GliderCENTRAL

Worried New Suggie Mom

Posted By: miizzmag33

Worried New Suggie Mom - 06/15/14 11:07 PM

I've had my little girl for 2 days now and I'm in love. She's beautiful and funny and she's doing very well bonding compared to some of the stories I've read.
I'm worried about a sneezing noise she has been making in her sleep occasionally. She moves around and sneezes for about a minute then settles again. I haven't gotten her cage mate yet but hoping by next week.
Is she fussing because she's alone? Uncomfortable? Or is it due to a lack of something? She's on HPW and is eating both fruits an veggies properly. (and dried crickets)
She occasionally cries in her sleep as well. I took her from a twin brother and her parents so could the stress level be too high? She sleeps inside my sweater frequently and enjoys riding my shoulder already but she sounds distressed when asleep. What can I do to make her more comfortable?
Posted By: Lisette

Re: Worried New Suggie Mom - 06/15/14 11:18 PM

The sneezing sound is likely just her grooming. Even if it's during the day and in the sleeping pouch, gliders will wake up and groom.

The crying though, is it barking (it would sound a lot like a small dog) or something else? If it's barking, gliders will do this for different reasons, much like a dog. Our can be a sign of excitement, a call of distress, a plea for attention or treats, etc. In this case, I'm willing to bet she's calling for her previous cage mates. If I were you, I would really try to get on finding her a cage mate spinner rather than later.

Re: Worried New Suggie Mom - 06/16/14 12:01 AM

It's definitely not barking. It's more of a whimper. I know she's doing it in her sleep because she did it yesterday and I pet her which startled her awake. She crabbed for a second then settled. It's almost as if she's having a bad dream. Is that possible?
She's only done it a total of 3 times but like I said I've only had her for 2 days.
Posted By: Feather

Re: Worried New Suggie Mom - 06/16/14 12:08 AM

She could be dreaming. Mine will whimper in their sleep and they are hubby and wife.

It is a good idea though to get her a buddy as soon as possible.

Re: Worried New Suggie Mom - 06/16/14 12:17 AM

I'm supposed to go get her hubby next week. Thanks for the help smile
Posted By: Dreamsuggies

Re: Worried New Suggie Mom - 06/16/14 08:13 PM

Let us know how her new mate and her get along!! and if that stops her strange noises! :gluck:
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL