GliderCENTRAL

So excited to start anew!

Posted By: JadedKitteh

So excited to start anew! - 06/25/20 05:05 AM

Greetings & well met!

I'm adopting 3 neutered boys (bonded with each other) this weekend, and I couldn't be more excited!!! Many many years ago, I was a servant to sugar gliders, but after my fur-babies passed away, I hadn't the heart to continue until now. I'm so very excited, but also daunted! So much information has been gained since back then (over 12 years ago!!!), and I'm learning as fast as I can! (Don't worry, I've been re-researching (is that a word?) for several months in preparation!) I'm glad to be diving back in, and I look forward to picking your collective brains for wisdom and knowledge!

A little about me: In the intervening years, I switched careers from graphic design to veterinary medicine. I am a certified veterinary technician, with many years of experience in emergency & critical medicine, and working with exotic animals as well as companion animals. One of my goals for the clinic I'm at is to convince the doctors to start seeing invertebrates! I love tarantulas and other inverts, and am also in the process of expanding my collection of these beautiful creatures.

I also enjoy expanding my knowledge base and experience working with exotics, studying animal behavior, playing the acoustic guitar, gardening, and playing board games.

I look forward to being part of this community after being gone for so long!
Posted By: KarenE

Re: So excited to start anew! - 06/25/20 02:10 PM

:welcome: Jessie, so glad to have you. May I ask if by chance you were a member here when you owned gliders previously?

Don't worry about your new furbabies. One big advantage is they are already neutered and bonded to each other so you don't have to worry about introductions and quarantine. There's also a good chance the bonding process will also not be too difficult.

We are here to help in any way we can so please do not hesitate to ask any and all questions you may have. Doesn't matter how small they may seem.

Oh, and did I mention we just heart pictures. Lots of pictures clap
Posted By: Feather

Re: So excited to start anew! - 06/25/20 02:24 PM

:welcome:
Posted By: Ladymagyver

Re: So excited to start anew! - 06/28/20 08:04 PM

:welcome: to GC!!!

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL