GliderCENTRAL

Intact male- no bald spot?!

Posted By: RainBerr

Intact male- no bald spot?! - 10/30/14 07:59 PM

Hey everyone!

My male Toby just turned a year old at the end of September. He has not been neutered, although it is planned for the future.

As far as I can tell, he is fully mature. He has the typical male chest, but he has NO BALDSPOT!

And I mean his head is fully furred. If I didn't know any better I would assume he was neutered, or a female. But alas, I've had him since he was a joey- I'm 100% positive he's a he, and that he has not been neutered.

Just curious if anyone else has an intact male that has never developed the bald spot on his head?

OR is it possible that Toby's bald spot is just taking a while to appear?
How soon have you had a male glider develop a bald spot? And what's the oldest you've had one develop the bald spot?
Posted By: Sanctity

Re: Intact male- no bald spot?! - 10/30/14 09:22 PM

I got teemo at 10 months old and he already had his bald spot. Only help I can offer lol.
Posted By: Srlb

Re: Intact male- no bald spot?! - 10/30/14 10:09 PM

I have a male here with a very minimal bald spot and he did not start breeding until he was almost a year old.

Is there a female around your male? If not, he really has no reason to have high testosterone levels to really mark up his area.
Posted By: GliderNursery

Re: Intact male- no bald spot?! - 10/30/14 10:47 PM

:agreed:

I've had joeys at 4 weeks old start showing a bald spot. This is not necessarily indicative of them being sexually mature.
© 2024 GliderCENTRAL