GliderCENTRAL

Change in behavior after returning from trip

Posted By: Kris

Change in behavior after returning from trip - 10/25/14 10:24 AM

I went on a work trip for 4days, my husband still took all 4gliders out everyday, but not as much as me. 3 get along, but we have one boy that chases the girls during playtime. They yell when he catches them, but he doesn't make them bleed.
So back to the question. When I got back , the two girls and one boy were like little puppies all over me rubbing and licking.....the other boy...mocha...looked at me and went in his bag.....like a cat treats you when you come back.
Now he does it every morning. I have been taking his bag out and getting him to come out, so he will play for awhile, and than go to bed. It's like he is mad. He is spoiled and gets the bobie spot almost everyday..he purrs when I take him out too. It's almost like he is a spoiled little kid.
Any thoughts to help him get over his additude?
Posted By: Terry

Re: Change in behavior after returning from trip - 10/25/14 02:47 PM

I'm not really sure what to contribute his change of behavior to. It could very possibly be he is resentful of you absence, but I watch very carefully to make sure his eating and potty behaviors as well as activity level are normal, just to make sure he wasn't over stressed.

I also do not know how long it's been since you've been back and their routine as returned to normal, also is this the boy that likes to chase the girls at playtime? Does he seem to get along other times, especially in the cage?

Please keep us updated on how he's getting along, hopefully he'll return to normal soon.

Re: Change in behavior after returning from trip - 10/26/14 01:23 AM

Well it's quite interesting. He eats and Pottys just fine. And at night he runs around like normal. Maybe Didn't say but mocha, the one that chases the girls, and bugsey share a cage, and the girls a cage...because of his aggression. I still have hopes of them getting together. He is just a stinker.
So if anyone has seen this, maybe you can comment., these little guys are so smart

Re: Change in behavior after returning from trip - 11/11/14 12:48 AM

So after this crazy behavior mocha decided he was tired of not getting love from the girls. After a YEAR of trying to get them all together mocha decided to join the pack...you do not know how excited I am.. After lots of love on my mean glider, and time outs..he finally came around. He was always the best glider to humans, but now he is awesome to all. It just happened a couple weeks ago, and I went out of town, so I kept boys and girls separate. This week end I will try putting them together all night, with two dishes, water and beds to make sure everyone is happy.
Posted By: Terry

Re: Change in behavior after returning from trip - 11/11/14 04:18 AM

I'm so glad everything is working out with them. You have good reason for celebration!
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL