GliderCENTRAL

I bought my gliders at White Settlement TX and looking for info

Posted By: Claralice

I bought my gliders at White Settlement TX and looking for info - 12/04/17 12:21 AM

I bought two male gliders in White Settlement. My phone has since bit the dust and the breeder kept up with who was what. I am trying to get info on mine. The date we bought them was sometime in the spring.

Third set of Gliders but here to stay! - 12/04/17 01:17 AM

I thought I had completed enough research to handle gliders. The first one I bought was a standard color and 12 weeks OOP. I knew he needed a buddy so I searched for a second one and found a tiny 6 week OOP. I nervously took the little baby but worried it would not make it as it was so much more fragile than the one I had. I nurtured her and she thrived! I soon had two hand tamed wonderful babies.
Then, I got sick and they were something I had to let go-I cried when the lady picked them up and I explained that she would need to neuter the boy-or learn to raise gliders which is not a good idea for a first time owner. She left, and with her went my little buddies! I was heart broken!
I located a pair by accident in a small town near here. The person had never worked with the girls. They were grippy and finally I was able to tame down one but not both. I decided I couldn't do it and so I rehomed these two. At the time I was having another health issue that required a hip replacement.
I dreamt of my first two glidders and finally decided, I had to have a tame pair. I drove to White Settlement in Texas and a wonderful breeder sold me my two males. They are precious.
I work full time, I have a couple of aquariums, 3 small dogs and two large lumbering outside (mostly) dogs and Fred and Barnie-my little hand tamed gliders!
Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the forum! And I look forward to continuing to learn about gliders and others experiences!
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Third set of Gliders but here to stay! - 12/04/17 01:37 AM

:welcomegc: So glad you're here!
Posted By: Feather

Re: I bought my gliders at White Settlement TX and looking for info - 12/04/17 02:56 AM

The only two I know in TX are not in White Settlement. They would be Priscilla Price and Cathy Hart, there is also Cora Holt, but I don't know where she lives.

Re: I bought my gliders at White Settlement TX and looking for info - 12/04/17 05:02 AM

Ty but it was White Settlement. She was very knowledgeable and told me if I intended to breed, she could give me their lineage but my plan is to neuter the boys.

Re: Third set of Gliders but here to stay! - 12/04/17 05:36 AM

Thank you Dawn, I am very glad I found this forum as well as all the articles and other information!

Re: Third set of Gliders but here to stay! - 12/06/17 03:03 AM

I am so excited! I was able to find my breeder, Lea and now have the line my boys are from!
Mad Max and Marti! Mine are Caramels and so friendly! @Feather are you familiar with Lea?
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL