GliderCENTRAL

Taking care of son's gliders.

Posted By: Charlie10

Taking care of son's gliders. - 03/08/20 01:00 AM

Hello, we have been caring for these 2 little guys for the last couple of years. They are Maverick an Goose. They are both neutered but one started hurting the other. I have them in separate cages now. The one smaller one has had a rough couple months. He has been on antibiotics and eye drops. He has been grooming so much he has lost the fur off his tail and it looks like he is self mutilating. Any thoughts on what I can do t help him?
Thank
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: Taking care of son's gliders. - 03/15/20 11:31 AM

I'm sorry no one has answered your questions yet. This didn't show up in my feed until today.

It sounds like the male needs to be seen by a vet as soon as possible.

His tail may be broken or has been bitten and requires antibiotics. I'm glad you separated them. As both will continue to overgroom tail.

Please keep us posted.
Posted By: KarenE

Re: Taking care of son's gliders. - 03/15/20 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Charlie10
Hello, we have been caring for these 2 little guys for the last couple of years. They are Maverick an Goose. They are both neutered but one started hurting the other. I have them in separate cages now. The one smaller one has had a rough couple months. He has been on antibiotics and eye drops. He has been grooming so much he has lost the fur off his tail and it looks like he is self mutilating. Any thoughts on what I can do t help him?
Thank

Dawn has given you good advice. Why were antibiotics given in the first place? Having a recheck to see if the condition is still present is a good idea. It's possible his cage mate was bullying him because of his illness.

We know that gliders self mutilate because of pain, so definitely have him checked. They can do lots of damage in a short amount of time.

Again I apologize for the late response. :welcomegc:
© 2020 GliderCENTRAL