GliderCENTRAL

New With Questions

Posted By: Anonymous

New With Questions - 09/30/19 09:41 PM

Hi I have 3 gliders 1 is a baby already fuzzy and doing well and I want to keep the baby girl and also keep parents. I understand keeping her with father might result in inbreeding which is not what I want, I also do not want to neuter the father. Is it ok to get a separate cage for the baby and put that on top of my other cage with mom and dad in it? Yes/no and what are better alternatives I do not want baby to have any emotional or stress problems by not being able to be with parents! What is best solution for my situation. Thank you for your advice in advance.
Posted By: Claralice

Re: New With Questions - 09/30/19 11:30 PM

Anonymous, hopefully your thread will be moved to its own in the breeding section. For now, the daughter will be bred by the father if you keep her in the cage with her parents. It is also a bad idea to keep her by herself. If possible, I would neuter father and once the chance of pregnancy passes (someone more familiar will have to answer that question as to how long after neuter) then the three will make a happy colony. Hope that helps.

SandyA once my boys were neutered the smell was basically gone. I would get new fleece, a new cage and a neuter for your boy. It will likely calm him down as well as address the worst of the smell.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: New With Questions - 10/01/19 03:10 AM

Please take a few moments to register in order that you post/thread may be moved to the appropriate forum, Bonding & Relations. You will also be able to take full advantage of the message board (posting/replying) once you register.

Re: New With Questions - 10/03/19 04:38 AM

Hi I'm new...thus on this page... My hubby and I have the sweetest pair of gliders (male is neutered)... they are a little over 1 year old... Due to our failing health (we are SENIOR citizens...we are no longer able to properly care for our little ones... we do not interface with "young people" that may be interested in adopting them... we have "TRIED" several other internet sites but our requests have been "kicked off"... "requests not allowed"... sooo I am now asking here... IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT CAN TAKE OUR TWO BABIES...COMPLETE WITH ALL THEIR TOYS, THEIR CAGE (Madagascar), 5x5x5 play tent, etc... ALL FOR FREE... WE NEED HELP ~~~AS SOON AS POSSIBLE !!!! We are afraid our babies will start to suffer from improper care... they love to be held and play in the tent...but neither one of us can get in the tent anymore... PLEASE SOMEONE HELP US !!! We live in the Albuquerque, New Mexico area..I'm sorry we can not transport them...

Re: New With Questions - 10/03/19 04:40 AM

Previous statement was by PJ Thompson !!!!
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: New With Questions - 10/03/19 08:40 AM

Please register. We have a" rescue me ' section you can advertise to once registered.

That way people can contact you via PM . You will have a mailbox in the upper right corner of this page once you register. It will flash when someone is trying to contact you.

If you're having issues with registration, please let us know.

Re: New With Questions - 10/03/19 01:52 PM

Dawn/Ladymagyver is correct. We have the perfect place for your post but you must be a registered member in order to post there. That way members will know who you are and where you are located.

Our rule 8 stipulates no advertising on the main message board, so unless you register I will have to remove your post.

Please please take just a few moments and register. It's free and painless thumb

Re: New With Questions - 12/14/19 09:00 AM

We would love to give your sugars a forever home. Please let us know if you haven't found someone yet.

Re: New With Questions - 12/14/19 03:38 PM

The person who has these gliders never registered and the person who just responded is not registered and posted as anonymous so there is no way of knowing who either party is.

The original poster did finally give a name, but that doesn't give us any more information and they never returned. Any ad must be in our Classified section of the board and the poster must be registered.

I am locking this thread now.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL