. She was my boyfriend's baby. She was perfect. He's had her for two and a half years and I don't think two souls could have been more bonded. They adored each other more than anything.<BR>Adam and I were finishing a snack, french fries, and I was giving Squeeks a treat. She was up and running around, doing cute things and playing with us. I sat with her in the living room as she sat perched on my hand, munching away--god she was so cute and sweet. She finished and made a little chattering sound as if to say thank you. She then bounded around the room and around the corner. I could hear my boyfriend talking to her in the kitchen. Only about twenty minutes earlier he had been telling me how wonderful she was, how much he loved her and how she was the most adorable thing alive. He was right. <BR>Then I heard the most awful thing I had ever heard in my life. Squeeks shrieked and I heard Adam scream her name in horror. She had jumped off his shoulder and accidently landed in the deep fryer. It had been off for quite some time and it wasn't scalding hot, but it was hot enough to hurt her--badly. She was only in the oil for a fraction of a second. She had leaped out immediately, not even having been fully immersed. Adam scooped her up and got her under cool water to pull out the burn, then warmed it up a little to keep her from going into shock. She was squirming and she was in pain. I grabbed a towel and tried to clean her up as Adam frantically called every veterinary hospital in the phone book. Squeeks curled up in the pocket of my sweater as we prepared to leave for a place that could see her. I heard her gnawing at something and to my horror, I looked in my pocket to find her chewing at her hind leg. She was in so much agony. When the vet saw her she immediately put Squeeks into an incubator with oxygen. She didn't gloss over the seriousness of the situation either. She said that Squeeks would proabably die. The oil hadn't been that hot we explained, Adam even put his hand all the way in just to see... he didn't even get slightly burned. She was so fragile though... she was so fragile. The vet took us back to see her, so tiny and afraid, she was in shock. Her beautiful fur coated with grease, she had horrendous blisters on her legs and her hind foot--I can't even bring myself to tell you what had happened. They had already given her an injection of fluids and something for pain. She was calming down a bit, especially when she heard our voices and we reached in so she could smell us. We thought she might make it with proper wound care and pain management. We thought if we got her home to her pouch, someplace familiar, we could nurse her back to health as long as we could control the pain. We hoped she had enough fight in her to make it. The vet said she couldn't do much for her there, so we could take her home--if Squeeks was going to make it she'd have to fight and we'd know more in the morning. The vet gave us the card of another vet specializing in small exotics, very knowledgable concerning sugargliders. The vet had been on the phone consulting with him over what to do for our little girl. We made up our minds to take Squeeks home for the night, bringing her back later for more pain medicaction if necessary, and drive her out to see this man first thing in the morning.<BR>We bundled up the little girl in a towel and went to the car. Adam was beside himself with anguish and worry. He held his little girl so gently in his hands, keeping her warm and watching for signs of distress. I drove to the gas station, got gas and as I was about to pull onto the road, when Squeeks began to gasp for air.<BR>"She's dying," Adam said under choked tears. I stopped, looked at his beloved baby and looked for any signs of life. She drew in one last breath, sighed and then she was gone.<BR>This shouldn't have happened. We were always so careful in the kitchen. We always took precautions and covered anything she might get into. She hadn't ever paid any attention to the stove or anything near it before, she hadn't ever jumped off Adam and back into the kitchen like she did that night. She trusted us, she loved us.<BR>Sqeeks, we love you too. I am so sorry this happened. I can't stop crying for you. Adam has been beside himself with grief. He blames himself for what happened. He misses you so much. I wanted you to make it, but I am so glad you aren't in pain. You're an angel now and I'll see you again someday and I'll keep a peanut in my pocket just for you.<BR>Goodbye little girl. I love you.

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2688
11/21/01 02:48 AM
11/21/01 02:48 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Myrtle,<P> There are No words that can express how I feel after reading your post.<P>I just want to say How Very Sorry I am for your Loss.<P>In My Prayers,<BR>Etta

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2689
11/21/01 03:10 AM
11/21/01 03:10 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

[]http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/sad.gif[/] I am so very sorry for your loss. I am in tears. I feel so much for the two of you. I wish I could put my thoughts and feelings into words.<P>I'll be keeping you close to heart, in my thoughts and prayers.<P>Deb []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/sad.gif[/]<BR>and my Shuga Babies []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/blush.gif[/]'s

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2690
11/21/01 03:27 AM
11/21/01 03:27 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

So sorry<BR>Marvin

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2691
11/21/01 08:52 AM
11/21/01 08:52 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I am so sorry to hear about your little one Squeeks. This is a devastating story to say the least! As sad as this is, thank you for sharing it because in doing so, you most likely saved the life of another sugar glider. Squeeks will always feel your love for her I'm sure!<BR>Kathy

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2692
11/21/01 09:10 AM
11/21/01 09:10 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Ohh Myrtle and Adam.... Im crying my eyes out here in Michigan... Im soo sorry to hear about you beloved pet.... I hope in time your pain will lesson... God be with you and your Babie....Lynne and her crew of 2 []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/blush.gif[/]

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2693
11/21/01 09:35 AM
11/21/01 09:35 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Dear Adam and Myrtle, <BR>I am sitting here crying also. I can't imagine the anguish you must feel. I am so sorry your little one is gone. Gizmo, Puter and Aries send you glider hugs and kisses. Poor baby, and poor mommy and daddy.<BR>You will be in my prayers!<BR>Chey<BR>

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2694
11/21/01 11:07 AM
11/21/01 11:07 AM
USA
BMXgirl Offline
Serious Glideritis
BMXgirl  Offline
Serious Glideritis

USA
(crying) Im so sorry. []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/sad.gif[/]<BR>I dont know what to say.<BR>Hugs to you both and prayers of comfort. []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/heart.gif[/]

www.GlidersUncensored.com
(Glider Anatomy, Info, & a wee bit of fun.)
Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2695
11/21/01 11:42 AM
11/21/01 11:42 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

A very heartbreaking story. It was apparent that she was loved by both of you, and that she loved you just as much. I know how much it hurts to lose one of your babies. Sending prayers you way...

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2696
11/22/01 01:44 AM
11/22/01 01:44 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I'm so sorry (crying as well). Love and hugs sent your way from all of us here.<P>Connie & Gilles<BR>Minnie & Wally []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/blush.gif[/]<P>------------------<BR>Glider Love Forever

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2697
11/21/01 04:26 PM
11/21/01 04:26 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

aww...i am so sorry. it wasnt anyones fault. u all obviously loved each other!!<BR>Cassie and Crew []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif[/]

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2698
11/21/01 07:23 PM
11/21/01 07:23 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Very sorry to hear of your loss []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif[/]

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2699
11/21/01 07:29 PM
11/21/01 07:29 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I am so sorry to hear about Squeeks and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2700
11/21/01 08:31 PM
11/21/01 08:31 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I am so sorry. What a sad story. <P>As hard as it is to lose a glider, there's nothing that quite compares to the anguish of knowing it didn't have to happen. I'm so sorry. I lost my first glider in February to an accident. People were so nice, saying it wasn't my fault, but it was, and that was in many ways the hardest part to deal with. I really do know what you and Adam are going through right now. <P> I wish I could say something that would help that anguish that you feel. However, only time and the comfort that you did the best you could and provided the best possible life you could, will help. <P>Hang tight here. That helps, too. <P>I am so sorry. <p>[This message has been edited by lletton (edited 11-21-2001).]

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: Anonymous] #2701
11/21/01 10:26 PM
11/21/01 10:26 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I am deeply sorry for your loss.I know you all are devastated.and in time your wounds will heal.I don't know what else to say as tears are rolling down my face.Just know one day you all will be together.<BR>Jorji<BR>

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: MelanieW] #2702
11/22/01 12:02 AM
11/22/01 12:02 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

[censored]...I need to stop coming to this part of the board cause everytime I do I leave in tears.....<BR> Im so sorry for your loss... I know what it feels like to lose one you love.... I lost my beloved Toshua ( a peke ) a yr ago...She was 13 yrs old and she passed away in my arms on the way to the vet from heart failure.... []http://www.sugarglider.net/ubb/images/icons/frown.gif[/]<P>------------------<BR>Mommy to<BR>Holly*9 months oop<BR>Moe*8 months oop<BR>Atlanta*yr old peke who thinks shes a glider. smile

Re: Squeeks, sweet angel [Re: ] #2703
11/25/01 05:30 PM
11/25/01 05:30 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Tears are streaming down my face. I'm so sorry for your loss. Your baby was so loved...

Moderated by  Feather, KarenE, Ladymagyver 

Sugar Glider Help Page

Please click above to see how you can help!!

Moon
CURRENT MOON
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 422 guests, and 80 spiders.
Key: , , Owner, Admin
Newest Members
Mellefrl, klowvrrr, gracefulguardian, KiyokoTheDoll, Hazelneko
7324 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums132
Topics10,374
Posts159,160
posts in the last 24hrs0
Members7,324
Most Online2,693
Jan 2nd, 2020
Last 10 New Topics
Logging in Problem
by Anonymous. 03/24/24 11:43 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 10
by Hutch. 03/07/24 10:50 PM
Cloaca swollen?
by Mellefrl. 03/04/24 02:39 PM
2024 Sugar Glider Calendar and Cafe Press Store
by theresaw. 08/15/23 02:37 PM
Stewie:" It's MY Mouse!"
by Ladymagyver. 05/25/21 09:57 AM
Gliders of the Round Table 9
by Hutch. 02/12/19 11:35 PM
Custom Cage Liners Machine Wash & Dry
by gr8pots. 06/03/14 10:25 AM
Popular Topics(Views)
849,580 TEXAS
679,079 OHIO
487,161 OKLAHOMA
432,164 UTAH
321,690 NORTH CAROLINA
Supported Browser
This site was tested and is best viewed in Google Chrome & Mozilla FireFox

Firefox 3

Download your copy today!!!
Home Forums Links Sitemap Vets Breeders Sounds Contact Us Names Rules & Policies

GliderCENTRAL
©1998-2024