GliderCENTRAL

Please help - older glider chasing baby glider

Posted By: dijana

Please help - older glider chasing baby glider - 05/08/14 02:48 PM

Hi all!
I own 1 year old female and about 45 days ago I purchased new baby girl. She is the sweetest sugar glider on earth! I took her for vet check up, quarantined her for 30 days, and checked her poop once again and everything was perfect.

Then i started introduction game. smile I swap the toys and pouches, some nights I will switch they cages and everything went well. A week ago I took them out for tent time and for the first time they played together. They looked so happy until I put them back in clean cage. From that moment everything went south frown. Budalica (Older glider) start chasing LaLa (baby girl, she is 15 weeks old) and she was soooo scared that I had to take her out of the cage. Next day I put them in the same pouch for "good night sleep" and they slept together just fine. But when I put them back in the cage, show started all over again. They never balled up, but baby one is running around the cage like crazy and I am just scared that she can brake her leg or that they will hurt each other frown. I just found some post that I should put little-bit of vanilla extract on them but I am afraid to do that ...

When they are out of cage they are perfectly fine ....
What should I do? Please help!!

p.s. I have very big cage ...
Posted By: yiyo

Re: Please help - older glider chasing baby glider - 05/08/14 02:59 PM

wave Welcome to GC!

If they're getting along outside of the cage, then there is hope smile

I would try to put the older glider in the little girls cage and put your little girl in the big cage. Your older glider sounds like she may be a bit terratorial. By allowing the big cage to be covered with the little ones scent, it may help.

Also, put all pouches, toys, etc with the little ones scent in the big cage.

They also may just be establishing dominance, which is normal. As long as they're not balling up, you may be ok.

Re: Please help - older glider chasing baby glider - 05/08/14 03:03 PM

Thank you! smile
I did that already but didn't help :S
Posted By: Terry

Re: Please help - older glider chasing baby glider - 05/09/14 04:47 AM

Is there a considerable size difference? You may want to take more time and let the baby get bigger before keeping together in a cage, just thinking. Hopefully someone will soon who knows more will see this post and be able to help,
Posted By: Feather

Re: Please help - older glider chasing baby glider - 05/09/14 01:59 PM

I agree with Terry on the size difference. Let them do tent time and and bonding time in a pouch on you together until the little one is closer to the same size as your older glider.

Re: Please help - older glider chasing baby glider - 05/12/14 08:55 PM

I don't know what to do anymore frown
Can you please watch the video and tell me if this is normal. Is it safe to let them jump like this?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuGlu1wr9Ac&feature=youtu.be
Posted By: Sherri

Re: Please help - older glider chasing baby glider - 05/12/14 09:48 PM

I had a couple of introductions that were like that, but mine were about the same size and age so I wasn't real worried about one of them getting hurt. It went on like that for a couple of weeks.... Some days were better than others though.

Since one of them is younger I would probably try things slow and do it like Terry had said.... supervision would be a good thing with these 2.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL